Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters (39747 Views)

Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki / We Didn’t Pay A Dime To Free Dapchi Girls, FG Insists / FG Lied, 5 Million Euros, Boko Haram Fighters, Swapped For Dapchi Girls - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by kanosalami: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of Biafra will not be happy through out this year.

They were thinking it will go chibok way.
Even you Aboki

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
kingsmaila:
No amount of money is more than the lives of the released girls. The Federal Government should use dialogue to end the insurgency. We need peace in Nigeria as there is no development without peace in any country.

Dialogue with Boko is very difficult..as they have demands that are counter to the survival of Nigeria as a state.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by joudini(m): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
Koolking:

I have been following Nigerian politics, never heard the bold statement made by any right thinking man, except here, from your opinion. If it's not your opinion, please be kind to mention the man, let me dig information about him and why he said that

www.thenationonlineng.net/buhari-faults-clampdown-on-boko-haram-members/

www.afripol.org/afripol/item/1205-buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north.html

www.nationalmirroronline.net/files/new/clampdown-on-boko-haram-injustice-against-north-buhari/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/jonathan-to-buhari-stop-boko-haram/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by ecosanders: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
dantyboy:
So they should not have payed, when they kill the girls, we go still complain. Which kind country be this self.

That is the kind of ppl we have here in Nigeria, if same people were kidnapped, their family will rush to pay random, just to have them back In one piece...

If it takes paying or releasing prisoners to get those girls the only option, we have to take it...

I just don't understand why the military are yet to device a means of ending this cancer called BH....
Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by buhariguy(m): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
1x2x3:

Its obvious you aren't following politics.
you that followed politics, show us the lie you have believed over the years.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by misano(m): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of Biafra will not be happy through out this year.

They were thinking it will go chibok way.

On the contrary it raises a lot of questions and makes it evident that Buhari has something to do with Boko

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Onyemabright(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
joudini:
Contrary to the claims of two ministers of President Muhammadu Buhari, Sahara Reporters can report that a handsome ransom was paid to Boko Haram to secure the release of Dapchi girls freed by the insurgents early Wednesday morning.

Nigeria's Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed as well as Minister of Defense, Mansur Dan-Ali had denied that ransom was paid to Boko Haram to secure the freedom of the girls kidnapped by Boko Haram in their school in Dapchi, Yobe State on 19 February.

The two ministers said instead of paying a ransom, the federal government relied on 'backchannel negotiations" to ensure that the girls were released by Boko Haram.

But investigations by Sahara Reporters revealed that the federal government not only made ransom payment to the insurgents, it also exchanged some Boko Haram prisoners in return for the Dapchi girls.

PHOTO: Boko Haram terrorists who came to Dapchi to drop off abducted #DapchiGirls preached in the town to a large gathering for up to 20 minutes.

A security source said Nigerian gov't exchanged some fighters of Boko Haram who left in their 9-vehicle convoy.

@BokoHaramWatch
pic.twitter.com/gVwVFuH9xo
— Sahara Reporters
(@SaharaReporters) March 21,

However, the lie that no ransom was paid to secure the return of the Dapchi girls followed a consistent pattern of such under the table millions of dollars payments by the Nigerian government to Boko Haram to secure freedom of abductees, especially since the advent of the Buhari administration.

It was believed that huge ‘ransom’ was paid to Boko Haram for freedom of three university lecturers and the 10 women recently released by the insurgents while between two to three million euros were also paid by the Federal Government to Boko Haram in exchange for the release of 82 Chibok girls in 2017.

The BBC had reported that millions of euro in cash were handed over to the insurgents in exchange for the release of the girls in addition to the release of five senior Boko Haram militants were bomb-makers.

"The ransom was €2m. Boko Haram asked for euros. They chose the suspects and gave us the list of girls who would be freed,” BBC quoted a source as confirming the deal with Boko Haram. Sources said Lawal Daura, the Director General of the Department of State
Services, DSS, who has been in charge of the ‘opaque negotiations’ with terrorists has, along with some government officials, build a big business out of kidnap for ransom
negotiations.

#Dapchigirls Boko Haram militants did not come with a single gun, they exchanged pleasantries with community leaders and left after dropping the girls off.

Analysts have also argued that the eagerness of the Buhari administration to pay ransom for abductees is fueling the thirst of various factions of Boko Haramfor mass kidnappings.
Nigerian lawmakers had alluded to this during a debate on the abduction of Dapchi girls at the plenary of the Senate last month.

The lawmakers had argued that Boko Haram now kidnap women and girls so as to negotiate and "get money” from the federal government "just like the case of Chibok girls.” “What happened is a lesson for us. That Boko Haram sees girls or women as value targets. What they did in Chibok earned them some funds, because negotiations were held somehow and they got a lot of money," Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawan said during the debate.

“They devise a means of going to abduct people so that they would negotiate with the federal government for ransom. It happened with the recent abduction of Maiduguri staff that were on an exploration. The government negotiated with them and they got money. Now they have been empowered, even with police officers wives, the federal government went and negotiated with them and they were given money,” Senator Joshua Lidani representing Gombe South said.

“We need to be very proactive in this case because the idea of sitting down to always negotiating and paying ransom with this action, we are empowering the Boko- Haram so that they would continue to do more,” he added. SaharaReporters early Wednesday broke the news of the release of the kidnapped girls.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/03/21/nigerian-govt-lied-boko-haram-fighters-money-swapped-dapchi-girls-0
Money or no money thank GOD the are back

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by 1x2x3: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
buhariguy:
you that followed politics, show us the lie you have believed over the years.

It shows you don't even follow politics you only carry out the tasks you are paid for. Those are the links someone posted already. You are such a shame.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Yyeske(m): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
jayraster:
They say the previous administration was weak... but now we know who's weaker.

Let me analyse. The prev administration never negotiated with terrorists but rather used force and the northerners said their brothers were being killed. Now this govt now sees negotiation with terrorists as the only means to get things done. Now tell me who is weaker?(#thebigquestion).

#irestmycase
Make we hear word abeg. GEJ didn't even believe there was any abduction of the Chibok girls, how much more negotiating anything.
I remembered then it was wailers that shouted all over the internet that it was a lie and APC was using the lie to distract GEJ's administration
Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by yinka2011: 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
hmmmmmmmmm

the plot thickens

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
Buhari Don fall my hand big time, Nigerians are lucky I ain't a military commander otherwise there would have being some gory footage here & thier

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by obailala(m): 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Most important thing in all these is that innocent girls kidnapped by monsters have been reunited with their families. Bitter people are free to concoct any theories they want over this.
Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by onatisi(m): 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Buhari has finished this country
We warned Nigerians about APC and buhari but their thick dumb skulls was rather on the 2kongo of rice and 500naira recharge card APC was giving out then.

Dumb stupid ediots voted in a complete dull dullard as their leader.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by LEOVOLUTION(m): 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
DrRasheed:
I have been waiting to hear this from enemies of progress, brothers and sisters of the dark....

Our sisters are back and we are thankful to almighty lord.

I freed so many slaves and would have freed many more if only they agreed they were slaves.
ABRAHAM LINCOLN
Until you understand that you stand to lose more in this schemes of the northern elites, you'd keep being a pencil in their hands. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by buhariguy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
1x2x3:

It shows you don't even follow politics you only carry out the tasks you are paid for. Those are the links someone posted already. You are such a shame.
I have read all the links before and now.

Did you also read the reason behind what he said?

Idiotic pigs of Biafra are good in reading headlines without reading the story.
Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Tecno66: 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
TippyTop:
Buhari is collecting election money using bokoharam.
With this approach, we should get ready for more. This is their cheapest way to make cool cash. The pain is that our money is being used to settle a problem they created for themselves. GEJ govt plunderd $2.1M. This ones are stashing away hard currency for 2019. In that election, believe it or not, God has the final say. When man thinks he is smart God has his own jocker.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by buhariguy(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Tecno66:
With this approach, we should get ready for more. This is their cheapest way to make cool cash. The pain is that our money is being used to settle a problem they created for themselves. GEJ govt plunderd $2.1M. This ones are stashing away hard currency for 2019. In that election, believe it or not, God has the final say. When man thinks he smart God has his own jocker.
Hahahahaha,
The money is enough to pay those hungry idiotic pigs of Biafra yoot, who always shout all day without knowing what and who is beating them, just because they are looking for some change from buhari's table.
Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Myself2(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Sagamaje:
Yeah am back. To the MOD that banned me. Fulani herdsmen will locate you soon with all Buhari Media foolish Cows Family (amen).

grin grin grin
Fvck the mods mehn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Koolking(m): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
joudini:

www.thenationonlineng.net/buhari-faults-clampdown-on-boko-haram-members/

www.afripol.org/afripol/item/1205-buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north.html

www.nationalmirroronline.net/files/new/clampdown-on-boko-haram-injustice-against-north-buhari/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/jonathan-to-buhari-stop-boko-haram/

I couldn't believe I actually browsed those links. However I couldn't corroborate your statement and the links.

I knew pasting links from skewed and sensational media reports would be your best shot. Thought you would be smarter to send me the unedited transcript of the radio interview. Your information reservoir is still 'hearsay' bro. You need to upgrade and shun believing everything you read on social media and news blog. Attention seekers write about anything and everything.

If you want facts, do your own investigation.

Peace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by koladebrainiac(m): 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
Senates are not doing their job. if Senate had lunch and investigation into this kind of allegation and find the government complicit in this shameful act then can start impeachment

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Sagamaje(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
Myself2:

grin grin grin
Fvck the mods mehn

Whalahi Ogun kill them mehn grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Liberator007(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
joudini:
Contrary to the claims of two ministers of President Muhammadu Buhari, Sahara Reporters can report that a handsome ransom was paid to Boko Haram to secure the release of Dapchi girls freed by the insurgents early Wednesday morning.

Nigeria's Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed as well as Minister of Defense, Mansur Dan-Ali had denied that ransom was paid to Boko Haram to secure the freedom of the girls kidnapped by Boko Haram in their school in Dapchi, Yobe State on 19 February.

The two ministers said instead of paying a ransom, the federal government relied on 'backchannel negotiations" to ensure that the girls were released by Boko Haram.

But investigations by Sahara Reporters revealed that the federal government not only made ransom payment to the insurgents, it also exchanged some Boko Haram prisoners in return for the Dapchi girls.

PHOTO: Boko Haram terrorists who came to Dapchi to drop off abducted #DapchiGirls preached in the town to a large gathering for up to 20 minutes.

A security source said Nigerian gov't exchanged some fighters of Boko Haram who left in their 9-vehicle convoy.

@BokoHaramWatch
pic.twitter.com/gVwVFuH9xo
— Sahara Reporters
(@SaharaReporters) March 21,

However, the lie that no ransom was paid to secure the return of the Dapchi girls followed a consistent pattern of such under the table millions of dollars payments by the Nigerian government to Boko Haram to secure freedom of abductees, especially since the advent of the Buhari administration.

It was believed that huge ‘ransom’ was paid to Boko Haram for freedom of three university lecturers and the 10 women recently released by the insurgents while between two to three million euros were also paid by the Federal Government to Boko Haram in exchange for the release of 82 Chibok girls in 2017.

The BBC had reported that millions of euro in cash were handed over to the insurgents in exchange for the release of the girls in addition to the release of five senior Boko Haram militants were bomb-makers.

"The ransom was €2m. Boko Haram asked for euros. They chose the suspects and gave us the list of girls who would be freed,” BBC quoted a source as confirming the deal with Boko Haram. Sources said Lawal Daura, the Director General of the Department of State
Services, DSS, who has been in charge of the ‘opaque negotiations’ with terrorists has, along with some government officials, build a big business out of kidnap for ransom
negotiations.

#Dapchigirls Boko Haram militants did not come with a single gun, they exchanged pleasantries with community leaders and left after dropping the girls off.

Analysts have also argued that the eagerness of the Buhari administration to pay ransom for abductees is fueling the thirst of various factions of Boko Haramfor mass kidnappings.
Nigerian lawmakers had alluded to this during a debate on the abduction of Dapchi girls at the plenary of the Senate last month.

The lawmakers had argued that Boko Haram now kidnap women and girls so as to negotiate and "get money” from the federal government "just like the case of Chibok girls.” “What happened is a lesson for us. That Boko Haram sees girls or women as value targets. What they did in Chibok earned them some funds, because negotiations were held somehow and they got a lot of money," Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawan said during the debate.

“They devise a means of going to abduct people so that they would negotiate with the federal government for ransom. It happened with the recent abduction of Maiduguri staff that were on an exploration. The government negotiated with them and they got money. Now they have been empowered, even with police officers wives, the federal government went and negotiated with them and they were given money,” Senator Joshua Lidani representing Gombe South said.

“We need to be very proactive in this case because the idea of sitting down to always negotiating and paying ransom with this action, we are empowering the Boko- Haram so that they would continue to do more,” he added. SaharaReporters early Wednesday broke the news of the release of the kidnapped girls.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/03/21/nigerian-govt-lied-boko-haram-fighters-money-swapped-dapchi-girls-0
Sahara Reporters just stated the obvious. It is an open secret!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by joudini(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
Koolking:

I couldn't believe I actually browsed those links. However I couldn't corroborate your statement and the links.

I knew pasting links from skewed and sensational media reports would be your best shot. Thought you would be smarter to send me the unedited transcript of the radio interview. Your information reservoir is still 'hearsay' bro. You need to upgrade and shun believing everything you read on social media and news blog. Attention seekers write about anything and everything.

If you want facts, do your own investigation.

Peace!

I thought as much when I pasted those links that I was casting pearls before swines.

The first citation is from the nation newspaper owned by Tinubu. Other sources are from Vanguard, National Mirror and Afripol.

I am not on nairaland to attend to pathetic filths.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by wallarwallar(m): 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
DrRasheed:
I have been waiting to hear this from enemies of progress, brothers and sisters of the dark....

MUGUN

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Massdamm(m): 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
DrRasheed:

u ar rite instead to thank God they are back safety they busy talking nonsense
even if federal government paid them dat doesn't concern anybody they paid for them to be released besides if twas there relatives is among them will understand the pain there mother's goes Tru wen they don't see there children I'm api for the Godbless PMB
Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by wonlasewonimi: 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
Who is interfacing between the two parties? Let me predict what will happen... When they are broke, they will go and kidnap more girls knowing they will be reimbursed

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
What gets rewarded gets done.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by Kobicove(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
We already knew this undecided

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by surgical: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
ecosanders:

That is the kind of ppl we have here in Nigeria, if same people were kidnapped, their family will rush to pay random, just to have them back In one piece...

If it takes paying or releasing prisoners to get those girls the only option, we have to take it...

I just don't understand why the military are yet to device a means of ending this cancer called BH....
you are simple minded can't you see the hand of government in all this,its too glaring for you. not to see.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by okedoyinolabisi(f): 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
very pathetic..
Good day sir/ma. Please vote for me *Temilade debbie as best student in the ongoing *All funaab student award (academic category)
Please tell your friends and do vote for me Your vote counts and goes a long way Click here to vote
http://www.lovablevibes.co/2018/03/afsa18-voting-link/
Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
ecosanders:

because some people are playing politics with it and benefiting from it

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters by ajebuter(f): 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
' We didn't pay any ransom ' ....FG

FG paid ransom for the release of Dapchi girls....SR..

What to believe?

Abeg ayam moving to Fiji

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scaling Of Fence At National Assembly: As It Was In 1962; So It Is Now (Pictured / Obasanjo Visits Femi Fani-Kayode And His Wife At Their Residence / Political War Breaks Out In Warri, Delta. Residents Killed. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.