Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? (545 Views)

Some Grammatical Mistakes You Make And Things You Say Wrong. / Top Grammatical Errors You Make Without Knowing / Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by daewoorazer(m): 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2018
I was having a table talk with one of my colleagues yesterday and I told him I don’t believe in destiny since destiny can be changed.

I believe every individual’s destiny is in his/her hands. Whatever you make of yourself, you become.

If a prophet tells you you’d become the president tomorrow, the only president you’d become is his excellency of your closet and no more if you don’t stand up and work towards it.

Your destiny lies in your hands!

He however argued otherwise, he said:

‘Destiny has been set for every one and that each of our actions have been preordered to assume that destiny.’

Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by madridguy(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
True Muslims believe in destiny.
Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by daewoorazer(m): 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
madridguy:
True Muslims believe in destiny.

Sir, you believe there is a package for all you’d become on earth and you can’t add more?
Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by northvietnam(m): 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
I wont suscribe to that Destiny theory ...

Ecclesiastes 9:10

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;

Bill gate did it with his might
Dangote did same
mark FAcebook
Mr Osewa of Nairaland
lionel merci
Christiano Robaldo

Even Evens the kidnapper...

they all did it with their might.. And not Destiny
Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by madridguy(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
According to ISLAM, there's nothing that can change destiny than DUA " Prayer ".
As a man you must strive to achieve great in life but destiny still play major role.

This is according to my religion ' ISLAM '

daewoorazer:

Sir, you believe there is a package for all you’d become on earth and you can’t add more?
Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by madridguy(m): 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
White believe in destiny just that Africa is a destiny killer grin grin

northvietnam:
I wont suscribe to that Destiny theory ...

Whites don't believe in this Destiny Crap.

1 Like

Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by daewoorazer(m): 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2018
madridguy:
According to ISLAM, there's nothing that can change destiny than DUA " Prayer ".
As a man you must strive to achieve great in life but destiny still play major role.

This is according to my religion ' ISLAM '

Destiny can be likened to a predetermined blueprint. Any change to it by any force (DUA in this case) perfectly nullifies it’s meaning.

Invariably, you admit destiny is misunderstood sir.
Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by madridguy(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
Well, I think there's a mix up somewhere. Let me explain myself better.

For example, someone is destined to be barren, with prayer such destiny can be change and you see such person having child(ren). My point is Islamic view and not general view.

daewoorazer:

Destiny means predetermined. Any change to it by any force (DUA in this case) perfectly nullifies it’s meaning.

Invariably, you admit destiny is misunderstood sir.
Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by northvietnam(m): 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
madridguy:
White believe in destiny just that Africa is a destiny killer grin grin

lol
Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by daewoorazer(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
madridguy:
Well, I think there's a mix up somewhere. Let me explain myself better.

For example, someone is destined to be barren, with prayer such destiny can be change and you see such person having child(ren). My point is Islamic view and not general view.

There is no mix up your highness, if such subject had kept quiet about her matter, she’d remain barren for the rest of her life right?

But she lifted her hands in prayer, and her ‘destiny’ changed....meaning destiny can be termed transient, inconsistent.
Re: Destiny: Does It Exist Or What You Make Of Yourself? by madridguy(m): 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
Sir, only God is highness.

I so much enjoy your conversation and hope at the end of it we learn from each other. Please don't get it twisted, we Muslims believe in destiny and change in destiny though prayer.

Let me point at the last 10 days of our fasting " Ramadan " in the last ten days, we have Laylatul Qadr ( The Night of Power/ Decree/ Majesty/ Destiny) One of the significance of this night is change of destiny.

daewoorazer:

There is no mix up your highness, if such subject had kept quiet about her matter, she’d remain barren for the rest of her life right?

But she lifted her hands in prayer, and her ‘destiny’ changed....meaning destiny can be termed transient, inconsistent.

(1) (Reply)

12-year–old Beats 39, 000 Others To Win National Mathematics Competition / Federal Polytechnic Ilaro 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Oando Writing Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.