Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. (2642 Views)

Epe Landfill Designed To Avoid Olusosun's Shortfalls --visionscape Boss / The Cowardly Campaign Of Calumny Against Visionscape / Visionscape Distributes New Waste Bins To Homes And Offices In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by yeankhar49: 11:30am On Mar 20, 2018
1. The PSPs were responsible for clearing waste from the residences and markets
2. The cart pushers also held sway
3. The cart pushers allegedly dumped waste everywhere
4. The PSPs got rid of their own waste at the dump sites, the prominent was Olusosun.
5. There was no effective way to manage waste
6. No good recycling system. No efficient waste sorting system
7. Leachate from dumped waste poisoned our waters
8. LASG in its wisdom came up with the Cleaner Lagos Initiative
9. The role of Visionscape in the CLI was to manage only domestic waste. The PSPs were to handle commercial waste
10. Nobody's contract was terminated as reported in this report.
11. The PSPs screamed blue murder and stopped collecting waste from the neighbourhoods and residences. They took govt to court
12. Meanwhile, Visionscape was bringing in its equipment and resources and preparing to fulfil its mandate of clearing and managing the waste from the residences.
13. It was to start the actual collection waste in January this year.
14. But government requested Visionscape to help clear the backlog of refuse that the PSPs had left uncollected and also to help get rid of new waste being generated
15. Visionscape obliged and diverted its resources meant for the clearing of domestic waste into handling commercial waste too.
16. Now that the dust is settling and many of the PSPs, now called WCOs, Visionscape is now coming back to its original mandate of clearing from the residences without leaving the markets totally.
17. It has acquired/ still acquiring more equipment to now handle residential waste since the initial equipment was diverted into the management of commercial waste at the request of the LASG.

18. Gradually but steadily, Visionscape is fulfilling its mandate and will soon commence a door-to-door collection of waste as it will soon stabilise

19. Soon, everything will stabilise and we will all see.

20. Already transfer loading stations are being constructed by Visionscape at some places in Lagos

21. The Epe landfill being constructed by Visionscape, is the first of it's kind in West Africa.

Get your facts right, please.

Lalasticlala Seun

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by beehazel1: 11:57am On Mar 20, 2018
Oh I see. This thing is now clear to me oh. Ha this is enough reason why Visionscape should be given time na. Cause Me I thought It was the work of Visionscape Initially to be in charge of the whole waste management in Lagos, I didn't know they were to only manage domestic waste. Awwwn I hope people get to read this and understand better sha cause the thing no easy [q1uote author=yeankhar49 post=65995249]1. The PSPs were responsible for clearing waste from the residences and markets
4. The PSPs got rid of their own waste at the dump sites, the prominent was Olusosun.
9. The role of Visionscape in the CLI was to manage only domestic waste. The PSPs were to handle commercial waste
11. The PSPs screamed blue murder and stopped collecting waste from the neighbourhoods and residences. They took govt to court
12. Meanwhile, Visionscape was bringing in its equipment and resources and preparing to fulfil its mandate of clearing and managing the waste from the residences.
14. But government requested Visionscape to help clear the backlog of refuse that the PSPs had left uncollected and also to help get rid of new waste being generated
15. Visionscape obliged and diverted its resources meant for the clearing of domestic waste into handling commercial waste too.
16. Now that the dust is settling and many of the PSPs, now called WCOs, Visionscape is now coming back to its original mandate of clearing from the residences without leaving the markets totally.
17. It has acquired/ still acquiring more equipment to now handle residential waste since the initial equipment was diverted into the management of commercial waste at the request of the LASG.

18. Gradually but steadily, Visionscape is fulfilling its mandate and will soon commence a door-to-door collection of waste as it will soon stabilise

20. Already transfer loading stations are being constructed by Visionscape at some places in Lagos

21. The Epe landfill being constructed by Visionscape, is the first of it's kind in West Africa.

Lalasticlala Seun [/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by Damorela00: 11:57am On Mar 20, 2018
Wow.... these facts tho.. I didn't even know there is more to this issue that meets the eye.. I've always been an ardent critic of visio capes or so that's handling the waste, now my eye don clear oo... thumbs up guys, I'll try snap some pictures on my way out to see if things are really changing as per waste cleaned up off our streets

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by Spreezatura: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2018
Saw this on my way out this morning at Ọba Adeyinka Avenue, ikoyi..... These cleaner Lagos people are really trying, we should give them time and support them as much as we can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by beehazel1: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
Oh I see. This thing is now clear to me oh. Ha this is enough reason why Visionscape should be given time na. Cause Me I thought It was the work of Visionscape Initially to be in charge of the whole waste management in Lagos, I didn't know they were to only manage domestic waste. Awwwn I hope people get to read this and understand better sha cause the thing no easy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by tybaba8(m): 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
Wow... These facts are so convincing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by yeankhar49: 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
Damorela00:
Wow.... these facts tho.. I didn't even know there is more to this issue that meets the eye.. I've always been an ardent critic of visio capes or so that's handling the waste, now my eye don clear oo... thumbs up guys, I'll try snap some pictures on my way out to see if things are really changing as per waste cleaned up off our streets
its visionscape bro...most people think the PSPs were phased out, but No they weren't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by UrbanCulture06: 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
Mehn,this is enlightening..i use to see them around sef and because I don't know much until now I do not appreciate all the efforts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by beehazel1: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
Yeah right. I think this is why many people esp me thought the Visionscape was a scam because I didn't know PSP was not scraped out. This information has helped though. Nice one�

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by yeankhar49: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
Spreezatura:
Saw this on my way out this morning at Ọba Adeyinka Avenue, ikoyi..... These cleaner Lagos people are really trying, we should give them time and support them as much as we can
oh..thought I was the only one who saw this road...it was a mess before now, cant even believe that the roads can be this clean...I'm sure that they will clean more areas shortly grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by itzKonani: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
Well this facts are interesting and I think they are also valid coming from where I stay. I could see that this vision escape people are really trying sha. I don't see dirt in my area like I used to before. I just pray this continues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by UrbanCulture06: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
After reading this, I decided to snap them and celebrate them...i use to see them around sef and because I don't know much until now I do not appreciate all the efforts

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by tybaba8(m): 12:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
Was thinking same too. My thoughts about cleaner Lagos Don change
beehazel1:
Yeah right. I think this is why many people esp me thought the Visionscape was a scam because I didn't know PSP was not scraped out. This information has helped though. Nice one�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by OlisaOsega87: 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2018
These facts are interesting ones really but my question is this, why exactly are people fighting this noble initiative? is it that we don't like good things or laudable projects like this in this part of the world? it's really baffling see certain comments online, people antagonizing this initiative and I begin to wonder, when will we ever get it right in this part of the world??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by Damorela00: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for the correction...
I don't really know their name tho, I just use to see visio "something"..
And the facts u dug out tho, shocked I didn't even know they are only handling dosmestic wastes and that PSPs weren't phased out shocked ... I used to think otherwise and I was still blasting them this morn ooo while arguing with a friend of mine sef...

yeankhar49:
its visionscape bro...most people think the PSPs were phased out, but No they weren't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by yeankhar49: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
yeankhar49:
1. The PSPs were responsible for clearing waste from the residences and markets

Lalasticlala Seun
just passed through this place now.....this is Surulere, these guys are working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by beehazel1: 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
If only everyone would do this, I'm sure more people will begin to see that they are working. I see them on my way to work everyday and I don't bother cause I had the feeling it was just on the Island alone. My perception has changed though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by maeshal(m): 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
Forget this cleaner lagos initiative, i have given up them. I told them about a month ago about the waste at sunrise bus stop along oshodi apapa expressway and till now nothing has been done. The entire stretch of that road is a disaster and yet these guys keep sweeping places that require little or no attention, let them keep deceiving themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by Damorela00: 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
I believe it's because we all want a clean of dirt Lagos and we want it fast, like very very fast and there's no harm in that.. some of us just need proper education and info on the status quo and how visiocape is driving the cleaner Lagos initiative so we can be patient enough... .
Govt should do more on educating the larger populace, this will help us all

OlisaOsega87:
These facts are interesting ones really but my question is this, why exactly are people fighting this noble initiative? is it that we don't like good things or laudable projects like this in this part of the world? it's really baffling see certain comments online, people antagonizing this initiative and I begin to wonder, when will we ever get it right in this part of the world??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by OlisaOsega87: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
E say visio capes LMFAO na Visionscape my guy. But the truth is have been encountering them more frequently these days, They're almost everywhere.

Damorela00:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by Damorela00: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
I used to think like this too aswear,
1question for you is "did you communicate with the right authorities concerning this waste you witnessed?"
So it can be attended to?

I still blasted them this morning wen I was arguing with a friend of mine but he was yarning some tangible infos about cleaner Lagos before I got further understanding on it..
then, this facts I saw up here. I think the initiative is good yeah but we as Lagosians should be patient and criticize constructively enough to make it work...
We should not badmouth it, it's a step in the right direction

maeshal:
Forget this cleaner lagos initiative, i have given up them. I told them about a month ago about the waste at sunrise bus stop along oshodi apapa expressway and till now nothing has been done. The entire stretch of that road is a disaster and yet these guys keep sweeping places that require little or no attention, let them keep deceiving themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by itzKonani: 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
After wey I read this facts cold catch me. so na these psps no cooperate with lagos come dey make Visionscape look like say dem no dey do anything. Omo I don tire for this people ah swear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by OlisaOsega87: 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
Took this picture of them few days ago when I saw them at Ikoyi. I know some places are still dirty but let's remember Rome was not built in a day.

yeankhar49:
just passed through this place now.....this is Surulere, these guys are working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by yeankhar49: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2018
maeshal:
guy, maybe you called the wrong line....this is the number I called last week when I saw a dirty spot at Ketu 0800-87-92783 .....its free, and someone is ready to pick it everytime.....and within two days, they cleaned up the area

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by Damorela00: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
I see them everywhere too lol but I dnt usually save their name in my head lol....
They seem like they're the only ones clearing all the waste in Lagos, correct me if I'm wrong please....

OlisaOsega87:
E say visio capes LMFAO na Visionscape my guy. But the truth is have been encountering them more frequently these days, They're almost everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by chicwoman(f): 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
Wow

So there are the facts. Everything looked like government propaganda sha, because I don't understand why heaps of waste started flooding Lagos as soon as they came in. It looked planned. I hope the visionscape people's contract work out well. We really need infrastructure in Lagos state. So many people live here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by OlisaOsega87: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
I think everyone sees them but they want them to do everything at once which is almost impossible. I think it will take time and all but we need to support them.

beehazel1:
If only everyone would do this, I'm sure more people will begin to see that they are working. I see them on my way to work everyday and I don't bother cause I had the feeling it was just on the Island alone. My perception has changed though.
Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by chicwoman(f): 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
Lalasticlala

Mynd44

What do you guys think o
Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by beehazel1: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
My brother no be only you the thing tire. It was cause of the things I saw online that made me even conclude that they werent working cause i see them everyday but I just used to think maybe na one place dem dey always dey.
Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by Spreezatura: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
itzKonani:
After wey I read this facts cold catch me. so na these psps no cooperate with lagos come dey make Visionscape look like say dem no dey do anything. Omo I don tire for this people ah swear
Na so me sef shock, make we sha dey observe
Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by maeshal(m): 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2018
I have tweeted at them severally, even called them and each time they will give the same answer that they will attend to it so i gave up
Damorela00:
I used to think like this too aswear,
1question for you is "did you communicate with the right authorities concerning this waste you witnessed?"
So it can be attended to?

I still blasted them this morning wen I was arguing with a friend of mine but he was yarning some tangible infos about cleaner Lagos before I got further understanding on it..
then, this facts I saw up here. I think the initiative is good yeah but we as Lagosians should be patient and criticize constructively enough to make it work...
We should not badmouth it, it's a step in the right direction

Re: Facts About Visionscape And The Cleaner Lagos Initiative. by tybaba8(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2018
That's just one location L. Doesn't mean they are not working. These places were dirty before cleaner Lagos Initiative stated, so I wonder how they can just clear that so fast like you expect.
Give them time to gather momentum. They are working
Rome wasn't built in a day.
maeshal:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plant Of Wonder (episode One) / Photos: Meet Woman With Four Legs And Two Private Parts / Lagos State Ambulance Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.