Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics (28189 Views)

AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) / AEDC Restores Light In Kawu Niger State After 30 Years As Residents Dance / Melaye’s Children Sleep In Darkness After Police Refused AEDC To Reconnect Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by XKZ(m): 11:09am On Mar 22, 2018
Tariffs vary based on your location (Disco) and category (residential, commercial, Industrial, Special).

All tariffs can be found here

http://www.nercng.org/index.php/home/consumers/how-much-do-i-pay-for-electricity

Kindly note the figures are exclusive of VAT

1 Like

Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by kevoh(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2018
winnersmith:
Same thing in my house.. This is the secret, Just forget the meter and do your connection if you can. Always remove the connection you do before going to work, and when you are back around 5 or 6 pm, reconnect am back and enjoy it. Just live the 1k unit inside the meter, It will never finish.
GoodFaith , LaudableXX

Come and see the kind of criminals I was talking about in that thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/4408648/electricity-consumers-pay-more-new/5#66002592
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by chloedogie(m): 11:14am On Mar 22, 2018
Princessgrace:
I just purchase 39 units yesterday for 1000 Naira here in abuja.

You see another person now. Why do we have all these variances self.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Jethrolite(m): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2018
njelrapheal:
I support you. How do we go about it
We need a volunteer lawyer firstly who will advise us on the best path to take. It must not be an online gathering, I fall under a different Disco so I think it's a matter of different disco users grouping or we could sue all the discos affected but the advise of a lawyer is the most important thing.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Facidio: 11:16am On Mar 22, 2018
you gat to be kidding me. I do get 31 units for 1k from BEDC
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Awoo88: 11:35am On Mar 22, 2018
yesloaded:
But for more about 3years now, I've been getting 38inits on 1,000naira recharge. I wonder how you managed to get 71units all this while.

IBDC must be criminal for giving me 38unit on 1k recharge
The op have been stealing from phcn. 71 to 83 unit is for 2000 while 1000 is for 38 to 41 depending on the agent you are buying from
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by ghenghen23(m): 11:51am On Mar 22, 2018
I last purchased 62 units from PHED at 2000 naira in Dec 2017. How come AEDC sold 71 units for 1000 naira?
chloedogie:
Hello guys, just as a way of being conservative, I do buy 1000 naira worth of units for my phcn prepaid meter which gives me 71 units. Going to the office I saw the unit read 4.7 units left. I logged into my buypower account and did my normal1000 naira of 71 units only to see just 17 units. Got angry and felt maybe buypower are the dishonest ones here I just logged into vtpass and low and behold, I was given 19.6 units for 1100 naira. Please when did the distribution companies and ministry of power hiked the tariffs by almost 300% Is this peculiar to me? Of it is a general issue then we all need to speak up. We are customers and stakeholders how could they take such a decision without our consent and with that dangerous percentage increase? Please the MODS should let us all see this. See pictures below. Another question I want to ask just like we pay between 143 and 145 naira per litre of fuel, how much are we being charges per kilowatt for residential buildings? What is the standard ministry of power approi rates I'm conjunction with the DISCOS

Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
CriticMaestro:
U used to pay 1000 for 71 units? Looks like u r owing bro... 1000 should give 39-41 units....so uhm maybe .....shiiit I don't know
Very correct.
But 1000 gave me 32 units while 500 gave me about 47 units too. Same way 5000 gave my neighbor about 165 units too.
But it is only 3k I do highest which is 96units
1 thousand for 71 units is abnormal and I believe they are collecting the units back gradually.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
isn't 500 naira like 21 units including tax & everything. Am pretty sure that's about it, I usually buy said amount when am home
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
ghenghen23:
I last purchased 62 units from PHED at 2000 naira in Dec 2017. How come AEDC sold 71 units for 1000 naira?
Thank u o.
I fear before o.
But I believe they are balancing the abnormality by taking some of his units now.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Cassie74: 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
XKZ:

Abeg, leave Solomon alone

grin
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
Jiang:
isn't 500 naira like 21 units including tax & everything. Am pretty sure that's about it, I usually buy said amount when am home
500 naira usually gave me 16 units then but now I've stopped it.
I think buying in bulk is better
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by vengertime: 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
CriticMaestro:
U used to pay 1000 for 71 units? Looks like u r owing bro... 1000 should give 39-41 units....so uhm maybe .....shiiit I don't know
Exactly, I was confused for a second cos I know per unit cost is N26. that means N1,000 % 26 is = 37-38units. so where ever he got the 70units from I don't understand. And my calculation is straight from my sister who works at AEDC Abuja.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Origin(f): 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
johnime:
A thread on why PREPAID METER being distributed TO ALL may never be achieved in Nigeria.
After the Nigerian Police, Nigerian Electricity distribution companies are next on the list when it comes to corruption. This has been in existence from time immemorial, just like barracks, many government have come and gone but the deep rooted corruption in the system remains

In April 2016, I moved in to my current apartment. The apartment was still connected to an old meter and there was an outstanding payment of about N385,000.00 to be paid. This wasn't revealed to me before I made payment for the rent, as usual (that's how they all do).This became a worry and an absolute headache. I asked the landlord why it was so and she made me understand that the apartment was not in use for 5years.I asked how come it wasn't reported to NEPA so they'd stop the billing, she gave me a copy of the letter she wrote to them. So I took the matter up, wrote several mails to Eko electricity company and the matter was on for 11months, note that in the space of this 11 months, I never got a monthly bill lesser than 24,000.00. You want to ask if I have a factory in my apartment? No I don't. So it extended from wanting the company to zerorize the ridiculous outstanding balance in the billing account to fighting and contesting the outrageous billing system which do not in any way represent my true electricity consumption and wanting a Prepaid Meter

The battle began.
After several exchange of mails betweens myself and Eko Electric and no solution was forthcoming, I moved the matter to NERC, the regulatory body for all electricity distribution companies in Nigeria. I filed a petition against Ekedp and the undertaking in charge of my area.

Lo and behold, after three days from the petition submission to NERC, I got a call from the marketing manager for my area pleading for me to make myself available to allow them come to my house and take inventory of the electrical appliances I use.

NERC is working yeah? Right. A staff of the Ekedp came to take the inventory and at the end of the computations, we calculated and multiplied each appliance by the estimated units they consume per day and multiplied by 31days.

Recall I said I never got a bill less than 24k in a month?Then we arrived at a figure that even the Eko electric staff who came to take the inventory opened his mouth and couldn't close it. What I should be billed based on having 24hour light per day(which is not even possible) in 31 days was 4,800.00. I almost ran mad. I took a copy of the report, scanned it and attached it to my next petition to NERC.
At this point, the marketing manager attached to my undertaking had started calling and begging me to stop the petitions. That they could all get sacked if matters gets escalated further.Then in September 2017, after all the troubles and how I never got tired if pursuing the issue, I got a mail from Eko electricity to come with some required documents in order to fill a form for a PREPAID METER.

I went there and did as they requested.
At Last, on 27 November 2017, I was on leave.
I was at my gate then this Alfa looking guy was parading and trying to see house number on the fence. My instinct told me to ask if he was asking for Ayo, then he said yes. He was the prepaid meter installer, he was with my new prepaid meter. I also recall that before the whole issue started, I was discouraged severally that I can never be given prepaid meter due to the outstanding balance on the billing account, I paid no mind to all the people that said that and went ahead with my case.
I got the Prepaid meter for FREE. After a week, bill was brought and boom, outstanding balance has been cleared from 385,000.00 to zero balance.
How did I achieve this? I mean I didn't pay a dime to anyone and I never for once bribed my way in all my dealings.I achieved this simply because;

1. I knew my right.
2. I wouldn't settle for mediocrity
3. I never stopped pushing even after several months and it seemed unachievable
4. I was ready to take the matter up anywhere
5. I was informed.

Now imagine how many people are out there who don't even know how to go about such tedious and draining process. I learnt that a lot of people even paid as much as 40k to get the prepaid meter. Something that's supposed to be free. Since the prepaid meter was installed in November 27 2017, I have not exhausted the 303 units that came with it which is calculated to be 7,200.00

And I still have 140units left to use. That's over four (4) months now
Do you now see why these people will never allow dream of every homes having a prepaid meter become a reality?
Because such development will block all holes where the electricity distribution corrupt members of staff perpetrate their fraudulent activities and corruption from.

They know that they will be forced to give light more in order to generate revenue and will not be able to charge people outrageously as they are currently doing and remitting the proceeds of their criminal act to their pockets.

Stand up and Fight for what is your right. Prepaid meter is your right, fight for it to the latter. If you believe that your monthly electricity bill do not represent your consumption, make a case.If you're in Lagos, Ikeja Electricity company and Eko electricity company are there for you. If they fail, involve NERC.
That will be all, for now.

Due to popular demand, these are the email addresses you can forward your complaints to -
Ikeja Electricity Distribution - customercare@ikejaelectric.com
Eko Electricity Distribution - customercare@ekedp.com
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission - complaints@nerc.gov.ng

The only sensible comment in my opinion.

People will be waiting for someone to fight for their rights.

Or keep on saying that is how they do in naija.

Bros, go to their office and fight for your right

4 Likes

Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by kolaish(m): 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2018
johnime:
A thread on why PREPAID METER being distributed TO ALL may never be achieved in Nigeria.
After the Nigerian Police, Nigerian Electricity distribution companies are next on the list when it comes to corruption. This has been in existence from time immemorial, just like barracks, many government have come and gone but the deep rooted corruption in the system remains

In April 2016, I moved in to my current apartment. The apartment was still connected to an old meter and there was an outstanding payment of

Due to popular demand, these are the email addresses you can forward your complaints to -
Good one. I like your tenacity and determination in pursuing the matter to a logical conclusion.
The problem with me is that I do not have the time and energy to carry on as you did as I am always a very busy person. So, I will keep paying their so-called estimated bill until I have their time.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by amarilo: 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2018
johnime:

In April 2016, I moved in to my current apartment. The apartment was still connected to an old meter and there was an outstanding payment of about N385,000.00 to be paid. This wasn't revealed to me before I made payment for the rent, as usual (that's how they all do).This became a worry and an absolute headache. I asked the landlord why it was so and she made me understand that the apartment was not in use for 5years.I asked how come it wasn't reported to NEPA so they'd stop the billing, she gave me a copy of the letter she wrote to them. So I took the matter up, wrote several mails to Eko electricity company and the matter was on for 11months, note that in the space of this 11 months, I never got a monthly bill lesser than 24,000.00. You want to ask if I have a factory in my apartment? No I don't. So it extended from wanting the company to zerorize the ridiculous outstanding balance in the billing account to fighting and contesting the outrageous billing system which do not in any way represent my true electricity consumption and wanting a Prepaid Meter

The battle began.
After several exchange of mails betweens myself and Eko Electric and no solution was forthcoming, I moved the matter to NERC, the regulatory body for all electricity distribution companies in Nigeria. I filed a petition against Ekedp and the undertaking in charge of my area.

Lo and behold, after three days from the petition submission to NERC, I got a call from the marketing manager for my area pleading for me to make myself available to allow them come to my house and take inventory of the electrical appliances I use.

NERC is working yeah? Right. A staff of the Ekedp came to take the inventory and at the end of the computations, we calculated and multiplied each appliance by the estimated units they consume per day and multiplied by 31days.

Recall I said I never got a bill less than 24k in a month?Then we arrived at a figure that even the Eko electric staff who came to take the inventory opened his mouth and couldn't close it. What I should be billed based on having 24hour light per day(which is not even possible) in 31 days was 4,800.00. I almost ran mad. I took a copy of the report, scanned it and attached it to my next petition to NERC.
At this point, the marketing manager attached to my undertaking had started calling and begging me to stop the petitions. That they could all get sacked if matters gets escalated further.Then in September 2017, after all the troubles and how I never got tired if pursuing the issue, I got a mail from Eko electricity to come with some required documents in order to fill a form for a PREPAID METER.

I was at my gate then this Alfa looking guy was parading and trying to see house number on the fence. My instinct told me to ask if he was asking for Ayo, then he said yes. He was the prepaid meter installer, he was with my new prepaid meter. I also recall that before the whole issue started, I was discouraged severally that I can never be given prepaid meter due to the outstanding balance on the billing account, I paid no mind to all the people that said that and went ahead with my case.
I got the Prepaid meter for FREE. After a week, bill was brought and boom, outstanding balance has been cleared from 385,000.00 to zero balance.
How did I achieve this? I mean I didn't pay a dime to anyone and I never for once bribed my way in all my dealings.I achieved this simply because;

1. I knew my right.
5. I was informed.

Now imagine how many people are out there who don't even know how to go about such tedious and draining process. I learnt that a lot of people even paid as much as 40k to get the prepaid meter. Something that's supposed to be free. Since the prepaid meter was installed in November 27 2017, I have not exhausted the 303 units that came with it which is calculated to be 7,200.00

Do you now see why these people will never allow dream of every homes having a prepaid meter become a reality?
Because such development will block all holes where the electricity distribution corrupt members of staff perpetrate their fraudulent activities and corruption from.

They know that they will be forced to give light more in order to generate revenue and will not be able to charge people outrageously as they are currently doing and remitting the proceeds of their criminal act to their pockets.

Stand up and Fight for what is your right. Prepaid meter is your right, fight for it to the latter. If you believe that your monthly electricity bill do not represent your consumption, make a case.If you're in Lagos, Ikeja Electricity company and Eko electricity company are there for you. If they fail, involve NERC.

Pls can u share the format of your petition to NERC. Am getting a bill of more than 25k every month. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by solutionprovida(m): 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
Please find below the history of this meter no 62130078124

Please visit any of AEDC's customer care unit to log your complaint.
[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by writeprof(m): 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
Pls, where are you that you get up to 71 units for #1000?
I have been using prepaid since 2012 and I have NEVER gotten up to 71 units for 1k for residential.
I noticed there was an unannounced increase this January from #24.97k to #25.21k giving me 40+ units.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by brightnelly(f): 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2018
johnime:

The battle began.

1. I knew my right.
5. I was informed.

Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by stagger: 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
N1000 gives 39.2 units. You are to enjoy a bonus of 75 units every month if you paid for the meter until the cost is paid off from the bonus.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by ajilegend(m): 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
I have a question that needs answer too because ever since I purchased my prepaid meter from Ibadan Distribution company, I have not received a single unit as reward for the purchase of the meter. 2,500 I load gives me normal 90 units and nothing more
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by johnime: 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
Google format of petition to utility companies.
amarilo:
Pls can u share the format of your petition to NERC. Am getting a bill of more than 25k every month. Thanks
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by johnime: 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2018
No, write them a petition, copy the email addresses in my post continually do it and you will see result.
kolaish:
Good one. I like your tenacity and determination in pursuing the matter to a logical conclusion.
The problem with me is that I do not have the time and energy to carry on as you did as I am always a very busy person. So, I will keep paying their so-called estimated bill until I have their time.

1 Like

Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by johnime: 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
Yes, they are most especially NERC.
pedrilo:
thank you very much my guy, u r my type of person, they think they can play on our intelligence in this country. This same tin happened between me and first bank with Consumer Protection Council coming in two settle the matter to my favour. some federal agencies surprisingly are still very upright.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by johnime: 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2018
Freezer yes, AC no. Even if you have AC, do you use it fro up to 12hrs?
ezenwajosh:

Do you have freezer and A.C
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by johnime: 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2018
olujastro:

I love this.
Inasmuch as I hate injustice and corruption, the Nigerian situation is peculiar, annoying and draining. I have tried to fight this EKEDC people before, but as one who has lots of serious ambitions to chase as well, I just let it go.
Why does one have to go through all the stress you went through just for what is right and normal to be done? In other climes, doing the right thing is just like drinking water. It doesn't even come to their brain to do the wrong thing.
The annoying part is that after you get justice, the EKEDC people don't change their ways. They just continue as before and quickly adjust again when they encounter another person willing to go through this long, stressful path.
Can we now see why Nigeria will never develop? The answer is Nigerians... not the government.
@ the bolded, true.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by godliman: 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
chloedogie:

Calm down and be objective bro. If you are a prepaid customer like me what has been your experience in the past one month? I am not concluding yet until I hear from others. I don't rush into conclusions. I only shared my experience between yesterday and today. What is yours?
I am surprised to read this cause 1000 has being giving me 32 units all this while. Late january i learnt from a disco staff that tarrifs may be hiked from feb and i loaded 10,000 naira worth which gave me 320 kwh. Is the billing system not the same nation wide? I stay in makurdi
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by stilldoingokay(f): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
chloedogie:
Hello guys, just as a way of being conservative, I do buy 1000 naira worth of units for my phcn prepaid meter which gives me 71 units. Going to the office I saw the unit read 4.7 units left. I logged into my buypower account and did my normal1000 naira of 71 units only to see just 17 units. Got angry and felt maybe buypower are the dishonest ones here I just logged into vtpass and low and behold, I was given 19.6 units for 1100 naira. Please when did the distribution companies and ministry of power hiked the tariffs by almost 300% Is this peculiar to me? Of it is a general issue then we all need to speak up. We are customers and stakeholders how could they take such a decision without our consent and with that dangerous percentage increase? Please the MODS should let us all see this. See pictures below. Another question I want to ask just like we pay between 143 and 145 naira per litre of fuel, how much are we being charges per kilowatt for residential buildings? What is the standard ministry of power approi rates I'm conjunction with the DISCOS

you're not alone fella. I was Jock yesterday too, when I purchased a 15,000 naira unit only to found 6,000 naira unit.
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by CriticMaestro: 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2018
kingkakaone:

Very correct.
But 1000 gave me 32 units while 500 gave me about 47 units too. Same way 5000 gave my neighbor about 165 units too.
But it is only 3k I do highest which is 96units
1 thousand for 71 units is abnormal and I believe they are collecting the units back gradually.
ehen problem solved
Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by Provalker: 2:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
johnime:

The battle began.

1. I knew my right.
5. I was informed.

Re: 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics by mokset123: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
winnersmith:
Same thing in my house.. This is the secret, Just forget the meter and do your connection if you can. Always remove the connection you do before going to work, and when you are back around 5 or 6 pm, reconnect am back and enjoy it. Just live the 1k unit inside the meter, It will never finish.
If them gbab you your name go be sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Live Updates: Bauchi Senatorial By-Election (Official INEC results) / Adamu Kabir Matazu Threatens To Commit Suicide If Buhari Loses 2019 Election / “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.