Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? (33119 Views)

Voice, Data Services Affected By Undersea Cable Cuts Restored - NCC / Windscribe VPN Mocks Nigerians And Buhari After Twitter Ban Was Lifted (Photos) / How New Whatsapp Policy Threatens Security Of Nigerians And Other Alternatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by naijjaman(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Abeyjide: 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
Glo has most worse network for internet
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Earth2Metahuman: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
SenR:

Naija still dey better than other
European countries o..

For example here in Germany, I pay 20 euro (almost 9000 Naira) for 5GB on Lyca Mobile.

For 3GB data na 15 euro... Etc
Germans minimum = 1500 euros
Nigerian minimum wage = 40 euros

Never compare apple and agbalumo again.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Small080(m): 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
abeg data or no data not concern me but as i was reading this i sense it that kenya currency is more value than Nigeria naira.. I ask what i don't know ni oh
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
izzou:
But they get value for the much they spend

I doubt if their services are as poor as ours

I can bet that Glo subscribers may see this post at midnight

angry
where I sty Glo Is the best, I can't use mtn.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
SenR:

European countries o..

For example here in Germany, I pay 20 euro (almost 9000 Naira) for 5GB on Lyca Mobile.

Out of curiosity, have you ever thought about going broadband? i.e unlimited data at a monthly tariff?
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Cadec007(m): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
izzou:

Forgive me

I use Glo too and I have thrown the SIM away

No vex grin
this is why naija would take long to develop our very network is what you are condenming like these......see mtn is overrated and over hyped ...for six years i have used mtn they have never given me bonus or reward for patronage but after the first three mnths of using my glo sim they started rewarding me with 20mins fre browsing 1st of every mnth and don't say their service is bad cos with this i usually download 3-5 episodes of a movie.......GLO is sweet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by gmoni2(m): 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
izzou:

angry

There are 19 countries in Europe and 27 countries worldwide with faster average mobile Internet than the U.S. As you can see in top 30 list below, countries such as Greece, Egypt, Indonesia, New Zealand, and Slovakia have faster average mobile Internet speeds than the U.S.

1. U.K. (26 Mbps)
2. Germany (24.1 Mbps)
3. Finland (21.6 Mbps)
4. France (17.4 Mbps)
5. Norway (17.3 Mbps)
6. Denmark (16.6 Mbps)
7. Belgium (16.2 Mbps)
8. Romania (15.9 Mbps)
9. Australia (15.7 Mbps)
10. Japan (15.6 Mbps)
11. Netherlands (15.0 Mbps)
12. Slovakia (14.0 Mbps)
13. Spain (13.8 Mbps)
14. Kenya (13.7 Mbps)
15. Austria (13.5 Mbps)
16 (tie). Ireland (13.2 Mbps)
16 (tie). Sweden (13.2 Mbps)
18 (tie). New Zealand (13.0 Mbps)
18 (tie). Taiwan (13.0 Mbps)
20. Indonesia (12.8 Mbps)
21. Italy (12.4 Mbps)
22. Egypt (12.2 Mbps)
23. Hungary (12.0 Mbps)
24. South Korea (11.8 Mbps)
25. Greece (11.4 Mbps)
26. Slovenia (11.3 Mbps)
27. Estonia (11.1 Mbps)
28. United States (10.7 Mbps)
29 (tie). Canada (10.3 Mbps)
29 (tie). Turkey (10.3 Mbps)

The United States fared better in the study in terms of wired broadband service. It ranks #8 worldwide in terms of the percentage of people with broadband speeds of at least 15 Mbps (48%), and #10 for broadband speeds above 25 Mbps (21%).

More good news: The number of U.S. households with fast broadband is on the rise. Thirty-nine states states increased average broadband Internet speeds by at least 10% in the first quarter of 2017, the Akamai report states. The average wired broadband speed across the U.S. increased 22% year over year, to 18.7 Mbps, nudging America into the top 10, ahead of the Netherlands. Globally, the average is 7.2 Mbps, up 15% year over year.

But in many countries, the average mobile Internet speed now actually surpasses that of broadband. For example, in Kenya, broadband averages 12.2 Mbps versus 13.7 Mbps for mobile. Likewise in the U.K., broadband averages 16.9 Mbps versus a world-leading 26 Mbps for mobile.

http://time.com/money/4808996/fastest-internet-countries-mobile-broadband/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Cadec007(m): 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2018
Abeyjide:
Glo has most worse network for internet
wrong!
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by enemmo(f): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2018
Maybe their 3G network is really 3G and not like ours where

3G is 2G and LTE is 3G...

When will we get value for our services?
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
Data Subscription in different countries is usually different due to the economic conditions and operating costs of the Telecom Companies in each country. Airtel for example ,offers cheaper data services in its home country - India , than it does in Nigeria. In this post I collaborated with Dickson Otieno of Tech-Ish.com, a Kenyan Tech Blog. We'll be comparing the data plans in both countries and at the end we'll be calculating who spends more on data.

I believe this will let us know how much it costs citizens of both countries to access the internet and of course those who have enough data to waste on Twitter wars. If you are an active twitter user , you must have come across the #NigeriaVsKenya hashtag sometime. Well just in case you haven't brace yourself, it's about to get messy - Check a tweet with that hashtag -

#NigeriavsKenya the devil originated from Kenya.....sack heart, dark soul, dark blood
— Azubuike uche (@uc9ce) December 5, 2017
Who spends more on data ?

For 1GB , Kenyans spend an average of 240-499 KES that's between N850- N1600 (for normal data plans)

Nigerians spend between N1000 - N1200 (KES 280 - KES 336 ) for 1GB and 1.5GB data plans

For 3GB - Kenyans spend between KES 499 - KES 999 that's between N1700 - N3400

Nigerians spend between N2000-N2500 .( KES- 560 - KES 700)

So It seems Kenyans actually spend more on data services. Nigerian Telcos are less expensive than their Kenyan counterparts. Of course , If there's an error in this post, feel free to let me know. Don't forget to tweet this and share as well.

the error is simple, what is the value of KSE 500 and 500naira?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by TEYA: 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
calddon:
Oga op Nigeria n kenya isnt d same, d living standards r 2 worlds apart
How? God deliver you from the spirit of low self esteem!
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by udemzyudex(m): 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
Data Subscription in different countries is usually different due to the economic conditions and operating costs of the Telecom Companies in each country. Airtel for example ,offers cheaper data services in its home country - India , than it does in Nigeria. In this post I collaborated with Dickson Otieno of Tech-Ish.com, a Kenyan Tech Blog. We'll be comparing the data plans in both countries and at the end we'll be calculating who spends more on data.

We have more population than Kenya.
I believe this will let us know how much it costs citizens of both countries to access the internet and of course those who have enough data to waste on Twitter wars. If you are an active twitter user , you must have come across the #NigeriaVsKenya hashtag sometime. Well just in case you haven't brace yourself, it's about to get messy - Check a tweet with that hashtag -

#NigeriavsKenya the devil originated from Kenya.....sack heart, dark soul, dark blood

For 1GB , Kenyans spend an average of 240-499 KES that's between N850- N1600 (for normal data plans)

Nigerians spend between N1000 - N1200 (KES 280 - KES 336 ) for 1GB and 1.5GB data plans

So It seems Kenyans actually spend more on data services. Nigerian Telcos are less expensive than their Kenyan counterparts. Of course , If there's an error in this post, feel free to let me know. Don't forget to tweet this and share as well.

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by donqx: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2018
ok
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by pokipoki: 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Dude, you did not mention anything about the data burn rate. 9mobile burn rate is the fastest in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Mutemenot(m): 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
Shedrack777:
guy easy now. i pay 1k for 2gb on glo and where i am, the network is bomb

Where are you? Na for glo Antenna ?
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by SenR(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Out of curiosity, have you ever thought about going broadband? i.e unlimited data at a monthly tariff?

Data usage on mobile phones are more expensive here,

whereas DSL broadband internet is way too cheap which is also unlimited. But it's mostly installed in homes and offices.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by calddon(m): 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2018
TEYA:

How? God deliver you from the spirit of low self esteem!
Same 2 u, he will help us
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by SenR(m): 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
Iko5000:
mate you been mugged .
I pay 20 pounds for umlimited and 30gb hotspot with three network ,and still able to roam in 48 countries to use my free mins which is unlimited to mobile calls in uk
[b][/b]

Oh wow that's awesome.

what service provider is that?
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
You've tried it elsewhere and it seems not to work... Now come let's do it together. We teach, educate, and sell tools. Just a click on my signature….. If you know, you know.
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by GindoX(m): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
lilfreezy:
1gig in Kenya is actually 1gig

1gig in Nigeria is fabricated, its less than 500mb. If you don't believe me monitor your data usage counter after usage and see what it reads wink

Má paddi, u no lie oo
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by stankezzy: 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
We don't compare the prices like that , you first check the earning of the country then u equate it to what u want to compare. For example in nigeria old layer chicken is sold for 1k naira but in USA Texas precisely it is sold for 3 for 12 dollars that is 1 for 4 dollars , so 4 × 360 = 1440 naira , u may be tempted to say that the chicken is cheaper in nigeria but forgetting that in nigeria average labourer wage is 1500 naira so after working for a whole day as a labourer u can only buy one old layer with 500 change but in Texas average labourer pay per hour is 10 dollars so if he works for a day from 8 am to 4 PM 8 hours , that is 80 dollar , at 4 dollars per chicken that is 20 chicken per day pay , so it is by far cheaper there.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by SenR(m): 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
Earth2Metahuman:

Germans minimum = 1500 euros
Nigerian minimum wage = 40 euros

Never compare apple and agbalumo again.

cheesy cheesy grin I no compare o....

Nigeria minimum house rent = 200 euros for 1 Year

Germany minimum house rent = 300 euro for 1 Month
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by thaoriginator: 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2018
Wow check out! God bless Mr President for this development.. #APCforLife cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by sHOTdownHawk: 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2018
SenR:

European countries o..

Biggest lie EVER. Most flat-rate are about 60 euro per month of unlimited data in 4G. Lyca is cheap for making calls to africa not surfin
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Iko5000: 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2018
Three network UK
SenR:

Oh wow that's awesome.

what service provider is that?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by foxvilles: 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2018
Lol......dont get it twisted. Have you checked their tarrif as in charges per kilobyte or megabyte
That's where we'll be able to determine the authenticity of the gap in charges between both countries.
Nevertheless, the law of demand and supply should still apply.

Checking the Popoluation density of both countries. Nigeria is still a better market if the data price is still set at a low charge.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Sleekbabx(m): 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
Who else noticed that data plans don't last as before. I'm sure these Telecos have increased the tariffs per kb lowkey
When we have a rogue government agency turning a blind eye. Of course the masses will suffer
I've spent 6k in the last two weeks for data on 9mobile and I'm almost out again
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by colossus91(m): 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
izzou:

angry
hmmmm
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by myked(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by Saintp(m): 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
When you people stop this direct currency conversions for ya analysis? It will never show the true picture of things. You need factor in the purchasing power of each currency naa. What is the minimum wage in both countries?
Re: Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? by sHOTdownHawk: 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
Muafrika2:

The daily plans are the most attractive in Kenya.

That Faiba 4G 1GB for 50/- cant be real?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbwhatsapp Shuts Down / TECNO Spark Full Review, Specifications And Price / Android Tab: That Funny Prank (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.