Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (27701 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Family / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Delivar(m): 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2018
Papiikush:
I will like to type what I had in mind but... You be soldier. No worry
Na because you get display photo grin grin
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:

Just secondary school certificate and you can type and construct a good sentence...please just further your education and drop that uniform. Really, not everyone is destined to be a fighter...do it now before it is too late.
u learn to read and write in primary school not uni
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Pangea: 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
My brother, you don't realize the opportunity that life handed you?
Every journey of a man is for a reason!
My advice for you is to curate your experience and the experience of your fellow soldiers and write a blockbuster book!
Hollywood will soon aproach you to turn your book into a movie!

Okonjo Iweala's son that had never experience combat wrote a book by watching Liberian civil war, the book was turned into an award winning movie, Beast of no nation!

Abeg, write a book and sell it to netflix, they will turn it into a movie and you will be rich and famous!

2 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by kapelvej: 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
EmmaJohn12345:
I never dreamt of being a soldier when I was growing up. My dream was going into showbiz ;majoring in acting. At the age of 12 I was already writing scripts to be acted in our secondary school drama club of which I was always being casted as the lead role because of my level of talent and my ability to improvise when acting on stage. On the long run, I was only able to finish my secondary education and things went south.

I ended up in the army 2012. Initially I thought I would be able to come to the Army and sponsor my education but loo and behold what I met was something different. I came to realize that the Army is only enjoyed by the commission officers. The other ranks are just labourers in military uniform.

Frustration set in. All my plans and dreams are just vanishing before my eyes. I have attempted suicide for close to four times. And the thought is still overwhelming. I feel like run away from the Army and follow my dreams because being the Army is doing more harm than good. Pls advice me.
in box me.
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Soteriahascome: 11:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
I won't even advise a friend to join Nigerian army.

I can only advise an enemy to join through dssc or any other advanced way. And if e no bi airforce no join ooo

grin grin
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by obidaddy: 11:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
stagger:

Have you thought of applying for study leave? Like 5 years with pay? Try it. Then come back and work on getting commissioned though if you are a southerner in this dispensation, it will be very hard indeed.
By then, you would have passed the 10 year mark. If they don't commission you, drop the uniform. At least you will be collecting pension. Then you can pursue your dream or start a security company. There are many short courses in South Africa run by Israelis that teach security skills and other stuff used by ex combatants.

Blackwater in the US was setup by an ex marine. Personnel have all had some military experience. They provide security for embassies and logistics for refugee food and stuff, all paid for in millions of dollars.

See your time in the army as a time to pick up skills that may not benefit you india mike mike in terms of money or promotion, but will feed u later. Skills in weapons and tactics, recce, surveillance, tracking, int, etc.

Do a lot of research. You will have a reason to live and you will not mind the present stress. It is a means to an end.

Thank me later.

Thank you for the wonderful response. I can see you are a service man.
But Op may naturally not have no flair whatsoever for basic infantry skills, talk more of recce et al.

As has been earlier advised, he should consider study leave by hook or crook, plan his schedule well with discipline and study rigorously.
Get admission into higher institution, and if possible get to the 10 years mark to guarantee him pension which would help sustain him while he find his feet.
Skills like video editing and video making he can also acquire and build good rapport with civilians in the field he hopes to practice.
Yomi Sars comes to mind, he is a police officer and also into show biz.

Op think well and pray hard even fast for God to help you make the right decision.

I am glad you survived Boko haram, but i pray you act fast before you are deployed back to north east or other flash points. Soldiers are being killed like chickens anyhow lately.

The earlier you leave the better.
Peace be with you sir.

2 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:

Just secondary school certificate and you can type and construct a good sentence...please just further your education and drop that uniform. Really, not everyone is destined to be a fighter...do it now before it is too late.

So u termed a whole 12yrs of vigorous studies.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by BdorianGray(m): 11:38pm On Mar 20, 2018
doyinbaby:
How would you sustain yourself. Before you find your feet....

Was ganna ask same... Very good question.
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by greatbuc(m): 11:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
For a country like this! I actually pity not fear our soldiers. Just like hunger games what this country is turning into.
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by XX01(f): 11:46pm On Mar 20, 2018
Take study leave and go to school. I had classmates like that.
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by BdorianGray(m): 11:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
MissRaine69:
If you had managed to achieve what you wanted to achieve by being in the army you would not feel this way right?
What if you had gone and done what you had hopped to do and it had not worked out I will hazard a guess and say these feelings would most likely manifest regardless.
You are depressed and in a depressed state of mind it’s very difficult to look at circumstances. You have a job at a time when most do not. Is it the job that you wanted? No! How are you going to change your circumstances run away? Or leave? If you leave how are you goong to support yourself? And are you being realistic to your self?

Get treatment for how you feel and then when you are
able to be more perceptive plan how you want to live post army life. Many are in situations that they don’t want to be, it’s purely necessity.

Keep trying to end your life and one day you might suceed there is no coming back from that or worse you might fail and end up with more physical health issues/ paralysis who will take care of you then? And where will the money come from? Our situations don’t change us we change our situations.

Rannie...imagine the long epistle riddled with "grammer" wey u dey write for d poor Guy...This one no go confuse am more..

Is this meant to be some G&C session or what... Be careful oh...
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by dmostcheerful(f): 11:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
taylor89:
Hmmm

Bro i feel ur pain and i know 90% of those in the Army was due to unemployment

Now I've two questions to ask theee...

Are you among those that killed the armless IPOB agitators?

Are you in the military to intimate the civilians?

If non of the above then God will hear your cry

If you are involved in the number one above then there's a thunder currently drinking dry gin in Ejigbo waiting to do the needful

If you are free my only advice for you is to find a way and shoot BUHARI and run away

You will be handsomely rewarded here on earth and in heaven

Thanks

Hahahahahaha, you are so damn naught.
This got me rolling on the floor ���

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Mobsync(m): 11:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
EmmaJohn12345:
Bro.... I joined the Army with the hope of sponsoring myself to school... I have never had the thought of molesting anybody nor intimidating people. And God can bear me witness that I have never shed an innocent blood.... I have only served in maiduguri and presently serving in kaduna.

You already know your problem. All you need is to turn away and leave.

It will be hard especially if you have no source of income, job and skills. Family members can help you out too but not forever.

I was hoping to apply for SSC when it comes out this year and become a commissioned officer but I have already changed my mind about that. I can only go for the shortlisting but it will just be for the fun of it. I won't go even if I am shortlisted.

The Nigerian Armed Forces and paramilitary especially the Army and Police are too messed up for the NCOs. Even the so-called officers especially the junior ranks without strong godfathers and top-ranking parents are not finding it easy.

One more thing: Ignore those IPOB dudes. All they do all day is trolling around and constituting a nuisance to themselves and the forum.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by YoungDaddyB: 11:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
honestly, leave the army but save something because when you come to the real world, it's a little harsh actually a lot harsh.
my advice start a barbing saloon, mtn business, provision store just something that can hold you while you're unemployed because if you don't your adding fuel to the suicide. after starting up a small business, don't rush into acting, take your time now that you are fully invested in gunning for acting, remove all distrations, like drugs, alcohol, too much girls, negative friends, cut down on sex , excessive spending and re-strategize your life because your starting all over. follow actors and show biz people that inspire you and learn from them, watch a lot of movies and learn more acting both from local and foreign films. go for auditions every day but don't over do it because it can bring back the depression.
when anybody tells you you're crazy for your life decisions, just say to you're self, I know who I am, only the lens of the camera sees accurately the picture it wants to capture. so see your picture and go for it. if you're a christian I won't tell you to go to church all day but talk to God once in while and have friends that have similar visions and dreams like you. Goodluck and God see you tru

2 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Coolgent(m): 12:01am On Mar 21, 2018
taylor89:
Hmmm

If you are involved in the number one above then there's a thunder currently drinking dry gin in Ejigbo waiting to do the needful

If you are free my only advice for you is to find a way and shoot BUHARI and run away

Thanks
this comment may take u to jail.
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Lifesummary: 12:05am On Mar 21, 2018
Young man listen up, I joined army few years before you, with same intention as yours but it didn't work as I intended, I tried to secure study leave, no connection, I managed to gain admission in a nearby polytechnic (school of evening studies, spat) they frustrated me with outside duties until I went to peacekeeping mission in Liberia, came back then tried to leave, they said no, me said yes and left in peace. It is a crime to leave without proper procedures but my brother Army won't look for you as long as you didn't runaway with there rifle, and you maintain a peaceful lifestyle that won't result into investigation of any kind. You are too young in the job, they won't accept your resignation now, except you are willing to wait for 10 years (or there about) in service before submitting your resignation letter. Army work is not kinda work for those that has dreams, if you can think outside the box then army work isn't for you. As I type now, I'm few borders away from Nigeria. Why kill yourself over what you can do away with? Army work commands respect and you wouldn't like to give up such respect, if you can't stand the ..... you can make it a secret with only your family knowing about that, others will still see you as a soldier. I visited Nigeria 2015 And went straight to the police station to release my younger brother from detention with my "soldier influence", once a soldier is always a soldier. Stop giving details of your location. You know what I think? I think you are just seeking for unnecessary attention because you knows what to do but if I'm wrong, just leave in peace, and before you leave please and please make sure you plan well with some savings so as not to regret it, the worst thing is to go back to your vomit. Good luck

6 Likes

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Meekha(m): 12:06am On Mar 21, 2018
Bro I can feel ur pains
We have all been there. we have all chased "dreams" which we later discovered are not our true passion! or have come to that point where we regret our rash decisions due to the very circumstances we were facing then!
But in any case, there is still hope. Suicide is never an option. Its spells selfishness on ur part for those u are going to leave behind. You are a brave man I believe. This is the time to do and to chase whatever dreams you have for its only by doing so that this world will reward you if not you will never have that "inner peace"
My heart is with u bro and for many others who are uncertain/confused about their purpose in life!
You can reach me via this connection
08150842923 or mika.ms60@gmail.com
Will be there for u as a frnd/companion in these time when u need direction most.
Thanks to you
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Kennytexxkkk: 12:09am On Mar 21, 2018
LesbianBoy:
Baba no lie you dey fear make dem no carry you go kano lipsrsealed
He was posted in maidugiri before.
Kano na small chops

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Meekha(m): 12:11am On Mar 21, 2018
Bro I can feel ur pains
We have all been there. we have all chased "dreams" which we later discovered are not our true passion! or have come to that point where we regret our rash decisions due to the very circumstances we were facing then!
But in any case, there is still hope. Suicide is never an option. Its spells selfishness on ur part for those u are going to leave behind. You are a brave man I believe. This is the time to do and to chase whatever dreams you have for its only by doing so that this world will reward you if not you will never have that "inner peace"
My heart is with u bro and for many others who are uncertain/confused about their purpose in life!
You can reach me via this connection mika.ms60@gmail.com
Will be there for u as a frnd/companion in these time when u need direction most.
Thanks to you

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Kennytexxkkk: 12:11am On Mar 21, 2018
kissJust get out of the military in any possible way you can but not by suicide. I rather die than serving this useless nation.
I wish you the best of luck
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by MissRaine69(f): 12:16am On Mar 21, 2018
BdorianGray:

Rannie...imagine the long epistle riddled with "grammer" wey u dey write for d poor Guy...This one no go confuse am more..

Is this meant to be some G&C session or what... Be careful oh...
You again ...Jesus

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 21, 2018
taylor89:
Hmmm

Thanks

LOL
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Expl0rers: 12:32am On Mar 21, 2018
no be small

1 Share

Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by delerx(m): 1:04am On Mar 21, 2018
When everybody resign who will fight boko boys.make una continue to advice am to run
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by baby124: 1:05am On Mar 21, 2018
Do what makes you happy as long as you are not hurting anyone. Take a leave of absence and chase your dreams. I hope you have saved enough to sponsor yourself through school. Check what program the army has for helping you with schooling expenses. Goodluck.
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Frankicent(m): 1:23am On Mar 21, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:

Nawa see whining even a secondary school student can write that.... Smh
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Frankicent(m): 1:24am On Mar 21, 2018
Emmysteve:
Almost a similar experience with me right now. In fact mine is worst. If you were in my shoes you probably wouldn't be living by now.

Tell me story jawe grin
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by hypnotic(m): 1:45am On Mar 21, 2018
Go and get land and start farming,
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by Simbrixton(m): 1:51am On Mar 21, 2018
taylor89:
Hmmm

I am surprised malicious people like you are still alive

Thanks
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by justanie(f): 1:55am On Mar 21, 2018
help yourself now, like right now.
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by justanie(f): 1:57am On Mar 21, 2018
yeyerolling:
true
Re: My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:13am On Mar 21, 2018
yeyerolling:
Even you can't type well...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Interested In Being A Chartered Administrator?Get All Questions Answered Here! / 14 Interview Questions And Their Best Possible Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.