Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look (58806 Views)

This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) / Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos / Tinubu Square Bus-Stop Lagos In Mid 1930s (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
farouk0403:
Just small changes, the British had already finished the job

Tell dt to those dt keep shouting 'oyel money built lagos'. The only major infrastructure oyel brought to Lagos was 3rd mainland bridge.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
afroniger:

You are a naive dumbass, I am sorry to say. You and the guy you quoted are nothing more than typical ITK armchair critiques. Did you say facts? You wouldn't even recognize what a fact is even if it knocked you on the head. Na only una sabi all the fantastic ideas on how to fix Nigeria's problems. Shebi I challenged you earlier to go and contest since you are a saint and won't 'steal' our money (like Tinubu and his cohorts are allegedly doing), and can do a better job? I promise you that I will campaign and vote for you even, if you get the liver. Until then will you just do us all a favour and shut your dirty mouth and leave my mention please. Thanks.

Guy, You're the sick one, trust me! You're just another gullible individual 9ja that will live in mediocrity all your life. You're here adulating the activities of criminals, Vagabonds-In-Powers, Vampires-In-Power while millions of 9ja lives are lost at their expense.

You're indeed a FOOL! It's FOOLs like you that've made this nation wallow in poverty. You give support to criminals like these thugs at the expense of common-sense!

How on earth can you justify a criminal that's privatize and personalize majority of the Lagos gov't properties and yet seeking for proof? So typical of them for we live in an 'insane clime'.

FOOLISH thinking!
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Obodo999(m): 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2018
matrixme:
so sad. almost all those men strolling in the first picture must have been dead by now. Especially the one nearest to the car sad

Not necessarily if they were under 30's . It is only 58yrs ago
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by kabrudrapist: 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Sir, It think Gucciboss is well on point. A trillion Naira would have done wonders to Lagos within that span of time these thieves (especially Tinubu) have used to enrich themselves. These guys are just the same bunch of recycled animals presented to us. Iyalaya won ma shan ku ni! angry
[q
Gucciboss:

First, Corruption is endemic in state government, even local government too. Infact state is worst because Nigerians tend to focus more on FG.

Secondly, people pay tax. Infact people pay double tax in Lagos. Don't let them deceive you. If the money is not reflected on the state purse, the government should be the one to tell themselves the truth.

Sometimes I find it funny when people say say 1 trillion to 24m people. Let's just break this down. Are they going to build free house to all the inhabitants of Lagos? Are they going to pay all the inhabitants of Lagos allowance? Are they providing power to the inhabitants of Lagos? Do they distribute free food to the people? Why do you think a trillion naira is little? All works can be measured? Let them tell us how many kilometers of roads that they have constructed with the last budget.
My brother with sincerity and accountability that 1 trillion can do wonders. Let them block all the loopholes instead of overtaxing the people.
Some state in Nigeria budgets as low as 100 billion per year
uote author=Yoruba4Life post=65895409]![/quote]
I'm highly impressed that some people still reason with their brains and not anus. There is hope.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by lexy2014: 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
olaboy1:

I do not speak at the federal level. Corruption is endemic at that level. 1 trillion Naira is nothing for 24m people because our economy is dependent on things we can only get with DOLLARS.

If we don’t want to pay our taxes in LAGOS then it will take around 25yrs to reach any sensible level of development. I have businesses in Lagos and I pay all taxes adequately because I live in a society that thrives on tax payers.
u live in a society where there's accountability. Its not d same in Lagos and by extension Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
We should thank fashola for dt after picture. He interlocked the whole of dt area. Planted the garden, added seats and put in fountains, colored guard rail gates and new statues.

Dt memorial was a smelling muddy pigsty wt unmotorable streets full of potholes around it. And market stalls all over d place.

Fashola did a lot.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Bizibi(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
afroniger:

I shake my head at people like you. So your proof that they stole is the way Tinubu supposedly 'looks' different now compared to the way he did in the 90s Somebody that even looks sickly now sef. Fashola's hair too don white, not even gray now, i bet you will link that to the money he stole as well. And by the time Ambode leaves he may have added another 10 lbs, maybe that will be your reason for accusing him of 'stealing' too. See reasoning. Please how old are you? Do you look the same way you did 10 years ago? If no is your answer, is it because you stole money from your boss or from somewhere that you look different? Come on, you can come up with a better explanation than that. These people were not poor before going into government so what evidence do you have that they would not look or live the same or even better outside govt?

It is your kind that will accuse somebody like Amosun of 'stealing' some years after he leaves office and is doing fine maybe because his gogoro hat has grown longer than when he was in office.
hehehehehe, lagosians never cease to amaze me..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by farouk0403(m): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
janellemonae:

Tell dt to those dt keep shouting 'oyel money built lagos'. The only major infrastructure oyel brought to Lagos was 3rd mainland bridge.

Leave them na chest beater's
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by kabrudrapist: 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
Bizibi:
The guy you quoted happens to be on the payroll of those politicians. He is working for his pay.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by afroniger: 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
kabrudrapist:
[quote author=Yoruba4Life post=65895409]!
I'm highly impressed that some people still reason with their brains and not anus. There is hope.

Mr. Self-acclaimed 'rapist' can you kindly not mention me and please turn yourself in to the police? I don't deal with self-professed criminals. Thanks.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
lexy2014:
u live in a society where there's accountability. Its not d same in Lagos and by extension Nigeria

@afroniger... refer to this comment and learn from it, FOOL!

You're soo lost in the jungle of corrupt mentality! You seem to be so mediocre in your train of thoughts. You've accepted that the standard of living in Lagos and Nigeria is good based on your comments so far...

Indeed, you're naïve and ignorant at best!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Obodo999(m): 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
The Sky was more clearer and clean. Compare that with the polluted and dusty Nigeria now.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Bizibi(m): 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
Lagosians should be thankful of the hood works fashola did Infact it would have been better if fashola was the gov from 1999-2006.

Tinubu!! No need explaining that kleptomaniac during his time,Lagos was a dump site in that man's era.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=afroniger post=65896404][/quote] @afroniger

Guy, don't derail.. focus on the thread, abeg!
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by kabrudrapist: 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nothing has changed.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 7:08pm On Mar 16, 2018
Bizibi:

Just imagine... How can any sane human be living in abject poverty and yet, be giving support to these miscreants?

@ afroniger. You're indeed a FOOL, a big one for that matter!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Bizibi(m): 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
kabrudrapist:

The guy you quoted happens to be on the payroll of those politicians. He is working for his pay.
it is funny and amazing at the same time,they are milking them in that state and lagosians are really in a big prison.

Just look at mainland alone and you will keep asking yourself WHR did all those money disappeared to......

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by afroniger: 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

@afroniger... refer to this comment and learn from it, FOOL!

You're soo lost in the jungle of corrupt mentality! You seem to be so mediocre in your train of thoughts. You've accepted that the standard of living in Lagos and Nigeria is good based on your comments so far...

Indeed, you're naïve and ignorant at best!

I have asked you not to mention me any longer. I am not the source of your frustration in life, ok? So carry your life-drama elsewhere abeg. My only crime was in asking you for proof of your corruption allegations against the past and present governors of Lagos, to which you started forming dumbass. Ok, if it makes you sleep better at night, I am willing to agree with you that Tinubu is corrupt. He is even more corrupt than the devil. Can I be left alone now??
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Bizibi(m): 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Just imagine... How can any sane human be living in abject poverty and yet, be giving support to these miscreants?

@ afroniger. You're indeed a FOOL, a big one for that matter!
Lagos is supposed to be more beautiful than Dubai in 2018,more organized,Infact Lagos should Nigeria's number one pride.......the only place people talk about in Lagos is the island area,the discrimination of people residing in mainland by those in the island will give every visitor the impression that mainland is a slum.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Stbobbylee: 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2018
I see no difference, still the same structure and shape. The little difference there is the color, maybe they changed to cotec paint.... Same shithole..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
afroniger:

I have asked you not to mention me any longer. I am not the source of your frustration in life, ok? So carry your life-drama elsewhere abeg. My only crime was in asking you for proof of your corruption allegations against the past and present governors of Lagos, to which you started forming dumbass. Ok, if it makes you sleep better at night, I am willing to agree with you that Tinubu is corrupt. He is even more corrupt than the devil. Can I be left alone now??

You must either be affiliated to a corrupt politician or perhaps, one. It doesn't even take a smart fellow to realize how corrupt Tinubu is yet, you're here supporting stupidity! It's folks like you that enjoy seeing poor people look up to you for bread. Enjoying, embezzling the public funds at the masses expense!

Me and one of Obanikoro's sons went to college here and to God who made me, he isn't the smartest dude... yet, he owns a house on Banana Island, lives in opulence and stuff. Where the hell did het the money from?

Thunder fire you! Oloriburuku... Olofo of a somebody

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 7:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Bizibi:
Lagos is supposed to be more beautiful than Dubai in 2018,more organized,Infact Lagos should Nigeria's number one pride.......the only place people talk about in Lagos is the island area,the discrimination of people residing in mainland by those in the island will give every visitor the impression that mainland is a slum.

God bless you, jare!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by olaboy1: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
lexy2014:

We cannot because of that fold our arms, we will get there someday.
We continue to pay and push for accountability.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by afroniger: 7:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

You must either be affiliated to a corrupt politician or perhaps, one. It doesn't even take a FOOL not to realize how corrupt Tinubu is yet, you're here supporting stupidity! It's folks like you that enjoy seeing poor people look up to you for bread. Enjoying, embezzling the public funds at the masses expense!

Me and one of Obanikoro's sons went to college here and to God who made me, he isn't the smartest dude... yet, he owns a house on Banana Island, lives in opulence and stuff. Where the hell did het the money from?

Thunder fire you! Oloriburuku... Olofo of a somebody

Eiya. Now I understand why you are so frustrated with life cry You can't measure up to koro's son so you are bitter. You can't afford to live in Banana Island so you are angry. Kpele tie. But calling me all those expletives won't upgrade your station in life. I could also easily respond in kind by saying ko ni ragba fun iwo ati awon to nie, but I won't because I refuse to stoop that low since I am not a tout nor agbero like you. My advice to you is to stop comparing yourself to Koro's son as that will only worsen your inferiority complex issues. Alaye double your hustle. No time for ngati ngati. undecided
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by potent5(m): 7:34pm On Mar 16, 2018
In those days When the sky used to be blue.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Yoruba4Life: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
afroniger:

Eiya. Now I understand why you are so frustrated with life cry You can't measure up to koro's son so you are bitter. You can't afford to live in Banana Island so you are angry. Kpele tie. But calling me all those expletives won't upgrade your station in life. I could also easily respond in kind by saying ko ni ragba fun iwo ati awon to nie, but I won't because I refuse to stoop that low since I am not a tout nor agbero like you. My advice to you is to stop comparing yourself to Koro's son as that will only worsen your inferiority complex issues. Alaye double your hustle. No time for ngati ngati. undecided

I don hear ya.. I no dey compare myself to any corrupt fool that embezzle at innocent 9ja pple's expense (Awon apani jaiye). I work hard for my every dime/kobo and remain grateful. I measure up to hard-work!

Again, how did he (Koro's son) get enough money to acquire a property in Banana Island? Hard-work, abi? Abeg, go follow mad fellows like you yan dat kind rubbish! We sabi ur type na...

Awon apani jaiye lasan lasan
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by olaboy1: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
Bizibi:
Lagosians should be thankful of the hood works fashola did Infact it would have been better if fashola was the gov from 1999-2006.

Tinubu!! No need explaining that kleptomaniac during his time,Lagos was a dump site in that man's era.

Tinubu first tenure was massive looting with Ghana must go. Military regimes cost so much havoc to our economy and our psyche.

I am very optimistic about the prosperity of Lagos if we continue with the crop of leaders like Fashola and Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by 3Ceagle(m): 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2018
doctokwus:
I understand while some people cheekily say we need to be recolonised by the whites.
As far back as 1960,see how beautiful that place still was,with no sack of refuse nearby.
But in the first picture of 2018,despite the minimal improvement,which is even mainly due to higher camera quality,there are clearly seen 3bags of refuse by the same square!

Welcome to Nigeria of one step forward and two steps backward.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Btruth: 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
The 1960 Lagos is better than the 2018 Lagos. And with the way Visionscape is going, Lagos will become so dirty that other states will turn Lagos to a dumping state.

Lubbish!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by HomeOfMe(f): 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2018
autojosh:
Tinubu Square is an open space landmark located in Broad Street, Lagos Island, Lagos State, Nigeria

Originally, it was named “Ita Tinubu” in memory of Madam Efunroye Tinubu, a prominent slave trader and businesswoman.

Later, during the First Republic, it was renamed Independence Square, and then later Tinubu Square.

We present the before (1960) and after (2018) pictures of this esteemed landmark.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/tinubu-square-lagos-compare-the-1960-vs-2018-look/

The first picture looks Photoshoped. It looks like 90s photo,but the cars there àre like cars of the 60s and 70s.
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by Omobolaji19(m): 9:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
[color=#770077][/color] nice... Still passed there on Tuesday
Re: Tinubu Square, Lagos: See The 1960 Vs. 2018 Look by lexy2014: 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2018
olaboy1:

We cannot because of that fold our arms, we will get there someday.
We continue to pay and push for accountability.

Am not saying Nigerians should stop paying tax cos of corruption. I was only responding 2 ur assertion that what is in govt coffers isn't enough 4 govt 2 provide social services. D problem has never been whether Nigerians pay tax or not. its about what has been done with d tax. Nigerians are some of d most taxed population in d world yet we are grossly shortchanged by those in govt. Where u live its easy 2 associate tax with development but not in this part of d world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Lagos Airport Empty Amidst High Cost Of Flight Tickets (Photos, Video) / Guys Can You Do This To Be In The White Mans Land?? Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.