Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) (48792 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota / Pastor Omasan Mabiaku Delivers A Native Doctor, Destroys His Shrine In Delta / Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by fk001(m): 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

because all Pagan religions are non proselytyzing.

it makes 0 sense for an Igbo person to spread Odinani to Yorubas or vice versa. why would a Yoruba person start praying to the Gods in a foreign language and as per foreign customs and rituals. it makes absolutely no sense. i dont want some other tribe person to follow my ancestral faith. they have their own culture and Pagan religion goes hand in hand with tribal culture. unless i wanto force someone else to accept my culture only then will it make sense.

OK
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
KingSango:

South Sudan is where our people reside since South Sudan declared its independence, I thought every dignified African knew that one! grin

Ancient Ethiopia was the land currently called South Sudan and Sudan.

Your first paragraph is meaningless. Anyway the ancient Greeks did used “Ethiopia” for many black ppl they saw, but they didn’t used it for South Sudan because they didn’t went there. They primarily used it for north Sudan (Nubia).
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by LZAA: 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
imhotep:
African mumuism has assumed gigantic proportions. Just take a look at APC.
cc lzaa onyeoga
grin
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Mujtahida: 9:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
If I were to worship today I'd be a sun worshipper. No need for a church, no need for tithe, no need for preaching or evangelism cos everybody can see and feel it, no need for sacrifices. The sun heals, it guides, it protects, it provides, it's merciful, it doesn't judge, it's faithful, it's consistent, it's generous and gives to all, it's high and exalted. No wonder the ancients being in touch with their natural spiritual instincts worshipped the sun. Sun worship was known in India, in Africa, in Asia, in Europe, everywhere men worshipped the sun. Worshipping what one cannot see is one of the greatest spiritual frauds played on human beings akin to the way parents play Santa on their children

Here's an excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on the piraha aborigines of the Amazon:
According to Everett, the Pirahã have no concept of a supreme spirit or god,[8] and they lost interest in Jesus when they discovered that Everett had never seen him. They require evidence based on personal experience for every claim made.

We call them primitive people but they have common sense. God (as in the god of the Abrahamic religions ) says his devotees gave us eyes but we cannot see him. They say we can only see him by faith with our spiritual eyes. It's a lie. Nothing like spiritual eyes. That's a creation of the priesthood to make you feel less than yourself and to give themselves class. Your natural eyes is your spiritual eyes. Look around you, nature is God. You can touch him, you can see him. He's not in heaven. He's here now. Nature is spiritual. There is nothing spiritual that is not natural and there's nothing natural that is not spiritual.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by ceejayluv(m): 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
XieXie:
The Yoruba culture is a lot more related to the Brazilian culture.
Just like we have Akara, they have a similar snack called Akaraje or so that is similarly prepared and sold the way Akara is done here.

I sight beautiful brown roof at the background, nice scenery. But does it mean the westerners of nig never renovate their houses?
Lol at the emboldened. I like what you did there, man.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by fucktoto: 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2018
macof:

Wtf!
1. Nobody worships idols. It is your dumb Christian propaganda. Using idols doesn't mean worshipping idols.. for your info. Crucifix, bible, kabbah(in islam) are idols, your picture of Jesus and statues of saints are all idols

2. Africans never waged religious wars... pagans generally do not fight for their Gods.. they fight for economic and political reasons

nobody worships idols?

then tell me what pagans do with the lifeless, wooden dummies they keep in their shrines and chant meaningless incantations to? are they toys?

i don't care if you call the crucifix an idol - i'm not a catholic and i don't support their form of worship. but the bible is a book of knowledge of God just like the qur'an.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by ceejayluv(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
Mujtahida:
If I were to worship today I'd be a sun worshipper. No need for a church, no need for tithe, no need for preaching or evangelism cos everybody can see and feel it, no need for sacrifices. The sun heals, it guides, it protects, it provides, it's merciful, it doesn't judge, it's faithful, it's consistent, it's generous and gives to all, it's high and exalted. No wonder the ancients being in touch with their natural spiritual instincts worshipped the sun. Sun worship was known in India, in Africa, in Asia, in Europe, everywhere men worshipped the sun. Worshipping what one cannot see is one of the greatest spiritual frauds played on human beings akin to the way parents play Santa on their children

Here's an excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on the piraha aborigines of the Amazon:
According to Everett, the Pirahã have no concept of a supreme spirit or god,[8] and they lost interest in Jesus when they discovered that Everett had never seen him. They require evidence based on personal experience for every claim made.

We call them primitive people but they have common sense. God (as in the god of the Abrahamic religions ) says his devotees gave us eyes but we cannot see him. They say we can only see him by faith with our spiritual eyes. It's a lie. Nothing like spiritual eyes. That's a creation of the priesthood to make you feel less than yourself and to give themselves class. Your natural eyes is your spiritual eyes. Look around you, nature is God. You can touch him, you can see him. He's not in heaven. He's here now. Nature is spiritual. There is nothing spiritual that is not natural and there's nothing natural that is not spiritual.

Quite enlightening, dude. You're a Philosopher.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by macof(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
fucktoto:

nobody worships idols?

then tell me what pagans do with the lifeless, wooden dummies they keep in their shrines and chant meaningless incantations to? are they toys?

i don't care if you call the crucifix an idol - i'm not a catholic and i don't support their form of worship. but the bible is a book of knowledge of God just like the qur'an.

You should probably educate yourself from appropriate sources not church and religious propaganda

Simple Wikipedia explanation would enlighten you on the meaning and etymology of certain words before you throw them around and insult people in the process

That I make a wooden image of sango and place it in my alter does not mean I'm worshipping the image... are you dumb to not know that?

Bible is an idol unfortunately for you

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Mujtahida: 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
GodIsBiafran:

The emboldened is the crux of what I have been realizing over the years. We Africans have to re-learn what our ancestors took for granted. The funny thing is that I see a lot of Nigerians insulting traditional religions without even knowing anything but what the gods of men/pastors/imans
want them to believe. If some god tells you to commit suicide bombing for example, a truly enlightened being would QUICKLY abandon that ideology for a more peaceful concept. Spiritual rigidity is the backbone of Abrahamic consciousness. That is why it is close to impossible for some1 brought up in this way to disentangle themselves from the brainwashing.
And with rigidity comes poverty, disease and death. As individuals these abrahamic religions might seat well upon the consciousness of people but as a collective the consciousness of the blackman is not in touch with it. Our collective unconscious is hungry to reconnect to our ancient roots. But my guy I don't like anything fetish ooo, anything juju I no dey. But we need to understand the science behind the beliefs of our ancestors.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by fucktoto: 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

None of those are African tribes mentioned and none of those count.

Written with poor knowledge.

Taoism is not even a Pagan faith. it is a philosophy of a man called Lao Tzu. a man made religion.

The Han Chinese have CTR as their traditional faith regardless of whether they are Taoist or not.

The Aztecs waged wars for resources just like Africans. and capptive slaves would either be killed sold or sacrificed. the Aztecs didnt force conquered tribes to accept their religion just like the Benins didnt force conquered tribes to accept theirs.

try doing a better google search next time.

grin grin grin

i'm using a small phone now but when i get on my pc i'll have your time. i just showed you a small sample and your first defence was "none of those are african tribes"... are we now debating over african pagans or pagans in general?

very soon you'll deny the vikings are not pagans too, and they're probably hospitable by nature.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by delishpot: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sharp guys have entered this line of biz now too. They offer initiation to foreigners for cool sum and then bring them to naija after some orientation class to get them "innitiated" the market dey sell well well.
Back to topic.... The problem of Africa is we are too open and welcoming to oyinbo. I doubt if the white men have these kinds of tradition they will allow blacks into the inner cacus of the cult. We need to learn how to keep some things away from some people. I do not support this.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2018
fucktoto:

grin grin grin

i'm using a small phone now but when i get on my pc i'll have your time. i just showed you a small sample and your first defence was "none of those are african tribes"... are we now debating over african pagans or pagans in general?

very soon you'll deny the vikings are not pagans too, and they're probably hospitable by nature.

I said African tribes and in your vain search you couldnt find anything so you started looking overseas.

ok let me make things easier for you. now im talking about Pagan tribes all over the world.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by fucktoto: 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
macof:

You should probably educate yourself from appropriate sources not church and religious propaganda

Simple Wikipedia explanation would enlighten you on the meaning and etymology of certain words before you throw them around and insult people in the process

That I make a wooden image of sango and place it in my alter does not mean I'm worshipping the image... are you dumb to not know that?

Bible is an idol unfortunately for you

problem with you idol worshipers is that you always get aggressive when someone does not share in your opinion. so keep barking..

@the emboldened, keeping a dry wood that resembles sango in your cave is not worshiping but you keep it clean, revere it, talk to it and sometimes feed it with red meat...and yet it's not worshiping.

SMH!
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by KingSango(m): 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hati13:

Your first paragraph is meaningless. Anyway the ancient Greeks did used “Ethiopia” for many black ppl they saw, but they didn’t used it for South Sudan because they didn’t went there. They primarily used it for north Sudan (Nubia).

Your reading and comprehension skills are seriously lacking, this I can't help you with, I could, grin but I don't want too!

www.undergroundriseup..com

Ase

Love Sango
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by chiefojiji(m): 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
Disappointed with the certificate...
I was expecting to see Sango signature in the certificate embarassed cry
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
KingSango:

Your reading and comprehension skills are seriously lacking, this I can't help you with, I could, grin but I don't want too!

Ase

Love Sango
grin
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Mujtahida: 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

because all Pagan religions are non proselytyzing.

it makes 0 sense for an Igbo person to spread Odinani to Yorubas or vice versa. why would a Yoruba person start praying to the Gods in a foreign language and as per foreign customs and rituals. it makes absolutely no sense. i dont want some other tribe person to follow my ancestral faith. they have their own culture and Pagan religion goes hand in hand with tribal culture. unless i wanto force someone else to accept my culture only then will it make sense.

to an average tribesman traditional religion is just another aspect of his culture like food dress etc. there is no concept of his beig the one true religion etc. there is no true religion . everyones ancestors have naturally given them their own ways to pay obeisance to the spiritual forces through their own culture language etc.

this is why a Hindu God looks Indian a Chinese God looks Chinese an Igbo God has Ichi tribal marks and a Yoruba God has Yoruba marks and attire when carved amd symbolized. Each tribe visualizes the Gods as per their own custom.

The Gods are the same. endless. so is the basic core concept of tribal Pagan religions all over the world. but the manner of religious customs change and vary as per different demographic customs

How can the infinite higher powers be encompassed by a mere man written book like the bible or quran. to be so infinitisimal and powerful it must have multiple dimensions.
The Abrahamic religions are contrary to the natural order.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Follygunners: 10:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
At least Igbo pple no get culture, tradition, values and morals na... Dem dem wan force jew. hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Mujtahida: 10:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
fucktoto:

nobody worships idols?

Take it or leave it - we are all idol worshippers. Shebi an idol is an image man pays obeisance to. Go through your mind right now and tell me if almost all your thoughts are not framed in images. Man thinks by the image. Indeed our creative faculty is called imagination - ability to create image.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by KingSango(m): 10:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
Mujtahida:

The Abrahamic religions are contrary to the natural order.

Of course they are and I could destroy this illusion here and now yet this is a Sango celebration thread. I'm glad that this young man has got initiated in the Sango cult, the cult of Kingship. Its like fighting at someone's birthday party its just not proper to do.

Ase

Love Sango
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by GodIsBiafran: 10:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
Mujtahida:

And with rigidity comes poverty, disease and death. As individuals these abrahamic religions might seat well upon the consciousness of people but as a collective the consciousness of the blackman is not in touch with it. Our collective unconscious is hungry to reconnect to our ancient roots. But my guy I don't like anything fetish ooo, anything juju I no dey. But we need to understand the science behind the beliefs of our ancestors.

Gbam! I couldn't agree more. You have spoken my mind.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by vaxx: 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
fucktoto:

nobody worships idols?

what do you do with the iconography image of jesus in your sitting room or the one hanging on the wall of your church. or do you want to tell me non of this picture exist in your church? do you know you venerate cross on every good Friday, that symbol of cross giving to you in church every good Friday is part of the ritual.

The incantation we do is better than the prayer you do in church, what we do is call physic of the mind, we do that to engage our subconscious mind. it is a meditative session you engage when you are conscious of being part of the Supreme Being Olodumaré, not just communicating with God.

our difference is very essential. When you are praying in Abrahamic theology, you are a weak Being begging a mythical stronger Being to aid you in your endeavors. but in Ifa spirituality , when you pray you are not communicating with a distinct Supreme Being from you but are focusing on the realization that YOU ARE A MICROCOSM OF THE SUPREME BEING . ''orunmila wi eniyan ni dorisha''(orunmila says it is human being than turn to gods.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by adiat60(m): 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=xynerise post=66068129]So Sango sef don dey use certificate? grin

Sango don upgrade be that ooooo
Sango#7.0 version
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by KingSango(m): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2018
Wood and all objects hold energy, especially wood it holds the energy of your prayers, your clapping, your stomping vibrations. Fetish objects are charged with intention and emotional energy to where they function like a battery. Ifa is high science. Vodun is high science. Western religions is watered down that's how come they have Freemasonry, which is Egyptian occultism, to make up for their lack of understanding the cosmic energy and how its applied.

Ase

Love Sango

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 23, 2018
Hapigirlxoxo:
What will he use the certificate for?

Maybe look for a job in Oyo state.
He will use it for his own business in Brazil,people will believe him by that.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by KingSango(m): 12:29am On Mar 23, 2018
uplawal:
He will use it for his own business in Brazil,people will believe him by that.

Exactly. grin

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 23, 2018
KingSango:

Exactly. grin
And he will make mad money than the little money he gave the women there,thats his own money making machine.Oyimbo has nothing with consciousness,only money to pay their bills,because their lives are billisified

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 23, 2018
delishpot:
Sharp guys have entered this line of biz now too. They offer initiation to foreigners for cool sum and then bring them to naija after some orientation class to get them "innitiated" the market dey sell well well.
Back to topic.... The problem of Africa is we are too open and welcoming to oyinbo. I doubt if the white men have these kinds of tradition they will allow blacks into the inner cacus of the cult. We need to learn how to keep some things away from some people. I do not support this.
Oyimbo naturally dnt have spirituality of God,except Devil occultic worship,thats where peadophilia,incest,andall manner of vices sprang from,and Black Nations are warned by God never to near them,but guess what we will never learn,instead we wouldeven show them all our intoto.,and dem d white,wetin concern them with God,they will only make mockery of it and make money with it.
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by KingSango(m): 12:43am On Mar 23, 2018
uplawal:
And he will make mad money than the little money he gave the women there,thats his own money making machine.Oyimbo has nothing with consciousness,only money to pay their bills,because their lives are billisified

Not too many true masters walking the Earth anymore. I think those masters that teach for free are here on assignment, its their mission. smiley

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 23, 2018
You crack me up big time,i thank God you are woke,if you go through my posts here on Nairaland,hmmm you will thank my Ancestors for my life,hmmm I was so into islam ehn like its the only way,wallahi I wore niqab for a while,then droped it when terrorism was high in Europe,then I continued with my hijab,i still wera hijab till now though,,i have no problem with covering of head,so I kept it,cos I dnt want to look different from my kids for now until I move finally to Naija,then I can wear only scarf as Ifa requires women to cover their Ori,hmmm my brother,my own mujahideen strong that time o,i will defend anything defendable, I dnt know I was heading to liberation,when I stumbled upon Ifa ha,my hand drop ni sha, I told myself ha,E no go better for Arab people,what they came to force on our throat is what we already have and ours is in its true form and originality while they had infused so many things not of God to it after they got it from us,then they came back in full force to sell it to us after they already added their own bits and made sure we dnt get to do anything parcticals about God except bowing,they cancelled all spirituality,and its only through Spirituality Blackman can be guided and be saved and live a stressfree balanced life,thats why many muslims have problems ,they dnt have answers to it,they quickly attribute them to fate from God.My brother we are finished in Africa,our pschy been destroyed for long,it will only take the mercies of the Orisha to put us back on track,lest I forget,the Christians (Whitemen)brought their own Devil worship into what we already have,90% of what is in the old testaments are of Black people traditions and prayers,not oyimbo people,what Oyimbo brought was grace which came with newtestament,but this grace is 419 made not real,but propper devil ideas that would run down every Black person if taken,,thats why many Christians too get problems,nobody to solve them,many die in their problems that could easily be solved through our own way but they died because of fear of hellfire since they have the strong ties with the imaginary being,which never exists,they says it takes away their sins,yet they are still suffering the punishments from the gods for the act of their sins,how come they claim Jesus took their sins away?And what I heard that broke me was that I heard this evil British people were the ones that put the doctrine they are doing in mecca there,that the real Doctrine and Original is in Yorubaland,that the British people only helped the ones in mecca,that infact,its was never called mecca in the medieval,it was a planned something just to feed the lazy bones that claimed the Africa land called Mecca today,many manythings I cant even say here.
Mujtahida:

Don't mind them. Singing I will never worship man made gods yet they worship gods created by the Jews. Once man realises he is a creative agent he will gain insight into this God thing. I once read in Achebe's Arrow of God where one of the characters was speaking saying that if the god of a certain village refuses to respond to them they discard him and create another one. I was surprised to find out that that practice was widespread in pagan societies from Africa to Europe to Asia. Now people are stuck with Jehovah and Allah. They pray and pray no answer but still they continue worshipping. Fact is God is a very malleable concept, God is a vehicle. Create your own and put all your desires into its hands and your dreams will come true. This liars have taken advantage of the nature of the universe to foist alien gods on us. But take a look at nature, just look at her and you will instinctively hear her telling you:be free, be unentangled even from God, just be!
Re: Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 23, 2018
KingSango:

Not too many true masters walking the Earth anymore. I think those masters that teach for free are here on assignment, its their mission. smiley
Why would anyone teach for free when they are not their family members.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stop These Sexual Acts In 2023 / Exposing Hardmirror. A Tale Of Two Mirrors / Pastor Impregnates Married Woman & Her 2 Daughters During All-night Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.