Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House (4137 Views)

See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help / Would You Hug a Snake? Meet the 10 Friendliest Snakes in the World (Photos) / I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by adollyboy(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2018
Please,what chemical or solution can I use to drive away snakes in my compound?
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by adisabarber(m): 11:27am On Mar 21, 2018
Keep your compound rodent free and the snakes will likely not come back there.

adollyboy:
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by Sirmuel1(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
There is a particular leaf that will prevent snakes from coming close to your compound. I've forgotten the name.

You just need to plant it somewhere at the back of your house.
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by jayned: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Sirmuel1:
There is a particular leaf that will prevent snakes from coming close to your compound. I've forgotten the name.

Could it be lemon grass?
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by henrydan(m): 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Sirmuel1:

Horse chasenut..I have the plant. It drives snakes very far away from your surroundings. A couple of hausa guys do come to my place to pluck the fruits cos according to them “e high pass tramadol”.
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by matuskyoo7(m): 6:52am On Mar 22, 2018
henrydan:

Horse chasenut..I have the plant. It drives snakes very far away from your surroundings. A couple of hausa guys do come to my place to pluck the fruits cos according to them “e high pass tramadol”.
plse where can I get this horse chasenut?..or do you know the local name
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by henrydan(m): 10:13am On Mar 22, 2018
matuskyoo7:
plse where can I get this horse chasenut?..or do you know the local name

I don’t know the local name sir, but I can send it to you. Or better still, if you’re in PH you can one over and pick it yourself. Choice is yours to make.
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by Sirmuel1(m): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2018
jayned:

Could it be lemon grass?

henrydan:

I don't know the English name.
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by Hassanabd(m): 11:31am On Mar 22, 2018
it is called "tobacco plant"
Sirmuel1:

Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by Sirmuel1(m): 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hassanabd:
it is called "tobacco plant"

Okay.
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by divinest: 5:40am On Mar 23, 2018
if u can't get those.. just buy kola nut. put it at every edge of ur house
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by Mckandre(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2018
henrydan:

a picture of this plant would be nice

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by kushlord: 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
Call snake catchers suzy n dat oda guy on natgeo wild

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
Sirmuel1:

i tink its tobacco leave(ewe taba) in yoruba

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by jokinexcel(m): 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
henrydan:

I don’t know the local name sir, but I can send it to you. Or better still, if you’re in PH you can one over and pick it yourself. Choice is yours to make.
please how can I get in contact with you, am very interested in the leaf and I reside in port Harcourt.
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by kolokolobi(m): 8:39am On Mar 25, 2018
So let me give my thoughts.
There are a couple of ways to take care of pests. You may apply three.

1. Mechanical : Secure the perimeter of your compound so they don't have easy access. In the case of snakes, drainage channels, holes in the fence, clearance underneath gate, over hanging trees into compound etc. These are access points. Secure them.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by kolokolobi(m): 8:41am On Mar 25, 2018
2. Biological : This is what has been mentioned and advised I can see here. Snake repellant plants etc. How ever more on the biological means is the fact that the snakes may be following prey in to the compound. Rodents etc are culprits. So work backwards. Clear food and rubbish dumps that rodents come to feed on. Trap, destroy colonies etc so snake is not going after them into your compound. Water logged areas can also harbour frogs which is a good
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by kolokolobi(m): 8:41am On Mar 25, 2018
is a good snake snack. Then fruit trees that attract birds or even nesting grounds for them can attract the snakes. Eliminate these to cut down the reason they come into your compound. You could also use animals that feed on snakes like some birds, if you can.
3. Chemical : Use of effective ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY chemicals via spray or fog could ward off snakes from compound. This should be last resort having done 1 and 2.
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by kolokolobi(m): 8:56am On Mar 25, 2018
If I may add to the above. Your outdoor AC unit could also attract the snakes. Snakes need an optimum temperature to become active to feed etc. In cold weather when there's no sunlight they seek heat to warm up to that temperature. Under the car or even in the hood are good locations for that apart from the AC outdoor unit. In this case the mechanical approach may suffice.
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by henrydan(m): 7:45am On Apr 28, 2018
Mckandre:
a picture of this plant would be nice

Hi guys, here’s a picture of the Hirse Chestnut plant from my compound.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by joeokoriem: 8:15am On Apr 28, 2018
Ask lalasticlala. They are friends

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by Erums(m): 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2022
divinest:
if u can't get those.. just buy kola nut. put it at every edge of ur house

Kols nut or bitter Kols?
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by harmargedon: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2022
adollyboy:
I think you're about to be the next noah grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by Waltiro(m): 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2022
I get the horse chestnut plant for my compound too in Lagos.....belive me, it works.
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by eme1n(m): 6:38am On Oct 08, 2022
Carbide is very potent! Crush and spread in your compound!!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by Thinkingfast: 11:21am On Oct 08, 2022
I tried all leaves and kola to no avail. Then I used a snake repellant called Bon which I bought from a chemical dealer, the tables was very effective but the smell was so purgnant and harmful to humans, so you may need to evacuate your property for a day or two. Try fumigation migation too
Re: How Can I Drive Away Snakes In My House by funkyqz: 12:50pm On Jan 24
Erums:

Kols nut or bitter Kols?
. It bitter kola

(1) (Reply)

Give Away German Shepherd Puppy / Are These Pure German Shepherd Dogs? / 5 Months Imported Male South African Boerboel Mastiff Puppy!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.