Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? (33075 Views)

Voice, Data Services Affected By Undersea Cable Cuts Restored - NCC / Windscribe VPN Mocks Nigerians And Buhari After Twitter Ban Was Lifted (Photos) / How New Whatsapp Policy Threatens Security Of Nigerians And Other Alternatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:57am On Mar 23, 2018
Data Subscription in different countries is usually different due to the economic conditions and operating costs of the Telecom Companies in each country. Airtel for example ,offers cheaper data services in its home country - India , than it does in Nigeria. In this post I collaborated with Dickson Otieno of Tech-Ish.com, a Kenyan Tech Blog. We'll be comparing the data plans in both countries and at the end we'll be calculating who spends more on data.

I believe this will let us know how much it costs citizens of both countries to access the internet and of course those who have enough data to waste on Twitter wars. If you are an active twitter user , you must have come across the #NigeriaVsKenya hashtag sometime. Well just in case you haven't brace yourself, it's about to get messy - Check a tweet with that hashtag -

#NigeriavsKenya the devil originated from Kenya.....sack heart, dark soul, dark blood
— Azubuike uche (@uc9ce) December 5, 2017
Who spends more on data ?

For 1GB , Kenyans spend an average of 240-499 KES that's between N850- N1600 (for normal data plans)

Nigerians spend between N1000 - N1200 (KES 280 - KES 336 ) for 1GB and 1.5GB data plans

For 3GB - Kenyans spend between KES 499 - KES 999 that's between N1700 - N3400

Nigerians spend between N2000-N2500 .( KES- 560 - KES 700)

So It seems Kenyans actually spend more on data services. Nigerian Telcos are less expensive than their Kenyan counterparts. Of course , If there's an error in this post, feel free to let me know. Don't forget to tweet this and share as well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:58am On Mar 23, 2018
Nigerian Plans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:00am On Mar 23, 2018
Kenyan Plans

1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:01am On Mar 23, 2018
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by emiwanlee(m): 7:02am On Mar 23, 2018
The only nigerian matter wen we don take get better news

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by izzou(m): 7:07am On Mar 23, 2018
But they get value for the much they spend

I doubt if their services are as poor as ours

I can bet that Glo subscribers may see this post at midnight

angry

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 23, 2018
izzou:

angry

angry

☣ ☠

Glo customers don suffer

☣ ☠

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Shedrack777: 7:34am On Mar 23, 2018
guy easy now. i pay 1k for 2gb on glo and where i am, the network is bomb

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Demonicide(f): 7:38am On Mar 23, 2018
izzou:

angry
you kn i use glo and i have seen the post already.

19 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by izzou(m): 7:45am On Mar 23, 2018
Demonicide:
you kn i use glo and i have seen the post already.

Forgive me

I use Glo too and I have thrown the SIM away

No vex grin

30 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Jacktheripper: 7:52am On Mar 23, 2018
Want to earn free bitcoin? Check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Gozbrown(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2018
wow, small Kenya paying more dan Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Ahmed0336(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2018
The way i see it their 1gig is equivalent to our 2 gig here. Airtel,Glo and Etisalat wey sabi zap data like craze angry

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by SenR(m): 10:17am On Mar 23, 2018
Naija still dey better than other
European countries o..

For example here in Germany, I pay 20 euro (almost 9000 Naira) for 5GB on Lyca Mobile.

For 3GB data na 15 euro... Etc

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2018
SenR:

European countries o..

For example here in Germany, I pay 20 euro (almost 9000 Naira) for 5GB on Lyca Mobile.

At least it's faster

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Ebuka007: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2018
SenR:

European countries o..

and the economy is good there.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Samusu(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2018
izzou:

angry

Hahahahaha, yhu be Boi Wicked�����

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
Kenyan Plans
The daily plans are the most attractive in Kenya.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Olamyyde(m): 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
Somebody said if Glo sponsors NYSC, there would be no service grin

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by eleojo23: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
OK..seen
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by mikemodel24: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
Nigeria been dey believe themself
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by calddon(m): 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
Oga op Nigeria n kenya isnt d same, d living standards r 2 worlds apart

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by kolawoleibukun: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
whichever way you look at it, Nigeria na the sheetest hole. with the highest population in Africa you would expect a reduction of tariff as per economists more population lesser tariff. criminals and thieves have found respect and comfort in Nigeria. comparing a country reliant on hospitality and a top supplier of petroleum product in the world is like comparing a giant to a rat.

Nigerians are suffering from corruption even to the grass root. Kenyans have electricity which we do not have. that should have been the basis for the discussion not even phone bills.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by KingsleyCEO: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
I didn't look at the data stuff.
I just looked at the currency values and I think Nigeria's naira is laughable after the dullardeen promised
#1=$1 grin grin grin

Bubu you're gone!
I say it again, you're gone!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by lilfreezy: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
1gig in Kenya is actually 1gig

1gig in Nigeria is fabricated, its less than 500mb. If you don't believe me monitor your data usage counter after usage and see what it reads wink

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by dhabrite(m): 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
Okay...So I should go and shake Buhari bah
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Xisnin(m): 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
SenR:

European countries o..

Different purchasing power.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by ZombieTAMER: 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
Olamyyde:
grin grin grin
There is God oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by visijo(m): 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
We
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Iko5000: 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
mate you been mugged .
I pay 20 pounds for umlimited and 30gb hotspot with three network ,and still able to roam in 48 countries to use my free mins which is unlimited to mobile calls in uk
[b][/b]
SenR:

European countries o..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by UpdateBaba: 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
Olamyyde:
grin grin grin grin lols

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Cadec007(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
izzou:

angry
GLO is da bomb.....fvckk mtn!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) / Let's Show Off Phones Home Screens / MTN New Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.