Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja (35167 Views)

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
EdoBoy90:
OP, You Lied In Your Mode Of Transportation. In that area, don't compare Abuja and Lagos. Abuja mode of transportation is very organised and decent. No Touts or Agberoes. Good road network in Abuja than Lagos...

When I was in Lagos, I woke up 4am to work and got home in 11pm but here in Abuja I walk up 6:30am to work then get home 6.00pm or 6:30pm
Op, before you say anything, I have experience in both places

BRO U LIVED IN IYANOBA AND WORKED IN LEKKI THATS WHY. I LIVE IN LEKKI AND WORK IN VI,ITS SO FLEXIBLE ,BEFORE 5*3O AM HOME

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Handsomecole(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
OP you made some points .

But you didn't in some aspects . I wouldn't want to conclude here that you have not visted both places , but I can tell you categorically I was born , schooled and worked in Lagos I can tell you simply that working in Abuja is better than Lagos.

For Job seekers I would agree Lagos is better. However I for job starters who had job offers or opportunity to choose Abuja is far better.

I used to also have that erroneous believe that Lagos is better but sincerely since I moved here Abj is better.

Let's start with the calmness and serenity Abuja is calm, little or no taffic stress , no over crowding or disirbing neighbours like we have in Lagos . In Abuja whatever you earn will show in your appearance especially feeding unlike Lagos.

Even in the aspect of Accomdation I agree with you that it's expensive but there are still some areas you can rent at less prices areas like Kubwa, Suleja, Maraba the rents are not as you just have to plan , as a hustler you can even put up with friends during the week and go back to your house at weekends.

Transportation here is also good too no less crowd or bus stops filled with smoke and 1 million commuters biko. No Agbero and unlike what most people believe it's even cheap.

Feeding is also very cheap in terms of buying food stuffs . Last time my neighbour bought a basket of tomatoes for N2000 yes 2k that is just an example a normal local market in Kubwa I bought like 5 yam tubers for N1500 where in Lagos can you get that? Infact it's cheaper in local markets in the outskirts of Abuja.

As for job opportunities like I said earlier it's all about planning you don't just move into Abuja and start walking up and down looking for job. There are some hustle jobs that pay real good . Abuja is still a Virgin land for hustle opportunities.

The only aspect I may agree is the fun side , it's somehow costlier to flex in Abuja . But in most clubs in Abuja you can meet people that will change ur life for ever . Politicians and the likes .

it's all about self discipline and planning.

May God help us all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by dasphinx1(m): 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
@OP, please leave our Abuja for us o..... We love our serene, organized city the way it is. You can enjoy your Lagos the way you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by pedrilo: 1:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
EdoBoy90:
OP, You Lied In Your Mode Of Transportation. In that area, don't compare Abuja and Lagos. Abuja mode of transportation is very organised and decent. No Touts or Agberoes. Good road network in Abuja than Lagos...

When I was in Lagos, I woke up 4am to work and got home in 11pm but here in Abuja I walk up 6:30am to work then get home 6.00pm or 6:30pm
everytin is expensive in abuja including transportation, i also have experience with both cities. lagos is better for young starters, dnt get it twisted
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Bloomyloo: 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
LeOstrich:
[s][/s]

Accomodation is far cheaper in Abuja than Lagos. There are suburbs that you will still get descent accommodation under 400k for a 2 bedroom flat and if you factor security. road network and general serenity, Abuja trumps Lagos. How much is a flat in Egbeda going for now? 500-600K!

Abuja has the best road network in Nigeria and transportation in Abuja is far cheaper than Lagos. You can get a drop from Kubwa to the Airport for 2,500k - a distance of more than 50km! That is twice the distance from Oshodi to Apapa. How much does it cost to take a drop from Apapa to V.I? Or those your useless wooden chair danfos that cost about 400 naira from Allen to Obalende?

Abuja may not have a high density of oloshos but olosho still dey and far better than those smelly Lagos girls. Because I know what you meant by night life you are referring to Olosho joints.

Boys come to Abuja and become Men. Property business is booming and virtually any other venture. If you want a 9-5 remain in your urban jungle

I've had this argument countless times with my friends.
Cost of living in Abuja is cheaper that Lagos when we consider the basic necessities of life:

Food: Raw and healthy food/Fruits is cheaper and fresher in Abuja. Lagos has more cheap and tasteless Iyabasira joints, agreed, but in Abj, it's all fresh and u cook to your taste. (Excluding Igbo ingredients).

Housing: in Abj, you either live in the suburbs or in town, however, I consider their houses cheap. If u find a house for 300k, with 330k you can close the deal. 10% commission and you pack in. In Lagos, Landlord tells u 300k, pls budget 700k cus by the time they do all those agency and commission and all those trash maths for u, u will be wrecked pocket wise.

Transport:. Good road network in Abj, cheap and affordable cab service, decent none-Uber cabs.

The only cheap thing in Lag is commodities like clothing, shoes and all those ready made stuff cus of Port and industry presence.

I've lived in both places, I'm currently in Lag and the difference is clear

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by highness25(m): 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
horpeyemmi66:
I'd rather live in Ibadan. I grew up in Lagos, however, I hate the lagosian kind of life. The blaring of horns, the crowded bus stops, my dad used to leave home by 3:30Am to beat traffic to VI. Sometimes when I follow him, you'd see people already at bus stops and those nonsense Tippers are already on the move. Who wants to live like that?

Lagos and Abuja, together, is a no no for me.
Then park go Aso rock now
Lols
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by shankara7: 1:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
krissconnect:
Very true. The cost of T-fare and cost of living is so mind blowing. If I wanna go on a date with a gal since I don't av car, I'll bring out like 2k for just T-fare and 3k for the date. #shikena cry
2k for Transport fare in Abuja? You obviously don't live in Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by oxbowlake: 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
OP is high on igbo.
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Youngzedd(m): 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
LeOstrich:

I tell you.

I am an original Lagos Boi but since I got to Abuja in 2004, I see no reason returning to Lagos. Anytime I have the misfortune of going to Lagos, I always thank God I left in 2004!

Useless city with arrogant pricks who think say dem sabi pass.

What gets me so angry in the city is that you cannot do business the way you should, just like in Abuja. Imagine you have 15 deliveries in a day, at the end of the day, you will only cover 3 places all because of traffic. In Lagos, you don't have your life to live, everything is stress.

This madness made me to shift my business.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Krafty006: 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
both have merits and demerits....quality office shoes, https://www.nairaland.com/4405075/new-designs
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Youngzedd(m): 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
Bloomyloo:

I've had this argument countless times with my friends.
Cost of living in Abuja is cheaper that Lagos when we consider the basic necessities of life:

Food: Raw and healthy food/Fruits is cheaper and fresher in Abuja. Lagos has more cheap and tasteless Iyabasira joints, agreed, but in Abj, it's all fresh and u cook to your taste. (Excluding Igbo ingredients).

Housing: in Abj, you either live in the suburbs or in town, however, I consider their houses cheap. If u find a house for 300k, with 330k you can close the deal. 10% commission and you pack in. In Lagos, Landlord tells u 300k, pls budget 700k cus by the time they do all those agency and commission and all those trash maths for u, u will be wrecked pocket wise.

Transport:. Good road network in Abj, cheap and affordable cab service, decent none-Uber cabs.

The only cheap thing in Lag is commodities like clothing, shoes and all those ready made stuff cus of Port and industry presence.

I've lived in both places, I'm currently in Lag and the difference is clear

You killed it with food in Lagos. Lagos people just eat to survive not to enjoy food.

The OP is actually high on cheap weed because everything He pointed out doesn't make sense.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by LeOstrich: 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
Youngzedd:

What gets me so angry in the city is that you cannot do business the way you should, just like in Abuja. Imagine you have 15 deliveries in a day, at the end of the day, you will only cover 3 places all because of traffic. In Lagos, you don't have your life to live, everything is stress.

This madness made me to shift my business.

There is also pollution in every form. Noise, air and water pollution.

When I left Lagos for Abuja my health returned. I used to suffer from persistent Bronchitis and was always fatigued.

I have since regained my health.

Abuja has it's faults mostly around the useless Ab0ki demons but I can safely say that Lagos is by far the worst place to live, work and raise a family on the planet.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by LeOstrich: 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
Youngzedd:

The OP is actually high on cheap weed because everything He pointed out doesn't make sense.

The OP just visisted Abuja for 2 days from Osogbo.

Jealousy wey Yorubas get for Abuja and Uyo no be here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Handsomecole(m): 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2018
I swear broadly just read my own comment . I wish I had moved earlier
LeOstrich:

I tell you.

I am an original Lagos Boi but since I got to Abuja in 2004, I see no reason returning to Lagos. Anytime I have the misfortune of going to Lagos, I always thank God I left in 2004!

Useless city with arrogant pricks who think say dem sabi pass.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by manmorris23(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=Youngzedd post=66056790]Nonsense article. The OP haven't been to Abuja.

Lagos traffic alone is tourist attraction grin

Lagos is a city of madness, I cannot live there mbok. brother are in abuja please chat me up I want to ask you something 08160679731
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by krissconnect(m): 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2018
shankara7:
2k for Transport fare in Abuja? You obviously don't live in Abuja.
I meant drop bro. Who wan folo bae enter taxi wey dey stuffed up
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
some guys hear are talking rubbish, the top top men in Abuja are from lagos, they own houses in Banana island.just like our vice presido.. He is a pastor of olive tree parish banana island, he once said that its hard to get a parish to worship on sundays in abuja..were by u can get a church at every 5min walk in lag hear. Brothers and sisters, lag is better. Live in Vi,ikoyi or banana island your mentality wil change. No kind of rich man were u no go c 4 lag. Wizkid, davido, dangote, psquare and all top top men including me resides in lag. Apart 4rm political aspect, abj is like sokoto.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
How about cost comparison?
EdoBoy90:

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Ratello: 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2018
LeOstrich:
[s][/s]

Accomodation is far cheaper in Abuja than Lagos. There are suburbs that you will still get descent accommodation under 400k for a 2 bedroom flat and if you factor security. road network and general serenity, Abuja trumps Lagos. How much is a flat in Egbeda going for now? 500-600K!

Abuja has the best road network in Nigeria and transportation in Abuja is far cheaper than Lagos. You can get a drop from Kubwa to the Airport for 2,500k - a distance of more than 50km! That is twice the distance from Oshodi to Apapa. How much does it cost to take a drop from Apapa to V.I? Or those your useless wooden chair danfos that cost about 400 naira from Allen to Obalende?

Abuja may not have a high density of oloshos but olosho still dey and far better than those smelly Lagos girls. Because I know what you meant by night life you are referring to Olosho joints.

Talk of joints and you have a retinue of serene gardens and parks you can go and relax. Security also makes Abuja far better than Lagos. Out of boredom when I first arrived Abuja, I will leave my then resident at Lugbe FHA and drive to Wuse 2 around 2am. Can I try that nonesene in omota lagos?

Boys come to Abuja and become Men. Property business is booming and virtually any other venture. If you want a 9-5 remain in your urban jungle

God bless you real good. You said the whole truth!
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Youngzedd(m): 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
LeOstrich:

There is also pollution in every form. Noise, air and water pollution.

When I left Lagos for Abuja my health returned. I used to suffer from persistent Bronchitis and was always fatigued.

I have since regained my health.

Abuja has it's faults mostly around the useless Ab0ki demons but I can safely say that Lagos is by far the worst place to live, work and raise a family on the planet.

Yeah, Lagos stinks real bad. Dead rate in Lagos will be high.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by stagger: 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
I own business in both cities but settled in Abuja. What is the difference in accommodation cost between Lekki and Asokoro that I will jeopardize my life and wellbeing to live in that mad house called Lagos?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Youngzedd(m): 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
LeOstrich:

The OP just visisted Abuja for 2 days from Osogbo.

Jealousy wey Yorubas get for Abuja and Uyo no be here.

Lol
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Youngzedd(m): 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=manmorris23 post=66059420][/quote]

Sorry I don't live there. Once lived there for a month sha.
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by shankara7: 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
krissconnect:

I meant drop bro. Who wan folo bae enter taxi wey dey stuffed up
From where to where did they charge you 2k in Abuja? Taxi fares in Abuja is cheap.. The price of drop is 200-400 depending on where you're going within the city.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Goddys(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
paul5378:
some guys hear are talking rubbish, the top top men in Abuja are from lagos, they own houses in Banana island.just like our vice presido.. He is a pastor of olive tree parish banana island, he once said that its hard to get a parish to worship on sundays in abuja..were by u can get a church at every 5min walk in lag hear. Brothers and sisters, lag is better. Live in Vi,ikoyi or banana island your mentality wil change. No kind of rich man were u no go c 4 lag. Wizkid, davido, dangote, psquare and all top top men including me resides in lag. Apart 4rm political aspect, abj is like sokoto.
Are you one of the big men sir? Lol
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by krissconnect(m): 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
shankara7:
From where to where did they charge you 2k in Abuja? Taxi fares in Abuja is cheap.. The price of drop is 200-400 depending on where you're going within the city.
now ure tryna claim u knw abj very well. Nice u said depending on wia ure going. Now if I'm going frm kubwa to central area, how much u think it'll cost oga? undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
Goddys:
Are you one of the big men sir? Lol
Sure...
Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
Its only a mumu that will say LAGOS is better than ABUJA... the only things lagos is better is cheap olosho.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by bujebudanu1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
krissconnect:
now ure tryna claim u knw abj very well. Nice u said depending on wia ure going. Now if I'm going frm kubwa to central area, how much u think it'll cost oga? undecided

Oga haba.u too fear God. How can u enter drop from kubwa to central area and u want them to take 200 or 400
If u want along .u must take two cabs.
A driver won't leave a full load of 1200 to carry u for 400h

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by kevoh(m): 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
paul5378:
So Lagos is better because you can find a church every 5 minutes walk? What an irony! I give up!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
God bless you!
Handsomecole:
OP you made some points .

But you didn't in some aspects . I wouldn't want to conclude here that you have not visted both places , but I can tell you categorically I was born , schooled and worked in Lagos I can tell you simply that working in Abuja is better than Lagos.

For Job seekers I would agree Lagos is better. However I for job starters who had job offers or opportunity to choose Abuja is far better.

I used to also have that erroneous believe that Lagos is better but sincerely since I moved here Abj is better.

Let's start with the calmness and serenity Abuja is calm, little or no taffic stress , no over crowding or disirbing neighbours like we have in Lagos . In Abuja whatever you earn will show in your appearance especially feeding unlike Lagos.

Even in the aspect of Accomdation I agree with you that it's expensive but there are still some areas you can rent at less prices areas like Kubwa, Suleja, Maraba the rents are not as you just have to plan , as a hustler you can even put up with friends during the week and go back to your house at weekends.

Transportation here is also good too no less crowd or bus stops filled with smoke and 1 million commuters biko. No Agbero and unlike what most people believe it's even cheap.

Feeding is also very cheap in terms of buying food stuffs . Last time my neighbour bought a basket of tomatoes for N2000 yes 2k that is just an example a normal local market in Kubwa I bought like 5 yam tubers for N1500 where in Lagos can you get that? Infact it's cheaper in local markets in the outskirts of Abuja.

As for job opportunities like I said earlier it's all about planning you don't just move into Abuja and start walking up and down looking for job. There are some hustle jobs that pay real good . Abuja is still a Virgin land for hustle opportunities.

The only aspect I may agree is the fun side , it's somehow costlier to flex in Abuja . But in most clubs in Abuja you can meet people that will change ur life for ever . Politicians and the likes .

it's all about self discipline and planning.

May God help us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

13 Hidden Secrets Lawyers Won’t Tell Their Client / My Boss Is Asking Me Out On A Date / How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.