Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,350 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

"A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man (31821 Views)

Pastor Paul Enenche Responds To Daddy Freeze, Calls Him A Mad Dog And A Bastard / Man Told That An Evil Item Is Buried At His Office (Photos) / Lokoja Pastor Attempts To Heal A Mad Man And Was Beaten (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by wickedboi: 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
We know the guy
fake arse story
He wan form inspiration
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by miracool946: 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
ajl:

Just like some folks making comments here. It seem your mind process information in a different way. Your fuel gauge indicates your tank is not empty, then how can you immediately accept that your fuel tank is empty. The solution was that the "mad man" was detached from the young man circumstances and the trips he has been making to the mechanics. His solution is simple and usually the first thing you think of. But not when your fuel gauge shows otherwise.

You all need to learn how to process information. Too shallow way to reason.
guess I dint read the post
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by statrboiTolu(m): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hmmm! Ok o! Na so during my service year for Ekiti one mad aunt wee jus write number on paper close to one baba ijebu kiosk, na so guy go rush play d game!! If u say c d way d ticket dey cut anyhow ehn!!
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by litaninja(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
This is what counts as a miracle?
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
IT CAN AS WELL BE ANGELS ON DISGUISE, THE WAYS OF GOD IS DIFFERENT FROM THE WAY OF MAN. cool

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by zabuur: 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
All those involved in issuing you a driver's license if u actually have one should be sacked Pronto..... So if ur Guage doesn't work, u still don't know if u are out of fuel or not.

How sure are u that d mad man u are referring to doesn't have a mobile phone in his pocket and some brand new 1000 notes.

Sure, u will go pay your daddy GO for this miracle

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Nnamdiojukwu: 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
Read Fola Olatunji-David's story below:

God is still in the business of embarrassing us with miracles.

Mentally deranged man's photo used for illustration purposes only
Summary
My car stopped on the road today in Surulere.

Was stranded for 45 mins trying to diagnose and find help.

A half naked MADMAN shows up and tells me what to do (go buy fuel).

15 mins later, problem solved.

History:
Took the car to the shop for some mechanical work a few days back... As per Naija mechanic (fix one, spoil another), he spoilt the fuel gauge. So I didn't realise I was out of fuel (guage was still well over half, and i hadn't driven car in days to remember proper level)

After my informed diagnosis of problem elimination, I conclude that the new fuel pump that was replaced must have been fake. Thank God I kept the old one right? Wrong! I start to struggle with the back seat of the Toyota to access the fuel pump cannister.

Just to be on the safe side, I decide to try starting again. I was wearing a white dress shirt, and was already half soaked in sweat. This guy shows up shirtless and starts to shout "Na the fuel". Thinking it was a tout, I just ignored and continued my "work

After 10 mins of struggling and not making headway, I step out of the car to catch my breath. This guy starts walking to me, it was then I realised that he wasn't a boy in the hood showing off his abs, but a middle aged man who was mentally unbalanced and destitute. MAD MAN!

I was certain today was an unfortunate day because not only was my car bad on Eric Moore Road, I was going to be accosted by a mad man. He calmly walks up to me and says "Oga it's the fuel, go and buy fuel". I said thank you to let him leave me peacefully, and he did!

A few problems here (in my mind):
1. My gauge said otherwise
2. Even if, I didn't have a keg to buy the fuel
3. I didnt know where to buy the fuel
4. It definitely wasn't the fuel - I now remembered that I bought a full tank less than a week, and hadn't gone anywhere with it

30 seconds later, this guy comes back with a dirty 5 litres keg with a makeshift cover made of all the nylons and "pure water" satchets he could find, and says I should "leave here and go buy fuel". Y'all know that in Nigeria, leave here is not an advice, it's a warning.

I decided I needed a break either ways, and I was probably in his turf. As I was flagging a bike he didn't say a word, just looked at me like he was going to sell my car the moment I went out of view. Today couldnt get worse! Have you had a mad man angry at you before?

Anyways, I make a quick trip to the conoil up the road, and come back. Get back to my car and the mad man was gone! Hallelujah. Next up create a funnel out of empty plastic water bottle, I grab one bottle from the car, looking for something sharp to cut it.

Couldnt find something in the car so decided to improvise. Immediately I came out the car guess who was holding an already cut bottle... Yes, this mad man. He gives me and moves back (as you would if you gave someone something very dear to you). I was half spooked, half amused.

Anyways, i pour the fuel, run the engine and the car starts on the spot as if I just drove from servicing... I couldn't believe it. I had reluctantly bought the fuel and wasn't expecting it to work. Stunned i start to thank the guy and he was just smiling.

I reached out to thank him, but by now he was back to being mad... talking complete rubbish and point to the ground and stuff! I forced 1000 on him and left. Mad as in, kolo!

Fam! God made a mad man temporarily gain his sanity to sort me out!!!

I grew up hearing my father proclaim "I can never be stranded" and "I was young and now old and never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed beg
bread"... Today, those words became life.

It's more amazing because I'm not righteous, not by a mile, but its a continuous testament of God's love and commitment to embarrassing us with his mercy and gwrace!

I repeat, God used a mad man to help me! Wow.

https://lailasnews.com/guy-recounts-mad-man-/

Your guage says otherwise, yet you said mechanic messed it up, why?
Are you trying to add sugar?
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by afoltundeseun(m): 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
Jh0wsef:
So you had not driven the car for days and common sense didn't indicate a fuel leak of some sort.

[s]Infact both you, the mad man, the fuel attendant, the owner of the filling station, the car brand owner. All of you are mad undecided[/s]
Thrash, stale and unamusing.
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by sholay2011(m): 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
binsanni:
you too dey mad now cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

how your fuel go finish, you don't no, and nah mad man con tell you what to do. mehn you are really mad
If you want to hide a thing of value from an average Nigerian, put it in a book.
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
sad
So God cannot cure the mad man But is quick to use him
Africa's got a long way to go

U are talking as if u do not believe in GOD
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
sad
So God cannot cure the mad man But is quick to use him

U are talking as if u do not believe in GOD OR DON'T U BELIEVE THAT GOD IS POWERFUL?
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
bedspread:
INDEED ALL POWERS BELONG TO GOD

YES OOOO
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by hapi4eva: 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
This your story na fabu. The mad man picture you posted I have seen same picture 2yrs ago. Biko no give us super story here abeg

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by ZombieTAMER: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
hajoke2000:

U are talking as if u do not believe in GOD
OR DON'T U BELIEVE THAT GOD IS POWERFUL?

God is not the problem of Africa
Religion is ...my sister
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

God is not the problem of Africa Religion is ...my sister

yeah
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Mitchsin(f): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
Read Fola Olatunji-David's story below:

God is still in the business of embarrassing us with miracles.

Mentally deranged man's photo used for illustration purposes only
Summary
My car stopped on the road today in Surulere.

Was stranded for 45 mins trying to diagnose and find help.

A half naked MADMAN shows up and tells me what to do (go buy fuel).

15 mins later, problem solved.

History:
Took the car to the shop for some mechanical work a few days back... As per Naija mechanic (fix one, spoil another), he spoilt the fuel gauge. So I didn't realise I was out of fuel (guage was still well over half, and i hadn't driven car in days to remember proper level)

After my informed diagnosis of problem elimination, I conclude that the new fuel pump that was replaced must have been fake. Thank God I kept the old one right? Wrong! I start to struggle with the back seat of the Toyota to access the fuel pump cannister.

Just to be on the safe side, I decide to try starting again. I was wearing a white dress shirt, and was already half soaked in sweat. This guy shows up shirtless and starts to shout "Na the fuel". Thinking it was a tout, I just ignored and continued my "work

After 10 mins of struggling and not making headway, I step out of the car to catch my breath. This guy starts walking to me, it was then I realised that he wasn't a boy in the hood showing off his abs, but a middle aged man who was mentally unbalanced and destitute. MAD MAN!

I was certain today was an unfortunate day because not only was my car bad on Eric Moore Road, I was going to be accosted by a mad man. He calmly walks up to me and says "Oga it's the fuel, go and buy fuel". I said thank you to let him leave me peacefully, and he did!

A few problems here (in my mind):
1. My gauge said otherwise
2. Even if, I didn't have a keg to buy the fuel
3. I didnt know where to buy the fuel
4. It definitely wasn't the fuel - I now remembered that I bought a full tank less than a week, and hadn't gone anywhere with it

30 seconds later, this guy comes back with a dirty 5 litres keg with a makeshift cover made of all the nylons and "pure water" satchets he could find, and says I should "leave here and go buy fuel". Y'all know that in Nigeria, leave here is not an advice, it's a warning.

I decided I needed a break either ways, and I was probably in his turf. As I was flagging a bike he didn't say a word, just looked at me like he was going to sell my car the moment I went out of view. Today couldnt get worse! Have you had a mad man angry at you before?

Anyways, I make a quick trip to the conoil up the road, and come back. Get back to my car and the mad man was gone! Hallelujah. Next up create a funnel out of empty plastic water bottle, I grab one bottle from the car, looking for something sharp to cut it.

Couldnt find something in the car so decided to improvise. Immediately I came out the car guess who was holding an already cut bottle... Yes, this mad man. He gives me and moves back (as you would if you gave someone something very dear to you). I was half spooked, half amused.

Anyways, i pour the fuel, run the engine and the car starts on the spot as if I just drove from servicing... I couldn't believe it. I had reluctantly bought the fuel and wasn't expecting it to work. Stunned i start to thank the guy and he was just smiling.

I reached out to thank him, but by now he was back to being mad... talking complete rubbish and point to the ground and stuff! I forced 1000 on him and left. Mad as in, kolo!

Fam! God made a mad man temporarily gain his sanity to sort me out!!!

I grew up hearing my father proclaim "I can never be stranded" and "I was young and now old and never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed beg bread"... Today, those words became life.

It's more amazing because I'm not righteous, not by a mile, but its a continuous testament of God's love and commitment to embarrassing us with his mercy and grace!

I repeat, God used a mad man to help me! Wow.

https://lailasnews.com/guy-recounts-mad-man-temporarily-regained-sanity/

Wonders shall never end
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by SwagPower: 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
sad

So God cannot cure the mad man
But is quick to use him

Yea ..dont b surprised the owner of d car may b very proud of himself..n will kip narrating dis tale in church n to whoever cares to listen...And they'll likely scream God is gud in unison...i dmt know wat is wrong wit some religious folks..

So God ignored d many pleas of the maf man's relatives to heal him...bt will heal him temporarily to help d car owner fuel his car...

sighs!!!

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by alizma: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
binsanni:
you too dey mad now cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

how your fuel go finish, you don't no, and nah mad man con tell you what to do. mehn you are really mad
if your madness had allowed you to be sane in few minutes just like the madman who helped him, probably you had read through the passage very well and understood that he was misled by his fuel gauge.
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by GoldHorse(m): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
Na mechanic jo! Na hin dreadlocks confuse you
undecided
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by GoldHorse(m): 5:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by baddosky1: 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Yahweh is such an incompetent god, so he helped this guy fuel his car through a mad man while thousands die daily of easily preventable diseases like starvation and malaria?

It appears Yahweh hasn't got his priorities straight at all if it exists

This is one of the many reasons why I have long maintained despite lip service to things like selflessness and humility, religions mostly function by providing an ego trip to people that allows them to cast aside a bigger picture of reality that they're not able to make sense of, and have a nice smaller picture, with them at the center, where what really matters are those things that happen to them.

I guarantee you if we had a full on nuclear war that saw 90 percent of the world's population killed off, there would be among the survivors jackasses walking around talking about how great God is and how much he loves human beings because they survived, even while the survivors would be living through hellish conditions and dealing with all kinds of illnesses. That is the power of faith, the power of delusion.

Oga...so for your mind now, you think say you been make sense?
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Yoshy: 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Yahweh is such an incompetent god, so he helped this guy fuel his car through a mad man while thousands die daily of easily preventable diseases like starvation and malaria?

It appears Yahweh hasn't got his priorities straight at all if it exists

This is one of the many reasons why I have long maintained despite lip service to things like selflessness and humility, religions mostly function by providing an ego trip to people that allows them to cast aside a bigger picture of reality that they're not able to make sense of, and have a nice smaller picture, with them at the center, where what really matters are those things that happen to them.

I guarantee you if we had a full on nuclear war that saw 90 percent of the world's population killed off, there would be among the survivors jackasses walking around talking about how great God is and how much he loves human beings because they survived, even while the survivors would be living through hellish conditions and dealing with all kinds of illnesses. That is the power of faith, the power of delusion.

Dear human,

I'm not here to defend G-d, he is powerful enough to do that, but I'm here to share in your disappointment. But the difference between mine and yours is; I'm taking responsibility that we humans have a role to play too. We are co-creators in what becomes of our aboard earth.

Yes, G-d created everything, he wanted good and not evil, the reality is good(light) evil is absence of good(darkness)

My dear human, what are you doing your own little way to make the world a better place for all? Don't tell me you're sitting lazily and expecting G-d to do all when you're a co-creator?

I think G-d sees us as partners, a little higher than celestial beings, being the poor little humans some of us are, we won't realise the power we posses.

I will ask you this, are you angry at G-d or you're denying His existence?

For me, I'm angry, but not towards G-d, towards myself and my inability to utilize 100% what God deposited in me to help tender the garden (earth) he placed me in.

But amidst my anger, there is hope... Humans are already trying, from the inception of Earth till now, we are progressively getting better. To be more specific, there are lesser deaths, lesser violence, lesser sufferings, lesser hunger etc Read history to confirm this, don't take my word for it.

~Concerned human,
Yoshy

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by uuzba(m): 5:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
sad

So God cannot cure the mad man
But is quick to use him

If God cured the madman, you will meet him well and OK. If he told you he was formerly mad before being cured by God, you will not believe.
God has left the madness for you to cure in his name and is waiting for you to take the first step.
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by uuzba(m): 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
GoldHorse:
Na mechanic jo! Na hin dreadlocks confuse you
undecided

There is a Nigerian saying, "Na mechanic make us no know who be crase man".

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by CuteMadridista: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
baddosky1:

Oga...so for your mind now, you think say you been make sense?
of course wink
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by CuteMadridista: 5:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yoshy:

Dear human,

I'm not here to defend G-d, he is powerful enough to do that, but I'm here to share in your disappointment. But the difference between mine and yours is; I'm taking responsibility that we humans have a role to play too. We are co-creators in what becomes of our aboard earth.

Yes, G-d created everything, he wanted good and not evil, the reality is good(light) evil is absence of good(darkness)

My dear human, what are you doing your own little way to make the world a better place for all? Don't tell me you're sitting lazily and expecting G-d to do all when you're a co-creator?

I think G-d sees us as partners, a little higher than celestial beings, being the poor little humans some of us are, we won't realise the power we posses.

For me, I'm angry, but not towards G-d, towards myself and my inability to utilize 100% what God deposited in me to help tender the garden (earth) he placed me in.

But amidst my anger, there is hope... Humans are already trying, from the inception of Earth till now, we are progressively getting better. To be more specific, there are lesser deaths, lesser violence, lesser sufferings, lesser hunger etc Read history to confirm this, don't take my word for it.

~Concerned human,
Yoshy

Honestly I could counter each and every point here but I see you put some efforts in so I wouldn't do that although its strawman

I'm an atheist so I don't believe in any god however I'm highly disappointed in the self centered way people portray their various gods especially the Christians and that's what my post is actually directed at but you attacked a strawman instead.

Let me answer your question, I'm not angry at Yahweh neither am I denying its existence. I KNOW Yahweh does not exist or if it does its definitely not the way the BuyBull nor Christians describe it
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
Are these not the same people that fell for MMM lipsrsealed Gullible is their middle name

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Yoshy: 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Honestly I could counter each and every point here but I see you put some efforts in so I wouldn't do that although its strawman

I'm an atheist so I don't believe in any god however I'm highly disappointed in the self centered way people portray their various gods especially the Christians and that's what my post is actually directed at but you attacked a strawman instead.

Let me answer your question, I'm not angry at Yahweh neither am I denying its existence. I KNOW Yahweh does not exist or if it does its definitely not the way the BuyBull nor Christians describe it

To question, means you care. Yeah, I believe G-d will not want us to be 'BuyBull' or perceive Him the way 'Christians' do. Maybe, they are seekers too.

May you find that which you seek.
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by 1Sharon(f): 6:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
ModsWillKillNL:
[i][/i]

Your foolish rants won't take anything from God.
It's you that should start preparing for everlasting torment in hell.
For a start, start going close to big naked fire.

Have you prepared urself for the Islamic hell? Aren't you a hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by 1Sharon(f): 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
SwagPower:

Yea ..dont b surprised the owner of d car may b very proud of himself..n will kip narrating dis tale in church n to whoever cares to listen...And they'll likely scream God is gud in unison...i dmt know wat is wrong wit some religious folks..

So God ignored d many pleas of the maf man's relatives to heal him...bt will heal him temporarily to help d car owner fuel his car...

sighs!!!

God works in mysterious ways
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by 1Sharon(f): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yoshy:

Dear human,

~Concerned human,
Yoshy

You just said you aren't defending god, but did just that
Re: "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man by Yoshy: 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
1Sharon:

You just said you aren't defending god, but did just that

Well, I was not defending G-d, it was a view point, a belief, an experience not defence. Are you an atheist too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facts About Orisa Aje: The Goddess Of Wealth & Prosperity - / ‘my Pastor Husband Conspired To Sacrifice Me For Ritual’- Wife (photo) / Pope Francis Puts On Costume To Sneak Out Of Vatican To Help The Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.