Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? (802 Views)

What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) / Don't Demand For Rewards After/before Service. (Sabbath Day) / How To Work Right On Sabbath Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? by TheBlessedMAN: 11:25am On Mar 18, 2018
Am humbly calling upon the bible scholars in the house to come and please elaborate us on the above topic. It resulted into a very hot argument between two of my neighbours last week and hence, that was the sole reason behind the creation of this thread.

As for me, na sunday my parents told me is sabbath, not because of the rice wey we dey chop on it but because its generally acceptable as a resting day for all and sundry. But when the argument ensue between those people, I couldn't help but ask myself if truely today is a sabbath day.

lalasticlala, abeg, come help us o.
Re: Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? by Ilefoaye(m): 11:27am On Mar 18, 2018
deppends
Re: Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? by YoungSharawy4444(m): 11:45am On Mar 18, 2018
saturday
Re: Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? by iSpread(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
TheBlessedMAN:
Am humbly calling upon the bible scholars in the house to come and please elaborate us on the above topic. It resulted into a very hot argument between two of my neighbours last week and hence, that was the sole reason behind the creation of this thread.

As for me, na sunday my parents told me is sabbath, not because of the rice wey we dey chop on it but because its generally acceptable as a resting day for all and sundry. But when the argument ensue between those people, I couldn't help but ask myself if truely today is a sabbath day.

SABBATH ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE IS A TIME, A DAY OF REST, YOU DO NOT WORK, PLANT OR HARVEST - NO WORK, THAT'S WHY THEY ACCUSE JESUS OF HEALING SOMEONE ON A SABBATH DAY (Mark 3:1-6). NOTHING SHOULD BE DONE ON THAT DAY, ITS RESTING DAY (FROM WORKS) ACCORDING TO THE LAW.
BUT WHEN YOU BECOME A CHRISTIAN, A CHILD OF GOD, THE BIBLE LET US TO KNOW THAT CHRIST JESUS IS OUR SABBATH (Hebrews 4:9-10), SO ITS NO LONGER A THING OF SATURDAY OR SUNDAY, CHRIST IS OUR SABBATH, CHRIST IS OUR REST. SO EVERYDAY FOR THE CHRISTIAN IS SABBATH, BECAUSE JESUS HAS DIE, JESUS WAS BURIED, JESUS WENT TO HELL, JESUS RESURRECTED, JESUS IS IN HEAVEN, AND HE LIVES IN US TODAY. SO WE ARE NOT LIMITED.
CHRIST IS A PLACE, AND WE ARE IN THAT PLACE OF REST AND WE OUGHT TO FUNCTION EVERYDAY FROM THAT REST, NO STRUGGLING IN LIFE ANYMORE, WE HAVE CEASE FROM STRUGGLING BECAUSE CHRIST IS OUR SABBATH (OUR REST).
Re: Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
TheBlessedMAN:

whenever i come across this question i am always suprise that people don't seem to understand the sabath..

take ur time to read ur bible, on sabath day, u are nt permited to even leave ur compound..

so sunday is a day when christians go to a place of worship to worship thier God..

sabath was/is saturday and u are free to observe it anywhere u are..

(1) (Reply)

Church To Spend N4.85 Billion On Evangelism, Revival / Was Mary A Sinner? / God I'm In Need Of A Job!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.