Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models (33714 Views)

China Is The King Of Copycat Cars / Photos Of Cars And Jets With Matching Colors: They Are Just Too Cute / The Chinese Copycat Cars Of The 2017 Shanghai Motor Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Automotive1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
Visual design and logos are what sets car manufacturers apart from the rest . But some chinese automakers are taking these iconic shapes from popular brands and producing their own much cheaper version.

Some are so similar it would be almost impossible for the average person to tell the difference between the fake and the original.

But somehow Chinese automaker are avoiding legal proceedings, as their cars technically aren't exact replicas.

See if you can spot the difference between these popular models and their near-identical imitations.

1) LandWind X7 (Range Rover Evoque copy)
Land Rover attempted to sue LandWind for their £14,000 copy of the Evoque

2) Geely Merrie 300 (Mercedes-Benz C-Class copy)
Remove badges and these two models are difficult to separate

3) Zotye SR9 (Porsche Macan copy)
Everything down to the shape of the headlights comes from Macan

4) Geely GE (Rolls-Royce Phantom copy)
The iconic British luxury car is not exempted

5) Hanteng Electric concept (Jaguar I-Pace copy)

6) Lifan Xuanlang (Ford C-Max copy)
The Xuanlang comes with a slightly larger front grille

7) Zotye E30 (Smart ForTwo copy)
Zotye even ripped the paint scheme from Smart

cool Eagle (Porsche Cayman copy)
Even the badges looks similar

9) Lifan 320 (MINI 5-door hatch copy)
Minus the stripes, the white Lifan's body looks very similar to the 5-door MINI

10) JAC A6 (Audi A6 copy)
JAC kept the same "A6" model name

11) Zotye T600 (Volkswagen Tiguan copy)

12) BAIC X424 (Jeep Wrangler copy)
Jeep won't be too happy about this cheaper copycat

Under Chinese law, it is almost impossible for a Western firm to prove to a Chinese court a Chinese manufacturer has infringed a patent.

What do you think?

Source https://autojosh.com/spot-the-difference-between-these-chinese-copycat-cars-and-their-original-models/

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by nickxtra(m): 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
Don't be deceived, my brother. Both the originals and the Chinese copy cats are both made in China. The world's economy is in China now.

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by kelvin1191(m): 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
even the paint on those chinese car is enough for me to spot the difference.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Didn't we just do this?

2 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Amirullaha(m): 7:13am On Mar 24, 2018
The Chinese people are wicked o....
The zotye even copy the ripped paint from smart join...
SMH...

3 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 24, 2018
nickxtra:
Don't be deceived, my brother. Both the originals and the Chinese copy cats are both made in China. The world's economy is in China now.

Gbam!

20 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Aldebaran(m): 7:14am On Mar 24, 2018
The C in China means Copy and it's already making them a market leader cheesy grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by bjayx: 7:15am On Mar 24, 2018
I'll go for the copycats ooo

11 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Diso60090(m): 7:16am On Mar 24, 2018
Who cars epp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by jerflakes(m): 7:16am On Mar 24, 2018
nickxtra:

There's a movie I watched

They said "the American dream is made in China "

46 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Chukazu: 7:17am On Mar 24, 2018
And some peeps be saying rubbish about INNOSON cloning other cars sad

50 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by shadeyinka(m): 7:18am On Mar 24, 2018
China is a thinking country.
Rather than reinventing the wheel, they duplicated everything that is from the west.

They are even selling their photocopies to Africa and the west at reduced cost.

Unlike Nigeria. We would rather import toothpicks and every other thing we use.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by roqrules04(m): 7:20am On Mar 24, 2018
All Chinese copycat product must always shine grin

3 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Ihateafonja: 7:23am On Mar 24, 2018
The chinese copy cat of landwind, eagle and Jac A6 are beautiful

5 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by anibirelawal(m): 7:23am On Mar 24, 2018
jerflakes:

There's a movie I watched
They said "the American dream is made in China "

What is the name of the movie?

1 Like

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Exponental(m): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2018
Benz GWagon and Innoson ...
Life is full of copycats. Once someone appreciates you or products, it will be copied. Eg Tailors

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by princemillla(m): 7:25am On Mar 24, 2018
A man once asked a chinese man

Man ''do you know who JESUS is?

Chinese man '' No, but if you tell me i will make 2 COPY for you.

Chinese are crazy fellows...their life style is worthy of emulations.

Atleast they are better in every area.

20 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by ruggedtimi(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2018
most of these cars like the geely Merrie 300, lifan320 and baic x424 can be spotted in Ghana. There is another copycat of toyota corolla called BYD F3. "BYD" is a Chinese auto company owned by world richest Warren buffet.

3 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by ThinkSmarter: 7:27am On Mar 24, 2018
CHINA is a country.
well grounded in food productions, automobiles, textile, electronics[ phones, computers,etc], military/weaponry, telecoms and what hv u.
in fact,i love china, very smart people

23 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by jerflakes(m): 7:29am On Mar 24, 2018
anibirelawal:

What is the name of the movie?

Dunno it's been long since I saw it

2 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by remedick: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2018
nickxtra:
bless you

4 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Nwaohafia1: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2018
Op, you forgot to add the Hiace bus copy?

That is how a friend bought 7 Chinese buses (Hiace copy), and i told him he should have used that money ti but 3 Toyota Hiace. Now, all buses are grounded.

Photocopy can never be like Original.

5 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by jaxxy(m): 7:31am On Mar 24, 2018
Chinese shud try and copy without it being obvious na this cheap copying

7 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Nutase: 7:32am On Mar 24, 2018
Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by anibirelawal(m): 7:33am On Mar 24, 2018
jerflakes:

Dunno it's been long since I saw it
OK.

Chinese are great Achievers.

1 Like

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:33am On Mar 24, 2018
Still thumbs up to them!
We can't even make copy cockroach!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by jaxxy(m): 7:33am On Mar 24, 2018
nickxtra:

For other items bt not cars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 24, 2018
Copy and Paste. Lol!
Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by jerflakes(m): 7:40am On Mar 24, 2018
anibirelawal:

OK.

Chinese are great Achievers.

Ah swear

There a famous saying "no matter how good you are, there's an Asian kid better than you"

5 Likes

Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:41am On Mar 24, 2018
Diso60090:
Who cars epp
Sorry bros
Re: Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models by dapsin999(m): 7:42am On Mar 24, 2018
jaxxy:

For other items bt not cars

Bro @jaxxy, Trust you haven’t seen Tumpchi cars. Your perception will change and a day visit to China will definitely trigger changing your perception.
Chinese have gone faaaaaarrr! Don’t take their humble and timid life for a ride. That they are not talking about nuclear weapons and all that doesn’t mean they are dumb. They are just reserve, even in entertainment, football etc.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How The Toyota Supra Has Evolved Since 1978 (photos) / Horror In Benue: Trailer Crushes 8 Students To Death In Otukpa (photos) / 2019 Lamborghini Urus Unveiled - The World’s First Super Sport Utility Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.