Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,773 members, 7,820,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look (58819 Views)

This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) / Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos / Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Kyase(m): 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
matrixme:
so sad. almost all those men strolling in the first picture must have been dead by now. Especially the one nearest to the car sad
hahahahaha aswear you no well.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by afroniger: 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

I initially thought you had quality arguments to objectively hold an amicable convo but, I was wrong. Keep basing in the ocean of your ignorance!

E pain am. There's absolutely nothing objective about anything you said but rather rumours, conjectures and unsubstantiated accusations. If you are going to accuse someone of stealing, at least be man enough to have something called PROOF. In saner climes you can get into trouble for defamation by accusing someone of 'stealing' either because you just don't like the person, or based on unsubstantiated rumour. But in the jungle called Nigeria, people just talk anyhow and defame other people. Even if the person you are accusing has indeed stolen, the onus is on you the accuser to prove it via incontrovertible evidence. You don't just go about calling people 'thief' like an agbero. Who made you their judge?

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2018
This doesn't have anything to do with how and average Lagosian/Nigerian's standard of living can be improved.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Gucciboss: 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
olaboy1:

I do not speak at the federal level. Corruption is endemic at that level. 1 trillion Naira is nothing for 24m people because our economy is dependent on things we can only get with DOLLARS.

If we don’t want to pay our taxes in LAGOS then it will take around 25yrs to reach any sensible level of development. I have businesses in Lagos and I pay all taxes adequately because I live in a society that thrives on tax payers.

First, Corruption is endemic in state government, even local government too. Infact state is worst because Nigerians tend to focus more on FG.

Secondly, people pay tax. In fact people pay double tax in Lagos. Don't let them deceive you. If the money is not reflected on the state purse, the government should be the one to tell themselves the truth.

Sometimes I find it funny when people say say 1 trillion to 24m people. Let's just break this down. Are they going to build free house to all the inhabitants of Lagos? Are they going to pay all the inhabitants of Lagos allowance? Are they providing power to the inhabitants of Lagos? Do they distribute free food to the people? Why do you think a trillion naira is little? All works can be measured? Let them tell us how many kilometers of roads that they have constructed with the last budget.
My brother with sincerity and accountability that 1 trillion can do wonders. Let them block all the loopholes instead of overtaxing the people.
Some states in Nigeria budget as low as 100 billion per year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by olaboy1: 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
Gucciboss:

First, Corruption is endemic in state government, even local government too. Infact state is worst because Nigerians tend to focus more on FG.

Secondly, people pay tax. Infact people pay double tax in Lagos. Don't let them deceive you. If the money is not reflected on the state purse, the government should be the one to tell themselves the truth.

Sometimes I find it funny when people say say 1 trillion to 24m people. Let's just break this down. Are they going to build free house to all the inhabitants of Lagos? Are they going to pay all the inhabitants of Lagos allowance? Are they providing power to the inhabitants of Lagos? Do they distribute free food to the people? Why do you think a trillion naira is little? All works can be measured? Let them tell us how many kilometers of roads that they have constructed with the last budget.
My brother with sincerity and accountability that 1 trillion can do wonders. Let them block all the loopholes instead of overtaxing the people.
Some state in Nigeria budgets as low as 100 billion per year

Alright I know your mind frame. One thing you should know is that cost of building any state hospital is lower than cost of maintenance and paying doctors and other staff, same thing goes for all the sectors. That 1 trillion is what we need for the running cost of paying staff, routine maintenance and other sundry.

Road maintenance is done here every year before winter.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Queenserah26(f): 5:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Sagay212: 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
Not much difference. If the British were still controlling things, the now picture would be mind blowing. But just look at the emptiness after so.many years. Yet some airheads will be shouting itesiwaju eko up and down and be giving award for best governor

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
afroniger:

I understand that name has been the source of some serious pain, bitterness, and nightmares in your life. embarassed. But maybe you will take consolation in the fact that the square was actually named after Madam Tinubu and not that other Tinubu that is the source of pain in your life, and the object of your obsession. cheesy
Is this supppsed to make sense?
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2018
imhotep:

That green white green flag did not exist in 1960
I wonder what concerns a Biafran citizen like you with Nigerian issues angry

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by sauze: 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
Call me for Ankara caps 08130578071

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Lexusgs430: 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
Change that name from Tinubu Square to something not personalised.......
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
GoroTango:
I wonder what concerns a Biafran citizen like you with Nigerian issues angry
you mean Nigger Area grin grin
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by konfused: 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of Biafra wish this kind of square will be in their region.

And this is one of the reason they hated afonja because everything is sited in Lagos.

They wish they can carry Lagos to their region.

The same Lagos idiotic pigs of Biafra claim is the most dirtiest city in Africa.

Na only Lagos be Yoruba land??. If the feat achieved is because of Yorubas only, then recreate it in other Yoruba states ka anyi fu na anya.

Nwa ndi ara

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by manneger2: 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2018
This picture only shows we shouldn't have taking power from the white, because nigeria is way better then.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by hatedisplace: 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of Biafra wish this kind of square will be in their region.

And this is one of the reason they hated afonja because everything is sited in Lagos.

The same Lagos idiotic pigs of Biafra claim is the most dirtiest city in Africa.
you heart will soon exploded. I hope u are checking ur bp every 30mins because the way u think is not helping your heart. Rip in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Iko5000: 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
[b]I'm really sorry for you and your sad life but I don't blame you but Seun that allow people like you to exist on this forum.[[/b]quote

author=buhariguy post=65887737]Idiotic pigs of Biafra wish this kind of square will be in their region.

The same Lagos idiotic pigs of Biafra claim is the most dirtiest city in Africa.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Slyp: 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2018
How come they said British underdeveloped our country. I can't see any significant changes between 1960 and 2018 here. I strongly believe if we were still been governed by british we would have been far much better off than we are now.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by olatunji390(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
matrixme:
so sad. almost all those men strolling in the first picture must have been dead by now. Especially the one nearest to the car sad

What if I tell u the one nearest to the car is still alive
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by smalls001: 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
PapaBrowne:
The picture just shows that Nigeria has hardly moved inches in the last 58 years
If this is your definition of progress then its a pity. What were you expecting, installation of the moon on the roundabout??

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by AreaFada2: 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
matrixme:

For where? That man might even be in Bubu's govt as we speak. grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
imhotep:

you mean Nigger Area grin grin
Actually I mean Biafra
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
GoroTango:
Actually I mean Biafra
ok

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by loganx: 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
The first picture didn't have keke and okada, the recent pictures has these features of a 3rd world country

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
Aldebaran:
Lagos will soon become a small London and Dubai grin
Lagos is a top slum.

And pls not Dubai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by denjjy(m): 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
the Tinubu square in 1990 compared to 2018 defines the actual meaning of underdevelopment while Dubai in 1990 as compared to 2018 defines overdevelopment. ever since the mediocres with fat pockets took over power from the heroes that fought for our independent, Nigeria has been looming in the pool of stagnancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
Gucciboss:

Nigerian politicians from A to Z are as good as nothing. There is no point supporting someone who is performing below expectation.

So you believe that the citizens that lack the most basic necessities of life should keep paying clueless political class that are bereft of ideas? Do you know how much these political class waste everyday? Cost of construction by Nigerian government is highly inflated due to kickbacks and all those corrupt practices.

A state that budgets close to 1 trillion naira for almost 4 consecutive year now still has bad roads everywhere not to talk of dirts littering every nook and crany of the state.

Do you know how much all these Agberos that litter every 100 metres of the road collect on daily basis in Lagos?
Instead of taxiing people to death why can't they streamline their revenue collection and improve on their accountability?

How much do you think they need to make a positive impact on the society? 50 trillion per year? Have you bothered to check the budget of emerging African countries like Rwanda, Tanzania etc? Yet they have been constantly improving their society.

As regards you claim of Lagos working now unlike 80s, you will be surprised to know that it is still the same group of persons since 80s that are still in power till today.
In Nigeria what politicians do is this, when they discover that the people are getting fade up, they will split themselves into two claiming to be fighting and the people will elect the same clueless politicians but this time in a new party. The cycle continues.

Since you believe that they are doing very well, I challenge you to relocate back to Nigeria.

Please let's call a spade a spade.

@afroniger.

Please, read above and hope you can comprehend since you seem to have an issue comprehending simple facts!
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
olaboy1:

I do not speak at the federal level. Corruption is endemic at that level. 1 trillion Naira is nothing for 24m people because our economy is dependent on things we can only get with DOLLARS.

If we don’t want to pay our taxes in LAGOS then it will take around 25yrs to reach any sensible level of development. I have businesses in Lagos and I pay all taxes adequately because I live in a society that thrives on tax payers.

Sir, It think Gucciboss is well on point. A trillion Naira would have done wonders to Lagos within that span of time these thieves (especially Tinubu) have used to enrich themselves. These guys are just the same bunch of recycled animals presented to us. Iyalaya won ma shan ku ni! angry

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by afroniger: 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

@afroniger.

Please, read above and hope you can comprehend since you seem to have an issue comprehending simple facts!

You are a naive dumbass, I am sorry to say. You and the guy you quoted are nothing more than typical ITK armchair critiques. Did you say facts? You wouldn't even recognize what a fact is even if it knocked you on the head. Na only una sabi all the fantastic ideas on how to fix Nigeria's problems. Shebi I challenged you earlier to go and contest since you are a saint and won't 'steal' our money (like Tinubu and his cohorts are allegedly doing), and can do a better job? I promise you that I will campaign and vote for you even, if you get the liver. Until then will you just do us all a favour and shut your dirty mouth and leave my mention please. Thanks.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
afroniger:

E pain am. There's absolutely nothing objective about anything you said but rather rumours, conjectures and unsubstantiated accusations. If you are going to accuse someone of stealing, at least be man enough to have something called PROOF. In saner climes you can get into trouble for defamation by accusing someone of 'stealing' either because you just don't like the person, or based on unsubstantiated rumour. But in the jungle called Nigeria, people just talk anyhow and defame other people. Even if the person you are accusing has indeed stolen, the onus is on you the accuser to prove it via incontrovertible evidence. You don't just go about calling people 'thief' like an agbero. Who made you their judge?

Dude, You need to get your facts straight! You sound pathetic and seem bereft of objective facts! Nobody gets sued by a Political office holder for inquiring or accusation of corruption... Go figure!

They're public servants NOT private citizens meant to serve the public's interests and, we as citizens have every conferred rights to challenge how the public funds are efficiently spent.

In this case, can they show us or give an audit on how the funds are exactly spent?

Again, you seem to not know much about what you're rambling about. Can Tinubu explain how he amassed so much wealth from 1999 - 2007? What was his net worth before and after he became a Governor?

You Nigerians must be sooo insane, I swear! You mentioned a saner clime... Dude, trust me, I know. Inb a Sane environment, citizens demand to know how they public funds are spent and an independent audit is set in place to trace any frivolous spending whatsoever.

If you're being fooled, I'm not! Don't come online and start spewing rubbish!
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by lexy2014: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2018
olaboy1:

You still don’t get it bruv. You can not compare the British infrastructural era to our 1960 independence era. All we had in 1960 were built by the colonial masters and that’s not my point of argument, I was talking about post colonial era starting from 1980.

Lagos was totally abandoned and I know this because I worked many years on the island before moving abroad.

I don’t live in Nigeria and I don’t know anyone in Alausa and so my posts are not conflict of interests. All I’m saying is last time I visited Nigeria there were about 4 major long roads in my local government with interlocking blocks and 2 more are been constructed as I write.

[b]We need to support the government [/b]and not try to bring them down at every attempt or small mistake they make.

How much property tax do you think 100 duplexes on a street can pay to get good infrastructure.

We can do the maths together if you want and I will supply you an estimate on the cost of constructing 1km road.

is it d govt that needs d support of d people or d people that need d support of d govt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Airport Empty Amidst High Cost Of Flight Tickets (Photos, Video) / Guys Can You Do This To Be In The White Mans Land?? Pics / Ethiopian Airlines Crash: Pius Adesanmi's Last Facebook Post & Scary Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.