Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,477 members, 7,770,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:28 AM

Why You Need To Leave The Past Behind - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Need To Leave The Past Behind (312 Views)

Workers At Indomie Cry Out: 'We've Not Been Allowed To Leave For Six Months' / Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / Soldier Wins Over 50million Naira In Betnaija. Will He Leave The Military Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Leave The Past Behind by Brazzaville(m): 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
Leave the past behind so you can focus on your future, die to the past so you live fully now. You must let go of the past pain, your struggle and your past stories. Not because it wasn’t important but because your future, your life is more important. You can’t change your past; grudges will never get you where you want to be. Holding on to something you can’t change is insanity, let go of it so you can live. I could have focused on all that was wrong with my life, I could have played the victim card, I had every right to curse the world for putting me in this position, for placing me in this neighborhood. Why should I rough it out and others live in luxury, why should I suffer and other live free, why should I be homeless while others take for granted the roofs over their heads. But I believe I needed to see all of that so as to become the human I am today. I chose not to be defined by my circumstance but defined by my attitude towards beating my circumstance, defined by my ability to rise above generations of limitations and lack, to rise above lack of ambition around me, to rise above negativity.
I believe only God gives us what we have, the strength to overcome, what we need to become strong. The pain I have been through, the struggles I have been through was all needed for me to be here today. You can’t feel for others at rock-bottom if you haven’t been there yourself. You can’t have courage if you haven’t had to fight through your fears. You can’t have strength if you haven’t had to get up time and time again from when life beats you down. You can’t have compassion without suffering. You can’t help others if you haven’t felt helpless. I chose to leave my past behind, I decided my future was more important than holding on, than saying “why me”, than saying “I am tried” No! Say “try me”.
Life tested me and I won, life will be back, life will test me again but I know I have the strength to overcome. You have the strength to overcome. You can not write the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the first one, the first one is not good compared to the rest. Don’t let other hold the pen, don’t let your past publish your book,. This is your story, be brave in writing your story, dream big, know you are strong, so much stronger than you give yourself credit for. Leave the past behind, leave the darkness of your past behind so you can focus on letting in the light of your future, your bright future.

Dear Past,
Thanks for the lesson, thank you for making me who I am today.

Dear Future,
I am ready

https://evhiemenisa..com.ng/2018/03/how-to-leave-past-behind.html

(1) (Reply)

Nursing As A Career / Nigeria Defense Academy / What You Speak, Believe And Feel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.