Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" (21960 Views)

Fighting Corruption Not An Economic Policy; Peter Obi To Buhari / FG Replies Bill Gates' Comment On Buhari's Economic Plan / Bill Gates' Buhari Economic Blueprint Statement: Ben Bruce, Reno Omokri React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by femliany(m): 8:38am On Mar 23, 2018
A dog that will get lost will not listen to hunter's clarion call

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:38am On Mar 23, 2018
El Rufai the genius
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 23, 2018
Swint:

If the Abokis don’t have brain like you imply how come the richest man in Nigeria is one and the abokis are the richest in the country right now . They must be using their under developed brain more than you with your overdeveloped one.

It's not about a single person. Let me lecture you a bit. When you are taking statistical data, A low standard deviation indicates that the data points tend to be close to the mean of the set, while a high standard deviation indicates that the data points are spread out over a wider range of values. the standard deviation is used to measure confidence in statistical conclusion. Data that fall much farther than two standard deviations away from what would have been expected are considered statistically significant. the case you quoted is a low standard deviation, therefore In the above situation, there is no statistically significant difference because majority of northerners are poor. So I maintain my assertion that aboki is years behind the white man in brain development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Franzinni: 8:42am On Mar 23, 2018
Islam..
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by bankylan: 8:44am On Mar 23, 2018
Sirjamo:
ERGP has come stay, I don't care whatever anyone says. The little human capital we have been able to develop over the years are wasting because of lack of opportunities and development of infrastructure will solve many of that problem.

Billionaires dey talk all these teenagers on borrowed data in a badly ventilated room located in a poverty striken part of the country are airing their own opinions .
What stupid infrastructure is solving your problem when the fundamental of human capital development is neglected. A child that is not trained will sell a house that is built.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by 0monnak0da: 8:45am On Mar 23, 2018
When we talk about "education" there are a lot of misconceptions.

To my mind a person with a Bsc In Civil Engineering who cannot supervise a road project is not educated. The Aboki who makes Suya is very educated.

Education therefore is the acquisition of competence Knowledge and or skill that can produce economic output. Education can and should include training in tailoring,shoemaking, garri making etc as well as exposure to international advancements and technology.

Our people also need enlightenment in the role of the firm as a vehicle for wealth creation. I find it amazing when I study the profiles of companies and discover they were created in 1890 1900 1904 etc.

There is no oil in France but they have Total operating in Nigeria. Why .

The firm serves as a vehiccle of transmission of knowledge from one generation to another whilst containing that knowledge within the firm or country as the case may be

To undersstand Nigeria we must understand the firm Unilever which is the oldes company in the country. Those who are curious should research the history

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by IsraelSongz: 8:46am On Mar 23, 2018
fk001:
Yesterday i was really astonished when i saw some deluded fools commending Bill gates while castigating PMB and his administration...

For God sake Bill gate is a human being just like everyone of us, so just because he is world number one (not any more) you expect him to know everything pertaining economic? when did he last visited Nigeria for him to know our economy policy is not moving the way it should be?.

PMB also has his own flaws but he can make it right come 2019

And finally

PMB till 2023

You always know when someone says something from his heart.
But You...You are just one of those Zombies who only hear "go".

Shame on You for saying this.
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by hakimi1974(m): 8:46am On Mar 23, 2018
Shayetet13:
White man made an observation and Aboki of all people is disagreeing. Aboki is many years behind a white man in brain development. So, Aboki just shut up already!
your sense of reasoning is apalling. you remind me of that nigger called stephen in the movie django unchained. just to let you know, your accademic qualification pale into insignificance, compared to aboki el-rufai's own.
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Mejor79(m): 8:47am On Mar 23, 2018
You are only defending Buhari's administration but as foreigner and as an expert he has made his position.

El-Rufai calming his wrong is just defending PMB as a party man, he could have also accepted Bill Gates observation if positive.
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Freeman59: 8:47am On Mar 23, 2018
After enslaving Nigerians and putting the country in a mess, you think I will ignore Mr Gate's obvious intelligence for Mr Rufai's unintelligent assessment which is motivated only by corruption and foolish politics?? no bro

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 23, 2018
you made some valid points, but let me enlighten you a little on the contribution of Christianity to human capital development in Nigeria. Prior to independence till Buharis first tenure as a military Head of State in 1983, missionary schools were at the forefront of human capital development in Nigeria. Ask around in your family, nearly everybody who went to any school in the 50's 60's, 70's, till early 80's all attended a missionary school.
Buhari as head of state and inline with his Islamic agenda mandated government takeover of all missionary schools for fear of spreading Christianity.

The question i need you to answer is what has Islam contributed to human capital development in Nigeria?

0monnak0da:
Many totally lack understanding.

In 1945 Germany and Japan lost the War and their infrastrcture completely destroyed by bombardment. Today they are among the largest world economies .Why ? One answer their people and the contents of their people's heads.

The other side of Human capital is the opposite of knowledge. So Knowledge is not just about having it or not having it but there is a third condition Antiknowledge. A state engendered by possessing and being possessed by all manner of religious and pseudo religious beliefs about howthe world works . Propagated by Pentecostal Christianity,Islam and others. Ideas such as Miraculous Breakthrough,Prosperity teaching and related foolishnes which stop our people fro embracing science and reality like adults. Instead we propagate foolishness like Money ritual, Stolen penis stolen destiny and such like

In Northern Nigeria where it is said that we have the greatest population ,What propotion of the are educated skilled or able to contribute to the economy ,what propotion of the women.

The reality is it is Human Capital that makes one naation slaves of another.

The ultimate driver of wealth is the Firm ,the multinational

The Nestles,Toyotas,ABBs,Facebooks,CocaColas,General Electrics,Pfizers, Siemens, Boeings of this world are what determine which countries are rich and which aren't .Even at the most basic level of civil Engineering where is the HumanCapital.

Visit any major Engineering project , Road or Brdge building site and the person in charge is a white man in his 40s . Where are our own people.
Now we are building power plants without the knowledge of how maintain them

We cannot even set up ur own Supermarket chains . Human Capital is everything.
An ignorant superstitious people will never go very far and two of our greatest enemies in Nigeria are Islam and Christianity

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Captain8(m): 8:50am On Mar 23, 2018
Please bill gate help us to tel nigerians to ready their pvc because there is no hope again as long as cow is in the hem of affair

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by 0monnak0da: 8:51am On Mar 23, 2018
Human capital and its quality can be seen throughout history . Human capital is why men keep goats and not goats keep men.
But all men are not equal just as men keep goats they also keep other men . Nations keep othe nations because of human capital
At its most primitive it is the quality of the fighting men that enables one people to enslave another.
The quality of the army, the knowledge of contemporary technology etc is what put Gaddafi where he is today . It is what allowed for the colonization of Africa and so on

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by guesswhoo: 8:53am On Mar 23, 2018
When a people have the right knowledge, they become limitless.
Human capital development is what we need as a nation. Education with emphasis on science and technology.
If we want rapid developments and stop capital flights, having large pool of skilled man power is the key.
Elrufai knows nothing about economics.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 23, 2018
0monnak0da:
Many totally lack understanding.

In 1945 Germany and Japan lost the War and their infrastrcture completely destroyed by bombardment. Today they are among the largest world economies .Why ? One answer their people and the contents of their people's heads.

The other side of Human capital is the opposite of knowledge. So Knowledge is not just about having it or not having it but there is a third condition Antiknowledge. A state engendered by possessing and being possessed by all manner of religious and pseudo religious beliefs about howthe world works . Propagated by Pentecostal Christianity,Islam and others. Ideas such as Miraculous Breakthrough,Prosperity teaching and related foolishnes which stop our people fro embracing science and reality like adults. Instead we propagate foolishness like Money ritual, Stolen penis stolen destiny and such like

In Northern Nigeria where it is said that we have the greatest population ,What propotion of the are educated skilled or able to contribute to the economy ,what propotion of the women.

The reality is it is Human Capital that makes one naation slaves of another.

The ultimate driver of wealth is the Firm ,the multinational

The Nestles,Toyotas,ABBs,Facebooks,CocaColas,General Electrics,Pfizers, Siemens, Boeings of this world are what determine which countries are rich and which aren't .Even at the most basic level of civil Engineering where is the HumanCapital.

Visit any major Engineering project , Road or Brdge building site and the person in charge is a white man in his 40s . Where are our own people.
Now we are building power plants without the knowledge of how maintain them

We cannot even set up ur own Supermarket chains . Human Capital is everything.
An ignorant superstitious people will never go very far and two of our greatest enemies in Nigeria are Islam and Christianity
Them de talk one thing you de talk another, how does religion..except maybe boko haram, stop us from tech advancement? Last time i checked the cathryn khulman, reinhard bonke, benny hinn, were not based in nigeria, and that did not stop the us or germany from progressing. Or if we stopped going to churches and mosques would that transform adamawa state university to university of pennsylvania? The question should be how did we get here and how can we catch up with the rest of the world? With a population of 180-200 million what do we have to offer the international market? Then the basics, whats our curriculum like compared to outside? What are our methods? How are things done? How does govt function? The solution to these have lil or nothing to do with being religious or not. One day perhaps the awareness would be here.
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by CodeTemplar: 8:55am On Mar 23, 2018
IRIEBOY:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/03/23/gov-el-rufai-says-bill-gate%E2%80%99s-opinion-buhari%E2%80%99s-economic-policy-not-correct
This government is so focused on 2019. I hope the Osun state governor is listening.
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by EmperorAlonzo1: 8:56am On Mar 23, 2018
Abi na u dy d meeting wit am na...u fr tuk am
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by waveman2: 8:59am On Mar 23, 2018
My brother God bless ur wisdom. When I say there is something seriously wrong with the black man, people don't believe me.

0monnak0da:
When we talk about "education" there are a lot of misconceptions.

To my mind a person with a Bsc In Civil Engineering who cannot supervise a road project is not educated. The Abokiwho makes Suya is ver education.

Education therefore is the acquisition of competence Knowledge and or skill that can produce economic output. Education can and should include training in tailoring,shoemaking, garri making etc as well as exposure to international advancements and technology.

Our people also need enlightenment in the role of the firm as a vehicle for wealth creation. I find it amazing when I study the profiles of companies and discover they were created in 1890 1900 1904 etc.

There is no oil in France but they have Total operating in Nigeria. Why .

The firm serves as a vehiccle of transmission of knowledge from one generation to another whilst containing that knowledge within the firm or country as the case may be

To undersstand Nigeria we must understand the firm Unilever which is the oldes company in the country. Those who are curious should research the history
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by 0monnak0da: 9:00am On Mar 23, 2018
okpaniokpani:
you made some valid points, but let me enlighten you a little on the contribution of Christianity to human capital development in Nigeria. Prior to independence till Buharis first tenure as a military Head of State in 1983, missionary schools were at the forefront of human capital development in Nigeria. Ask around in your family, nearly everybody who went to any school in the 50's 60's, 70's, till early 80's all attended a missionary school.
Buhari as head of state and inline with his Islamic agenda mandated government takeover of all missionary schools for fear of spreading Christianity.

The question i need you to answer is what has Islam contributed to human capital development in Nigeria?

Missionary schools are not Christianity neither are they Islam. The school is not the religion. Please do not mention my family , learn some manners. There were lots of evils performedby Christians or Muslims again those things too are not the religion

The religion is what it teaches. Islam teaches a deteriministic view of the world which I quarrel with. Conntemporary Christianity enhances all manner of superstitiousness like stolen destiny, spirit wife, prosperity teaching, miraculous financial breakthroughs and so on . That is the content

FYI there were also Islamic Missionary schools before independence. That is a fact.

I am not interested in any more discussion comparing Christianity with Islam

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by alabo1: 9:00am On Mar 23, 2018
fk001:
Yesterday i was really astonished when i saw some deluded fools commending Bill gates while castigating PMB and his administration...

For God sake Bill gate is a human being just like everyone of us, so just because he is world number one (not any more) you expect him to know everything pertaining economic? when did he last visited Nigeria for him to know our economy policy is not moving the way it should be?.

PMB also has his own flaws but he can make it right come 2019

I feel sorry for you. I can't understand why people like you continue to support failure. Rubbish

And finally

PMB till 2023
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Sirjamo: 9:01am On Mar 23, 2018
bankylan:

Billionaires dey talk all these teenagers on borrowed data in a badly ventilated room located in a poverty striken part of the country are airing their own opinions .
What stupid infrastructure is solving your problem when the fundamental of human capital development is neglected. A child that is not trained will sell a house that is built.
Sorry o, Baba 70. All the graduates roaming the streets doing nothing, if you don't develop physical infrastructure and create opportunities, how do you put the human capital that has been developed in them to use. I am not the type that shivers whenever any white man speaks, I av my brains and I use it.
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by waveman2: 9:03am On Mar 23, 2018
Please have this man ever started a successful business without the help of government contracts. Somebody who has built a business empire by himself and succeeded is advising u and u, really there talking trash instead of you to learn. This has always been our problem, we don't create policies that would enhance human capital development. Healthcare, education are of course the basics as every child has right to education and healthcare.so if we are lacking in these areas we are doomed. I always say it, our politician have to come together and throw away their selfish interest to make things work in this country bcoz they are the problem.
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by 0monnak0da: 9:03am On Mar 23, 2018
waveman2:
My brother God bless ur wisdom. When I say there is something seriously wrong with the black man, people don't believe me.

There is nothing wrong with the black man. Please do not quote me as corroboration for that idea which with respect is quite lazy and unintelligent. I do not mean to insult you.Are you black ? Is there something seriously wrong with you? THere is certainly nothing seriously wrong with me. The same kind of antiknowledge which I object to is what you exhibit so brazenly. Stop and think . Don't always speak. Think very well . The problem is not blackness
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by waveman2: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2018
You just answered yourself. If we don't, t know how to think then there is something seriously wrong with the black man. How many people would you see read and do researches in this country. Be objective and Don, t insult u sound d intelligent but also rude. But anyway good bless u for ur comment and I hope people can learn.

0monnak0da:

There is nothing wrong with the black man. Please do not quote me as corroboration for that idea which with respect is quite lazy and unintelligent. I do not mean to insult you.Are you black ? Is there something seriously wrong with you? THere is certainly nothing seriously wrong with me. The same kind of antiknowledge which I object to is what you exhibit so brazenly. Stop and think . Don't always speak. Think very well . The problem is not blackness
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by fk001(m): 9:13am On Mar 23, 2018
IsraelSongz:

You always know when someone says something from his heart.
But You...You are just one of those Zombies who only hear "go".

Shame on You for saying this.

This is totally my opinion not yours
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by fk001(m): 9:15am On Mar 23, 2018
sekundosekundo:

Anybody with this type of mentality will never be a millionaire at 40.

But i am already one and i am not up to 40.
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 23, 2018
when el rufai is capable to make a mllion dollars without being a politican but from scarp then he can argue with Bill Gtes, untill then stay on your lane tyhat is terrorisng Kadunians, and teacher and manipulating the deadbeat president and shattap..
human waste.Northern Nigerians where almost 70 % of its future areon the streets begging.
Was it not the same thing Emir Myeti Allah Lamido said and they were shytting all over the place like a female dog on heat on streoids..
Stay on una alamjiri zones dey argue with Bill Gates .
Akuyas
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by duni04(m): 9:18am On Mar 23, 2018
Shayetet13:
White man made an observation and Aboki of all people is disagreeing. Aboki is many years behind a white man in brain development. So, Aboki just shut up already!
You won't go into the granule of what Gates said and El-rufai's response, your own is that a white man made an observation and his word is law! Mr low self esteem. Gates was speaking from the point of view of health care and education. He definitely didn't directly critic Buhari's EGRP blueprint. But I trust people like you not to go into the specifics and basics of the argument. Your own is that a white man has made an observation and we must all bow. Ode!
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:18am On Mar 23, 2018
izzou:
[color=#550000]Shebi you and Bill Gates dey the meeting together?

Why you no tell am? Na when Baba Olowo Don go, you gather reporters dey fault him advise grin

[b]But you are correct to an extent
sha, Mallam Rufai]

He is not correct at all and that is the message Bill Gates passed on behalf of all astonished international observers of Nigeria.
No time for ass licking
Re: El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" by GreatrAnalyst: 9:22am On Mar 23, 2018
His opinion is not correct, of course. This is why the government of deceit being run by your gang has turned Nigeria around in the past years of being at the helm of decisions-making
Great minds think alike. Your disagreement on the opinion of a man who has more insight on building economies than all your cronies proves that you don't share similar mind. Yours clearly tends towards Lilliputian mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Interior Ministry: The Situation At The Ikoyi Custodial Centre Is Under Control / Peter Obi Storms Nnewi In Anambra State, To Celebrate 59th Ofala Festival(Video) / Senate Passes Bill To Scrap FERMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.