Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,614 members, 7,820,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? (33124 Views)

Voice, Data Services Affected By Undersea Cable Cuts Restored - NCC / Windscribe VPN Mocks Nigerians And Buhari After Twitter Ban Was Lifted (Photos) / How New Whatsapp Policy Threatens Security Of Nigerians And Other Alternatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2018
biztip:
soon these Kenya people who like to insult Nigerians will arrive here. or are they already here BC I didn't bother reading d comments so far

What can drive us to come to Nigeria??we would rather go to developed countries like south Africa atleast we have a benchmark of their progress.As for that case,Kenyans seldomly come to your country but on the other way round you peeps flocks here in large numbers to engage in fraudulent activities that you guys are pros in that sector.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by sweetgala(m): 8:59am On Mar 24, 2018
SenR:

Naija still dey better than other
European countries o..

For example here in Germany, I pay 20 euro (almost 9000 Naira) for 5GB on Lyca Mobile.

For 3GB data na 15 euro... Etc

Ahhhaa kilode

I pay 20euro for my data plan here in Ireland, that gets me 15GB of data another 60GB(which I never exhaust) towards certain social media uses so my FB, IG , YouTube consumes that.
I get unlimited national calls to all mobiles and landlines. I've moved to a billpay plan recently and that's 20euro for the above + unlimited texts to all networks and voicemail service

My mum uses lyca and I know she pays 15-20 euro for similar services

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Shedrack777: 9:00am On Mar 24, 2018
Mutemenot:

Where are you? Na for glo Antenna ?
lol, not on antenna, but here, their 3g runs at minimum of 1.5mb/s and a maximum of 3mb/s. so you see, it's very fast
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by sHOTdownHawk: 9:02am On Mar 24, 2018
Muafrika2:

I've heard of it. Probably. But it's coverage is limited to major towns

Like in Europe where a few cities are testing their 5G Network. Speeds beyound 10 gigabytes / second. My phone keeps on crushin.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Mutemenot(m): 9:58am On Mar 24, 2018
Shedrack777:
lol, not on antenna, but here, their 3g runs at minimum of 1.5mb/s and a maximum of 3mb/s. so you see, it's very fast
Okay o. Your own better , in my area nothing like glo
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:40am On Mar 24, 2018
Spygadgets19:
pls how is their data plans like?

If you have a 4G enabled phone. They have unlimited plans N500 night plan for 2 days, N1500 plan for 3days, N3500 for one week.

For their normal data plan they have is 1000 - 2GB but with the current WaWu promo, you'll get 10GB of data for registration and 500% Bonus on all regular data plans for a year, So you'll get 12Gb for N1000
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

If you have a 4G enabled phone. They have unlimited plans N500 night plan for 2 days, N1500 plan for 3days, N3500 for one week.

For their normal data plan they have is 1000 - 2GB but with the current WaWu promo, you'll get 10GB of data for registration and 500% Bonus on all regular data plans for a year, So you'll get 12Gb for N1000
Chai that sounds like a good deal but o don't think am using 4G enabled Phone. I use Tecno K9...
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by calddon(m): 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2018
TEYA:

Yes, he will help you and your likes, I do not belong to that league.
ok
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by shadowhunter15(f): 12:34am On Mar 25, 2018
254tobby:

What can drive us to come to Nigeria??we would rather go to developed countries like south Africa atleast we have a benchmark of their progress.As for that case,Kenyans seldomly come to your country but on the other way round you peeps flocks here in large numbers to engage in fraudulent activities that you guys are pros in that sector.
I think he meant insulters like yourself. A lot of you Kenyans here are very negative and abusive. That is the truth. For the love of me, I wouldn't be on a forum filled with people I despise. The fraudulent activities line is so old, as if Kenyans are such peaceful saints. I find it hilarious when countries who complain about corruption in their own countries try and paint Nigerians as fraudaulent. As if the entire of Africa isn't known for fraudalent activities. I notice other Africans like to flock on nairaland and act like their shit doesn't stink, as if Kenya isn't up there for Africa brain drain along with Nigeria. Not physically go there. No offense, but i've never heard Kenya as a destination or migrant place for Nigeria. Nigerians are everywhere in Africa including in worse African Nations, and even if you have a hundred thousand Nigerians in Kenyans percentage wise that's less than 0.05% of Nigeria's population, so obviously Nigerians aren't trekking everywhere to go to Kenya grin. Lol at calling South Africa a developed country. Just by Africa standards you mean grin.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:18am On Mar 25, 2018
Spygadgets19:
Chai that sounds like a good deal but o don't think am using 4G enabled Phone. I use Tecno K9...

Okay... It's all good though.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 25, 2018
SenR:

Naija still dey better than other
European countries o..

For example here in Germany, I pay 20 euro (almost 9000 Naira) for 5GB on Lyca Mobile.

For 3GB data na 15 euro... Etc

It's easy to make 20euro there a day than make 9000naira here in a day.
I pay 5k for 10gb on my Samsung s8 and I pay 2k for my modem monthly. So I spend 7k monthly, So it's expensive man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 25, 2018
shadowhunter15:

I think he meant insulters like yourself. A lot of you Kenyans here are very negative and abusive. That is the truth. For the love of me, I wouldn't be on a forum filled with people I despise. The fraudulent activities line is so old, as if Kenyans are such peaceful saints. I find it hilarious when countries who complain about corruption in their own countries try and paint Nigerians as fraudaulent. As if the entire of Africa isn't known for fraudalent activities. I notice other Africans like to flock on nairaland and act like their shit doesn't stink, as if Kenya isn't up there for Africa brain drain along with Nigeria. Not physically go there. No offense, but i've never heard Kenya as a destination or migrant place for Nigeria. Nigerians are everywhere in Africa including in worse African Nations, and even if you have a hundred thousand Nigerians in Kenyans percentage wise that's less than 0.05% of Nigeria's population, so obviously Nigerians aren't trekking everywhere to go to Kenya grin. Lol at calling South Africa a developed country. Just by Africa standards you mean grin.

You guys are the ones who are too much provocative,you keep pricking our noses with tantrums and talking ill in the midst of conversation when a non Nigerian tries to defend his sentiments,you're too worth irrational and ignorant about other nations,personally I've never insulted a Nigerian on this forum since I joined it,but you guys have some demeaning traits,when a Kenyan for example smashes you with facts,you begin to bad mouth about them and then when he throws back,you end up concluding that we're negative and abusive on this forum.
There's code of conduct which is not important
as displaying some form of online etiquette since this group entails most people of African decency.
Yes you're correct,all African nations are known for corruption and fraudulent activities but Nigeria is off the peak in that aspect,that's why in every country you will find a cell reserved for one or two Nigerians,am not saying that Kenya doesn't have scammers,it also has but not that much freaking.

Yes south Africa,the most developed country in Africa shocked,not by African standards but by global standards,that one you can dispute with your own bitterness

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2018
shadowhunter15:

If Kenya ain't your destination,what usually thrills your people to come here in flock numbers?Or your country has nothing to offer to them in terms of humanistic lifestyle?
honestly speaking,about 80% of them here are engaging in illegal activities,then we talk about it these,you'll say that we're negative about Nigerians.Why don't they just stay in your country instead of displaying some form of frivolities on other people's soil?
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 25, 2018
shadowhunter15:

You're saying Nigerian population in Kenya is less than 0.05% of Nigeria's total population yet the population of your peeps here ranges between 17k-20k.How many Kenyans do you think live in Nigeria? Less than 500 grin
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by bravesoul247(m): 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
Glo won't allow me enjoy my TECNO. I hate them. angry
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by shadowhunter15(f): 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
254tobby:

You're saying Nigerian population in Kenya is less than 0.05% of Nigeria's total population yet the population of your peeps here ranges between 17k-20k.How many Kenyans do you think live in Nigeria? Less than 500 grin
There is only 17k-20k Kenya in Nigeria but you make it seem like there is thousands. With the way you guys talked I thought it was about 100,000 that's the benchmark I used. The percentage is even less then in about 0.01%. Population proportions my brother. There are more Nigerians in neighbouring African nations that might be considered in a worse state than Nigeria undecided.
Yes, we get it. Nigerians are such illegal fraudaulent people that brought crime to Kenya grin. Its funny to me when other countries use Nigerians being there as a benchmark, when you can find a Nigerian everywhere regardless of how bad a country it might be. This is how I saw someone from Cameroon yesterday talking about how Nigerians are always beefing with them, and that so many Nigerians flocking to Cameroon lol.
Well I said my piece. Let me disappear now grin. I have no dog in this fight. As I said previously before I got diverted in my defense, all of this is useless until we get African superpowers. Until then, its like acting which is the bigger aunt in an aunt hill when compared to the rest of jungle undecided. Africans are largely irrelevant to the global stage unless its to manipulate and divert us.
I would like to end with commendment to Kenya for their improved electricity and technology though. Top 20 fastest internet is no joke.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by shadowhunter15(f): 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
254tobby:

If Kenya ain't your destination,what usually thrills your people to come here in flock numbers?Or your country has nothing to offer to them in terms of humanistic lifestyle?
honestly speaking,about 80% of them here are engaging in illegal activities,then we talk about it these,you'll say that we're negative about Nigerians.Why don't they just stay in your country instead of displaying some form of frivolities on other people's soil?
Why don't you ask the 20k Nigerians in Kenya? I'm being honest when I say Kenya isn't usually a destination Nigerian thinks about. You can argue that is out of ignorance and not knowing much outside the continent, but that's the reality. The 20k there are more outliers than anything.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by miqos02(m): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
Olamyyde:
Somebody said if Glo sponsors NYSC, there would be no service grin
hmmm
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
shadowhunter15:

Why don't you ask the 20k Nigerians in Kenya? I'm being honest when I say Kenya isn't usually a destination Nigerian thinks about. You can argue that is out of ignorance and not knowing much outside the continent, but that's the reality. The 20k there are more outliers than anything.

I heard most of them are from the igbo community,is it true?
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by alexxo11(m): 10:12am On Mar 26, 2018
miss please all the who come to nairaland on a day to day basis comparing kenya with nigeria are not kenyans but nigerian immigrants in kenya.no sane kenyan would waste his or her time dimminishing nigeria on a nigerian forum
shadowhunter15:

There is only 17k-20k Kenya in Nigeria but you make it seem like there is thousands. With the way you guys talked I thought it was about 100,000 that's the benchmark I used. The percentage is even less then in about 0.01%. Population proportions my brother. There are more Nigerians in neighbouring African nations that might be considered in a worse state than Nigeria undecided.
Yes, we get it. Nigerians are such illegal fraudaulent people that brought crime to Kenya grin. Its funny to me when other countries use Nigerians being there as a benchmark, when you can find a Nigerian everywhere regardless of how bad a country it might be. This is how I saw someone from Cameroon yesterday talking about how Nigerians are always beefing with them, and that so many Nigerians flocking to Cameroon lol.
Well I said my piece. Let me disappear now grin. I have no dog in this fight. As I said previously before I got diverted in my defense, all of this is useless until we get African superpowers. Until then, its like acting which is the bigger aunt in an aunt hill when compared to the rest of jungle undecided. Africans are largely irrelevant to the global stage unless its to manipulate and divert us.
I would like to end with commendment to Kenya for their improved electricity and technology though. Top 20 fastest internet is no joke.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by biztip: 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
254tobby:

I said it. a kenyapithecus wickeri is here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbwhatsapp Shuts Down / TECNO Spark Full Review, Specifications And Price / Android Tab: That Funny Prank (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.