Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? (9922 Views)

Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism / How UNIMAID Student ‘tricked Boko Haram To Escape Abduction’ / Boko Haram To Keep Leah As Slave For Life, As Another Aide Worker Gets Executed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Preekgiver: 9:57am On Mar 22, 2018
It's damning dat we don't just wanna see d obvious, Boko Haram is sponsored by d elite politicians & billionaires for reasons best known 2 dem. It's time we get our (Nigerians) shit together

Infinix hot 4 on auction, quote me if interested
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by maclatunji: 10:02am On Mar 22, 2018
Lukgaf:
You weep a times while reading Nigeria news most especially Boko Haram. But something is not clear to me about the issue BOKO HARAM, FG negotiated for the release of few Chibok girls, early yesterday, they brought the recently abducted girls themselves. Who are FG negotiating with? How come they (mediator) know them (Boko Haram)? Does that mean FG know those in charge? But remember people are dieing daily on this issue of Boko Haram. Our military men are always killed by those guys and FG claimed they negotiate with them, but why not negotiate with them to end the terrorism. This to me is an irony.

If truly you negotiate with Boko Haram and it is not politics like people claimed, why can't you negotiate with them to put end to terrorism? Or what's your view?

An excellent question from an actually thinking person. You have to beat them up on the battlefield first and then try to get the remaining major players among them to give up the fight. You also have to then find ways to deal with the crimes they have committed which are awful.

Give the victims a degree of justice. It is not a simple task.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by SamuelTurner(m): 10:10am On Mar 22, 2018
Funny indeed.
Group of terrorist cannot negotiate with terrorist, they will only plan on how to terrorize the people.
The error came in when saraki was voted as the senate president

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by BERNIMOORE: 10:15am On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

When you understand terrorism deeply and their module operadi all over the world, you won't even ask any of those questions....rather you'll commend fg for getting this one right. It is never a conventional warfare that you can just go with your arsenals and And like that. All over the world, negotiations are made with terrorists for reasons similar to this one. It is ignorant and too much Hollywood that makes people believe USA don't negotiate with terrorist; they do wella. Though this kidnap shouldn't have happened to start with but we should all be happy that they're back wihin the shortest possible time. Trust me, it was irresponsibility and insentivity to human lives on the part of the govt of the day that makes chibok own linger on for this long.
do you just say getting this one right? Oh my God, This will be repeating itself over and over again, and for you to say questions shouldn't be ask showed your kinda low esteem
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by onlytiles(m): 10:16am On Mar 22, 2018
Very Simple. Boko Haram Just like any other group in this country is a racket
Meanwhile

If you are looking for a trusted fumigation and pest control professional to fumigate and eradicate all pest from your HOME, ESTATE, DRAINAGE CHANNEL, SCHOOL, OFFICE, CHURCH Etc. Contact PEST SOLUTIONS INTEGRATED SERVICES today Our services is effective in eradication of MOSQUITOES, BED BUGS, COCKROACHES, RATS, FLIES Etc. Call/Watsapp 08169606527 Our exprience is our edge
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by SoNature(m): 10:30am On Mar 22, 2018
The reason is simple: most politicians in the north are feeding fat from Boko Haram insurgency

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by kingzjay(m): 10:35am On Mar 22, 2018
They should better negotiate with Fulani Herdsmen oh

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by sokera: 10:39am On Mar 22, 2018
Pray for Leah Sherubu

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Okoroawusa: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2018
Kizyte:
To the Nigerian Government, to Sarrki, to Madridguy, to Buhariguy, including Zombies not mentioned, listen to the words of Late Chief Okadigbo.
Okadigbo was talking to ppl like u

Read that statement again n look in the mirror

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by ukejejohnson(m): 10:57am On Mar 22, 2018
FarahAideed:
Remember this same Boko Haram once trusted Buhari enough to name him as their negotiator in the past and yesterday at DAPCHI they showed the same trust again by strolling into town after Buhari govt gave them a window of cease fire ..there is more to this than meets the eyes

I will not insult your mentality bro. You just lack information about things

It was PDP government who (SAID) that boko haram choose Buhari as mediator. Bcuz not even in boko haram video did any of that mentioned. But Buhari bluntly refused to what PDP government read out that boko haram requested.

No country on earth that doesn't negotiate with terrorist. Please get information before you talk
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Alexk2(m): 11:03am On Mar 22, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
do you just say getting this one right? Oh my God, This will be repeating itself over and over again, and for you to say questions shouldn't be ask showed your kinda low esteem

Thanks...what again?
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by faheez(m): 11:04am On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

When you understand terrorism deeply and their module operadi all over the world, you won't even ask any of those questions....rather you'll commend fg for getting this one right. It is never a conventional warfare that you can just go with your arsenals and And like that. All over the world, negotiations are made with terrorists for reasons similar to this one. It is ignorant and too much Hollywood that makes people believe USA don't negotiate with terrorist; they do wella. Though this kidnap shouldn't have happened to start with but we should all be happy that they're back wihin the shortest possible time. Trust me, it was irresponsibility and insentivity to human lives on the part of the govt of the day that makes chibok own linger on for this long.
sir, I refuse to concur to your point of view.
when has BK boys become so nice? let's leave that for now.. You remember what the Governor of the state said about the withdrawal of the military men from the state Just weeks to their abduction. So BK boys came into the state with trucks numbering 10 or more to convey the girls, driving for 4hours or more within the state without anybody questioning their activities? come on, same happened when they brought them back, it's all staged it's all scam. other terrorist groups don't do this, not so easy as such. even if terrorist groups wants to ask for ransoms, it's usually an outrageous request. so for the government to easily meet their request. it makes me feel naked. i'm not commending them at all. thou I'm happy for the lifes of the innocent girls that got involved in such a governmental scam
I refuse to believe #DAPCHI-SCAM
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by bakaredc: 11:26am On Mar 22, 2018
Let me quote an intellectual mind, let me just add, that terrorism is not something u can negotiate to end, they are not militants, there is a sharp contrast btw militants and terrorists, terrorism is an ideology and u cant just smooth talk them out of it.
In principle USA doesnt negotiate with terrorists but in reality they do, how do u explain exchange of prisoners. . So the nigerian government negotiating with Boko Haram to save innocent lives should not be over flogged and talking them to surrender their arms will only be an exercise in futility unless they are totally decimated.
Alexk2:

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Alexk2(m): 11:40am On Mar 22, 2018
faheez:

sir, I refuse to concur to your point of view.
when has BK boys become so nice? let's leave that for now.. You remember what the Governor of the state said about the withdrawal of the military men from the state Just weeks to their abduction. So BK boys came into the state with trucks numbering 10 or more to convey the girls, driving for 4hours or more within the state without anybody questioning their activities? come on, same happened when they brought them back, it's all staged it's all scam. other terrorist groups don't do this, not so easy as such. even if terrorist groups wants to ask for ransoms, it's usually an outrageous request. so for the government to easily meet their request. it makes me feel naked. i'm not commending them at all. thou I'm happy for the lifes of the innocent girls that got involved in such a governmental scam
I refuse to believe #DAPCHI-SCAM
I have questions too and i'm more worried than you are but while we ask our questions and air our worries and complains, we should be fair, just and truthful with it. sentiments and bigotry is the genesis of our many problems in this country. everything, we want to read sentiment to it no matter how insensitive it is. Some people are suffering and are being killed daily and all some could do is to keep calling it a scam and reading unnecessary sentiments to it. Do you know if the govt of the day have treated this bokoharam issue with all seriousness it demands, it wouldn't have lasted up to a year? No, they didn't but rather call it a scam and decor for election purpose and lives are wasted daily.
for me, I'm happy they are back and the credit goes to the fg; tomorrow, you may come across my post blasting the same fg on another issue.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Ayomivic(m): 11:42am On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

i believe some big men in this country are behind the Boko Haram that was reason GEJ could not defeat Boko Haram. Now looking back to what PMb had said in the past and what he was doing now it is very glaring that PMB is part of this countrys problems
before 2019 Election, Nigerian would know who PMB is.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Alexk2(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2018
bakaredc:
Let me quote an intellectual mind, let me just add, that terrorism is not something u can negotiate to end, they are not militants, there is a sharp contrast btw militants and terrorists, terrorism is an ideology and u cant just smooth talk them out of it.
In principle, USA doesn't negotiate with terrorists but in reality, they do, how do u explain exchange of prisoners. So the Nigerian government negotiating with Boko Haram to save innocent lives should not be over flogged and talking them to surrender their arms will only be an exercise in futility unless they are totally decimated.
Thanks for this...say no more bro.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by eejo(m): 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

why do countries like iraq fails to negotiates with isis the father of boko haram. No sane country negotiates with jihadist unless you want that country to be an islamic nation
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by eejo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
ukejejohnson:

I will not insult your mentality bro. You just lack information about things

It was PDP government who (SAID) that boko haram choose Buhari as mediator. Bcuz not even in boko haram video did any of that mentioned. But Buhari bluntly refused to what PDP government read out that boko haram requested.

No country on earth that doesn't negotiate with terrorist. Please get information before you talk
who said attack on boko haram is attack on the north or PDP said that again
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by InHim4Him(m): 12:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

I am sure you think you said something reasonable. SMH!
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by hooohaaa: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
Lukgaf:
You weep a times while reading Nigeria news most especially Boko Haram. But something is not clear to me about the issue BOKO HARAM, FG negotiated for the release of few Chibok girls, early yesterday, they brought the recently abducted girls themselves. Who are FG negotiating with? How come they (mediator) know them (Boko Haram)? Does that mean FG know those in charge? But remember people are dieing daily on this issue of Boko Haram. Our military men are always killed by those guys and FG claimed they negotiate with them, but why not negotiate with them to end the terrorism. This to me is an irony.

If truly you negotiate with Boko Haram and it is not politics like people claimed, why can't you negotiate with them to put end to terrorism? Or what's your view?

If you listened to the minister of information while explaining why the girls were brought back the way they were brought back, you will realise that the federal government has been in negotiation with the faction of boko haram responsible for the abduction of the dapchi girls. He said they had agreed that there will be no abduction while the negotiation lasted. and as such they boko haram breached that agreement, that is why that faction of boko haram agreed to return the girls. But they insisted that they will return the girls themselves in their own way.
Also if you are following this very closely, you will remember that president Buhari ruled out using force to rescue the girls. My take is that, the boko haram needed an assurance that they will not be attacked while returning the girls and they wanted the president to say so publicly first before returning the girls.
But one will ask, why abduct them in the first place when they knew they will be breaching the agreement not to abduct. My take again is that the negotiation with federal government must have stalled, and the boko haram needed some leverage, so they abduct the girls and say something like "if you don't agree with what we want, the girls will not be seen again" .

So to really answer your question. My take is that, The federal Government is negotiation with the faction of boko haram headed by Abu Mus’ab Albarnawi, the son of Boko Haram founder Muhammed Yusuf. The other faction headed by Abubakar Shekau, is the one using people for suicide bombing. Whether FG is negotiating with that faction, I don't know. but the fact that they are still doing the suicide bombing thing leads me to say nothing is happening on that end.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by AK481(m): 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

getting what right,tommorrow they 300 girls kidnap in gwoza high school,you pay another ransom.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Amhappy(f): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2018
I have also asked someone this question. They should negotiated to end the war
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by DonMekino(m): 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

Are they terrorists? FG has not called them terrorists na....for now they are Boko Haram agitators... Maybe the FG will meet with their demands...
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by oyetpel(m): 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
Cromcruach91:

The problem with organisations like Boko Haram is that the don't do compromise. All they do is 'It is my way or the highway'

This is typical of many 'rebel' or 'terror' organisations like the FARC in Colombia. It took the Colombian government over 40 years to even get FARC to agree to lay down their arms and achieve their goals politically, and it also took the British government 22 years to convince the IRA , UVF to lay down their arms, and take part in the political process.

But with Boko...the problem is that they don't even accept the existence of Nigeria as a secular state, or the authority of the government, or the right of other Nigerians , including even their fellow muslims to live the way they think they should live. How do you negotiate with such a group.? That they are even willing to talk to the govt about the Chibok and Dapichi girls was really the work of some strong arm persuasion...with neutral parties doing a lot of the spadework. But asking them to lay down their arms? Not going to happen. Not with the kind of belief structure they have. You see the same thing with Joseph Kony and the LRA in Uganda...over 30 yeears fighting to instill their view of Chirstianity on Uganda...or Al Qaeda...nearly 30 years.

Again, negotiation is going to involve amnesty. How do you grant amnesty to a group of people responsible for death and destruction? What does this say to millions of Nigerians who have suffered under their hands.? Same thing in Colombia....FARC got amnesty...lots of people who suffered under their rule got angry that nobody would answer for the crimes committed against them.

Modified: Big thanks to OP for the question by the way.

Nice comment.

IRA was the theme of 'The Foreigner' featuring pierce Bosnan and Jackie Chan.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

It amazes me how people like you reason, please name one instance were USA, France, Britian or any other nations negotiate with terrorists.

What is common sense....you pay a kidnapper, he get more money to buy more arms and continue his trade same applies to terrorist... Now is there any sense in what Buhari and his bloodsucking demons are doing?

Believe me if you understand the action of this government as regards negotiating and paying terrorists, you will weep for your country when terror upgrades to level 2 and Buhari is making it easy to accomplish by funding Boko Haram.

It is now official that our Military CANNOT defeat Boko Haram, in fact they are at the mercy of Boko Haram now thanks to the monster called Buhari.

Our Legislators have failed us...nobody in the house has the mind to impeach this monster before things get out of hand...our Military have been compromised, our Judiciary are dumb as always, Our Youths are senseless and useless as usual...Who will save Nigeria now?

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Alexk2(m): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

It amazes me how people like you reason, please name one instance were USA, France, Britian or any other nations negotiate with terrorists.

What is common sense....you pay a kidnapper, he get more money to buy more arms and continue his trade same applies to terrorist... Now is there any sense in what Buhari and his bloodsucking demons are doing?

Believe me if you understand the action of this government as regards negotiating and paying terrorists, you will weep for your country when terror upgrades to level 2 and Buhari is making it easy to accomplish by funding Boko Haram.

It is now official that our Military CANNOT defeat Boko Haram, in fact they are at the mercy of Boko Haram now thanks to the monster called Buhari.

Our Legislators have failed us...nobody in the house has the mind to impeach this monster before things get out of hand...our Military have been compromised, our Judiciary are dumb as always, Our Youths are senseless and useless as usual...Who will save Nigeria now?
you are obviously ignorant of what you're talking about but before you reply me, try and do a little research online as to wheater govts all over the world do or don't negotiate with terrorists. Thanks.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Alexk2(m): 3:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
DonMekino:

Are they terrorists? FG has not called them terrorists na....for now they are Boko Haram agitators... Maybe the FG will meet with their demands...
I don't even know what you're talking about. Let me assume you're on a wrong thread.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Habyz(m): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2018
Negotiating to stop terrorism would be by the terrorists themselves, what if they demanded for half of the entire country? My point is that whatever is being negotiated might be against the interests of Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
This is indeed funny to me.

Alexk2:

I don't even know what you're talking about. Let me assume you're on a wrong thread.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Tecno66: 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
Well they say they dont want western education. That is they prefer primitive knowledge. So to negotiate, all schools in their catchment area must be closed down before any talks. I remember they mentioned president Buhari as one of their recommended negotiators when the idea of negotiations came up during Goodluck Jonathan era. Since PMB is in power now, I thought we could use his connection with them if trully there is any to negotiate a ceasefire.
Lukgaf:

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

you are obviously ignorant of what you're talking about but before you reply me, try and do a little research online as to wheater govts all over the world do or don't negotiate with terrorists. Thanks.

You want me to run a research for you after claiming USA "negotiate" with terrorist... How dumb is that?

Next time come out with facts before typing trash on Nairaland.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Tecno66: 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
FarahAideed:
Remember this same Boko Haram once trusted Buhari enough to name him as their negotiator in the past and yesterday at DAPCHI they showed the same trust again by strolling into town after Buhari govt gave them a window of cease fire ..there is more to this than meets the eyes
It is aboki to aboki connection.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Exactly What Happened At Lekki Toll Gate / Enugu Governorship Election Petition Tribunal Delivers Judgement Tomorrow / Edo: PDP Ward Executives Unite To Endorse Asue Ighodalo's Candidacy In Uromi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.