Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption (41598 Views)

Buhari Campaigns In Kaduna: A Caption For This Photo / President Buhari Chilling In His Compound In Daura, Give The Picture A Caption / Reno Omokri ‏gives A Caption To Buhari's Photo As He Returned To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by David160(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bill gates be like : I feel for the 180 million people living in Nigeria
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by natedat: 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
cool grin

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by donqx: 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2018
hmmm
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Babacele: 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
dxpecial:
shut up kiss the truth
which truth, loudmouth?
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by ufuosman(m): 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2018
Problem dey
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
She's awesome with the tax initiatives, the vaids program, which will expose corrupt politicians like ekumeredu.

The borrowing is ok as it's reasonable when you compare it to GDP, but not too favourable when compared to revenues, hence the reason for the desperation to tax.

The borrowing must be put into productive resources for things to work.

We blame buhari, blame the minister, blame corruption, blame everything and everyone, but what about ourselves.

Nigeria is sitting on a gold mine and the youths are too useless to see.

Either they run abroad, go for low paid white collar jobs, politics or even crimes.

Looking at at the tribalism and the opportunity cost cost that is being lost to a lack of imagination, it is safe to say Nigerians are a bunch of wasteful, tribalistic, egocentric low IQ babboons.�
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by TheAlchemist: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
0monnak0da:
What exams did Bill Gates pass himself.

Bill Gates is not God.

There is a psychological process called PROJECTION which is what is at work here.

You like many people on this thread use the "SCREEN" of the photo to project the story of your own psychology.

Firstly Bill Gates already said where he disagrees with the governent. I happen to agree with him on that one point. However difference of opinion does not imply differene in ability intelligence etc.

Ultimately the job of a minister is a political one and Bill Gates has never been a politician.

Politics has nothing to do with pasing exams and everything to do with being in touch with people. Again here I think the government is out of touch with the people

But can we be spared the Bill Gates Worship,.

Bill Gates is a very rich man off the back of a Government protected monopoly(like Dangote) He has not proven himself in any arena outside IT to qualify him( more than any Nigerian) to speak on what government should do for Nigerians. Sometimes he will get it right and other times not so.

One question instead of doing charity work let him come to Africa and actually try to make money let us see how succesful he can be at that where there is no protection from the government for intellectual property.

Africa needs investment not charity? We need jobs not vaccines.

If he loves us so much let him come and open ranches and Dairy farms let him invest in the power sector. Let him come and do business .

That is what we need from him not handuts

After what you guys did to Richard Branson, you want Bill gate to come and get a dose of the ease of doing business in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2018
0monnak0da:

Bill Gates is not God.

There is a psychological process called PROJECTION which is what is at work here.

You like many people on this thread use the "SCREEN" of the photo to project the story of your own psychology.

Firstly Bill Gates already said where he disagrees with the governent. I happen to agree with him on that one point. However difference of opinion does not imply differene in ability intelligence etc.

Ultimately the job of a minister is a political one and Bill Gates has never been a politician.

Politics has nothing to do with pasing exams and everything to do with being in touch with people. Again here I think the government is out of touch with the people

Bill Gates is a very rich man off the back of a Government protected monopoly(like Dangote) He has not proven himself in any arena outside IT to qualify him( more than any Nigerian) to speak on what government should do for Nigerians. Sometimes he will get it right and other times not so.

One question instead of doing charity work let him come to Africa and actually try to make money let us see how succesful he can be at that where there is no protection from the government for intellectual property.

If he loves us so much let him come and open ranches and Dairy farms let him invest in the power sector. Let him come and do business .

Keep waiting for Bill to come and do business in Nigeria. I wouldn't even try business in Nigeria because of the epileptic power supply. I really thought Buhari was going to do something about it.
And we need the vaccines, since our Govt is not helping us, let him help.
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
maestroferddi:
Despite your self-serving verbosity, I am afraid you made hardly any point.

Were the likes of Dora Akunyili, Soludo and Akinwunmi Adesina who left indelible marks in the sands of time as ministers in this country career politicians?

No, Bill Gate should come and spoon-feed people like you who had the impudence of electing a disaster like Buhari as president and yet want others to shoulder the consequence of your crassness...

You are not ashamed to surmise/aver that Gates should come and create jobs for you...

Can you imagine!! He should be ashamed.
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Babacele: 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
Oluwaesko:

didirin leleyi sha
it is obvious you lack home training or else you won't insult persons unknown to you because their opinions are different from yours. Ain't you the real anuhofia?
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
TheAlchemist:

After what you guys did to Richard Branson, you want Bill gate to come and get a dose of the ease of doing business in Nigeria?

Like seriously.
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Sard(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2018
Nigeria can never work.
If she were to be from another tribe I won't want to mention or the ruling party was PDP, most of the people defending her now would have been blasting her while those blasting her now would have been defending/commending her.
Nigeria - a country divided by ethnicity, religion and political affiliation. This country will continue to sink deeper into nepotism, corruption and all sorts of evil!
It's sad I was born here..
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Babacele: 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
CSTR2:
I Don laugh tire.

Ngozi okonjo iweala is the current head of the GAVI board created by Bill Gates ,and she is also on the developmental economics advisory board of many countries in Asia, Africa and even Europe.

Bill Gates must be like only Nigeria can replace a Ferrari with a Volkswagen bettle.
and what economic feat did the Ferrari perform @ $100/ barrel or wasn't she that told us in 2014 to prepare for recession @ $ 60/barrel and was borrowing to pay workers ? We prefer a functioning keke who can manage $30/barrel to a useless Ferrari.
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by loteliz(f): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
The other man be like... 'Which kind yeye be this?'

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by opribo(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
That is the way all CEO look at you when you lack depth in the area you are supposed to be an expert. The picture depicts a case of what the hell is this one talking about. You know that look when you are talking bullsh1t but no one wants to tell you to shut up. Where global world CEO's are seated who is she to be talking.

Has she ever ran a successful business to come and talk, she should be listening and not talking, she has nothing to say other than the usual past government squandered all the money therefore we are in recession but now TSA and tax reform blablabla. Yet the common man cannot see any impact in their lives.
Quacks, tyro's, charlatans, mediocres all over the place feeding on tax payers funds but have nothing tangible to offer the country. Come and chop politicians and their stooges all over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Spindletop: 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
What a pity! Of course you cannot see beyond your fathers hut. You do not see anything good in someone that is not a Biafra or Igbo(weed)
smoker.
maestroferddi:
You must be a nitwit...

What has her putative stint at PWC got to do with the fact that she is rank failure as a finance minister?

When will you grow beyond ethnocentric sentiments to reason constructively/objectively?

They are calling Nigeria a shit-hole because the country is replete with never-do-wells like you who celebrate mediocrity because the people involved are from your neck of the woods.

You better put your head to the proper use it is designed/made for...
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Ofodirinwa: 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
LeOstrich:
[s][/s]

The only thing this adulteress afonjess knows how to do is borrow-borrow.

Go and check the debt portfolio of Ogun state were she served as Commissioner of Finance.

She is a glorified technician. An accountant who doesn't and can never grasp the concept of fiscal and monetary policy formulation or how to stimulate economic growth or economic diversity.

She only knows how to look at the books and thats why the only thing we hear from her is phantom ghost workers and tax increment.

She is in short a dunce!

Or have you forgotten how the Economist described her appointment as that of a local champion?

I agree that the woman is trash, but in the west 'local champion' is a compliment.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Ttipsy(f): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
The man was like, OK kwontinuu
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Afamed: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Koolking:
Even if Jesus Christ leads Nigeria, most Nigerians will still not accept him.

I have come to realise Nigeria's problem is not entirely leadership but the people. Most Nigerians just hate and hate, talk and talk foolishly without making any positive contributions to move the country forward. Once the current narrative does not favour their individualism, they become incurably hateful with parochial mentality.

Nairaland is certainly being held hostage by children going by everyday comments here.

It is a sad tale to tell
You said it all. Most of the comments here are written out of hatred. You will be amazed if you come to meet the background of these lads commenting here, some are yet to pass their Jamb while majority of them are still being fed by their parents.
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by totit: 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
And a mod pushed this thread to the FP, allowed it..even without any sensitive, iota of sense in it nor link. I dey shame for NL.

Shm for NL
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by 0monnak0da: 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
The Yibbo woman has been kicked out if you like cry blood she is not coming back. Kemi is in charge till 2019

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Chukazu: 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
Lipscomb:
She is better than ngozi okojo iwella that 419 .she keep bribed world Bank until God exposed them thanks God for asiwaju bola Ahmed tinubu. Buhari till 2023.

You are so shameless to talk of fight against corruption and you mentioning Tinubu?

Seriously shocked
Same Tinubu that used ENRON that was under liquidation in USA to syphon Lagos State money under dubious INDEPENDENT POWER PROJECT?

the Same TINUBU using ALPHA BETA, LCC ,LEKKI TOLL GATE to steal Lagos Commonwealth?

Your height of hypocrisy has no equal, why not try and mention a more credible human and not a sadist like TINUBU?

am sure you can't find one in APC

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Eluwilussit(m): 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

She was an admin assistant with PWC so what your point exactly

Does the slowpoke know the meaning of admin assistant? grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by 0monnak0da: 8:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
Oko Niwunla is gone get used to the new sheriff
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by 0monnak0da: 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2018
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176097-soludo-replies-okonjo-iweala-accuses-her-of-forging-national-economics-statistics.html

A former Central Bank Governor, Charles Soludo, has reacted to the criticism of his earlier article by the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

In a lengthy, over 6000 words article, Mr. Soludo on Sunday rejected claims by Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala that he performed poorly as governor of the Central Bank. He said his performance as CBN governor was unprecedented locally as well as globally acknowledged.

“In Nigeria’s history, no governor of the Central Bank has delivered 24 consecutive months of single digit inflation as I did until the advent of the unprecedented global crisis in 2008,” he said.

Mr. Soludo then challenged claims by Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, who is also the Coordinating Minister of the Economy, that the Nigerian economy is doing well.

He accused Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala of running the country’s economy aground.

“You are brilliant Madam, but you need serious help,” he said while reeling our data to show the porous state of the Nigerian economy. “Having spent all your life in the World Bank bureaucracy largely in administration/operations, no one will blame you if your economics has become a bit rusty. There are firebrand Nigerians all over the world to draft to service. It is certainly embarrassing to Nigeria for you to be bothering World Bank economists to help you with most basic economic analysis.”

He also accused her of forging Nigeria’s national economics statistics.

Mr. Soludo said, “What worries me is that this government is the first in our history to attempt to manipulate our national statistics under Okonjo-Iweala. When NBS published the poverty figures in 2011, she felt indicted and incensed. She called upon the World Bank to come and examine the ‘methodology’ and get NBS to ‘review’ its numbers. Oby Ezekwesili (as VP Africa Region rejected the call to try to tamper with a country’s statistics). Once Oby left, the ‘World Bank’ started talking about ‘new figures’, without conducting any new surveys.

“I was told about it by a World Bank economist, and I cautioned that it was a dangerous gamble that would damage the credibility of the NBS. If you want to ‘review methodology’, you conduct another survey but you can’t change ‘methodology’ because you don’t like the published figures. No government in our history has tried it: even Sani Abacha allowed a poverty survey that put poverty at 67% under his regime. At this rate, who will believe statistics coming from the Nigerian government again? Is it now the World Bank that sits in Washington and allocates poverty numbers to Nigeria? Something smells here!”

Read Mr. Soludo’s full article below.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and the Missing Trillions (1) Chukwuma Charles Soludo

I read some of the responses to my article, “Buhari vs Jonathan: Beyond the Election”, and I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the debate. I am glad that the debate has finally taken off. I have decided, for the record, to re-enter the debate if only to set some records straight and hopefully elevate the debate further. Whom do I respond to? First, let me thank Gov Kayode Fayemi for his very mature and professional response on behalf of the APC. It forms a great basis for deepening the conversation. Pat Utomi, Oby Ezekwesili, Iyabo Obasanjo, and thousands of other patriotic Nigerians have raised the content of the debate. Femi Fani-Kayode made me laugh, as usual. The Gov. Jang faction of the Governors’ Forum played the usual politics, although I know what most of them think privately. Who else? Oh, Peter Obi. Well, since he can’t write and designated Valentine as usual to write for him (who never disputed the NBS statistics that Obi broke world record in the pauperization of Anambra people but instead focused on lies and abuses) I won’t dignify him with a response here. His third class performance in Anambra will be the subject of a comprehensive article later.

Here, I will focus on Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s response (as Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy—CME and hence on behalf of the Federal Government). Since I have known her, out of deep respect, I have never called her by her name: I call her Madam. I must state that I have great pains seeing myself on the opposite side of the table with Madam, in this way. I respect you, Madam, and will always do. If you read my article of September 2010 (before you became Minister), the tone and elucidation were as strong as the current one. It is my honest effort to ensure that our choice of leaders is based on rigorous scrutiny of what is on offer. Part of my frustration is that five years after, everything I warned about has come to happen and we are conducting our campaigns as if we are not in crisis. As a concerned Nigerian, I have a duty to speak out again. Regrettably, you have taken it very personal.

I am not bothered about the personal abuses: I actually expected worse. What name has the government not called President Obasanjo or any person who has dared to disagree with it of late? Anyone who disagrees with the government must either be ‘insane’ or have a ‘character’ deficiency or must be ‘looking for a job’ or ‘without honour’, or a ‘charlatan’. Yesterday, Sanusi alleged that $20 billion was missing and he was accused of gross financial mismanagement, recklessness and poor governance to the point of being the first governor of central bank to be suspended from office. Today, he is the good one; and for daring to award an “F” grade for our economic performance, Soludo has become the ‘worst’ and ‘without character’ or perhaps ‘looking for position’ (Lol!). Some days ago, a former president was called ‘a motor park tout’ and ‘un-statesmanly’ just for disagreeing. This “how dare you criticise us” mind-set of the government is dangerous for our democracy.

In this Part One of my planned three part series, I will restrict it to the main issues you raised. I will not bother about the malicious attacks on my person. For me, it is nothing personal. In early 2011, I had a similar heated exchange with then Finance Minister Segun Aganga. But when the Nigerian economy was at stake and he invited me to a stakeholders meeting in his office (as Minister of Trade and Investment) to discuss Nigeria’s response to the ruinous EU- Economic Partnership for Africa (EPA), I flew into Nigeria for that (at my expense)— the first and only time I have been to any government office to discuss policy since I left office. It is about Nigeria. I will, as expected, remind people like you of the salient aspects of my record of public service in response to your charge; challenge your claim to debt relief, and your reason for not saving; highlight your forgery of economic statistics and the lies in your response; but most importantly re-focus our attention to the historic mismanagement of our economy which you carefully avoided. I will show that while you are introducing austerity measures and soon to immiserate the citizens, our public finance is haemorrhaging to the point that estimated over N30 trillion is missing or stolen or unaccounted for, or simply mismanaged— under your watch! We can’t go on like this, and I am convinced that an alternative future is possible. Can we have a public debate on this alternative future? The issues at stake are too grave to be trivialized through name calling. As I write, the naira exchange rate to the dollar is at N215 (from N158 a few months ago) and unless oil price recovers, this is just the beginning. For the sake of Nigeria, I won’t keep quiet anymore!

Let me start with Madam’s rather comical, wild judgment on my tenure of office which I believe to be totally false and baseless. I apologise upfront that in the process of making a ‘personal defence’, it is difficult to avoid a rather uncomfortable emphasis on “I”. I did not want that but since Madam has dragged us this low, I have little choice but to do so in the next few paragraphs—just to keep the record straight!

In my view, there are three criteria for evaluating a public officer’s stewardship: the evaluation by his employer; the satisfaction of the public he served; and the hard facts of performance. As I will show on these three counts, I am convinced that I left a world record of public service, and a thousand Okonjo-Iwealas cannot re-write that history. I served Nigeria under two presidents (Obasanjo and Yar’Adua) and as my immediate bosses, below are their written testimonials of my record.

Said President Obasanjo (December 2004):

“Charles Soludo is a true Nigerian. He is the sort of Nigerian that we all know we can rely on. Among his numerous virtues is COURAGE. I have found in him a man who can take tough and realistic decisions, stand his ground, educate others on the salience of his decision, and work very hard to ensure that the decision is efficiently and effectively implemented. His dedication to duty is first rate. His leadership qualities are admirable and his willingness to listen and learn is simply infectious. Professor Soludo has within a short time emerged as one of the leading lights of our nation. Not because he has a godfather but by sheer hard work, loyalty, dedication to duty, commitment to the nation, creativity, and undiluted association with the reform agenda….”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by 0monnak0da: 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/02/soludo-blasts-okonjo-iweala-claims-n30tn-stolen-watch/

The ongoing war of words between the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo and the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has taken a new dimension as he has launched another attack on the minister, challenging her to give account of the N30tn reportedly stolen under her watch.

Soludo was reacting to Okonjo-Iweala’s earlier article where she described him as an ‘intellectual hara-kiri’ following his recent hard knock on the current government over the dwindling fortunes of the nation’s economy.

The former apex bank boss in a 10-page response to Okonjo-Iweala’s response said the nation was in for a very chaotic time this year because the economy had been grossly mismanaged by the minister.

Okonjo-Iweala had in a statement on Wednesday described Soludo as an “embittered loser in the Nigerian political space.”

But Soludo, in his new article, released on Sunday, said if the prices of crude oil in the international market failed to rebound, Nigeria would face an unprecedented level of economic crisis with horrible attendant hardships for the citizenry.

“Our public finance is haemorrhaging to the point that estimated over N30tn is missing, or stolen, or unaccounted for, or simply mismanaged,” the former CBN governor stressed.

In the piece entitled, ‘Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and the missing trillions’, Soludo said the sharp decline in the naira-dollar exchange rate from 158 a few months ago to 215 currently showed that trouble was already at the doorstep.

He added that “unless oil price recovers, this is just the beginning,” adding, “For the sake of Nigeria, I won’t keep quiet anymore!”

“Part of my frustration is that five years after, everything I warned about has come to happen and we are conducting our campaigns as if we are not in a crisis. As a concerned Nigerian, I have a duty to speak out again,” he said.

The former Ananmbra State guber aspirant, who x-rayed, how N30tn allegedly stolen under Okonjo-Iweala’s watch, said, “Under you as the Minister of Finance and coordinator of the economy, the basket of our national treasury is leaking profusely from all sides. Just a few illustrations! First, you admit that ‘oil theft’ has reduced oil output from the average 2.3 – 2.4 million barrels per day to 1.95 mpd (meaning that at least 350,000 to 450,000 barrels per day are being ‘stolen’). On the average of 400,000 per day and the oil prices over the past four years, it comes to about $60bn ‘stolen’ in just four years.

“In today’s exchange rate, that is about N12.6tn. This is at a time of cessation of crisis in the Niger Delta and the amnesty programme. Can you tell Nigerians how much the amnesty programme costs, and also the annual cost for ‘protecting’ the pipelines and security of oil wells? And the ‘thieves’ are spirits?

“Secondly, my earlier article stated that the minimum forex reserves should have been at least $90bn by now and you did not challenge it. Rather, it is about $30bn, meaning that gross mismanagement has denied the country some $60bn or another N12.6tn. Now, add the ‘missing’ $20bn from the NNPC. You promised a forensic audit report ‘soon’, and more than a year later, the report itself is still ‘missing’. This is over N4tn, and we don’t know how much more has ‘missed’ since Sanusi cried out.

“How many trillions of naira were paid for oil subsidy (unappropriated?). How many trillions (in actual fact) have been ‘lost’ through customs duty waivers over the last four years? As coordinator of the economy, can you tell Nigerians why the price of Automotive Gas Oil, popularly called diesel, has still not come down despite the crash in global crude oil prices, and how much is being appropriated by friends in the process?

“Be honest: Do you really know (as coordinator and minister of finance) how many trillions of naira self- financing government agencies earn and spend? I have a long list but let me wait for now. I do not want to talk about other ‘black pots’ that impinge on national security.”

Soludo added, “My estimate, Madam, is that probably more than N30tn has either been stolen, or lost, or unaccounted for, or simply mismanaged under your watchful eyes in the past four years. Since you claimed to be in charge, Nigerians are right to ask you to account. Think about what this amount could mean for the 112 million poor Nigerians, or for our schools, hospitals, roads, etc.

“Soon, you will start asking the citizens to pay this or that tax, while some faceless ‘thieves’ are pocketing over $40m per day from oil alone.”

He described his achievements as both “a revolution and a war, adding that, “most people thought it was impossible, but thank God we succeeded”.

Soludo said, “For the first time in Nigeria’s history, a policy of that magnitude was announced and the deadline kept with precision. We were courageous to revoke the licences of 14 banks, including those of my friends, in one day. The FT-Banker concluded that the scale, precision and cost of the transformation were unprecedented in the world. Before then, Malaysia had the least cost of banking consolidation at five per cent of the Malaysian GDP.

“It did not cost Nigerian taxpayers one penny. Twenty-five new and stronger banks emerged, but the powerful idea behind the consolidation ignited something even more powerful – the race to the top. Banks raised more capital, and even banks like First Bank, Zenith, GTB, etc., that did not merge with others went on capital raising several times. The consequence was higher levels of capitalisation and within two years, 14 Nigerian banks were in the top 1,000 banks in the world and two in the top 300 (no Nigerian bank was in the top 1,000 before I came).

“Even after I left office, still nine banks were in the top 1,000. Our vision was to have a Nigerian bank in the top 100 banks within 10 years. As I see the new Access Bank, Zenith, GTB, Fidelity, Diamond, UBA, FBN, FCMB, Skye, Stanbic IBTC, Union, Ecobank, etc., I cannot but feel that we have taken giant steps forward.

“Deposits and credit soared (from barely N1.2tn to over N7tn); new technologies (ATM and e-banking) boomed, and banks had 57,000 new jobs; mega businesses emerged (ask any major operator in the Nigerian economy their experience with banking and credit before and after Soludo; – the Dangotes, Arik, MM2, oil and gas operators etc.); capital market boomed and dominated by the banking sector.

“It was a new dawn for the Nigerian private sector. I have heard Dangote twice say that he would not be near as big as he is today without the banking consolidation. Many other stakeholders still say it today. FDI and portfolio inflows flooded into Nigeria. The world celebrated, and one single transformative idea has changed the face of the private sector and the economy forever. Banks became Nigeria’s first transnational corporations, with about 37 branches outside of Nigeria,” he added.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by 9inches(m): 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
Their faces be like "this woman don misuse our money com dey tell story!"
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by CodeTemplar: 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2018
0monnak0da:

Bill Gates is not God.

I know you don't believe what you wrote.
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by kafeii123: 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
0monnak0da:

Bill Gates is not God.

Really?

Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by kafeii123: 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
maestroferddi:
Despite your self-serving verbosity, I am afraid you made hardly any point.

Were the likes of Dora Akunyili, Soludo and Akinwunmi Adesina who left indelible marks in the sands of time as ministers in this country career politicians?

No, Bill Gate should come and spoon-feed people like you who had the impudence of electing a disaster like Buhari as president and yet want others to shoulder the consequence of your crassness...

You are not ashamed to surmise/aver that Gates should come and create jobs for you...

You just spoke my mind here
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by Sagay212: 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
JUST LOOK AT THE DISGUST AND DISAPPOINTMENT IN THEIR FACES. THEY MUST BE THINKING 'THIS IS INDEED A SHI.THOLE
Re: Picture Of Bill Gates And Kemi Adeosun: Give It A Caption by smartpyzee(m): 8:54pm On Mar 23, 2018
Babacele:
Bill Gates be like : so PDP looted the country so bad it would have died.... no wonder all the billions in aids I sent under PDP has no impact at all. It means whatever you , Buhari and your economic team is doing to rescue the economy is great and I have to reconsider my earlier critiscism of the PMB administration...
lol you wish cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bauchi Lawmakers Outfits To A Beach In Dubai. Photos / Militants Give Condition To Stop Bombings In N’delta / Fayemi Begs Ekiti People For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.