Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,314 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. (43940 Views)

Thief's Face Transforms Into Chinese Man's After Beating (photo) / 8 Repentant Terrorists Die After Mistaken Explosive Device For Scrap Metals / Young Man Shot Dead By Cultists After ‘Mistaken Him For Someone Else’. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Follygunners: 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

You are a FOOL. And u show your level. Who uses the word "akata" these days. Only an ignoramus like u. Shows the kind of people u associate with -people in the gutter. Of course u never come accross the millions of hard-working middle and upper class black Americans because u r in the gutter and only experience people in the gutter. MUMU.

At the end of it all... what do you know? undecided You can sit behind ur machine and run ur stinky mouth all you want but, when you see me in face to face, I bet you'll melt. angry
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

The way you are denigrating the black race here, it seems as if you are white.

That aside, I'd like you to tell me about that Wyclef song 'Diallo'you talked about. What was it really about?

The man is an ignoramus.Who uses the word "akata" these days? Shows u his level.

1 Like

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

Of the huge number of Nigerians in US, how many times have u heard if any shot? These things are isolated.
Gun shot doesn't recognise colours, ethnic nor race. It can happen to anyone. All am saying is, no place is 100% secure on earth.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
Follygunners:

At the end of it all... what do you know? undecided You can sit behind ur machine and run ur stinky mouth all you want but, when you see me in face to face, I bet you'll melt. angry

You have already shown your level and stupid mentality by your post.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by yemi15(m): 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

You get killed and your family get nothing VS. you get killed and your family gets millions, u don't see any difference. I give up.

Check where I mentioned life insurance cover
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Gun shot doesn't recognise colours, ethnic nor race. It can happen to anyone. All am saying is, no place is 100% secure on earth.

You'd FEEL a thousand times safer in an average US city than average Nigerian city.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Follygunners: 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

The way you are denigrating the black race here, it seems as if you are white.

That aside, I'd like you to tell me about that Wyclef song 'Diallo'you talked about. What was it really about?

I'm NOT trying to denigrate at all. I'm just being objective!

I take it, you're an indomie generation, right? grin Try and listen to it... You'll love it.

It's simply about a Guinean Immigrant named 'Diallo". He was wrongfully shot multiple times by a NYPD officer which stir so much public opposition, media attention and racial tension.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by RaptorX: 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
I have always maintained that American cops especially the white one's are 100 times more brutal than Nigerian police. The kind of rubbish Nigerians try with the police here will get you a bullet to the brain if you try it with an American cop especially the white cops.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Afamed: 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
This is another proof that there is no perfect society in the world.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
yemi15:

Check where I mentioned life insurance cover

What's wrong with this guy. How many 22 y.o. you know have life insurance. How many Nigerians have life insurance? Do u have life insurance?
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Follygunners: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

You have already shown your level and stupid mentality by your post.

1 Like

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

You'd FEEL a thousand times safer in an average US city than average Nigerian city.
If you say so, all I know is no place is 100% safe.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ALAYORMII: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
DrRasheed:
And some dimwits are packing their hard end monies to depart there....

Nigeria forever...

Police killing of innocent civilians is more rampant in Nigeria, bro
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
RaptorX:
I have always maintained that American cops especially the white one's are 100 times more brutal than Nigerian police. The kind of rubbish Nigerians try with the police here will get you a bullet to the brain if you try it with an American cop especially the white cops.

U r talking out of pure ignorance. If this happened in Nigeria, it won't even be news.
There is absolutely no comparison.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
ALAYORMII:

Police killing of innocent civilians is more rampant in Nigeria, bro

Of course. This will barely make the news in Nigeria.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Xisnin(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
ConAir:
The whites don't give a damn about Africans. We respect and honor them like gods yet we are treated like parasites.

If only we had good governance,and leaders with vision and mission who care about the masses Africa as a whole will become a better place. Rip dude.

The victim is an American!
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Afamed: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

Your assumption is not 100 percentage correct. From March till date 2018, over 18 cases of school shootings were recorded in US with so many lives lost.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by yemi15(m): 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

What's wrong with this guy. How many 22 y.o. you know have life insurance. How many Nigerians have life insurance? Do u have life insurance?

Not abroad, there is something called a family life insurance cover.

Don't ever compare abroad to here, sorry to burst your bubble, nothing works here!
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by RaptorX: 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
ameri9ja:

U r talking out of pure ignorance. If this happened in Nigeria, it won't even be news.
There is absolutely no comparison.
You are silly, there are tons of video I have seen of Nigerians beating up police. Go and try to fight an American cop especially if you are a black man if your brains will not be splattered on the sidewalk. I doubt your feet has ever touched American soil.

1 Like

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Appleyard(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
soberdrunk:
When you read stories like this you just want to drive to the nearest police station and hug all the Nigerian policemen on duty. How the hell do you shoot one person "20 times"?? Even if he was holding the switch to lauch a nuclear weapon!!! 20 times!!!!?? Haba!!!
20 times is just an indication of the deep and seething hatred they have for anything black. And when folks like us cries out about this satanic act of racism that hold sway in America, some idiotic Nigerians will lambaste you for daring to speak against America.

In a normal society, those police officers would be dismissed because emptying 20 bullets on the body of an unarmed colored man shows they have bias racial tendency of handling security matters. But being the America that will know, nothing will happen to them.

very pathetic.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nowenuse: 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
Follygunners:

I'm NOT trying to denigrate at all. I'm just being objective!

I take it, you're an indomie generation, right? grin Try and listen to it... You'll love it.

It's simply about a Guinean Immigrant named 'Diallo". He was wrongfully shot multiple times by a NYPD officer which stir so much public opposition, media attention and racial tension.

Lol. Indomie generation kwa. I am in my mid 20s.

I know the song very well and I can even sing it to you from beginning to the end. I just did not understand the message of the song. Wayback, I used to listen to songs just because I loved them and not cos I understand their message.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Follygunners: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

Lol. Indomie generation kwa. I am in my mid 20s.

I know the song very well and I can even sing it to you from beginning to the end. I just did not understand the message of the song. Wayback, I used to listen to songs just because I loved them and not cos I understand their message.

Cool... You're still considered an Indomie ooo... (Generation 'Y'). At least you now know why the song was sang and dedicated to the guy. wink
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2018
RaptorX:
You are silly, there are tons of video I have seen of Nigerians beating up police. Go and try to fight an American cop especially if you are a black man if your brains will not be splattered on the sidewalk.

Bros, I constantly experience both so I'm in a position to compare. I have seen photo of Nigeria police arrest 6 peope alive. Next photo is those six people dead - they died in custody. It was a one day news - no outrage, no outcry.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by BetaThings: 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
DrRasheed:
And some dimwits are packing their hard end monies to depart there....

Nigeria forever...

They say Nigeria is shithole and America is heaven

Look at a man shot dead in cold blood by a bailbond agent
He was trying to escape through the window; he was not a threat to the woman who shot him in the back
She was acquitted of first degree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elVClWlTOZ4
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nowenuse: 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
Follygunners:

Cool... You're still considered an Indomie ooo... (Generation 'Y'). At least you now know why the song was sang and dedicated to the guy. wink

Hmm, So, I take it that Indomie generation refers to all those born in the 90s. Even those of the early 90s?
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by freecocoa(f): 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
20 times really? That's just really nice, seeing as he is the Osama Bin Laden we all been hearing about.

Its really a pity. Someone better pay for this.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by Nowenuse: 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
yemi15:

Actually, it is the word "nigger" that is offensive, not the "nigga" you quoted

What is the difference?
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
yemi15:

Not abroad, there is something called a family life insurance cover.

Don't ever compare abroad to here, sorry to burst your bubble, nothing works here!

Now I see the source of your ignorance. Bros, nothing like family life insurance. The average person abroad has no life insurance just like in Nigeria. And where they have, payout is in thousands not millions.
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by yemi15(m): 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

What is the difference?

There is a difference, one is mentioned as a term of endearment for blacks while one is inherently racist
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by freecocoa(f): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
soberdrunk:
When you read stories like this you just want to drive to the nearest police station and hug all the Nigerian policemen on duty. How the hell do you shoot one person "20 times"?? Even if he was holding the switch to lauch a nuclear weapon!!! 20 times!!!!?? Haba!!!
Hug them for what? Haven't they killed more unarmed people than their American counterparts? Or you think because they'd use 20 bullets to kill 20 people, while these ones use same to kill one person, makes them better? Why exactly should they be hugged? Abeg stop it o.

1 Like

Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by martineverest(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

I always listened to that song in the past but never knew what it was about. What was it really about?
the innocent African was shot 49 times by American police ,thinking he was holding a gun......they later realised he wasn't holding any.they police men went jailed.

if u notice,that music started with 49 gunshots
Re: California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. by ameri9ja: 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Afamed:

Your assumption is not 100 percentage correct. From March till date 2018, over 18 cases of school shootings were recorded in US with so many lives lost.

Less than 30 people killed. None of them Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students / Man Loses joystick During Fight In Lagos / 12 ASPs In Police Convoy Kidnapped, Families Selling Properties To Pay Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.