Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) (2343 Views)

TB Joshua: I Am Tired & Want To Rest - Usher Reveals Things Prophet Said To Them / Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? / Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On Aug 01, 2020
What is the recommended day to rest from your paid work, Saturday or Sunday?
I believe strongly it's Saturday not Sunday.
Unless you don't demand for reward after working for people throughout Saturday. (Your work has to be pleasing to GOD.)
Holy people don't demand for rewards from Sunday to Saturday though. We need to be holy and perfect all the days of our lives. That is what GOD demands from followers of CHRIST
So, if you are holy, you are not bounded by the sabbath work law. You can work everyday and rest whenever you want (especially on Saturday)
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by emmy512: 6:55am On Aug 01, 2020
Constantine changed most events to suit his pagan beliefs as he wasn't ready to let go of paganism even though he was pressured by Christianity.
So he changed the dates of easter, Christmas, and moved sabath from Saturday to Sunday all in a bid to fit his pagan beliefs.
So Saturday is.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by haiti007(m): 7:03am On Aug 01, 2020
Personally, I rest on both days
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2020
emmy512:
Constantine changed most events to suit his pagan beliefs as he wasn't ready to let go of paganism even though he was pressured by Christianity.
So he changed the dates of easter, Christmas, and moved sabath from Saturday to Sunday all in a bid to fit his pagan beliefs.
So Saturday is.

I don't know much about the Constantine story (whether it is true or not), what matters is to keep the 7th day (Saturday) holy.
If we are worried that Saturday may not actually be "that seventh day", then keep others days holy too. That is why holiness all the days of our lives is very important.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 10:35am On Aug 01, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

I don't know much about the Constantine story (whether it is true or not), what matters is to keep the 6th day (Saturday) holy.
If we are worried that Saturday may not actually be "that sixth day", then keep others days holy too. That is why holiness all the days of our lives is very important.

Corrected something important in the original. Its duplicate, this ^ has mistake: 6th day ≠ Saturday.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:40am On Aug 08, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Unless you don't demand for reward after working for people throughout Saturday. (Your work has to be pleasing to GOD.)
Holy people don't demand for rewards from Sunday to Saturday though. We need to be holy and perfect all the days of our lives. That is what GOD demands from followers of CHRIST
So, if you are holy, you are not bounded by the sabbath work law. You can work everyday and rest whenever you want (especially on Saturday)

Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by khia: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

The Shabbat is Saturday, always has been and always will be.
Constantine/Catholics changed it to Sunday to convert pagans to Christianity. Sunday was the day the pagans worshipped the **Sun-Day.**

1 Like

Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 7:09am On Aug 29, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 7:17am On Sep 05, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

... ....
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:47am On Sep 12, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
..... . .
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by SharonLoveth(f): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2020
emmy512:
So Saturday is.

What if the first of the week is NOT Sunday it might fall on Thursday or Anyday of the week.. Assuming if the first day of the week falls on Monday, Sunday is automatically the Sabbath day... Sunday is the LORD'S DAY, The day Our Lord Jesus Christ resurrected, That is the reason why SUNDAY is majorly accepted as the day to Worship and Serve God
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by emmy512: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2020
SharonLoveth:

What if the first of the week is NOT Sunday it might fall on Thursday or Anyday of the week.. Assuming if the first day of the week falls on Monday, Sunday is automatically the Sabbath day... Sunday is the LORD'S DAY, The day Our Lord Jesus Christ resurrected, That is the reason why SUNDAY is majorly accepted as the day to Worship and Serve God

1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4.A God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

If were to follow the original and first account of creation, we'd realise that Sunday was the first day of God's creation where he created light and everything else followed,

5 . And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day

On the seventh day he ended his work, blessed it and rested.
From God's request he wanted d 7th day as sabath and not what day Jesus resurrected,
You say Sunday is sabath because we chose it to be so, who are the people that changed it to be so? " The pagans" Constantine it fitted their own narrative that way they mixed their practises with Christianity

1 Like

Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by SharonLoveth(f): 10:53am On Sep 12, 2020
emmy512:

1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4.A God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

If were to follow the original and first account of creation, we'd realise that Sunday was the first day of God's creation where he created light and everything else followed,

5 . And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day

On the seventh day he ended his work, blessed it and rested.
From God's request he wanted d 7th day as sabath and not what day Jesus resurrected,
You say Sunday is sabath because we chose it to be so, who are the people that changed it to be so? " The pagans" Constantine it fitted their own narrative that way they mixed their practises with Christianity

Is the Seventh day mentioned therein Saturday or Sunday? As you can see, Nothing like Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc in God's philosophy. It is man made
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by ggirl4real: 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
Sunday is for rest.

On most Saturdays, there are events to attend.

It's only Sunday that is available to full rest.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes3: 7:02am On Sep 19, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump....
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 7:25am On Sep 26, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 7:18am On Oct 03, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:57am On Oct 10, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:54am On Oct 17, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Bump...
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 7:13am On Oct 31, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump....
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 7:05am On Nov 07, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 7:14am On Nov 14, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Bump. ..
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by orisa37: 7:19am On Nov 14, 2020
REST IS MADE FOR US AND NOT US FOR REST.

DON'T WASTE YOUR ENERGIES ON ANYTHING.

FOLLOW YOUR HEART.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by orisa37: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2020
Constantine was a FULANI MAN tricking to adapt THE BANKING SYSTEM TO SOOTHE THE PLAN OF HIS MIYETTI ALLAH FULANI HERDSMEN RIFA. THE WORLD IS FOR ALL OF US SO DON'T LET HIM EXCHANGE YOUR SUNDAYS FOR HIS FRIDAYS(SATURDAYS).
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by orisa37: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2020
Recommended by who? SUNDAYS IS FOR CHRISTIANS AND IT IS AUTHORIZED AND APPROVED BY CHRIST.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by orisa37: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2020
haiti007:
Personally, I rest on both days

You are so Jobless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by haiti007(m): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2020
orisa37:

You are so Jobless.
Thanks but no thanks, your opinion doesn't count.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by orisa37: 10:42am On Nov 14, 2020
haiti007:

Thanks but no thanks, your opinion doesn't count.

I am jobless too owing to Buharinomics.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by haiti007(m): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2020
cheesy wink cheesy cheesy
We are same cheesy cheesy
orisa37:

I am jobless too owing to Buharinomics.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by orisa37: 11:57am On Nov 14, 2020
haiti007:
cheesy wink cheesy cheesy
We are same cheesy cheesy

I don't go to work. I don't go to School. I don't go to Mosques on Friday. I am neither a Satanist nor a Seven Day Adventist, so I don't go to Shrines on Saturday. I don't go to Church on Sunday now. SO IT'S REST EVERYDAY. I AM JOBLESS JOBLESS JOBLESS AND JOBLESS.

I JUST LEARN THAT THE VACCINE FROM THE U.S & CHINA WILL KILL GOD IN EVERY FANATIC.

BUHARI IS A ROYAL EXPERIMENT. WHAT ABOUT KANU, SHEHU SHEKAU AND ME?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by orisa37: 11:58am On Nov 14, 2020
I don't go to work. I don't go to School. I don't go to Mosques on Friday. I am neither a Satanist nor a Seven Day Adventist, so I don't go to Shrines on Saturday. I don't go to Church on Sunday now. SO IT'S REST EVERYDAY. I AM JOBLESS JOBLESS JOBLESS AND JOBLESS.

I JUST LEARN THAT THE VACCINE FROM THE U.S & CHINA WILL KILL GOD IN EVERY FANATIC.

BUHARI IS A ROYAL EXPERIMENT. WHAT ABOUT KANU, SHEHU SHEKAU AND ME?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

By Their Fruit You Shall Know Them / On the Apparent Correlation Between Religion and Social Ills / Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.