Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. (26489 Views)

Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy / Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy / Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by mannycrown: 7:31am On Mar 18, 2018
Goodnuel:
They should just stick to making Home equipments...

angry angry angry

Don't mind them, last week I was convinced by a grocery store to buy their TOOTHPASTE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by sanerugwei: 7:31am On Mar 18, 2018
goodoo:
the LG q6 is about 77000 at slot.

Are you sure about that 77k price tag?

Cos jumia is saying over 200k and some 113k for same phone.. shocked shocked grin
Make dem dey fear God dey post price naa, 2moro they will be disturbing us with mobile week oshii..

2 Likes

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by tope3x(m): 7:34am On Mar 18, 2018
I use the G5...I can tell you this phone beats samsung phones hands down.....very good phone and so strong....
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by ztarlord(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2018
make cool dollars daily with ease no conditions apply just sign up and start earning check my signature
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Kobicove(m): 7:39am On Mar 18, 2018
greenhulk:

It's all about the brand. Rhe Samsung brand alone is adding extra 30k (sometimes more ) to the value of the phone. I owned an s7 edge for 1 year. Great phone no doubt with beautiful display. But after upgrading the nougat the phone started lagging. It doesn't lag when it works but when idke and have accumulated notifications, once unlocked it would take like 2 mins before it becomes stable because of the incoming notifications. And some random lagging here and there, plus that edge screen is useless to me. It's just fashion, and I accidentally touch the edge a lot of times to wake the phone. Plus that edge made it difficult to get a glass screen protector that will stay and still allow me use a case. So it was either I use a case without screen protector or screen protector without a case. That display is around 70k when it breaks.

Anyway I shaater sold the phone and bought a very neat pre owned LG v20 for 80k. To me that's the sweetest deal u can get for a flagship. 5.7 inch qhd display (though not as bright as Samsung's AMOLED) but very beautiful. Nice metal body, removable battery, 64gb intern storage, second display which is more functional than Samsung edge display. The phone flies, no lag whatsoever and I'm enjoying it with or without a case and my glass screen protector sticks. A used sure edge is still sold for around 120k while an LG v20 that is a better phone sells for between 75-80k. That's the power of brand name.

It beats my imagination why anyone would buy a used phone for 80k when you can get a brand new phone for less than that amount undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:00am On Mar 18, 2018
LG G2 was the best fone I used 5years ago. I gave it to my baby sister who still uses the fone till today, I bought a g3 and g4 respectively afterwards and it was a disaster of a fone. It got so bad that I had to learn now to reload OS for the g4 since the bootloop became too frequent (like twice weekly) and I was spending more reloading it all the time. So I had to dump the LG variant forever!

Like someone said, let them stick to making home appliances cos it will take alot of convincing for them to win back their mobile customer. Go to Xda developers and see bashing on LG fones.

1 Like

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by LordAdam16: 8:02am On Mar 18, 2018
greenhulk:

It's all about the brand. Rhe Samsung brand alone is adding extra 30k (sometimes more ) to the value of the phone. I owned an s7 edge for 1 year. Great phone no doubt with beautiful display. But after upgrading the nougat the phone started lagging. It doesn't lag when it works but when idke and have accumulated notifications, once unlocked it would take like 2 mins before it becomes stable because of the incoming notifications. And some random lagging here and there, plus that edge screen is useless to me. It's just fashion, and I accidentally touch the edge a lot of times to wake the phone. Plus that edge made it difficult to get a glass screen protector that will stay and still allow me use a case. So it was either I use a case without screen protector or screen protector without a case. That display is around 70k when it breaks.

Anyway I shaater sold the phone and bought a very neat pre owned LG v20 for 80k. To me that's the sweetest deal u can get for a flagship. 5.7 inch qhd display (though not as bright as Samsung's AMOLED) but very beautiful. Nice metal body, removable battery, 64gb intern storage, second display which is more functional than Samsung edge display. The phone flies, no lag whatsoever and I'm enjoying it with or without a case and my glass screen protector sticks. A used sure edge is still sold for around 120k while an LG v20 that is a better phone sells for between 75-80k. That's the power of brand name.

It cuts both ways.

Samsung phones have better cameras, better features, and better battery life than LG phones, especially on the high end.

LG phones are a great bargain, but their value drops like a rock. Unless you don't mind selling your phone for peanuts when it's time to replace it.

People don't buy LG phones for various reasons, but the last high-end LG phone worth buying was the LG V10. Everything since the G4 is a toss up.

At the mid and low end, especially the low end, Xiaomi, Honor, and other quality Chinese brands offer a better deal than any traditional heavyweight.

Seriously miss the times when you could actually choose an LG, Sony, or hTC phone over a Samsung--the LG G2, Sony Xperia Z, and HTC One M8 were the last of their kind, all three aforementioned brands just went on a decline from 2013/2014. While Samsung went from the so-so of the S5 to all new heights with the S6-S9.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Jabioro: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2018
luwabrooklyn:
washere my g3 crashed spent over 25k repairing it until someone said I should forget it the phone can't come up again tho I gave to a gal that I have been chasing for months and yes I bleeped her that day to be candid that was d best I ever had
Good nothing goes for nothing,she came for packages.
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by LordAdam16: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2018
EMEKA1MILLION:
LG G2 was the best fone I used 5years ago. I gave it to my baby sister who still uses the fone till today, I bought a g3 and g4 respectively afterwards and it was a disaster of a fone. It got so bad that I had to learn now to reload OS for the g4 since the bootloop became too frequent (like twice weekly) and I was spending more reloading it all the time. So I had to dump the LG variant forever!

Like someone said, let them stick to making home appliances cos it will take alot of convincing for them to win back their mobile customer. Go to Xda developers and see bashing on LG fones.

A lot of people hopped on the LG gravy train after the G2, myself included. But boy did they disappoint in an epic way.

Which is a shame because they do know how to build phones. How they weren't able to resolve the bootloop issue over 3-4 years boggles my mind. Then the fact that they had different features for different regions. They just removed the dunce that used to head their mobile department, I hope it spells positive changes for them.

The ex mobile head of LG, current head of HTC, and everyone at Sony Mobile should be arrested and locked away to never see the light of day. They're the reason why Sammy and the fruit company have relaxed, put the brakes on innovating, and are sending the price tags to the moon.

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by hyuga(m): 8:14am On Mar 18, 2018
Even though I have tasted the agony of LG boot loop I still wanna swap my iPhone SE with a G5. Had an s6 edge plus but loved my v10 more before the boot loop took it away. Ever loyal to their prowess
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:19am On Mar 18, 2018
I bought the LG G2 and it packed up after a year but my note 4 is still going strong after 4 years
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by HoodBillionaire: 8:20am On Mar 18, 2018
i uswd lg g3 for a year
later sold it for 28k
lg na rugged phone
dell rugged laptop

1 Like

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2018
LordAdam16:

A lot of people hopped on the LG gravy train after the G2, myself included. But boy did they disappoint in an epic way.

Which is a shame because they do know how to build phones. How they weren't able to resolve the bootloop issue over 3-4 years boggles my mind. Then the fact that they had different features for different regions. They just removed the dunce that used to head their mobile department, I hope it spells positive changes for them.

The ex mobile head of LG, current head of HTC, and everyone at Sony Mobile should be arrested and locked away to never see the light of day. They're the reason why Sammy and the fruit company have relaxed, put the brakes on innovating, and are sending the price tags to the moon.

-Lord
The ex head of LG currently heading HTC? I never heard of that.
It spells doomsday for HTC too. Funny enough same fate of LG is what HTC is currently suffering after the launch of HTC one.
The battery drain on htc remains a big bug problem till tomorrow.
For LG, they have lost their market share to Samsung and and iPhone and i strongly doubt if they'll be able to get them back.
Lackadaisical approach to solving the bootloop issue was a big mess on their part, 90% of customers who return their fones to LG to be fixed ended up getting a new fone as replacement which repeated same problem over and over again.
They have beautiful designs and wonderful UI but what can I say!

It's still a disaster!

2 Likes

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Gassong(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2018
I am interested in buying a phone and I feelcsamsung and iphones are overrated based on orice. I am about discarding my samsung note4 which i have used for over 2years and need a replacement.I beloev gettin an s7 may be waste of money coz samsubg may still gove me ba3 issues and overheating. Which good android phone can I go 4with a swift os which will not hang despite having many apps and videos etc?.
greenhulk:

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Gassong(m): 8:35am On Mar 18, 2018
I am interested in buying a phone and I feel samsung and iphones are overrated based on their price. I am about discarding my samsung note4 which i have used for over 2years and need a replacement as it overheats and runs down any faiely used ba3/new ba3 i buy. I believe gettin samsung s7 may be waste of money coz samsung may still give me ba3 issues and overheating. Which good android phone can I go 4with a swift os which will not hang despite having many apps and videos etc and good ba3 strength/life and resale value?
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by funken: 8:35am On Mar 18, 2018
I have used the LG G2, G4 and G5 and I have not regretted it. Infact sending this message with the G5 and it's been beautiful..no issues.

The main attraction to me is the cheap fixes..Wanted to change the screen of a Samsung last yr and found out that the price is almost as much as the new phone. Meanwhile for the LG it's like a quarter of the price of the phone if not less.

LG phones are good phones all round...

3 Likes

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by yeman1(m): 8:38am On Mar 18, 2018
Wow!
with all what I was reading on this post shows that LG phone is not a good variant for me.
my plan was that I wanted to buy HTC one A9 but my friend said I should go for Samsung S6. but I wish to buy UK used though. so I was thinking maybe I should go for LG product but we what I'm reading here I'm confused.
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by LordAdam16: 8:43am On Mar 18, 2018
EMEKA1MILLION:
The ex head of LG currently heading HTC? I never heard of that.
It spells doomsday for HTC too. Funny enough same fate of LG is what HTC is currently suffering after the launch of HTC one.
The battery drain on htc remains a big bug problem till tomorrow.
For LG, they have lost their market share to Samsung and and iPhone and i strongly doubt if they'll be able to get them back.
Lackadaisical approach to solving the bootloop issue was a big mess on their part, 90% of customers who return their fones to LG to be fixed ended up getting a new fone as replacement which repeated same problem over and over again.
They have beautiful designs and wonderful UI but what can I say!

It's still a disaster!

Sorry, you misread my post. I listed the people who had to be locked up... Used a comma...

They may get it if they're serious. But it wouldn't be sudden. They'd need to have at least 2 consecutive flagships that give Sammy/Apple a run for their money, then people would be like, "ok, what do we have here. Maybe I should give 'em a chance since Sammy/Apple are now complacent and think they can charge whatever they like."

Just look at Nokia getting back in the game. They haven't gotten everything right yet, but they look serious and people are noticing them. And that's how Huawei got on everyone's radar, consistency.

What has happened to LG, hTC, and Sony was almost happening to Sammy. The S3 is the only galaxy to outsell an iPhone released in the same year. Then Sammy went in the wrong direction with S4 (too many gimmicks), the S5 wasn't here or there. And it began to feel like they'd lost their mojo. Then at the nick of time, the S6 and S6 Edge came on the scene. That was the breather. They've been on a home run since then.

Rumors are that the G7 would have a notch and use LCD, and I'm like don't these guys ever learn. Here's to hoping the news that that is the OG G7 that's been canceled by the new mobile head is actually true. How do you go from the spearheading the 19:8 Full View to a notch in one year, and regress from having a P-OLED (even if it's not as good as SAMOLED) in the V30 to using LCD in the G7.

-Lord

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Horlufemi(m): 8:56am On Mar 18, 2018
greenhulk:

You could just reset the phone.
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by maasoap(m): 8:59am On Mar 18, 2018
LordAdam16:

It cuts both ways.

Samsung phones have better cameras, better features, and better battery life than LG phones, especially on the high end.

LG phones are a great bargain, but their value drops like a rock. Unless you don't mind selling your phone for peanuts when it's time to replace it.

People don't buy LG phones for various reasons, but the last high-end LG phone worth buying was the LG V10. Everything since the G4 is a toss up.

At the mid and low end, especially the low end, Xiaomi, Honor, and other quality Chinese brands offer a better deal than any traditional heavyweight.

Seriously miss the times when you could actually choose an LG, Sony, or hTC phone over a Samsung--the LG G2, Sony Xperia Z, and HTC One M8 were the last of their kind, all three aforementioned brands just went on a decline from 2013/2014. While Samsung went from the so-so of the S5 to all new heights with the S6-S9.

-Lord
Too much sense.
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by consultancy: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2018
from my little experience, i think it's cos of their incessant bootloop issues with more than average of their flagships. bootloops plagued the LG G2, the G3, G4, G5, and even the infamous Lg V10. people became wary of them, and naturally tilted towards more reliable brands like samsung and apple products

Note that the LG V10 beats the samsung galaxy note 4 hands down in every ramification except battery life. but I'll take a galaxy note 4 over any LG product, at least to have my sanity intact
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Dreahlami: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2018
Is like you have never use a samsung mobile before that's why you are saying this.samsung is still the best brand,take it or you leave it.

tope3x:
I use the G5...I can tell you this phone beats samsung phones hands down.....very good phone and so strong....
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2018
Kobicove:

It beats my imagination why anyone would by a used phone for 80k when you can get a brand new phone for less than that amount undecided

It beats my imagination why someone thinks he can buy a brand new phone with the features I need for below that amount. Oya show me which one. LG v20 was an $800 phone by November 2016.

If I buy this phone pre owned for 80k, and u get it brand new for say 180k. After 1 month both phones are regarded as pre owned, the only thing u get is the box and charger (I already have a Samsung fast charger anyway do don't need the charger). If we both drop this phone and break the screen we are going to spend the same amount fixing it and when we decide to sell we are going to sell for around the same amount. So ki ni big deal?

7 Likes

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 18, 2018
Horlufemi:

You could just reset the phone.

Maybe I should have. I miss the great camera and that amazing display though. The v20 display is also amazing and the software is so blizzard I have never experienced any lag or hiccups even with same snaodragon oh did I forget to mention it has a HiFi quad DAC? Plug a quality headphone into this thing and the sound u hear beats anything u can hear from any phone guaranteed. Thanks to the quad dac, u can Google it. In fact phone reviewers call this phone the most underrated phone of last year.

1 Like

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Dreahlami: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2018
My brother just jejely go for samsung mobile if you don't want to regret later...samsung is the best.

yeman1:
Wow!
with all what I was reading on this post shows that LG phone is not a good variant for me.
my plan was that I wanted to buy HTC one A9 but my friend said I should go for Samsung S6. but I wish to buy UK used though. so I was thinking maybe I should go for LG product but we what I'm reading here I'm confused.

1 Like

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 18, 2018
Gassong:
I am interested in buying a phone and I feelcsamsung and iphones are overrated based on orice. I am about discarding my samsung note4 which i have used for over 2years and need a replacement.I beloev gettin an s7 may be waste of money coz samsubg may still gove me ba3 issues and overheating. Which good android phone can I go 4with a swift os which will not hang despite having many apps and videos etc?.

S7 is still a great phone if u can get a new one. Or u can get the LG v20... That's a beast of a phone at very good price.

1 Like

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by ONYEBUCHI93: 9:11am On Mar 18, 2018
Pls how is Geionee phones compared to infinix phones.
How is Geionee A1 lite especially the battery.

Which Geionee phone should I go for between A1lite, M5plus or any other Geionee phone within the same price range as the A1lite

Pls help me out, it's urgent.
Don't want to make mistakes again
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 18, 2018
consultancy:

Note that the LG V10 beats the samsung galaxy note 4 hands down in every ramification except battery life. but I'll take a galaxy note 4 over any LG product, at least to have my sanity intact

I don't think so. Though the note 4 is older than the v10, it's more functional, but I'll choose the v10 myself because older Samsung phones just tend to lag too much
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by saaron(m): 9:15am On Mar 18, 2018
luwabrooklyn:
washere my g3 crashed spent over 25k repairing it until someone said I should forget it the phone can't come up again tho I gave to a gal that I have been chasing for months and yes I bleeped her that day to be candid that was d best I ever had

1 Like

Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by consultancy: 9:16am On Mar 18, 2018
greenhulk:

I don't think so. Though the note 4 is older than the v10, it's more functional, but I'll choose the v10 myself because older Samsung phones just tend to lag too much
iv used both phones bro. i speak from experience
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by adanny01(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2018
Reason i will not use LG again is the LG Nexus 4 i bought and never used.

I bought the then sleek phone and a week later it fell in my sisters hands. A very tiny crack but the calibrator became unreponsive.

A replacement screen was 30k then and i said God forbid. I went to Tecno, several bad falls and not a scratch.

2 yrs down the line i got tired of the Tecno so i got a screen for the LG which was now 9k. It took 2 weeks to get a working one as the ones installed were malfunctioning. 2 weeks after the fix, my son dropped the phone again. For a year i have been looking for the calibrator or complete screen that will work to no avail. Lastly, i left the phone with the repair guy but for months i cant seem to find him again. Went to him 3 times he was not available so i gave up on the phone. This phone was used since brand new for like 3 weeks in total but i owned it for almost 4yrs.

The pros was that it gets all android upgrades. For 2 years its was down, when i fixed it, it upgraded to the latest android.

The cons was heat when browsing or playing game.
Re: Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. by Pesuzok(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2018
goodoo:
brand new at slot.
Too good to be true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whatsapp Confirm Status Ads Launch For 2020 (Photos) / Opera Mini Manual Settings For All Networks: / MTN Finally Acquires Visafone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.