Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) (30205 Views)

Infinix Note 7 And Note 7 Lite Price And Availability In Nigeria / Realme 6 Price And Availability In Nigeria, Features / TSTV Launches New Sassy Decoder - Check Out Price And Availability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Dam5reey(m): 8:05am On Mar 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Impressive. Though I get around same screen on time but with around 10% battery left. My phone's battery is 800mah smaller than this but the display is 1440p against 720p of the s3.

grin
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Rhaspody(m): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2018
CirocBoi:
When i can easily get more value for my money..... Rather go for redmi 5plus

google test point first b4 buying redmi 5 plus
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Willexmania(m): 8:18am On Mar 24, 2018
henry007:
Here's all you need to know about the Infinix S3, same as the Hot S3 you've been hearing about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jienrd-I2DA

It's coming to the Nigerian market sooner than you think, this month.

See SOT after 30mins of gaming.

To see camera samples, you'd have to watch the video.

Cheers! cheesy
bro, in your video, you said the phone supports fast charging , but it did not come with fast charger.
so please, how will i fast charge the phone, which charger am i supposed to use ? because i heard that people are supposed to use only infinix chargers to charge infinix phones. i'm so confused right now.
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Rhaspody(m): 8:18am On Mar 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Impressive. Though I get around same screen on time but with around 10% battery left. My phone's battery is 800mah smaller than this but the display is 1440p against 720p of the s3.

I get 8hrs with heavy 3g browsing. and no gaming though.
with WiFi, I get 10hrs. indoors, I can get more than 10 hrs
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2018
Rhaspody:

I get 8hrs with heavy 3g browsing. and no gaming though.
with WiFi, I get 10hrs. indoors, I can get more than 10 hrs

10 hours screen on time? Bro which phone is that? Post screenshot
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Gptech(m): 8:29am On Mar 24, 2018
Rhaspody:

He doesn't need to do that anymore, was for those who bought earlier with vendor rom and wished to flash official rom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 24, 2018
Hahahahahahhaa

Another piece of junk

And some undiscerning individual will use his or her hard earned money to buy this rubbish ?

My gosh!!

Please you are better off buying used Samsung AT ,A7 ,S6,S7 or HTC

Avoid this at all costs , a LL the comments praising this phone or saying they want to get this are by marketing staff of infinix using multiple accounts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Rhaspody(m): 9:01am On Mar 24, 2018
greenhulk:

10 hours screen on time? Bro which phone is that? Post screenshot
redmi 5 plus.

Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by tbadejo25: 9:52am On Mar 24, 2018
Uchihaitaci:
Hahahahahahhaa

Another piece of junk

And some undiscerning individual will use his or her hard earned money to buy this rubbish ?

My gosh!!

Please you are better off buying used Samsung AT ,A7 ,S6,S7 or HTC

Avoid this at all costs , a LL the comments praising this phone or saying they want to get this are by marketing staff of infinix using multiple accounts

How much does it cost to replace the screen of the S7?

Maybe with 62K, you can buy the screen replacement first and then save up for the rest of the phone.

When you find a 62K samsung phone with same specs, let us know.
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 24, 2018
Rhaspody:

redmi 5 plus.

Impressive. What brightness level do u set ur phone.
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 24, 2018
tbadejo25:

Maybe with 62K, you can buy the screen replacement first and then save up for the rest of the phone.

Actually there are phones with better specs and design that cost less than this. Imagine a 720p phone with big bezels for 62k when there are phones with 1080p and minimum bezel foe cheaper. Infinix are not just learning, they think battery is the only people want in a phone. There are smaller companies making phones with better designs, better specs and cheaper. I think infinix think Nigerians are fools.
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by CirocBoi(m): 10:07am On Mar 24, 2018
Rhaspody:

Oga am buying the global rom....
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Rhaspody(m): 10:09am On Mar 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Impressive. What brightness level do u set ur phone.
always automatic
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by 2day6(m): 10:12am On Mar 24, 2018
all those chinko phones are calculator, we have two phones in the world. iPhone and Samsung.
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 24, 2018
swagguElite:
Nice phone!

....... but I just hate the fact dat I will remove my memory card with my two sims! ..anytime I want to shuffle my Airtel n 3 MTN sims for night browsing!

Meanwhile ....I can't even use Infinix again in my life after my first infinix zero was always hot like iron n my friend's note 4 had a swollen battery dat bent n broke the screen sideways!

Now am stucked with Gionee m5! ..... Coz I can't afford my love ...Samsung!

Was it Infinix Zero5 that you used that was always hot?
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by tbadejo25: 10:20am On Mar 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Actually there are phones with better specs and design that cost less than this. Imagine a 720p phone with big bezels for 62k when there are phones with 1080p and minimum bezel foe cheaper. Infinix are not just learning, they think battery is the only people want in a phone. There are smaller companies making phones with better designs, better specs and cheaper. I think infinix think Nigerians are fools.

The bezel-less design is cool. They've cut down the bezels from what it used to be.

Which one is cheaper and 1080P with this 5.7" size?
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Hhenryy: 10:50am On Mar 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, I've heard this before... does the Infinix hot 4 pro ring a bell? 4,000mah battery and they claimed it supports fast charging but fast charger not included in the box. At the end of the day we found out phone doesn't have any form of fast charging, plug in a fast charger it doesn't change anything, phone takes almost 3 hours to charge full from 0. If this Hot s3 supports fast charging then what stops infinix from including a fast charger? Its not like infinix fast chargers are expensive, this phone is 62k for crying out loud.

Oga, what are you saying? The phone comes with a 2A charger which is quite high if you have some elect Engineering knowledge. And 2hrs 30 mins is a relatively short time to fully charge a 4000mah battery.

I have used devices with lesser battery capacity that take about same time to get fully charged from 0%. For example i have used tecno spark with 3000mah battery and it's takes 3hrs to get full. I also remember using infinix hot with just 2000mah battery and it also takes 3hrs to get fully charged when completely drained.

Hot 5 with 4000mah battery takes about 2hrs 30 mins to get fully charged from 0% which is not bad considering the battery capacity. If they didn't include fast charging it means they will stick with the traditional 1A charger and that will take 4-6hrs to get the job done.

Maybe you want it to go from 0% to 100 under 30 mins or less grin although possible but not practicable. You will need to supply higher current like 3A upwards on same battery to achieve that. And it's bad for battery health and also risks of explosion while charging. And such high currents are not even suitable for miniaturized circuits used in phones.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 24, 2018
tbadejo25:

The bezel-less design is cool. They've cut down the bezels from what it used to be.

Which one is cheaper and 1080P with this 5.7" size?

Redmi note 5A (though not bezeless) but better specd. Still 720p but snapdragon 435, 4gb of RAM and 41k. Better than buying this infinix crap for 62k.

Samsung Galaxy j7 prime. 5.5 inch 1080p fhd display, snapdragon 7870 (same level as snapdragon 600 series for mid range phones, snapdragon 430 on this infinix is for low end phones), 3gb of RAM... For 65k.

Leagoo s8. 5.7 inch 720p display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 3gb of RAM. 42k

Gionee A1. 5.3 inch 1080p fhd display, 4gb of RAM, helio p10 processor, 4010mah battery. For 67k
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2018
tbadejo25:

Dude so because it costs me 56k to replace a blue ray drive in a ps4 pro I shouldn't buy one.instead I should buy a substandard Chinese ps4 clone?

Did you think your comment made sense ?
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by tbadejo25: 11:12am On Mar 24, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Dude so because it costs me 56k to replace a blue ray drive in a ps4 pro I shouldn't buy one.instead I should buy a substandard Chinese ps4 clone?

Did you think your comment made sense ?

There's no basis for comparison between ps4 pro parts and smartphone screens to be made. Do you know the average lifespan of a phone?

Try something else or better still let the person i asked answer the question, no be fight.
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by tbadejo25: 11:18am On Mar 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Redmi note 5A (though not bezeless) but better specd. Still 720p but snapdragon 435, 4gb of RAM and 41k. Better than buying this infinix crap for 62k.

Samsung Galaxy j7 prime. 5.5 inch 1080p fhd display, snapdragon 7870 (same level as snapdragon 600 series for mid range phones, snapdragon 430 on this infinix is for low end phones), 3gb of RAM... For 65k.

Leagoo s8. 5.7 inch 720p display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 3gb of RAM. 42k

Gionee A1. 5.3 inch 1080p fhd display, 4gb of RAM, helio p10 processor, 4010mah battery. For 67k

So in other words, only Leagoo fits the description. Big bezelled phones are out of it in 2018.
I think i'd take Infinix crap over leagoo scrap, i don't know anyone who uses Leagoo.
I checked Leagoo thread once and na rubbish comments full there.
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 24, 2018
Hhenryy:

Oga, what are you saying? The phone comes with a 2A charger which is quite high if you have some elect Engineering knowledge. And 2hrs 30 mins is a relatively short time to fully charge a 4000mah battery.

I have used devices with lesser battery capacity that take about same time to get fully charged from 0%. For example i have used tecno spark with 3000mah battery and it's takes 3hrs to get full. I also remember using infinix hot with just 2000mah battery and it also takes 3hrs to get fully charged when completely drained.

Hot 5 with 4000mah battery takes about 2hrs 30 mins to get fully charged from 0% which is not bad considering the battery capacity. If they didn't include fast charging it means they will stick with the traditional 1A charger and that will take 4-6hrs to get the job done.

Maybe you want it to go from 0% to 100 under 30 mins or less grin although possible but not practicable. You will need to supply higher current like 3A upwards on same battery to achieve that. And it's bad for battery health and also risks of explosion while charging. And such high currents are not even suitable for miniaturized circuits used in phones.

Who is this wannabe? Do u even know the meaning of quick charge? Have u ever used a phone with quick charge? So for u 2hrs 30 mins is fast enough to charge a phone? My LG v20 charges from 0-60 in less than 30 mins using a quick charger. That is quick charge. When u use a normal 2.1amps charger (not even 2.0} it will take like 1hr to get to 60.. u think that is fast enough.

And who told u 5v 2.0amps is fast charger? A fast charger charges at the rate of 9v/11v provided the phone is equipped with quick charger. My phone charges from 0-100 in just over 1hr. Below is a typical fast charger. U can see it has 2 outputs. 5v 2.0A for normal charging (which to u is quick charge) and 9v 1.67A for quick charging (for quick charge enabled devices).

Hhenryy:

This ur comment shows u are lost in the tech world. So in 2018 u still think u need 3A upwards to quick charge a phone.... My brother u don't need that much amperage. If the phone is equipped with quick charge u only need more voltage and less than 2A for quick charge. But if the phone does not have quick charge capability like all those infinix phones u mentioned then quick charge will not work.

Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2018
tbadejo25:

So in other words, only Leagoo fits the description. Big bezelled phones are out of it in 2018.
I think i'd take Infinix crap over leagoo scrap, i don't know anyone who uses Leagoo.
I checked Leagoo thread once and na rubbish comments full there.

My point is with this specs the phone shouldn't be anywhere near 62k
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by tbadejo25: 11:32am On Mar 24, 2018
greenhulk:

My point is with this specs the phone shouldn't be anywhere near 62k

If it was cheaper, i would surprised considering some of the MTK phones they sell cost more than 62K.
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 24, 2018
tbadejo25:

If it was cheaper, i would surprised considering some of the MTK phones they sell cost more than 62K.

Snapdragon 430 is not better than many mtk chips. This is clearly what infinix wants u to think. That they put snapdragon in their phone meanwhile the snapdragon is an entry level one, less powerful than mtk helio x or p series

Compare mtk.helio x20 and snapdragon 430 in the link below.

https://versus.com/en/mediatek-helio-x20-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-430
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 24, 2018
Abeg who sabi d price of new Nokia 3310 dual SIM phone �?
Seriously,I jus want d current price tho...
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by lavenderjade(m): 11:44am On Mar 24, 2018
henry007:
Here's all you need to know about the Infinix S3, same as the Hot S3 you've been hearing about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jienrd-I2DA

It's coming to the Nigerian market sooner than you think, this month.

See SOT after 30mins of gaming.

To see camera samples, you'd have to watch the video.

Cheers! cheesy

This na nonsense na.. Snapdragon 430 wey don old..

My redmi 5 plus and mi max 2 outclasses this shit

1 Like

Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 24, 2018
lavenderjade:

This na nonsense na.. Snapdragon 430 wey don old..

My redmi 5 plus and mi max 2 outclasses this shit

Exactly. But infinix are trying to deceive us, a lot of people are already saying they will buy this phone because it's snapdragon not knowing it's the worst snapdragon there can ever be.
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by lavenderjade(m): 11:49am On Mar 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Exactly. But infinix are trying to deceive us, a lot of people are already saying they will buy this phone because it's snapdragon not knowing it's the worst snapdragon there can ever be.

I swear.. If them use Sd 625.. dat means na 120k e go be.. madt pple....
Infinix na mumu
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Maisamari1994: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2018
I don't have time for this useless gabbech..... waiting for the note 4 age...
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by yeman1(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2018
But when of HTC one A9 shey na good phone compare to Samsung Galaxy s6
Re: Infinix S3 Unboxing, Camera, Battery Life, Price And Availability (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2018
yeman1:
But when of HTC one A9 shey na good phone compare to Samsung Galaxy s6

If u can live with the terrible battery life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Free VPN For Android / ... / Top 3 Features In Iphone X Which Some Android Users Wished They Had

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.