Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Career As Physiotherapist - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Career As Physiotherapist (715 Views)

I Need The Service Of A Physiotherapist In Onitsha / Should I See A Physiotherapist Or A Chiropractor? / Who Is A Physiotherapist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career As Physiotherapist by Thanks18(m): 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
Physiotherapists are trained professionals working in health care. They are trained to restore mobility, alleviate pain and suffering and work to prevent permanent disability in patients. The job of a physical therapist is preventive, restorative and rehabilitative.
Job Profile:
Test, measure and treat neurological, pulmonary, musculoskeletal and cardiovascular conditions caused due to illness, injury or congenital disorders
Treat healed fracture of bones, sprain, neurological disorders caused by trauma, infection, paralysis etc
Use therapeutic agents like heat, radiation, electricity, water, massage and exercise to cure weak muscles and restore joint movements
Treat muscular aberrations, such as caused in polio, cerebral palsy (damaged motor centers of the brain causing muscular non-coordination, speech disturbances) muscle, joint and bone injuries, chest and heart diseases, etc. in patients of all ages
Work for burn patients for the prevention of abnormal scarring and restricted movement
Work for reviving movement and developing operational independence in stroke patients
Work to improve endurance with cancer and cardiac patients
Give therapy for postural correction and physical improvement
Physical therapists specialize in cardiopulmonary, clinical electrophysiological, neurologic, pediatric, geriatric and sports physical therapy.
Skills required
Organized & Systematic
Precision
Planning & Coordination skills Technical skill and knowledge
Patience & understanding attitude
Professionalism

Source: https://www.shiksha.com/careers/physiotherapist-90
Re: Career As Physiotherapist by cyntobless(f): 8:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
Are you in Lagos
Re: Career As Physiotherapist by Thanks18(m): 8:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
cyntobless:
Are you in Lagos
Yeah, I thought we spoke on phone last week.
Re: Career As Physiotherapist by cyntobless(f): 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
Oh, ok.
Re: Career As Physiotherapist by cyntobless(f): 12:42am On Apr 03, 2018
I want to call you.
Re: Career As Physiotherapist by Thanks18(m): 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2018
You are welcome. You still have my contact no.

(1) (Reply)

5 Signs You Could Be Low In Vitamin D, You Won’t Believe No 1 / JOHESU Strike:the Candid Opinion Of A Uk-based Doctor / Doctor Dies, Others Slump Over Non-payment Of Salaries In Kogi Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.