Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,982 members, 7,852,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

What Do I Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do I Do (817 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do by Kayputin: 5:58am On Mar 20, 2018
Life has been unfair to an extent I feel like she is just out to get at me.

Okay here is my story,

Finished school (tertiary institution) 2014, after the whole NYSC and all, I got a job with a bank as a DSA (you can imagine the pay) just not to lazy around at home, after a year of feeling cheated and unfulfilled, I left the job cause within me I knew I deserved better. I got another one in a bank (same DSA). Mind you at the point of recruitment, we were not given full understanding of what the job entails and since it's one of the leading banks, I felt opportunities might flow in and things might fall in place moreso, I wanted to desperately leave the former job cause the stress and transportation was taking it toil on me.

In this new job, I met a female friend of mine who was my coursemate; a professional staff and here I am as a contract staff with nothing but peanut but I didn't let that get to me, I shrugged it off and kept working even as we are both in the same branch and department. Although we have a good cordial relationship and she doesn't feel the need to boss me around and all that but sometimes down within me I feel bruised and unhappy cause we both left school same year and same set and here I am taking this peanut home.

The straw that broke the camel's back was that just yesterday some new ET were absorbed in and a junior of mine (back in school) was posted to my branch and same department. This new staff(also a female) is a friend to my ex girlfriend's elder sister. We used to be good friends (the four of us). Now I have to report to her at work.

Kindly put this into consideration:
1. Am doing okay even with the peanut being paid, e.g I have my own apartment thanks to the side runs I do alongside my white collar job

2. The job is getting stressful by the day and my supervisor talks to me like I just sit around doing nothing even tried to do it yesterday in front of the new staff but I literally shunned him

3. Am a male, first child with a BSc degree from one of the prestigious universities; I didn't finish with a 3rd class or pass (no offense meant). My ego is being bruised

4. I have applied to different organizations but nothing is coming from them.

Please house what do I do, being thinking and all... This ain't fair on me, I deserve better too. To be candid, I have applied to so many organizations right from when I started managing the previous ones even gone for interviews and am still applying till date. I don't plan to give up but what should I do in a case like this. Should I just resign in shame? Cause ideally this is shameful

Life is really a biacth

Pardon my errors. Advice needed. Thanks
Re: What Do I Do by izzou(m): 6:01am On Mar 20, 2018
grin

Until you realize that life itself is not a competition, you'll continue to feel this way or even worse.

Your classmate and junior in school are way ahead of you. So? undecided

What about your mates that are dead,or were rusticated, or still dey battle with carry overs? Why don't you compare yourself with them, or wish to be like them? You need to be more grateful bros cheesy

Obama became an ex president in his 50s. Buhari became a president in his 70s.

Stop comparing yourself with others. Pursue your dream, let your passion keep driving you and keep your head up.

As for me, I wake up everyday and remind myself of what I will love to be. Whether my friend reach there before me, e no matter

6 Likes

Re: What Do I Do by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:03am On Mar 20, 2018
Keep on with this job for a little time more, before the middle of this year, I see something BIG coming up for you.
It's a bad thing to quit a job, and go back home waiting and hoping.
We all have our ego being bruised most times, but DETERMINATION AND FOCUS are the 2 things that keep us going at that time.
Keep holding on bro.
All da best.......SOON!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do by Homeboiy: 6:04am On Mar 20, 2018
Better go find sales boy work do lipsrsealed
Re: What Do I Do by donstan18: 6:04am On Mar 20, 2018
Mr man, stop saying you deserve better, stop using that as a tool to justify your unwise idea of leaving your job because of your females old friends that were employed to be ahead of you.

I just don't know what university teaches these days, a graduate shouldn't only be academically fit, he/she should be wise, social, versatile, knowledgeable enough on how to be motivating, patient and enduring in whatever he/she encounters in life.

The only problem you have is that the ladies you use to know are in the same working organization, your pride can't let you endure the fact of them being ahead of you, had it been they were your male friends, you won't be this bothered, but you are bothered because they are ladies, who knows what you claimed then in school, you reeks pride, selfishness, not contented, confused and lack of patient. Kindly cut your pride to enjoy your job.

I bet you the next organization you'll go for, you will see your ex-girlfriend as the manager of that fame, you'll keep seeing and meeting all the females you use to know, let's then see how you intend coping since you can't put your pride down to struggle.

4 Likes

Re: What Do I Do by Kayputin: 6:05am On Mar 20, 2018
Homeboiy:
Funny
Re: What Do I Do by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:07am On Mar 20, 2018
Homeboiy:
Not funny!
Re: What Do I Do by gabinogem(m): 6:16am On Mar 20, 2018
Guy, do ur job & keep on planning for the future & be positive...negativities have a way of pulling us down. Just stop thinking negatively.

Those thoughts of u having to work with ur juniors & ex girlfriend sister shouldn't be made a big deal. Stay focused & be professional in ur dealings...

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 20, 2018
Go and do yahoo yahoo or juju-enhanced nairabet.
Re: What Do I Do by Kayputin: 7:05am On Mar 20, 2018
gabinogem:
Guy, do ur job & keep on planning for the future & be positive...negativities have a way of pulling us down. Just stop thinking negatively.

Those thoughts of u having to work with ur juniors & ex girlfriend sister shouldn't be made a big deal. Stay focused & be professional in ur dealings...

Thanks big man
Re: What Do I Do by Kayputin: 7:07am On Mar 20, 2018
post=65987479:
Keep on with this job for a little time more, before the middle of this year, I see something BIG coming up for you.
It's a bad thing to quit a job, and go back home waiting and hoping.
We all have our ego being bruised most times, but DETERMINATION AND FOCUS are the 2 things that keep us going at that time.
Keep holding on bro.
All da best.......SOON!
Thanks
Re: What Do I Do by Kayputin: 7:11am On Mar 20, 2018
donstan18:
Mr man, stop saying you deserve better, stop using that as a tool to justify your unwise idea of leaving your job because of your females old friends that were employed to be ahead of you.

I just don't know what university teaches these days, a graduate shouldn't only be academically fit, he/she should be wise, social, versatile, knowledgeable enough on how to be motivating, patient and enduring in whatever he/she encounters in life.

The only problem you have is that the ladies you use to know are in the same working organization, your pride can't let you endure the fact of them being ahead of you, had it been they were your male friends, you won't be this bothered, but you are bothered because they are ladies, who knows what you claimed then in school, you reeks pride, selfishness, not contented, confused and lack of patient. Kindly cut your pride to enjoy your job.

I bet you the next organization you'll go for, you will see your ex-girlfriend as the manager of that fame, you'll keep seeing and meeting all the females you use to know, let's then see how you intend coping since you can't put your pride down to struggle.

Giving advice doesn't mean you should be bitter about it mate! Well same applies to the male if I found myself in that... I just want a better living condition for myself... Really dont know about you... I just aim high at whatever I do and feel disappointed when I don't get it!

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 20, 2018
Kayputin:

Okay here is my story,

Finished school (tertiary institution) 2014, after the whole NYSC and all, I got a job with a bank as a DSA (you can imagine the pay) just not to lazy around at home, after a year of feeling cheated and unfulfilled, I left the job cause within me I knew I deserved better. I got another one in a bank (same DSA). Mind you at the point of recruitment, we were not given full understanding of what the job entails and since it's one of the leading banks, I felt opportunities might flow in and things might fall in place moreso, I wanted to desperately leave the former job cause the stress and transportation was taking it toil on me.

In this new job, I met a female friend of mine who was my coursemate; a professional staff and here I am as a contract staff with nothing but peanut but I didn't let that get to me, I shrugged it off and kept working even as we are both in the same branch and department. Although we have a good cordial relationship and she doesn't feel the need to boss me around and all that but sometimes down within me I feel bruised and unhappy cause we both left school same year and same set and here I am taking this peanut home.

The straw that broke the camel's back was that just yesterday some new ET were absorbed in and a junior of mine (back in school) was posted to my branch and same department. This new staff(also a female) is a friend to my ex girlfriend's elder sister. We used to be good friends (the four of us). Now I have to report to her at work.

1. Am doing okay even with the peanut being paid, e.g I have my own apartment thanks to the side runs I do alongside my white collar job

2. The job is getting stressful by the day and my supervisor talks to me like I just sit around doing nothing even tried to do it yesterday in front of the new staff but I literally shunned him

3. Am a male, first child with a BSc degree from one of the prestigious universities; I didn't finish with a 3rd class or pass (no offense meant). My ego is being bruised

Please house what do I do, being thinking and all... This ain't fair on me, I deserve better too. To be candid, I have applied to so many organizations right from when I started managing the previous ones even gone for interviews and am still applying till date. I don't plan to give up but what should I do in a case like this. Should I just resign in shame? Cause ideally this is shameful

Life is really a biacth

I am not going to touch on your work relationships (with your colleagues, your ex's friends et al) because those are far trivial matters. I hate seeing guys complain and behaving like sheep. You are a man, act like one. Get your emotions in check. So your juniors in school or former classmates are ahead of you in the workplace- so fvcking what?

I will touch on your complaints about not getting other jobs offers. Have you taken a good look at your CV? What did you study in the University? What types of jobs do you really want? What relevant experience do you have? Have you tailored your CV for those jobs you are interested in? Do you know about 95% of CVs get screened out by the CV Screening softwares (Applicant Tracking Systems-ATS) because they do not meet the criteria requested by the client companies?

Work on yourself, I see from your write-up your confidence level is beginning to take a nose dive, and trust me when you get to a job interview it will show. Focus on yourself and fvck everybody else. Nobody cares about you like you do.

These are the steps I need you to take:

1. Work on your CV (or get someone to do it for you)- Optimize the CV to be able pass the CV screening softwares
2. Work on your LinkedIn profile or create one if you don't have
3. Improve on your Job Interview skills
4. Change your interview wardrobe- get a good suit

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do by id4sho(m): 7:15am On Mar 20, 2018
Kayputin:

Okay here is my story,

Life is really a biacth

Thank God you are hail and hearty. Self fulfillment is not a joke .Getting a good paid employment is becoming a hard nut to crack, i want you to step up your side hustle and save part of your salary and start planning and investing in a business you are passionate about before resigning.Get a feasible/Biz plan and a good SWOT ANALYSIS. it will all be history someday, life itself is a struggle .The struggle continues

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do by Kayputin: 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
id4sho:

Thank God you are hail and hearty. Self fulfillment is not a joke .Getting a good paid employment is becoming a hard nut to crack, i want you to step up your side hustle and save part of your salary and start planning and investing in a business you are passionate about before resigning.Get a feasible/Biz plan and a good SWOT ANALYSIS. it will all be history someday, life itself is a struggle .The struggle continues

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Don't Let Anyone Kiss You This Week. / Lovely day / 'After Been a Hoe for 6yrs & 33 Abortions He Proposed to Me'- Lady Boast(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.