Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Urine Therapy: - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Urine Therapy: (2515 Views)

What Do You Think Of Urine Therapy? / Worst Weight Loss Remedy - Urine Therapy / Urine Therapy - Perfect Cure for all Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urine Therapy: by Mikolo(m): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2005
I want to know if anyone have tried Urine Therapy?

I read in one of the health magazine concerning the medicinal value of one own urine. Thou i was a little scared to give it a trial, because of the perception i have, that urine is poisonous. I decided to give it a trial oneday with a little sip of my urine. I was expecting to starts developing illness thereafter, but to my amazement, i did not. Since then, i have been a regularly user of it, , although i had a little gag at the initial stage, but i get over it and it has been giving me excellent result ever since. Through the use of it, i discovered a lot of benefit one can derive from it.

I would like to know your opinion on it?
Re: Urine Therapy: by alheri(f): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2005
mikolo, congratulations oh! Ive heard about it, from my teacher in secondary school. She said it cured her of cancer. I wish i could do it cos it will save me alot of money on antibioitics grin But just the thot of it gets me eewww.
Re: Urine Therapy: by Seun(m): 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2005
Yeah right. If urine was so wonderful, why does the body pass it out as waste instead of redirecting it to the digestive system? What are the 'benefits' you have observed from the urine and how are you sure the urine is responsible for those benefits?
Re: Urine Therapy: by Greatpeter(m): 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2005
I was working in one private hospital in Ondo state sometimes and a woman was brought in, we admitted her on bed.
But to my suprise when she was getting herself back she said she would like to ease herself so we wanted to give her bedpan
she rejected it and opted to use her own basin so we left her to use it.
So they wanted to help her empty it in the toilet she refused and to my suprise for the very first time she wanted to drink it.
So they called me and I disallowed her from taking it.

I have heard about the wonders of urine as claimed by the users but I don't know how it works.
No backing whatsoever.
So i won't allow anyone to do that in my hospital.
Re: Urine Therapy: by ALHAMBRA(m): 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2006
FYI

"For almost the entire course of the 20th century, unknown to the public, doctors and medical researchers have been proving in both laboratory and clinical testing that our own urine is an enormous source of vital nutrients, vitamins, hormones, enzymes and critical antibodies that cannot be duplicated or derived from any other source. They use urine for healing cancer, heart disease, allergies, auto-immune diseases, diabetes, asthma, infertility, infections, wounds and on and on -- yet we're taught that urine is a toxic waste product. This discrepancy between the medical truth and the public information regarding urine is ludicrous and, as the news releases you've just read demonstrate, can mean the difference between life and death to you and to your loved ones"

Site: www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine.htm

With kind regards,
Re: Urine Therapy: by layi(m): 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2006
If its not toxic, why is it excreted?

If our body needs it, it would have been absorbed back into the system.

Urine is waste and remains waste.
Re: Urine Therapy: by nferyn(m): 2:47pm On Jan 14, 2006
This is not information, but desinformation.
The only possible use I can see is to clean out wounds when nothing else is available (e.g. battlefield conditions)
Maybe layi can shed more light on this
Re: Urine Therapy: by layi(m): 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2006
nferyn:

This is not information, but desinformation.
The only possible use I can see is to clean out wounds when nothing else is available (e.g. battlefield conditions)
Maybe layi can shed more light on this

Native Eskimo people are but one of many cultures to use fresh urine as an antiseptic, and certain tribes of central Africa who mix it with mud to form a paste which relieves insect bites.

Let me expantiate

While it is true that some of the constituents of urine are being used and tested for their potential or actual therapeutic value, it does not follow that drinking one's urine is therapeutic. It may be discovered that one of the chemicals in human urine is effective for fighting cancer. However, drinking one's own urine is not likely going to supply enough of any cancer fighting substance to do any good.
It is also true that some of the substances in urine are good for you. For example, if you are ingesting more vitamin C (a water soluble vitamin) than your body needs or can process, you will excrete it in your urine. It doesn't follow that drinking your urine is a good way to get vitamin C into your body. An orange or a tablet might be preferable. However, if you are urinating excess vitamin C, what do you think your body will do with the vitamin C you ingest with your urine? Ift would get rid of it. The reason your urine contains vitamins and minerals is because your body didn't need them or couldn't use them. You might as well pour water into a full glass as reuptake your excess vitamins and minerals.

However the pratical uses of urine i know of are outside the body
Tanning Hides
Color Dying
Bleaching
Curing Tobacco
Restoring Color To Coral And Odor To Musk
Cheese making (not too good though)
Manufacturing "gold glue", aka chrysocollon
Removing Ink Stains
Salt Peter For Gun Powder
Hair Shampoo
Face And Body Wash
As An Ingredient In Cosmetics And Shampoo
Washing Cooking Utensils & Food/Drink Vessels
Re: Urine Therapy: by nferyn(m): 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2006
Layi, I'm in awe for your knowledge ... you haven't been asking your older brother google now, have you wink
Re: Urine Therapy: by layi(m): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2006
Sure I did but that was just for (some of) the uses.  wink

I dont claim to know what i dont know cos questions may come up. So if i make a post. Its gotta be in my head.

Seems u've sized me up already and know the extent of my knowledge. Now i'm scared. undecided
Re: Urine Therapy: by ALHAMBRA(m): 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2006
Layi,

Your input is great. Thanks. I shall try a couple of the things you suggested that urine can do, especially in regards to cleaning stains.

With kind regards,
Re: Urine Therapy: by dejiolowe: 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2006
urine therapy is crap. all those benefits are due to the placebo phenomenon.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Tone My Skin / How To Use Banana Peel To Whiten Teeth. / Benefits Of Playing Memory Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.