Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,129 members, 7,829,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 (110792 Views)

Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 / Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (2 - 3) On 7th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by saintkeppy(m): 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
Jayclassic10:

Madrid did that 2years ago against Wolfsburg...
Lost 0:2 in Germany n won 3:0 in Spain �

U dey mind am,? Some people sef undecided
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
anigbajumo:
Referee awarded this as penalty, it will not be well with anybody that say it is a penalty or is tackling from behind.... He tip the ball from behind to Buffon is now a penalty... We just need to be sincere for once.
That is why they need VAR in football matches. As Allegri said, the absence of VAR made them lost. Next season if Aleksandar Ceferin do not bring VAR into play in champions league poo like this will keep occurring.

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Charles4075(m): 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
babakb:
Kevindein even maradona scored England with hand, just say you don't appreciate and acknowledge Cr7 period, I don't care about who is better, Messi and Cr7 are already among the GOATs
That's where he earned the nickname 'Hand of God'. Luis fabiano of Brazil that used his hands too to bring down a ball after dribbling 2 players. What about that?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Abusule007: 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2018
Emekus92:
Are they playing kick boxing?
Allow them to continue arguing with their armpits
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Emmybreezy(m): 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2018
sanux:
I knw for sure that one day this ojoro wont work gor madrid.. the penalty shouldn't be taken at such time of the match when it is heating and secondly the keeper has the right to complain and plead and nt a straight red card the worse should be yellow
can you please tell me when did FIFA says penalty can't be awarded at die minute... ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2018
maverickdude:
From onset,your comments were tilted towards madrid,so i understand u saying it's a clear penalty. For me,it was soft and shouldn't have been awarded
What do you mean by soft? If the contact had happened anywhere on the pitch, that would be a free kick. Such contact in the penalty box is a penalty, that is so clear. You know I never made conclusions till I saw the highlights. My comments were not tilted towards Madrid previously. I thought it was Buffon that committed the foul and was red carded and that was why I said it must be a true penalty and then I was made to understand that Buffon's red card was not directly for the penalty incident but for arguing and shoving the referee and then I went to watch the highlight. Having watched the highlight, I see it was a penalty. What is your take on the quality of that penalty taken by Ronaldo? wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by chukzyfcbb: 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2018
Micheal oliver , what a nice debut!

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by cameeeeel(m): 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
KevinDein:

He will never be mentioned in the same breath as the football greats because he is penaldo. Few years from now we will all remember him as the one who usually converts Real Madrids dubious penalties.
you have to explain more on what makes a player great....Take it or not, d gut already cement his name among the great... He will be remembered for years to come.

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by heskeyw(m): 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
Two weeks ago, the same referee in Real vs Juve didn't count this as a goal during Poland-Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
We a taking this cup for the third time in a row.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Nltaliban(m): 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
nNEOo:
what wrong with ronaldo...some1 should remind him a goal from him tonyt wil make me a millionaire

Make I send my account number?

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
maverickdude:
The penalty was a 50:50 i must say,Benatia had contact with the ball. I think the ref shouldn't have made that decision but making it doesn't make it wrong..it was a foul
Yeah, you are right. He had contacts with the ball but it was after he had rammed into Vaquez stylishly with his right leg while also pushing him off with his laps wink wink wink
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by cosmos1440: 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
stanluiz:
English ref are the most useless set of referee.

That why non of them make up the world cup list in Russia.

Yeah are wrong. Nigerian refrees are worse

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Abusule007: 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Charles4075:
Bro, he shoved the refree.

August 13, 2017, Ronaldo did same thing in el classico and he was given his marching orders. Everybody agreed that it was a red card offence and even started listing fifa rules and regulations just because Ronaldo was involved.

Benatia was stupid, if it were to be chiellini that was with Vasquez, he would have tactically disoriented Vasquez to lose that ball.

And did anyone take notice that matuidi goal was a foul on keylor navas. The ball was on navas hands but the speed at which matuidi came, knocked the ball off his hand.

As much as i agree that madrid deserved that penalty, juventus 3rd goal was no foul from matuidi but rather school boy goal keeping error from navas who caught the ball and dropped it again. If he knows he couldn't hold firmly to the ball, he should have pointed it out. .
Navas was solely responsible for the 3rd goal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by oooduancalmdown: 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Wow! Wow! Wow! Even though I expected real to go through, I did not expect Juventus to play this good after losing 3-0 at home. I can't imagine how lovely the would have been if they had been allowed to play 30 minutes extra time.
This match just showed me that real madrid can be beaten in their home by any team. I would love to see madrid - Liverpool in the semi final.
Salah vs Ronaldo

6 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Jayclassic10(m): 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
saintkeppy:

U dey mind am,? Some people sef undecided
The guy tire me. People just dey hate on real Madrid and ronaldo for nothing.
I mean last year, barca vs PSG own no pass this one?
I just weak

6 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
heskeyw:
Two weeks ago, the same referee in Real vs Juve didn't count this as a goal during Poland-Nigeria...
That goal was counted bro.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by mikedimeji(m): 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
ZarahBuhari:
[s][/s]
[img]https:///media/4-11-2018/boCawT.gif[/img]
Bros leave sentiment, it’s a penalty ur personal opinion doesn’t change this from being a penalty

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Wow! Wow! Wow! Even though I expected real to go through, I did not expect Juventus to play this good after losing 3-0 at home. I can't imagine how lovely the would have been if they had been allowed to play 30 minutes extra time.
This match just showed me that real madrid can be beaten in their home by any team. I would love to see madrid - Liverpool in the semi final.
Salah vs Ronaldo
Alot of rubbish happened in that backline due to the absence of Sergio Ramos. Now, people will appreciate his worth. Last week, I remember telling my friend that Manchester United needs to buy quality defenders and not the kind of defenders they have now. 1 Sergio Ramos is better than the whole of the back line in Manchester united.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by egojeny1(f): 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
If i were Buffon i would mk sure dt d blood that will gush out of his face after a heavy blow will reach 2 pints.

Nonsense, useless referee

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by NonFarmPayrol: 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
blackjack21:

Hello, are you still into forex?
If yes, I would like to connect with you.

Yea
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Emekus92(m): 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
nNEOo:
what wrong with ronaldo...some1 should remind him a goal from him tonyt wil make me a millionaire

Account details to you Bro. make I join you celebrate
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Emekus92(m): 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2018
egojeny1:
If i were Buffon i would mk sure dt d blood that will gush out of his face after a heavy blow will reach 2 pints.

Nonsense, useless referee
Are you a member of Dog?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by AxceX(m): 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
Charles4075:
Bro, he shoved the refree.

August 13, 2017, Ronaldo did same thing in el classico and he was given his marching orders. Everybody agreed that it was a red card offence and even started listing fifa rules and regulations just because Ronaldo was involved.

Benatia was stupid, if it were to be chiellini that was with Vasquez, he would have tactically disoriented Vasquez to lose that ball.

And did anyone take notice that matuidi goal was a foul on keylor navas. The ball was on navas hands but the speed at which matuidi came, knocked the ball off his hand

Are you blind or just plain stupid undecided

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by caprini1: 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
Varys:
I was skeptical about VAR all this while but now I am in full support of it.

Referee cannot continue to kill games!

I have nothing against Madrid. However, I feel the referee should have allowed the game to go to extra time. Let the best win.
if the game got to extra time with Madrid's momentum juve would've conceeded goals and also a penalty and couple of red cards.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by maverickdude(m): 11:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
naturalwaves:

What do you mean by soft? If the contact had happened anywhere on the pitch, that would be a free kick. Such contact in the penalty box is a penalty, that is so clear. You know I never made conclusions till I saw the highlights. My comments were not tilted towards Madrid previously. I thought it was Buffon that committed the foul and was red carded and that was why I said it must be a true penalty and then I was made to understand that Buffon's red card was not directly for the penalty incident but for arguing and shoving the referee and then I went to watch the highlight. Having watched the highlight, I see it was a penalty. What is your take on the quality of that penalty taken by Ronaldo? wink wink wink
Lol...its all good but it's still your opinion and I'm not convinced by it. Actually,i didn't see the penalty

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by hopyroll(m): 11:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
Prinzecharlez:

They won. Oya show us the ticket.
They qualified not won.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by chukzyfcbb: 11:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
wikipedia updated few minutes ago.

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by hopyroll(m): 11:31pm On Apr 11, 2018
CecyAdrian:

What are you talking about cheesy
All liers shall .........?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by maverickdude(m): 11:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
caprini1:
if the game got to extra time with Madrid's momentum juve would've concerned goals and also a penalty and couple of red cards.
True,they were ragged and tired. I feared they would collapse during ET

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Abusule007: 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
wikipedia updated few minutes ago.
Bcoz it's on Wikipedia means we should fry water?

6 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Jayclassic10(m): 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
Juventus played good football. No one saw them scoring 3 pass Madrid, I have to give it to them. Sergio Ramos absense affected Madrid I guess.
And I think some of u should stop the blasphemy on Madrid. Last year's quarter final btw barca n PSG was kinda similar n everyone said it was the greatest come back of all time, without acknowledging the fact that the ref helped Barcelona.
If anyone should be blamed, I think it's the ref - for allowing the match to go on for more than 7mins. That was uncalled for...
But that was a penalty n it was well taken by ronaldo.
The red card on Buffon though, I dunno. Except he said something bad to the ref or prolly 'cos he pushed the ref, I think it should have been a yellow card. He's the captain n only him could talk to the ref, guess he was pissed n overreacted...
Madrid got a lot of work to do if they wanna retain the trophy. Messed up big time. .
But all the same, congrats to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (40) (Reply)

Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) / Real Madrid vs Liverpool : UCL (3 - 1) On 26th May 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.