Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,376 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb (2960 Views)

Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari / Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by desgiezd(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2010
There the old man goes again. The other time he lent his spport to Iwu and now it is IBB. What a pity!
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by redsun(m): 2:53pm On May 02, 2010
metal-gong:

Thats the typical Yoruba mentality . . . . Always thinking about themselves.

ooh, So Nigeria will split because a man detested by yoruba people won a democratic election whilst the same Yoruba men fought against the splitting of  Nigeria when a particular race was being massacred and maimed.

Anyway, you guys should be getting ready to declare oduduwa republic because IBB will definitely win the 2011 presidential election.

You are not seeing a wider picture here,ibb is not just a yoruba or nigerian problem but a global phenomenon,he is evil,he is crooked,he is backward,unprogressive and most of all a bloody thief,highly detrimental to the masses.

Nigeria can do better than having the likes of ibb as leaders.

I am not a fan of abiola,not particularly a yoruba but i am a supposed nigerian with some sanity.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by EzeUche(m): 3:02pm On May 02, 2010
I actually welcome IBB as President. This would speed up the dissolution of Nigeria as we know.

Widespread protest throughout the South. Disgruntled Generals, rampaging Hausa-Fulani in the streets of the north, this would be a perfect scenario. grin

Let me not count my chickens before they hatch, but this can only be beneficial for the Ndi Igbo and Efik and Ibibio allies.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by sjeezy8: 3:06pm On May 02, 2010
IBB can be become president it doesnt matter but anyone who thinks making him president will spite yorubas or Ndeltans is in for a suprise.

Because when the time igboman becomes president No other southerner aside from igbo will support him.

Southerners have no unity amongst dem selves Im even happy Obj is supporting Jonathan because some would ahve dumped Jonathan and supported IBB or Atiku (any northerner) with a SW- VP. Thats what anyone tribalist would do.

Having Jonathan as president doesnt help yorubas, strategically its not a good look- if yorubas were to stick to tribal politics it doesnt favour them to have Jonathan as president.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 02, 2010
desgiezd:

There the old man goes again. The other time he lent his spport to Iwu and now it is IBB. What a pity!
he's suffering from SCHIZOPHRENIA and needs to be locked up in a mental institution. perharps,he's moving with the tide to gain relevance in nigeria politics.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by marvix(m): 4:18pm On May 02, 2010
Quote frm Mikeansy
Another demonstration of kids being kids that is what is going on here. Why can't you guys recognise diplomatic speak when you see one.

we live in a democracy for God's sake.

THE Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, was yesterday, reported to be in support for the presidential ambition of former military leader, General Ibrahim Babangida, in 2011,  saying he would support him as far as it was the desire and aspiration of the people of the country.

See the bit in bold above? He did not promise to go and campaign for IBB nor did he say he will give him unconditional support. His support for IBB is hinged on the will and aspiration of Nigerians.

What can be wrong with a statement like that?

I do not support IBB but if it is the will and aspiration of the Nigerian people to support him on election day and he gets voted for. On May 29th I will declare my support for whoever gets elected so that the country can move forward and thats called democracy.

This is what Ojukwu is simply saying. So you guys need to grow up and learn to understand when an old man speaks instead of running to your computer to abuse people anyhow.

Ojukwu has one vote on election day and so does everyone else. The Nigerian constitution has not bared IBB from running either and you people want Ojukwu to say that IBB should not run? or that IBB will not be President even if Nigerians vote for him because Ojukwu said so?

All you kids should bury your prejudices and grow up.

U are very correct nd ur post makes a lot of sense but my only point of disagreement with u is on kids runnin 2 abuse frm their systems in my opinion they are not kids they are actually adults I refer to as "EDUCATED ILLITERATES".

Is there anythin wrong if IBB wants 2 campaign nd must Ojukwu have 2 say I won't vote 4 u even if he will not vote 4 him, when u listen more u will c dat a lot of pple on d forum are educated illiterates frm their comments thanks.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by henry101(m): 4:22pm On May 02, 2010
DID U ALL READ THE ARTICLE OR THE TOPIC HEADLINE BEFORE POURING OUT UR INSULTS THAT WOULD STAY IN UR ENCLAVE.
u GUYS ARE REALLY BUNCHES OF DISSAPPOINTMENT
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by marvix(m): 4:32pm On May 02, 2010
The title has no relevance 2 d topic nd shows dat d poster is an educated illiterate.

Those shoutin north nd south politics don't even understand jack abt politics not to even talk of naija politics.

IBB is tryin 2 sell his candidacy d other politicians wat are they doin, wen d forms are out u start hearin som funny names comin out, candidates who can't win elections in their family houses wld all pick forms 2 contest.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by kokoA(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2010
Don't see anything wrong with the oldman's comments at all. @ poster. Wrong topic title.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by metalgong5(m): 4:55pm On May 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

he's suffering from SCHIZOPHRENIA and needs to be locked up in a mental institution. perharps,he's moving with the tide to gain relevance in nigeria politics.

Sorry dude, I think you imbeci-le and your Yoruba father are the ones who deserved to be locked up in a solitary confinement rather than being a nuisance to the society,
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 02, 2010
henry101:

DID U ALL READ THE ARTICLE OR THE TOPIC HEADLINE BEFORE POURING OUT your INSULTS THAT WOULD STAY IN your ENCLAVE.
u GUYS ARE REALLY BUNCHES OF DISSAPPOINTMENT

i would rather say you should make a logical conclusion from what the old man was talking about.he said ibb deserved another chance which to me is an insult to the collective nigerians.
ojukwu is no better than ibb,so i dont expect nothing less from what he said.
note--you may wish to translate in your own english what the topic is about to me,thanks
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by chidyke77(m): 5:13pm On May 02, 2010
Some of you suppose to understand politics,Ojukwu has no other choice that to declare his support for him verbally since they are a delegation that came to visit him. do you expect to hear that he opposes that?definitely thats not the best courtesy to give them.
Wait and see if he will campaign for IBB as he did for Peter Obi before crucifying him.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by metalgong5(m): 5:25pm On May 02, 2010
chidyke77:

Some of you suppose to understand politics,Ojukwu has no other choice that to declare his support for him verbally since they are a delegation that came to visit him. do you expect to hear that he opposes that?definitely thats not the best courtesy to give them.
Wait and see if he will campaign for IBB as he did for Peter Obi before crucifying him.

Even if Ojukwu physically campaigns for IBB, non of these clowns on this forum has the moral right to crucify him.
Some fools on this forum will call Ojukwu a spent force,but whenever his name is mentioned, it sends fear down their spine.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 02, 2010
metal-gong:

Sorry dude, I think you imbeci-le and your Yoruba father are the ones who deserved to be locked up in a solitary confinement rather than being a nuisance to the society,
what good has ojukwu done to nigeria to warrant his credibilty for such comment.he should just keep his mouth shut.ode!!
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by chidyke77(m): 5:36pm On May 02, 2010
Just d mention of Ikemba name can make some people shiver in fear, Ojukwu is a real hero.(ebube agu na eche agu)
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 02, 2010
Bluetooth

For your info it is not up to you to decide for Ojukwu what to say and what not to say and how to say it.

Every Nigerian who has not been banned from contesting elections deserve a chance to take part in the electoral process and that includes IBB.

The decision on who deserves a chance to rule is by counting the number of votes on elections day. Why you cant understand this simple fact is just curious. Grow up!!!!

Everybody must not say things the way you like them, believe in what you believe or say what you want to hear.
It is called democracy.

You can not choose a set of positions, draw a line in the sand and glorify all who agree with you and abuse all who say things that don't totally align with what you want to hear. Thats dictatorship and the idea that a faceless figure like Bluetooth can sit behind his computer and decide what an 80 year old man should say and how he should say them is simply ridiculous!!!!
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by chidyke77(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2010
dont mind him
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 02, 2010
mikeansy:

Bluetooth

For your info it is not up to you to decide for Ojukwu what to say and what not to say and how to say it.

Every Nigerian who has not been banned from contesting elections deserve a chance to take part in the electoral process and that includes IBB.

The decision on who deserves a chance to rule is by counting the number of votes on elections day. Why you cant understand this simple fact is just curious. Grow up!!!!

Everybody must not say things the way you like them, believe in what you believe or say what you want to hear.
It is called democracy.

You can not choose a set of positions, draw a line in the sand and glorify all who agree with you and abuse all who say things that don't totally align with what you want to hear. Thats dictatorship and the idea that a faceless figure like Bluetooth can sit behind his computer and decide what an 80 year old man should say and how he should say them is simply ridiculous!!!!
lwkmd
so you have become an apostle of repentant ex-military men who never believed in democracy but suddenly got their senses 30 years later.the two of them are hypocrites to me.no amount of insults can change my disposition on ibb and i would like to see more of the embarrassment he received in benin on him.hypocrites!!!
redsun:

The day IBB will win an election in niigeria will mean the end of nigeria for any true nigerian.Whoever supports ibb,knowing who he is,is an enemy of progress and the state of nigeria
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by metalgong5(m): 5:54pm On May 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what good has ojukwu done to nigeria to warrant his credibilty for such comment.he should just keep his mouth shut.ode!!

I have told you several times that your thought process is really abysmal.
You deserve to be shackled in a well secured solitary confinement , .  It is a Pity!!
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by yeswecan(m): 6:09pm On May 02, 2010
Am i in the right place? Folks talking about Yoruba and Igbo presidency in this crucial moment, young Nigerians for that matter. What a wasted generation in my opinion. What a shame we still cling to our ethnicity in times like this . . .

Some people are just daft
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 02, 2010
metal-gong:

I have told you several times that your thought process is really abysmal.
You deserve to be shackled in a well secured solitary confinement , .  It is a Pity!!
you are not making any point.just insults is what i've always known you for.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 02, 2010
yeswecan:

Am i in the right place? Folks talking about Yoruba and Igbo presidency in this crucial moment, young Nigerians for that matter. What a wasted generation in my opinion. What a shame we still cling to our ethnicity in times like this . . .

Some people are just daft
i'm not particular about where the president comes from.what matters is having credible there to pilot the affairs of this nation.cant we do away with these silly old folks and have young blood as our leaders.ibb of all people,abeg free me jare.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

lwkmd
so you have become an apostle of repentant ex-military men who never believed in democracy but suddenly got their senses 30 years later.the two of them are hypocrites to me.no amount of insults can change my disposition on ibb and i would like to see more of the embarrassment he received in benin on him.hypocrites!!!

Is Ojukwu running for anything? the last time I checked that is not what this thread or any thread is about.

Will I vote IBB in the next election? Absolutely not.
Will I rather have an election where IBB is not a participant in 2011? absolutely yes.

But that does not mean if I meet IBB today I will tell him not to contest. While I  will hope people reject him at the polls it displays political naivette to say that a man that has not been shut out by the laws of the land should not to take part in a process when it is his right to do so.

IBB has every right to run, as much as I will rather he does not. This is the fact. He has a right to run if he so pleases.

Your right as Bluetooth is to vote against IBB and mobilise enough Nigerians to vote for someone else.

That is the only way you can stop IBB not trying to censore what Odimegwu Ojukwu says.

Do you know who Ojukwu is? have you met him before? have you taken a look at his biography to know whether he is educated or not? How many of your family members can stand toe-to-toe with Ojukwu's level of education? Ojukwu went to Oxford back in the days for your info.

So before you get stuck in the prejudices that perhaps your parents taught you on the dinning table, read widely, open up your minds, and stop getting always excersized at the mention of the word Ojukwu.

Who do you want to be the next President? tell us and tell us why? it is not up to you to decide for Ojukwu who not to vote for.
Ojukwu red History in Oxford and that perhaps may be before you were born.
So stop trying to ridiculously shape Ojukwu's political views. it sounds very ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by mekuszyx: 7:23pm On May 02, 2010
I believe Ojukwu is supporting IBB on the basis of the FACT that the ruling party PDP,, to which IBB belongs, has zoned the presidency to the North. So PDP should just respect itself and let the post remain in the North as agreed. Anyone who does not like that should form a viable alternative party and try to wrestle power from the PdP and then give it to whomsoever they wish. I am also an ARDENT supporter of rotational presidency and as for the North, there are only two or three viable candidates

IBB
EL-RUFAI
RIBADU

Any one of these is good enough for me
The rest na chaff.

IBB is mature and capable, despite June 12 which cancellation was divine, IMHO, considering that MKO, a confirmed thief, would have since mortgaged Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by sjeezy8: 7:29pm On May 02, 2010
IBB can become president I dont really care If Nigeria changes or not.

but if Nigerians are serious people he wont become president.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by ib612(m): 7:33pm On May 02, 2010
When are you guys going to grow up?

Why is it that majority of you throw away your God given brain at the mention of names and ethnics.

Majority of you will end up the way of this present people you are all condemning as a failed generation if you don't stop this useless utterances on tribes.

It's even appalling to want to dictate to a fellow man what he should say or do. General Ojukwu is entitled to his own opinion. When the  time comes he's not going to cast your vote for you on election day.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by doyin13(m): 8:37pm On May 02, 2010
Lol. . . .The incredible thing I find in the story, is how important
one man's voice seems to be in the scheme of things.

If Ojukwu supports Babangida, why should it matter so much.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by presido1: 8:48pm On May 02, 2010
doyin13:

Cuz he is "Anu kporo nku na eji onu" and "Ohia chere mba", "Ofu onye ana asi unu abiala."
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by mekuszyx: 8:50pm On May 02, 2010
doyin13:

Lol. . . .The incredible thing I find in the story, is how important
one man's voice seems to be in the scheme of things.

Very well said. Among the ngbatis, I find you and Soyinka (although Soyinka dey fumble sometimes) the only credible lot grin. Blueteeth abi kini wan pe wan is a complete mor-on
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 02, 2010
presido1:

Cuz he is "Anu kporo nku na eji onu" and "Ohia chere mba", "Ofu onye ana asi unu abiala."

Anu ana agba egbe ona ta nni
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 02, 2010
mikeansy:

Is Ojukwu running for anything? the last time I checked that is not what this thread or any thread is about.

Will I vote IBB in the next election? Absolutely not.
Will I rather have an election where IBB is not a participant in 2011? absolutely yes.

But that does not mean if I meet IBB today I will tell him not to contest. While I  will hope people reject him at the polls it displays political naivette to say that a man that has not been shut out by the laws of the land should not to take part in a process when it is his right to do so.

IBB has every right to run, as much as I will rather he does not. This is the fact. He has a right to run if he so pleases.

Your right as Bluetooth is to vote against IBB and mobilise enough Nigerians to vote for someone else.

That is the only way you can stop IBB not trying to censore what Odimegwu Ojukwu says.

Do you know who Ojukwu is? have you met him before? have you taken a look at his biography to know whether he is educated or not? How many of your family members can stand toe-to-toe with Ojukwu's level of education? Ojukwu went to Oxford back in the days for your info.

So before you get stuck in the prejudices that perhaps your parents taught you on the dinning table, read widely, open up your minds, and stop getting always excersized at the mention of the word Ojukwu.

Who do you want to be the next President? tell us and tell us why? it is not up to you to decide for Ojukwu who not to vote for.
Ojukwu red History in Oxford and that perhaps may be before you were born.
So stop trying to ridiculously shape Ojukwu's political views. it sounds very ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am talking about head,you are talking about tail.what has educational qualification translate to have the basic common sense especially in nigeria where everything works against the tide.fyi,ojukwu oxford qualification has not transformed him into a good leader.
What i said was that ojukwu and ibb NEVER believed in democratic principles and you are togue-sliding.ibb is selling himself and he considers ojukwu as a major force;so paying him a courtesy visit is not a big deal.i'm already mobilizing against ibb already,i dont need your moral support.
Re: Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i am talking about head,you are talking about tail.what has educational qualification translate to have the basic common sense especially in nigeria where everything works against the tide.fyi,ojukwu oxford qualification has not transformed him into a good leader.
What i said was that ojukwu and ibb NEVER believed in democratic principles and you are togue-sliding.ibb is selling himself and he considers ojukwu as a major force;so paying him a courtesy visit is not a big deal.i'm already mobilizing against ibb already,i dont need your moral support.

How did you come to the conclusion that he is not a good leader?

Has he led you before?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Welcome To Borno State - "home Of Peace" / Chime And Chicken Impeachment: D.gov Responds To House Of Assembly / Rev.fr.ejike Mbaka Has Retaliated His Ealier Comments On GEJ Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.