Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Why Do You Care If Pastor Chris Bought A New Jet? What Is The Big Deal ??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Care If Pastor Chris Bought A New Jet? What Is The Big Deal ??? (548 Views)

Reno Omokri And Daddy Freeze Speaks On Apostle Suleman New Jet / What If Pastor Chris Told Sharon To Cover Her Cleavages, Will The World End? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Care If Pastor Chris Bought A New Jet? What Is The Big Deal ??? by brucebevilaNG(m): 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
I am still wondering what was all this fuss around the new Jet of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

I came by this info somewhere on the Internet a time ago:

"Pastor Chris Oyakhilome teachings insist that a man shouldn`t be possessed by the material things of the world. Still, it seems that double standards are also included in his teachings. Also, he claims that the private Jet and a silver Rolls Royce were provided to him when he arrived in the UK. He adds that they are properties of the church. Alas, it seems that he is the only one allowed to use this property. Not much information is provided about the private jet. The church keeps any information concerning the wealth of the pastor a secret. However, it`s known that the jet emerged soon after his divorce from Anita Oyakhilome."

... and I wondered why are people so hateful about this guy?! I mean, I am not a big fan of him, but come on... He is in the head of one of the biggest churches here in Nigeria, it is logical he can afford such purchases... Moreover, I never heard him saying material prosperity is some kind of a Sin.

In my opinion, everyone is overreacting just because he is a public figure... Of course, he is rich. I think he is making effords to be so and this is basically all of his life... The text seems more like gossiping than presenting objective facts about the man. I do not think he is hiding that he has made a fortune out of his Prayers and Teaching... But what is so wrong about this? It is like any other business. It doesn't mean he is a criminal, hypocrite or а charlatan... It is just how the world works... Get real, people and stop occupying your minds with cheap info, think more. Be independent in your judgements and may they be laid on facts and not rumours. cry cry cry

Re: Why Do You Care If Pastor Chris Bought A New Jet? What Is The Big Deal ??? by brucebevilaNG(m): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
What do you think people? I need more opinions on this one smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Do You Care If Pastor Chris Bought A New Jet? What Is The Big Deal ??? by Shally2: 8:15pm On Mar 21, 2018
Is the news still trending? This private jet something happened since November last year. Everyone has moved on... Na now ee dey pain you.
Re: Why Do You Care If Pastor Chris Bought A New Jet? What Is The Big Deal ??? by brucebevilaNG(m): 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
Shally2:
Is the news still trending? This private jet something happened since November last year. Everyone has moved on... Na now ee dey pain you.

Yes, it faded away but it is still in the air. Some people on the Internet still discuss it… which reminded me again of this case. So, what do you think?? Of course, it is a pain to me, that people judge without thinking...
Re: Why Do You Care If Pastor Chris Bought A New Jet? What Is The Big Deal ??? by BERNIMOORE: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
The big deal is not 'what you feel but the standard set by the scriptures while oyakhilome has failed and need to resign himself from leading a church, here is the Standard set fir general overseers in the bible and is A. MUST.; 1 Timothy 3:1-5 English Standard Version (ESV)

Qualifications for Overseers
3 The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. 2[b]Therefore an overseer must be above reproach,[/b] the [b]husband of one wife, sober-minded, [/b]hospitable, able to teach, 3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, 5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?
Re: Why Do You Care If Pastor Chris Bought A New Jet? What Is The Big Deal ??? by brucebevilaNG(m): 8:54am On Mar 26, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
The big deal is not 'what you feel but the standard set by the scriptures while oyakhilome has failed and need to resign himself from leading a church, here is the Standard set fir general overseers in the bible and is A. MUST.; 1 Timothy 3:1-5 English Standard Version (ESV)

Qualifications for Overseers
3 The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. 2[b]Therefore an overseer must be above reproach,[/b] the [b]husband of one wife, sober-minded, [/b]hospitable, able to teach, 3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, 5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?

You think owning a jet, makes you "a lover of money"? How are these standards not covered...?

(1) (Reply)

RCCG 2018 July 21 Days Fasting, Directives On July Fasting By Daddy G.O. / Watch The Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Telling ‘non-performing’ Buhari To Resign / G Craig Lewis - EX Ministries: False Teachers Luring Women For Money And Fame!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.