Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift (2173 Views)

Who Is Forcing Them To Marry? – Reactions As Wedding Photos Of Couple Trend / Man Donates His Girlfriend’s Belongings To Charity After He Caught Her Cheating / Couple Got Kitchen Stool As Wedding Gift After Principal, Student Sex Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by DNaijab: 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
A love-struck husband who wanted to make their wedding anniversary count donated his kidney to his sick wife as anniversary gift.

Cesar and Monica Calle celebrated their 23rd wedding anniversary on Thursday in Florida.

The atmosphere was filled with excitement as the couple commemorated their anniversary in style at Memorial Regional Hospital’s newly opened Transplant Institute, where some 30 nurses, doctors and medical staff removed Cesar’s kidney and sewed it inside his wife.

Visibly elated Monica said: “It’s kind of like winning the lottery."

For more than two years, Monica has been tethered to a dialysis machine for eight-and-a-half hours every day.

“I would connect myself to a machine every night. My cut-off time was 9:30,” she said.

Somehow, she managed to work full-time at the same hospital where she would have her transplant surgery.

The couple has three children.

Monica inherited her kidney disease from her mother, who was also a transplant recipient.

Read More: https://dailynaija.com/post/man-donates-kidney-to-wife-as-wedding-anniversary-gift

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by DannyJ19(m): 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2018
hmm..
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hmmm... I hope their marriage lasts.

I don't think I'd ever do something like that because I'm possessive with what's mine & breakups make me angry. I'll perform another surgery on him without anaesthesia just to get my kidney back grin He can't be skipping away in glee with an organ of mine doing its work inside him. That would amplify the resentment towards him.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Fredmatic(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
XhosaNostra:

I don't think I'd ever do something like that because I'm possessive with what's mine & breakups make me angry. I'll perform another surgery on him without anaesthesia just to get my kidney back grin He can't be skipping away in glee with an organ of mine doing its work inside of him. That would amplify the resentment towards him.

Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
Fredmatic:
[color=#006600][/color]

What? You'd donate an organ to a spouse? If you divorce, are you telling me you won't wish you should have let them continue to live through a machine tongue? Be honest.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

What? You'd donate an organ to a spouse? If you divorce, are you telling me you won't wish you should have let them continue to live through a machine tongue? Be honest.
I was thinking of paying lobola on you. But as a sign of your good faith... your kidney is required for safe keeping.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Zuluhead(m): 2:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I don't think I'd ever do something like that because I'm possessive with what's mine & breakups make me angry. I'll perform another surgery on him without anaesthesia just to get my kidney back grin He can't be skipping away in glee with an organ of mine doing its work inside him. That would amplify the resentment towards him.
OMG... You would perform a surgery without anaesthesia just to get your kidney back.
So after 100 cows for lobola, numerous gifts and holiday vacations across, You would get your kidney back.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
angels09:

I was thinking of paying lobola on you. But as a sign of your good faith... your kidney is required for safe keeping.

Lol, I'd give that willingly because I trust myself. These arms won't let your heart break grin

Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
Zuluhead:

OMG... You would perform a surgery without anaesthesia just to get your kidney back.
So after 100 cows for lobola, numerous gifts and holiday vacations across, You would get your kidney back.
100 cows... for what? You wanna buy her soul too?
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2018
Zuluhead:

Not on someone like you of course. The memories of numerous vacations etc, will make me more forgiving tongue
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Lol, I'd give that willingly because I trust myself. These arms won't let your heart break grin
We have to relocate urgently to the Khoisan apartments in the Eland lakes .. makhoti
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
angels09:

We have to relocate urgently to the Khoisan apartments in the Eland lakes ..

Angels, are you really in KZN or just playing?
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Angels, are you really in KZN or just playing?

Accept the Drakensberg invitation to find out.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Zuluhead(m): 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
angels09:

100 cows... for what? You wanna buy her soul too?
Not for her soul but for her lobola, that have been settled. Its gonna be xhosa festival.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
Zuluhead:

Not for her soul but for her lobola, that have been settled. Its gonna be xhosa festival.
Hmmm those Eastern Cape ladies... Yellow bones dem.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Zuluhead(m): 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Not on someone like you of course. The memories of numerous vacations etc, will make me more forgiving tongue
grin i see, since you can forgive for vacations, then you deserve one per month, sipping your cappuchino, white wine and white meat. while you watching the sun with a dark shade sinking into the sea.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
angels09:

Accept the Drakensberg invitation to find out.

Angels, you don't wanna make me fall in love * in DBanj 's voice* tongue

Lol, I see. Does the offer have an expiry date? I may take you up on it some day wink
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
Zuluhead:

grin i see, since you can forgive for vacations, then you deserve one per month, sipping your cappuchino, white wine and white meat. while you watching the sun with a dark shade sinking into the sea.

Lol, that sounds nice. I'm not a fan of cappuccino though. Where in Durbs do you live? I've actually never been that side. Hoping to visit in the future & go to Shaka Marine. What places can you recommend around KZN?
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Angels, you don't wanna make me fall in love * in DBanj 's voice* tongue

Lol, I see. Does the offer have an expiry date? I may take you up on it some day wink

Limited blank cheque...Shaka marine interesting too..
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by mikejj(m): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
angry the lord is a great provider.e say wat
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2018
angels09:

Limited blank cheque...Shaka marine interesting too..

Lol, OK.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Lol, OK.
Salt Rock beach La Lucia not bad too.... But I'd prefer you seek me out at the Gateway following some clues...are you ready for the challenge?
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Homeboiy: 3:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
OK it never happened in my country
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
angels09:

La Lucia beach not bad too.... But I'd prefer you seek me out at the Gateway following some clues...are you ready for the challenge?

Sounds romantic smiley

I'm not ready now lol. Ngelinye ilanga perhaps. Can you understand Zulu?
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Sounds romantic smiley

I'm not ready now lol. Ngelinye ilanga perhaps. Can you understand Zulu?
kulindeleke, ulethe i-LionessZ-A
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
angels09:

kulindeleke

That's not correct lol. Uzolinda? tongue
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

That's not correct lol. Uzolinda? tongue
Haibo!!
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Zuluhead(m): 3:21pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Lol, that sounds nice. I'm not a fan of cappuccino though. Where in Durbs do you live? I've actually never been that side. Hoping to visit in the future & go to Shaka Marine. What places can you recommend around KZN?
Shaka marine is gorgeous, kzn gots lots of tourist destinations, depends on what your fantasies are.
Clubbing, Sea lifes, games, hunting, camping etc.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2018
angels09:

Haibo!!

LMFAO. Kulungile ke. The way you said that so forcefully though got me cracking. As you were tongue
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

LMFAO. Kulungile ke. The way you said that so forcefully though got me cracking. As you were tongue
Have not gone that lavida loca yet...
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
Zuluhead:

Shaka marine is gorgeous, kzn gots lots of tourist destinations, depends on what your fantasies are.
Clubbing, Sea lifes, games, hunting, camping etc.

Yeah, I've heard it is. Seen some pics when family members have gone there. It looks fun. I guess I'll have to find my way around when I visit KZN.

Aside from KZN & JHB, where alse have you stayed? Ever been to CPT? One day I hope to visit Robben Island. Perhaps even exchange vows there like other couples tongue Seems like a spiritual place.
Re: Man Donates Kidney To Wife As Wedding Anniversary Gift by XhosaNostra(f): 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2018
angels09:

Have not gone that lavida loca yet...

Hahaha. Ok.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Was Raped At 18, Swear Never To Love Again Now She In Love With Me. / SEX : Different Types Of Nigerian Ladies In Bed, Before During And After Sex / What Should I Invest It On? [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.