Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

PART 2/UPDATE: Dating A Nigerian Man But Having Doubts... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / PART 2/UPDATE: Dating A Nigerian Man But Having Doubts... (361 Views)

I Haven't Dated Anyone In 10 Years But Having S3x -- Mr. Macaroni / Women, How Do You Feel When You Love A Man But Can't Tell Him? / Dating A Nigerian Man But Having Doubts About Him...Any advice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PART 2/UPDATE: Dating A Nigerian Man But Having Doubts... by Corps1000: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2018
Original thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4252296/dating-nigerian-man-having-doubts

I planned on updating but been busy with school and work. Well, I can admit out of anger and hurt I posted him on a cheater website back in Jan. I basically made a post about my experience and warned other women to be wary of him. I also insulted his manhood, yeah immature, moving on...

You have to realize when I visited him out of state, that was the first time we were intimate. Even though I requested for condoms to be used, he never used any, even though he had some at hand. This made me concerned and nervous because I don't want to risk getting pregnant or contract an STD. I even told him I was concerned and at the time he basically said "F* it." And when I asked what he meant, he said, "Abortion." So, he didn't even care that I was concerned. And for someone who claims to be somewhat religious, to think of abortion as nothing is hypocritical.

Anyway, shortly after I posted on that website and blocked him. Last month, basically 3 weeks later after I made that post. I checked my Blocked voice message list and he left me a message basically saying I am a bad person, and threatened to file a lawsuit against me. Saying he could defame me too. Even threatened to use his position in the military against me. Told me to remove the post and that I can call him or not, to discuss this matter...

I called him and told him he was messed up for ghosting me. However, he did provide proof that he was in Nigeria. Still, it doesn't change the fact that he ghosted me, and though it was ok to not remain in touch. Also, the fact he left me a message when he found about the post I made about him, but couldn't bother getting in contact before. He actually said, "I see you called me twice but I was no where around." BS, so you like a woman but couldn't call or text back once?

My lawyer friend, who is also Nigerian said straight up, that he was just trying to get laid and lying to do so. And also thinks it's BS that he couldn't try to stay in touch all that time.

Anyway, I said he is the evil one to use a woman for sex and he replied, "That's not true, I have no problem getting girls, blah blah." But the phone call was mainly him being the victim. He didn't even try to apologize or answer to why he ghosted me or felt it was ok to have sex with me w/o a condom.

Even though everything I said was true on that website, I felt a little bad and tried to have the post removed to no avail. On those cheater websites, they don't remove a post unless you have a court order.

I even tried to have my lawyer friend help out but guess what? Another woman commented my post and posted his picture in his military uniform and confirmed the same thing as me. She said that he is a selfish player who strings women along and he pretends to be a good man, but is like the rest.

With that, I told my lawyer friend don't bother helping him.

For a few weeks since, the Nigerian basically kept texting me saying I am such a bad person, how he hates me and how I ruined his life. Yet he is still on the dating website where we met, so how ruined can your life be?

I am no longer mad or even disappointed. In life, sometimes you win some, and sometimes you lose some. It could have been worse. I could have gotten pregnant or caught an STD. I didn't do anything wrong, I was honest and open from the jump. And I accept that who he presented himself to be is a farce.

I am just going to use this as a life lesson to make sure this situation doesn't happen again.
Re: PART 2/UPDATE: Dating A Nigerian Man But Having Doubts... by Corps1000: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bump lol

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Models Look / Dating / Gay Author, Binyavanga Wainaina Set To Marry Nigerian Partner Of 6yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.