Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? (4712 Views)

If You Have The Chance, Which Will You Pick :tecno Camon 20 Or Spark 10 Pro? / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Tecno Mobile Launches Full Display Screen Smartphone, ‘CAMON CM’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 3:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
Which should you pick, the Camon CM or Redmi 5? Well, here is a detailed comparison between both devices. More interestingly is the recent interest of Xiaomi in Nigeria smartphone market; #more competition, #more sense for Transion Mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th7935jU25w

Main Camera Samples

[b]Pricing and Final Verdicts
[/b]The starting price for the Camon CM/Camon I with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage is $125, while the Redmi 5 with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage can go as low as $119.

If you read through every sections above, you'll discovered that the Tecno Camon CM is a worthy contender against the Xiaomi Redmi 5. But the smartphone was just let down in areas that is most important, which is CPU performance and price. Hardly will any geek or smartphone user choose Mediatek MT6737H quad-core SoC over the more fire-breathing Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core CPU.

So, if you are looking for a mid-range smartphone to handle all your gaming and graphical needs without compromising audio output, then the Xiaomi Redmi 5 is for you.

On the other hand, if you are crazy about selfies and low-light shots, and want a smartphone you can hold for a very long time without having pains on your wrist, then....(you can complete the rest story).

Full Review Article: https://www.droidafrica.net/tecno-camon-cm-tecno-camon-i-vs-xiaomi-redmi-5/
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by pyrex23(m): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
nothing beats snapdragon... the camon has a better camera tho
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
pyrex23:
nothing beats snapdragon...
the camon has a better camera tho
Agreed, but are you sure about the bolded?
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by iheartellah(m): 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
I sort of prefer the xiaomi's camera tho. It focuses much better than the tecno camon.
Definitely gonna be my next phone!!
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2018
iheartellah:
I sort of prefer the xiaomi's camera tho. It focuses much better than the tecno camon.
Definitely gonna be my next phone!!
Great Choice

2 Likes

Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by Behankey(m): 11:53pm On Mar 20, 2018
pyrex23:
nothing beats snapdragon...
the camon has a better camera tho
Yeah. The camera is actually nice
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 7:12am On Mar 21, 2018
Behankey:
Yeah. The camera is actually nice
Camon CM also has great display too
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by Behankey(m): 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Camon CM also has great display too
Yeah. Superb
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by bravesoul247(m): 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
The Camon has a very good camera. I feel you'll enjoy the Camon CM Sha.
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
bravesoul247:
The Camon has a very good camera. I feel you'll enjoy the Camon CM Sha.
Which of the devices do you own?
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by bravesoul247(m): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Which of the devices do you own?
Camon CM bro
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by frankyvalll(m): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2018
tecno can never compare to xiaomi in any way
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
bravesoul247:
Camon CM bro
Until you try Redmi 5
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
frankyvalll:
tecno can never compare to xiaomi in any way
They will not understand!

1 Like

Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by fibonacci2526: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
talk2ekpa:

They will not understand!

It's like comparing sleep with death. Tecno and infinix products are way overpriced.
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 4:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

It's like comparing sleep with death. Tecno and infinix products are way overpriced.
Seriously...I laughed in Hindi when I heard Infinix Hot S3 with snapdragon 430 retails at 64k in Nigeria, and some persons are calling it reasonable price sad

2 Likes

Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by fibonacci2526: 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Seriously...I laughed in Hindi when I heard Infinix Hot S3 with snapdragon 430 retails at 64k in Nigeria, and some persons are calling it reasonable price sad

Na infinix and tecno dey feed them Na. So what do you expect?
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by jetz(m): 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
y una dy compare bicycle(tecno cm) with a functional car(xiaomi redmi 5) i wonder when dis tecno spell will leave Nigerians...Xiaomi all the way
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by bamac(m): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2018
For me, the redmi does it. However, you can check my signature to order any from Jumia.
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by henry007(m): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2018
Nice comparison
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by jetz(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
talk2ekpa:
Which should you pick, the Camon CM or Redmi 5? Well, here is a detailed comparison between both devices. More interestingly is the recent interest of Xiaomi in Nigeria smartphone market; #more competition, #more sense for Transion Mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th7935jU25w

Main Camera Samples

[b]Pricing and Final Verdicts
[/b]The starting price for the Camon CM/Camon I with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage is $125, while the Redmi 5 with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage can go as low as $119.

If you read through every sections above, you'll discovered that the Tecno Camon CM is a worthy contender against the Xiaomi Redmi 5. But the smartphone was just let down in areas that is most important, which is CPU performance and price. Hardly will any geek or smartphone user choose Mediatek MT6737H quad-core SoC over the more fire-breathing Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core CPU.

So, if you are looking for a mid-range smartphone to handle all your gaming and graphical needs without compromising audio output, then the Xiaomi Redmi 5 is for you.

On the other hand, if you are crazy about selfies and low-light shots, and want a smartphone you can hold for a very long time without having pains on your wrist, then....(you can complete the rest story).

Full Review Article: https://www.droidafrica.net/tecno-camon-cm-tecno-camon-i-vs-xiaomi-redmi-5/
in you video review u said the tecno cm is more richer in color whereas its a bit over exposed and over saturated while compared to the xiaomi redmi 5 that also comes into play while making a precise decision over which is better cos from wah i ve seen on other youtube channel on camera n video recording xiaomi does it like a childs play
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Na infinix and tecno dey feed them Na. So what do you expect?
Well, in my opinion, Nigeria Tech bloggers and Vlogers should try to always be sincere, especially considering their vast knowledge of trending smartphone pricing across other markets.

Lets dish out the simple truth to our readers and followers. When I review the Camon CM, I was simple and blunt on the unreasonable pricing. If that is what will make Tecno never to send me a review unit, no problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU7CKHxjTro&t=483s
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
henry007:
Nice comparison
Thanks boss. I'm following
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
jetz:
in you video review u said the tecno cm is more richer in color whereas its a bit over exposed and over saturated while compared to the xiaomi redmi 5 that also comes into play while making a precise decision over which is better cos from wah i ve seen on other youtube channel on camera n video recording xiaomi does it like a childs play
Well, I know my review videos are still very far from perfection, however, I try to be unbiased as much as possible. If you hold both phones, you'll definitely notice the difference in screen quality. But like I said in the Video, Camon CM does well in low light short. But Redmi 5 takes the lead in full day light.
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by jetz(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Well, I know my review videos are still very far from perfection, however, I try to be unbiased as much as possible. If you hold both phones, you'll definitely notice the difference in screen quality. But like I said in the Video, Camon CM does well in low light short. But Redmi 5 takes the lead in full day light.
yeah aint easy to do a review
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
jetz:
yeah aint easy to do a review
Seriously
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by tafat: 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
I'll go for the camon cm
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 5:34am On Mar 26, 2018
tafat:
I'll go for the camon cm
Why?
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by fibonacci2526: 7:15am On Mar 26, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Why?

lolll, one of the tecno marketers. He has no reason for choosing tecno. Even if you bring Samsung s9 versus any tecno, he will go for tecno. lollll.

1 Like

Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by talk2ekpa(m): 7:17am On Mar 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

lolll, one of the tecno marketers. He has no reason for choosing tecno. Even if you bring Samsung s9 versus any tecno, he will go for tecno. lollll.
grin grin grin
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by Oluwadare316(m): 11:02am On Apr 05, 2018
talk2ekpa:
Until you try Redmi 5
. yeah, go for the redmi 5
Re: Which Should You Pick: Tecno Camon CM Or Xiaomi Redmi 5? by BoyLikeEze(m): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2018
grin

Patiently waiting for a review of "camon x vs redmi 5" ...I heard helio p23 is better than SD 450

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visafone Nigeria Launch Blackberry Services / Which Mobile Browser Is Your Favorite And Why? / How To Root Infinix X351

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.