Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ (4860 Views)

Dangote Listed Among World’s 50 Most Influential Persons / Enugu Makes History, Joins World’s 100 Resilient Cities / Time Lists Jonathan, Obama, Messi Among World’s 100 Most Influential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 2:09am On May 05, 2010
^^^^^^

Why not find out? Remember Yoruba claims of Yabatech being the oldest in AFRICA and the 3rd oldest in the world? It rhymes with this one as an Yoruba propaganda. Please do not bring Igbo into your way of life.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by Nobody: 2:18am On May 05, 2010
mekusxxx:

Remember Yoruba claims of Yabatech being the oldest in AFRICA and the 3rd oldest in the world? It rhymes with this one as an Yoruba propaganda. Please do not bring Igbo into your way of life.

you're really a nuisance.

face the person who claimed what you're parroting here and stop being an irritant.

anyway, i checked and yes, the school does lay claim to being the first higher institution in nigeria. If that annoys you, go kick a rock!

Yaba Higher College was founded in 1934, and, when the students were moved to Ibadan to create the University of Ibadan in 1948 as part of the Nigerian Ten-year Technical Education Development Plan of 1944, the college was founded as Yaba Technical Institute, a technical successor institution, in 1947. The creation of the college was facilitated by bringing together training centres of public departments, including the Lands and Survey Training Centre which started in 1908, and those of the Marine which started in 1928, the P.W.D. in 1931, the Post and Telegraphs also in 1931 and the Railways in 1942. The name was changed to the current one for the first time in 1963 following requests from students. Research was added to instruction and training in the objects of the institution by the decree of 1969.[3] The name was changed to Federal Polytechnic Yaba in 1979, but changed back to the current one in 1980

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaba_College_of_Technology

angry angry
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by SEFAGO(m): 2:19am On May 05, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^^^

Why not find out? Remember Yoruba claims of Yabatech being the oldest in AFRICA and the 3rd oldest in the world? It rhymes with this one as an Yoruba propaganda. Please do not bring Igbo into your way of life.

You can find similar claims on the website of even famous universities- unsubstantiated claims  grin, it could also be an igbo man who even put it there.

What do yoruba people have to gain- na dem force nwogu to write a fake story? I am sure the punch has lots of igbo editors

Just accept the fact that this was a big fat lie- you should urself have checked the veracity of the story- rarely do superpowerful people enter the influential list.

You+Nwogu = Propagandist to overblow the achievements of a certain group
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 2:45am On May 05, 2010
Any false-claiming Igbo must be one who lives in Yorubaland. What again do they say about G x E = P in genetics? grin grin
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by SEFAGO(m): 2:57am On May 05, 2010
mekusxxx:

Any false-claiming Igbo must be one who lives in Yorubaland. What again do they say about G x E = P in genetics? grin grin

Especially if the genetics outweighs the environment, performance go slow- you cannot take a bushman out of the bush, clothe and feed him, then expect him to follow the same norms that you have grin

wetin u expect punch to do? In the ever loving attitude of yoruba people they took this guy and let him write for the newspaper. They did not expect such eff up now
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 3:26am On May 05, 2010
Sefago (omo ijogbon) stop twisting the facts. All false claims are usually from Yoruba. Why do you not find such in Sun and Champion or other non-Yoruba newspapers? + why must it be an Igbo who lives in Yorubaland that will make false claims such as Yoruba are known for? You check am now.

BTW, genetics can never outweigh the environment. Gene expression is clearly driven by the environment. Otherwise they remain unexpressed. Make I teach you small genetics, olodo
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by bawomolo(m): 3:56am On May 05, 2010
dayokanu has killed this thread lol.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by SEFAGO(m): 3:57am On May 05, 2010
BTW, genetics can never outweigh the environment. Gene expression is clearly driven by the environment. Otherwise they remain unexpressed. Make I teach you small genetics, olodo

Thats the biggest bull I have heard in my little years on this earth. If you are claiming natural selection yes, but not what you are talking about. Genetics outweighs the environment in several cases
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 4:16am On May 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Thats the biggest bull I have heard in my little years on this earth. If you are claiming natural selection yes, but not what you are talking about. Genetics outweighs the environment in several cases

You will not surprise me, always wanting to poke into what you do not know. A gene is a useless piece of DNA until it is expressed and it cannot be expressed until the right environment is presented. Essential without E no G (G remains latent). The only situation where G is not related to E is under constitutive expression, requiring no inducement (E) and that is talking about house-keeping gene expression. And we are talking about an Igbo man (G) expressing certain traits because he lives in Yorubaland (E). So whether by natural selection or conventional gene regulation, this theory holds true. I know you graduated from Sagamu Community University, Ijebu oloko cheesy
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by SEFAGO(m): 4:38am On May 05, 2010
mekusxxx:

You will not surprise me, always wanting to poke into what you do not know. A gene is a useless piece of DNA until it is expressed and it cannot be expressed until the right environment is presented. Essential without E no G (G remains latent). Whether by natural selection or typical gene regulation, this theory holds true. I know you graduated from Sagamu Community University, Ijebu oloko cheesy

LOL, another bullcrap. You sound really confused- I sincerely doubt you can really teach me anything about DNA mate. Your attempts at intelligence are laughable lol. Moreover, I know you are not even a biochemist/molecular biologist so your knowledge of DNA or "gene expression" is wikipedia based/google based.

If you want to rub with my great mind on genetics- open another thread, and I would mull you with my superior IQ grin

By the way gene regulation especially in eukaryotic systems is extremely complex- claiming the environment plays such a significant role as you do, has not being discovered/proven by anyone
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 4:43am On May 05, 2010
Sefago, please go back and read my post before this.

You end up thrashing all over the place without saying anything. What is it in my claim that is wrong?
How do you know I am not a molecular biologist?
FYI, I have an MSc in Molecular Biology, ok? and my PhD had a very, very, very significant molecular biology component. In any case, what I am teaching you is basic genetics. When I get to advance molecular biology, you will run into the bush. You can do all the googling you want, it still does not negate the fact that you are a neophyte in these things.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 4:49am On May 05, 2010
I doubt you even know the meaning of the P in G x E = P. Shame. It is not performance, it is phenotype (the physically observable outcome of G x E) For e.g, the trait of false claim by your folks, as learnt by the Lagos-dwelling Igbo reporter of Punch.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by SEFAGO(m): 5:03am On May 05, 2010
p= phenotype, elementary bio mate. does not have to do with gene regulation. Wasted ur time on an MSc
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 5:06am On May 05, 2010
Phenotype does not have to do with gene regulation? Hahahah! So what then is the product of gene expression and its regulation? Now Iknow how daft you are.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 5:09am On May 05, 2010
Let me teach you abit more:

If there is no regulation of the expression of false claims by you, then the phenotype you get will be almost eternal (unregulated lies and false claims). So by me regulating you, I curtail the lies you tell and the false claims (the Ps) that you make.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by tkb417(m): 8:13am On May 05, 2010
@Sefago

you have time for this owo jona o ; i wonder who paid for his school fees if all the years he spent in a classrom will not refine him

rubbish
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by lelele: 9:13am On May 05, 2010
its an annual thingy m8, last year Mr. Adeboye was on d list (an alumnae), bt dis yia nt a single naija on d list.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by lelele: 9:18am On May 05, 2010
@Mekussxx
D writa is an idiot, and only a fool like u will bliv dat some1 totally unknown will b in d top10000 most influential people. However Mr. Adeboye is an alumnae of the list.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by hatch: 9:51am On May 05, 2010
@Mekussxx
I sometimes wonder what your brain is made up off ? I also wonder why you keep changing screen ids. Today you are Mekussxx tomorrow you are Metal-gong ! undecided

Ka na ji turanchi ko ? Ba na so fa !
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by abadaba(m): 10:45pm On May 05, 2010
Shame to you all tribalists.
What a shame that because of only one man-Mekus, all the tribalist have gathered here to swallow him.
He has proved to you all that he is smarter than you lots, shameless tribalists.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by hectorswag(m): 8:34am On May 06, 2010
wahala wa ooo undecided
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by Nemeziz9ja: 8:56am On May 06, 2010
grin
To hell with all these tribal sentiments.
The first Nigerian to actually win the Rolex Awards for Enterprise is an Hausa Man almost a decade ago.
Nigeria is indeed an ethnic boiling pot.
angry
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by SEFAGO(m): 9:11am On May 06, 2010
See naija people are smart: this is what I call the rolex sweep wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnar90VEwe4
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by lelele: 11:05am On May 06, 2010
@abada
U r a way off point on dis one, Do u kno who a tribalist is? Mekusssxxx of cos. Is any otha person promotin anoda tribe? Yorubas by nature dnt promote people from their tribe, dey are self- promotas.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by lelele: 4:04pm On May 06, 2010
@ ALL

Can we all just stop all these tribal sentiments, can we please stop it. For instance look at BK/babe97's signature its a praise sing 4 an Ibo man (Bt den u guys kip taunting him). Look at Aloy +Emeka, dt guy seems totally de-tribalised. MEKUSSXXX, DEDE1, GODSLOVER, WILY+WILY, NAIJA DULL, BK/BABE, Bluetooth, Katsumoto, SFEAGO, ABADA, (my brothers, beyond d shores of Naija we r brodas. We cnt b hating each otha in a strange land) What's yr argument? Is it dt Nigeria hasn't b fair 2 d Ibos? Yes, bt den its nt fair to any of its citizens outside d political class. I want to use this opportunity to extend an olive branch to everyone, lets borrow a leaf from The United States and the European Union, there is power in synergy. There are far too many advantages in us working as one, please lets love and not hate. Sorry about bruised egos, bt can we please just stop this. If we the elite southerners hate each otha this much (Whic is funny, cos u hardly find a family without intertribal marriage in d cosmopolitan south), den how can we tolerate Ghanaians, Togolese and otha W/African neighbours? Please I am begging you to stop, lets move together as one.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by nellaluv(f): 11:26pm On May 06, 2010
ode ni gbogbo yiin! lol undecided
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by TewMuch: 12:01am On May 07, 2010
This thread is one of the funniest threads on Nairaland. ROTFLMAO! Seems people have been watching Mekusxxx for a while and have decided to show him fire for fire. Also seems Mekus is an Igbo man living in Yorubaland cause he knows how to curse in Yoruba:

mekusxxx:

Sefago (omo ijogbon) stop twisting the facts. All false claims are usually from Yoruba. Why do you not find such in Sun and Champion or other non-Yoruba newspapers? + why must it be an Igbo who lives in Yorubaland that will make false claims such as Yoruba are known for? You check am now.

So i guess this also applies to Mekusxxx:

mekusxxx:

Punch is a Yoruba newspaper. The editors  are most likely Yoruba. This reporter is only a small fry who in any case lives in Lagos and has imbibed Yoruba ways of life (lying and deceit). The editors (and of course, the publisher) decide what gets published. So the news remains an Yoruba news cheesy cheesy
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 12:06am On May 07, 2010
TewMuch:

This thread is one of the funniest threads on Nairaland. ROTFLMAO! Seems people have been watching Mekusxxx for a while and have decided to show him fire for fire. Also seems Mekus is an Igbo man living in Yorubaland cause he knows how to curse in Yoruba:

So i guess this also applies to Mekusxxx:

I'd rather live in Mongolia than in Yorubaland because I still want my head to hang on my shoulders for much longer. As for the language, it is part of my good attributes that get me whatever I want. I can speak Igbo, Yoruba, French, Nederlands, German and Annang (Akwa Ibom). Moreover I have an Yoruba babe I have been chopping undecided since '05 or so. She puts me through too.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by TewMuch: 12:15am On May 07, 2010
You have a Yoruba babe, that you have been chopping? you Mekusxxx? ROTFLMAO. Yoruba girls hardly marry Igbo boys, so i guess you have been the one wasting your time. lol, you may think you are chopping but you are being chopped. She probably has Yoruba boys to do your job better, and is sucking you dry of all the money you have to spend to keep her. grin
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by mekusxxx: 2:43am On May 07, 2010
^^^^^
Interestingly she gets no dime of my money instead na me dey chop her own, both cash and kind. You know okoro man now! undecided undecided

She is willing to wait as long as I want because she thinks I am a goldfish she must not let go.

You must also be ignorant. Many Igbos and Yoruba inter marry these days. I still dey consider her though.
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by bkbabe97: 9:55am On May 07, 2010
The Yourba chic thinx u a "gold fish"?lol. U, a freaking (alleged) Plant Scientist?lol. I reserve the rest of my comments!!! grin
Re: Time Names Nigerian (guess From Where) Among World’s ‘100 Most Influential’ by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2010
so na wetin him win? Rolex watch?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja / Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out / BREAKING NEWS: CBN Governor, Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.