Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki (54548 Views)

Dino Melaye And Bukola Saraki's Handshake That People Are Talking About / Photo Of Adams Oshiomhole And Bukola Saraki At Jonathan's Book Launch / Toyin And Bukola Saraki With Teniola And Teniayo, Their Twin Daughters (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Owamudia: 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:

Oh, but they do.
And mind you, the of the Emir of Illorun, a Fulani is Kolapo.

The emir dropped his Yoruba name shortly before he became emir so that it won't affect his chances.
Nevertheless, he is still a Yoruba man with Fulani ancestry.
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Ojukwu is nothing but a senseless tyrant coward.

A foolish man that caused that death of more three million senseless sheep's of his tribesmen.

A foolish man who couldn't even win a senatorial election in his ward.

Chai. This man, why are you jumping up and down this hot afternoon ni. Take it easy. Ojukwu was a great leader.
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Owamudia: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:

Are you are: Are leaders not great and influential people?

Not every time. Sarkin is usually a small leader of Hausas in a strange land. Hence he can't be a Saraki... angry

1 Like

Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
Owamudia:

The emir dropped his Yoruba name shortly before he became emir so that it won't affect his chances.
Nevertheless, he is still a Yoruba man with Fulani ancestry.

I like this post. You are very smart.
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
Owamudia:

Not every time. Sarkin is usually a small leader of Hausas in a strange land. Hence he can't be a Saraki... angry
grin
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Owamudia: 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:

grin

I meant to use this smiley, sorry. Nothing to be angry about.
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Oya prove it
Lol
Biafra

First off, Ojukwu was one of those that stopped the January 1966 coup whose stated aim was to make Awolowo Prime Minister. Awolowo was then in prison after being convicted of coup plotting in 1962.

I mean, for crying out loud, why did those military supporters not just retire from the Arny, join party politics and campaign for their hero Awolowo?

Did they have to carry out a bloody coup? Ademoyega, Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna need to answer this question. They were brilliant but a coup for their hero instead of campaign? Mba nu! sad
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
Owamudia:

I meant to use this smiley, sorry. Nothing to be angry about.
Bros you know we Southerners like to debate, especially Igbo and Yoruba. No shakes. Na part of the fun + politics. smiley
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by izilyf4comfort: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
U are a Numbskull
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by rhythyson: 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
Hausa Fulani greets Yoruba Fulani. Many don't know Bukola Saraki is Fulani from his father's side.

Haba you sabi lie no be small.... Minister of Misinformation
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Rubbish
Ojucrook that wanted Biafra because of greed but later contested to be a Nigerian president. The mumu couldn't even win in his ward. Shows how love you people have for him.

In terms of finances, you need to see how Ojukwu grew up. This was an upper class dude that sacrificed everything when his people were massacred.

That is why the Igbos revere Ojukwu.
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by tafabaloo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
Hausa Fulani greets Yoruba Fulani. Many don't know Bukola Saraki is Fulani from his father's side.

Sarakis had nothing to do with Fulanis. His grand father was a migrant from ifo in ogun state.

Check out the facts yourself
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
rhythyson:

Haba you sabi lie no be small.... Minister of Misinformation
Na him papa talk am. Na Oloye talk am.

Saraki Snr said they have Fulani blood in them. What's wrong with that?
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by buhariguy(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
A betrayal will always be ashame of himself
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
NigeriaBam:

Saraki compound called "Ile Agoro" ... Please, can you give me his compound name in Egba , Ogun state

Yinkame123:

Saraki has a family house in ilorin. Pls check your fact well before spewing trash. His family compound is in Agbaji, Ile Aburo. That is where his father built his house aside the one in 'gra.

See:

The resolution of the feud engendered friendship between Alhaji Saraki and Abdulrazak. They started attending Friday prayers together. “I usually went out of my way to Alhaji Saraki’s house to take him in my car to the mosque and brought him back after prayers,” he said. One Sunday morning in 1963, the policeman attached to Abdulrazak came to tell him that an old man wanted to see him. The policeman gave the guest’s name as Saraki–Muttahiru. After swapping pleasantries and a few banters, Alhaji Saraki asked where Abdulrazak hails from. “I told him I come from Ilorin,” he replied. “Alhaji Muttahiru Saraki said: ‘I am an Egba man from Abeokuta, but went to a Quranic school in Agbaji.’ The man himself, with his own mouth, told me he is an Egba man from Abeokuta,” the former ambassador added.

Saraki, he says, hails from Ago-Ika Quarters in the Ogun State capital.

According to Omo-Iya, when Saraki came to contest the parliamentary election in 1964, he contested in Asa and not Ilorin. And before 1974, when he started his politics-inspired philanthropy, added the lecturer, there was nothing link•ing him to Agbaji Quarters, where he claims to be his family compound. Saraki was said to have lived in a place called Popojiwa. But when he was given the traditional title of Turaki of Ilorin in 1974–on account of his generosity–the traditional institution found a place for him in Agbaji.

Omo-Iya insists that the Sarakis are the only Ilorin family that does not have extended family members or a family house. A similar claim was made by Abiodun Kolawole, author of Kwara: A State In Bondage. In the book’s first chapter, the author contends that Saraki’s origin is hazy. While he agrees that Saraki’s mother may have hailed from Iseyin, his paternal roots do not lend themselves to such a declaration, as there is no Ilorin indigene that does not have extended family spread from one quarter to another, either through marriage or relocation from one part of the emirate to another. “Saraki’s family is one of the very few exceptions that do not have any claimed relations or historical family house in Ilorin,” writes Kolawole.

http://saharareporters.com/2010/12/09/saraki-not-kwara-alhaji-abdulganiyu-folorunsho-abdulrazak

If you have a problem with Mr. Abdurazzak, there is Dr. Omoiya’s comment as well. Dr. Omoiya was a Historian proper and a full fledged Ilorin man who was at the fore front of Ilorin’s politics and culture.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Kog45(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
Y0ruba:

Saraki’s paternal grand father was from Abeokuta, he lived in Ivory Coast.

Saraki’s own father grew up under a one time Ambassador of Nigeria to Ivory Coast who was from Ilorin. He was instrumental in Saraki’s father’s participation & eventual growth in Ilorin/Kwara’s politics.

Senate President Saraki’s claim to Ilorin is hinged on the Ambassador’s compound where there is an Quranic school at the moment. The man’s compound & relatives already denied Saraki ever being part of them.

Saraki has no ‘family compound’ Ilorin to reflect his 200 years ago Futa Toro migration in Ilorin. His ancestral tree in Ilorin started with Saraki’s own father, a 20th century personage.

Saraki is an Ilorin man with Egba ancestry, QED.
Pls stop misleading people here and be accurate in your assertion so that we can learn from history.

If i may ask who is the ambassador in question? Okay if you don't know the ambasdador is Alhaji Abdulrazak SAN a very senior citizen and one of the first northern Lawyer.He is the Father of Senator Khairat Abdulrazak Gwadabe.

Alhaji Abdulrazak was a very good friend of Bukola grand father know as Mutairu(la bidjan)in Abidjan and they met in old Ivory Coast now cote d voire.Alhaji Abdulrazak was ambassador representing Nigeria and Bukola's grandfather was a highly successful businessman who reside in Abidjan

The old Saraki and Ambassador Abdulrazak friendship blossomed and Olushola Saraki who was Bukola's Father came into picture when he was introduced to Ambassador.

This made Ambassador to tell old Saraki that he should try and make sure Olushola Saraki observe every Muslim festival in Ilorin being from Ilorin and Old Saraki obliged.This was how Olushola was forced to be observing festivities in Ilorin and had a great friend in Babatunde Alanamu who they grew up together and shared a lot of things and this facilitated his foray into politics.

Sir do you know that Saraki compound is in Agbaji in Ajikobi area and his family his house is a central point where prominent Agbajis gathered and relates but surprising you are tellng us Saraki is not welcome in his compound.

On Saraki heritage from Egba,well if you know Ilorin history very well you will not be saying this cos Ilorin is a migrations community with Fulani,Gobir,Kanuri and Yoruba and for you to know Emir is traditional ruler.

The old Saraki is a Fulani man with ancestral route from Sokoto caliphate but what a lot don't know is that The Olushola Saraki maternal home is Ogun state and Bukola"s maternal is Ondo State,so he has a very strong Yoruba route but paternally he is from Fulani extraction.
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
tafabaloo:

Sarakis had nothing to do with Fulanis. His grand father was a migrant from ifo in ogun state.

Check out the facts yourself

Read this from Olusola Saraki himself. www.Osundefender.com

"My mother was from Iseyin in Oyo State while my father was from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from.

"My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu, they were all refreshing and they were religious but my people came there as practicing Muslims from Mali with their “own Quran”.

"In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled.

"The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area. But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of the Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

"But if you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity to those of the far Northern Nigeria.

"That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language.

"I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had an invitation to join a Malian-Fulani organisation and that I should be its chairman."

Culled from: http://www.osundefender.com/how-buharis-coup-saved-me-saraki-says-his-grandfather-was-from-mali/

My comment: At the end of the day, what matters most is that the Sarakis are Nigerians.
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
Double post
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by petchi: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2018
CeoNewshelm:
During the meeting of President Buhari with principal officers of both chambers of the National Assembly at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, he was pictured shaking hands with the senate president, Bukola Saraki and looks like he was almost bending to greet him.

Any take on this

http://newshelm.ng/caption-this-handshake-of-president-buhari-and-bukola-saraki/

This is not a firm handshake expected from them. The way Buhari hold his hand softly it shows his mistrust for Bukola Saraki.
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kog45:
Pls stop misleading people here and be accurate in your assertion so that we can learn from history.

If i may ask who is the ambassador in question? Okay if you don't know the ambasdador is Alhaji Abdulrazak SAN a very senior citizen and one of the first northern Lawyer.He is the Father of Senator Khairat Abdulrazak Gwadabe.

Alhaji Abdulrazak was a very good friend of Bukola grand father know as Mutairu(la bidjan)in Abidjan and they met in old Ivory Coast now cote d voire.Alhaji Abdulrazak was ambassador representing Nigeria and Bukola's grandfather was a highly successful businessman who reside in Abidjan

The old Saraki and Ambassador Abdulrazak friendship blossomed and Olushola Saraki who was Bukola's Father came into picture when he was introduced to Ambassador.

This made Ambassador to tell old Saraki that he should try and make sure Olushola Saraki observe every Muslim festival in Ilorin being from Ilorin and Old Saraki obliged.This was how Olushola was forced to be observing festivities in Ilorin and had a great friend in Babatunde Alanamu who they grew up together and shared a lot of things and this facilitated his foray into politics.

Sir do you know that Saraki compound is in Agbaji in Ajikobi area and his family his house is a central point where prominent Agbajis gathered and relates but surprising you are tellng us Saraki is not welcome in his compound.

On Saraki heritage from Egba,well if you know Ilorin history very well you will not be saying this cos Ilorin is a migrations community with Fulani,Gobir,Kanuri and Yoruba and for you to know Emir is traditional ruler.

The old Saraki is a Fulani man with ancestral route from Sokoto caliphate but what a lot don't know is that The Olushola Saraki maternal home is Ogun state and Bukola"s maternal is Ondo State,so he has a very strong Yoruba route but paternally he is from Fulani extraction.

You have not said ajything new.

You have only repeated the Ambassador’s statements & gave it a different conclusion from what the man himself stated.

If the original Saraki, the Ambassador’s friend was from Ilorin. Why then would he have to be encouraged or told to participate and learn Ilorin cultural ceremonies?

I do not know what you here to debate exactly. The Ambassador who knew the first Saraki personally made a revelation but you, who probably did not know Bukola’s father not to mention his grandfather insinuated the Ambassador lied.

You should also be aware that Ajikobi’s quarter is populated with family compounds that moved from Oyo, Iseyin to be specific. Ajikobi quaters is not a Fulani quarter at all.

Try again.

2 Likes

Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by dheilaw1(m): 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mynd44:

Actually, he is Yoruba from his father's side. His father can actually trace his ancestory to Ogun state. wink
you are very correct
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by dapomola09(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ode ni Eleyi sha,wetin u sabi wey u dey make mouth 4 here,Saraki nd his entire lineage are typical Yoruba, Ogun state nt even kwara state..next time ask b4 u behave like I. TOO KNO HERE
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by brownbib(m): 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
JUST LIKE SARAKI IS THE PRESIDENT AND BUHARI IS HIS MINISTER
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Born2Breed(f): 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mynd44:

Actually, he is Yoruba from his father's side. His father can actually trace his ancestory to Ogun state. wink

The same father that claimed Mali as their ancestral home?
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by nascodamus(m): 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
igbodefender:
BIG LAIR
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
nascodamus:
BIG LAIR

Read this from Olusola Saraki himself. www.Osundefender.com

"My mother was from Iseyin in Oyo State while my father was from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from.

"My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu, they were all refreshing and they were religious but my people came there as practicing Muslims from Mali with their “own Quran”.

"In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled.

"The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area. But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of the Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

"But if you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity to those of the far Northern Nigeria.

"That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language.

"I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had an invitation to join a Malian-Fulani organisation and that I should be its chairman."

Culled from: http://www.osundefender.com/how-buharis-coup-saved-me-saraki-says-his-grandfather-was-from-mali/

My comment: At the end of the day, what matters most is that the Sarakis are Nigerians.
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by FKMagazine(m): 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
CeoNewshelm:
During the meeting of President Buhari with principal officers of both chambers of the National Assembly at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, he was pictured shaking hands with the senate president, Bukola Saraki and looks like he was almost bending to greet him.

Any take on this

http://newshelm.ng/caption-this-handshake-of-president-buhari-and-bukola-saraki/

i smell hate
Re: Caption This Handshake Of President Buhari And Bukola Saraki by SamgoldBaba: 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
He remembered Rex Tilleson

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amotekun: Arrest Yoruba Leaders - Miyetti Allah Tells FG / MC Oluomo’s Children Graduate From US High Schools (Photos) / #ifeanyiubahn200perusd Is Now Trending, After He Promised To Restore Naira Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.