Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! (5121 Views)

Peter Mutharika Accuses T.B Joshua Of Giving A Fake Prophecy / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / My Best Praise, Thanks Giving And Worship Song What are Yours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Zikkyy(m): 1:26pm On May 07, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

When you discourage the flock of the Shepherd from doing the will of God (in this sense, giving to the Lord) you are in a sense stealling from them. "The thief cometh not but for to steal and to kill and to destroy". So, in essence, you are depriving and preventing the children of God from giving to the work and service of the Lord,

The problem with you guys is you don’t read, and when you do, you don’t process the information. If you had taken time out to process posts made by Nuclearboy or Aletheia, I am sure your response will be different. People like you prefer to be spoon-fed by the MOG whether wrong or right. You behave like a robot.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by nuclearboy(m): 1:30pm On May 07, 2010
Abuzola minus-minus (AKA Olaadegbu):

You are in denial, delusional and not making sense!

God knows how many thousands of people will read this page and posts! How dare you allow me "prove the truth" when you have scriptural backing for your lies. Why not show us as God said in Is 45, YOUR STRONG REASONS AND PROCLAIM THEM THAT THOU MAYEST BE JUSTIFIED.

For that is the truth, ain't it? Even God allows us bring our case and if we are right and true, we win our petition. You on the other hand, having no locus standi, must slink away in shame, petulant and muttering at the whipping you got from God's Word for it is God you're fighting against since its His Word not min that shows you as the intellectual and spiritual fraud you are.

Master Olaadegbu, go read your Bible and learn the truth rather than showing the world via NL, the hole in your head.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:58pm On May 07, 2010
God Gave Them Up

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." (Romans 1:28)

This is a terrifying verse, climaxing the awful indictment (in Romans 1:18-32) of God against a world in rebellion against its maker.  This burning passage begins with Paul's declaration that God's wrath has been revealed against all those who "hold the truth"--[/i]or, more explicitly, [i]"hold down or suppress the truth" in unrighteousness.

Then, in a rising crescendo of testimonies of wickedness and resulting condemnation, one fearful clause appears no less than three times: "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts. . . . For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections. . . . God gave them over to a reprobate mind" (vv. 24, 26, 28).

As terrible as such judgments seem, the provocations were infinitely worse. They "changed the glory of the uncorruptible God" into idols depicting His creatures (v. 23).  They "changed the truth of God into a lie" and rejected Him as Creator (v. 25).  They subjected Him to critical philosophical scrutiny, and chose not "to retain God in their knowledge" at all (implied in the Greek "did not like"wink (v. 28).  Thus it was that our God of all grace finally had to give them up!

But the frightening thing is that this dark scene describes more than ancient paganism.  Every verse is also a precise indictment of this present, evil "post-Christian" world, as we almost seem to be reading therein a documentary of the present age.  What a picture it draws of modern evolutionary humanism in practice!

Yet the apostle Paul was still preparing to go to Rome, "not ashamed of the gospel of Christ," for that gospel was then--and still is[i]--"the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"[/i] (Romans 1:16). HMM

Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by nuclearboy(m): 2:13pm On May 07, 2010
Part of why I called you "Master" rather than "Mr" is because you are immature. the other part is because you are happily shooting yourself in the foot with that foot climbing down your gullet.

You have just described yourselves perfectly. You change God's Word from "give the Needy" to "Give the Pastors" thus rebelling by [1] lying [2] saying God knows less than you [3] stealing from the needy [4] condemning the needy to starvation [5] rebelling etc and so He has indeed given you over to reprobacy.

The Bible says Christianity's reward is in Heaven but you say its on earth: reprobacy. The Bible says the lust for money and greed is what sets people off on the path to perdition but you say "more more more". Now Proverbs tells us about the leech's two daughters:- all they say is "give me, give me give me". So you are also a leech.

When you change God's Word to your own, you are denying Him His Glory and ultimately saying like Lucifer "I will be like the Most High". Being like Him is the only reason that can make a man believe he has a right to change God's Word. Yet you are not incorruptible.

As for retaining the knowledge of God, there's no need going too much into that - you have proved that the only knowledge you retain or EVEN WISH to retain is that of Baal, your money "god".

Now I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ whether it comes with tribulation or pain. I give willingly and work very very hard for what God has given me financially though I know its His grace and not my work. You are ashamed of a Gospel that does not come with money; you are jobless and believe you've found a treasure chest in "manipulating" the gullible for your self gain.

True did Jesus say "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also". People will sacrifice anything for their target. I left the world for Christ, some leave one woman for another but YOU! You are sacrificing God Himself for money. Yet you remain poor for if not, why are you here desperate to get people to bring their "all" to you. Go repent!
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Zikkyy(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2010
nuclearboy:

Part of why I called you "Master" rather than "Mr" is because you are immature. the other part is because you are happily shooting yourself in the foot with that foot climbing down your gullet.

'master' olaadegbu succeeded in hanging himself. sad
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Tonyet1(m): 3:54pm On May 07, 2010
NuclearBoy,

Stop talking too much and answer a simple question, why did Jesus accepted the alabaster perfume on his feet when it was suppose to be sold and the money given to the poor?
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Tonyet1(m): 4:00pm On May 07, 2010
@ Alethiea and Ttalks (well renowned hypos),

since you guys carry the crusade that the wholistic message of giving by Paul in the Ntestament was to give to the poor et al, pls show me where paul in the whole of the NT ever mentioned that WE AS CHRISTIANS SHOULD EVER GIVE MONEY TO THE POOR. pls show biblical reference else forever keep quiet here. i didnt say so the jury did.! cool
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by nuclearboy(m): 4:05pm On May 07, 2010
Tonye-Tithes:

You're an amazement: when did you or pastor "mog" become Jesus?

Jesus was being honored! For an entity that came down from Glory, submitted Himself to the limitations of the flesh and was about to pour out His very life for us, what do you think is enough talkless plenty or too much, to honor him!

Are you now comparing a man (all have come short of the Glory of God) to Jesus? Which man? Do you realise any guy who wakes up, has good diction, stands before a mirror and builds self confidence and his oratory prowess can be a pastor? Which one of them on earth today has the "effect" Adolf Hitler had when he gave speeches? Why not give him your "all" too?

Who told you it was supposed to e sold and the money given to the poor? Was it not Judas, your predecessor in thievery, who wanted it to come to him, that said so JUST AS you too are now looking for any and every way to ask that people bring their monies to you? Bottom line is Glory and Honor is due to God (Jesus) - it is not due to you (pastor). Let me see you deny that. But you won't will you? You'll pretentd its not there, go and look for another lie and set of even more silly questions that only prove your knowledge of God and the Bible is shallow.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Tonyet1(m): 4:23pm On May 07, 2010
This boy I dont even know if your name is nuclear or notclear,

So when did you also become a Jesus to judge the "mogs" by calling them theives who made u a judge. Who exactly is the hypocrite here? pathetic.

1. Your stern biase as well as you pals' will only make you feel jealous when MOGs do well and prolly u dont

2. Jesus said "give and it shall be given back to you in good measures" you hypocrites see this and close your "eyeless" eyes. because it plainly rebuke your baseless rebukes. what a shame!

3. God so love the world that HE GAVE, if i say i love God, then i should give.simple!, but you hypocrites say no no the new testament did not say we should give. But how else can one love without giving something, be it money, kind, or acts of benevolence. what a shame!

4. Hey hey hey as the hypos will always say, Tonye-thief, Paul as a pastor worked for his moneys therefore all MOGs should follow suit. Ok! so if dat was the case, therefore no MOG should get married, since paul didnt. ever thought of that. what a shame.

5. The MOGs are PIMPs they say! ok what made them a PIMPs, they reply: they wears curls, fly on private jets and wears about the 'flyest' suits. OK! so what happened to the sweet donkey Jesus used, what happened to the fly garment those baggers almost killed themselves for?

John the baptist came not eating anything and the people called him A DEMON POSSESSED
Jesus came eating and drinking and now the same people called him A GLUTTON.

If these MOGs live worse, you hypos'll find something silly to say
Now they are look good and live great lives and still further the gospel very well, the same hypos'll not let them be. gooooosh what a world of folks.

6. That dude by name Kunle will open his brash mouth and say, the church is not where Pastors ought to earn their living. show him dis passage and he'll run as well as Zikkyy and Ogajim (Kunle's shadow).

1 Cor 9:12-14
13 Do you not know that those who minister the holy things eat of the things of the temple , and those who serve at the altar partake of the offerings of the altar?
14 Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel. NKJV

7. Tell dis hypos that MOGs LIVELIHOOD is a COMMAND FROM GOD they'll keep quite, the next day they are all off at it again. over what? maybe to face the fact that these MOGs are blessed by God aint a possible thing in their givingless lives.

Mr Davidylan of all people even opened his mouth to rebuke these men and i wondered ok! what exactly is your point

1. He said Tithes

hmmm. . . ok is it wrong even WHEN JESUS STRAIGHTLY SAID PRACTISE TITHING. ever since he's been mute. I wonder!
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by nuclearboy(m): 4:43pm On May 07, 2010
I lot of people are reading this, tonye and you are just showing you are absolutely shameless, morally bankrupt and without conscience.

My name means nothing to you, becoming "Jesus" is not the issue, hypocrisy is obviously synonymous with your guiding spirit. Why are those the issues for you here - why not answer the queries or provide your scriptural evidence?

Is this not obviously because you're empty and without substance?

Over and over here, we ALL have said "giving is GOOD" and synonymous with Christianity. BUT manipulated "collection" by pastors is wrong and ANYBODY who turns God's Word upside down is worng, no matter how many people are in their congregation or how you wish it away.

God gave out of love. Jesus did same and we see the word compassion interred with His actions over and over. I will give out of love. BUT YOU TURN IT INTO A TAX AND TAKE WHAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU.

Now, if the above is not clear to you, its because you are mentally deficient and amoral. That word btw, means that you do not know the difference between right and wrong.

Peter married though Paul didn't. Jesus worked and so did the apostles. And the Bible says we all are members of a Royal Priesthood. So no Christian should work according to you OR we all should have tithes paid to us? Is that english elementary enough for you now? Abi your mature teeth will break on that?

On the hair chris sports, did you ever read the Bible that EVEN women should not be vain but clothe themselves with modesty? If even women should be modest, what say ye about men? Jesus' donkey was ridden by the King of Glory. Who is wearing chris's flyest suit (what is a flyest suit?). and on eating holy things, no wonder its only food you people know. Ole!
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Zikkyy(m): 4:57pm On May 07, 2010
Matthew 26:6-12 (New International Version)
6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked. 9"This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."

10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial.

Tonye-t:

NuclearBoy,

Stop talking too much and answer a simple question, why did Jesus accepted the alabaster perfume on his feet when it was suppose to be sold and the money given to the poor?

Oga Tonye, what message are you passing across here? What is the relationship to coerced giving? There was no instruction that the apostles should continue to enrich themselves by collecting from the poor.

You see in verse 12 why Christ accepted the expensive perfume, so maybe we should ask you for reasoning behind the continuous fleecing of the poor by most MOGs.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Tonyet1(m): 5:13pm On May 07, 2010
nuclearboy:

why not answer the queries or provide your scriptural evidence?

My friend, pls post the queries and i'll provide you scriptural evidence.
nuclearboy:

I lot of people are reading this, tonye and you are just showing you are absolutely shameless, morally bankrupt and without conscience.

Over and over here, we ALL have said "giving is GOOD" and synonymous with Christianity. BUT manipulated "collection" by pastors is wrong and ANYBODY who turns God's Word upside down is worng, no matter how many people are in their congregation or how you wish it away.

And how exactly do they manipulate these scriptures? pls answer me. Its very obvious now i can tag you as member of the band of dilly-dallies.

what is manipulation in preaching tithing as a relevant task for believers of God?
what is manipulation in preaching for collections to be used to help give scholarships to folks in school?
what is manipulation in preaching to christians the benefits of giving to one another?
what is manipulation in preaching for collections to be used for outreaches and missions?
what is manipulation in preaching to believers the christian obligations to the needy and orphans?

Nuclearboy, all you guys do is come around, find some gossip stuffs about innocent MOG and paint their ministries black. "pls remove that log b4 pointing at the others' speck"  - just an advice!

tell me you support tithing fine!
tell me you agree to giving fine!

else tell me you ( and i mean your band since you used the word 'WE') are of the opinion that giving should stop in churches because of the way some fake MOGs abuse it and i'll have problems with that.  undecided undecided
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by ttalks(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2010
Tonye-t:

since you guys carry the crusade that the wholistic message of giving by Paul in the Ntestament was to give to the poor et al, pls show me where paul in the whole of the NT ever mentioned that WE AS CHRISTIANS SHOULD EVER GIVE MONEY TO THE POOR. pls show biblical reference else forever keep quiet here. i didnt say so the jury did.! cool

Eph 4:28
(28)  Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

1Co 16:1-2
(1)  Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
(2)  Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Gal 2:10
(10)  They only [made one stipulation], that we were to remember the poor, which very thing I was also eager to do.

These verses are quite sufficient. And one thing you should get clear is that we are to give to whomsoever is in need.
One does not have to be a beggar on the street to be in need(because I feel the impression you have about those in need are beggars on the street).
Anybody can have a need at any point in time. It could be a beggar, it could be a child,a man who is broke at a point in time,
a widow who has no money to send her child to school, a student who needs a ride to school, a young girl who needs help;
. . . . . it could also be you who might have a lot of money stuck in your bank account but at the moment have no access to it cos your atm card
is missing,it's the weekend(and banks are closed) and your stomach is eating itself out in hunger as you forgot to stock up your fridge for
the weekend . . . . .
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Zikkyy(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2010
Oga Tonye, too much emotion in post, you are not making sense anymore.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Tonyet1(m): 5:20pm On May 07, 2010
Zikkyy:

Oga Tonye,
There was no instruction that the apostles should continue to enrich themselves by collecting from the poor.

And what exactly are your evidence? do you attend their churches? do you know the number of poor folks who receive blessings from this same ministries you guys always come around crucifying here?

What you guys fail to realise is that these 'poor' folks would not attend these churches if they were not blessed, like the scriptures rightly put it

Luke 17:37
And he said unto them, Where the body is, there will the eagles also be gathered together.
ASV
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by ogajim(m): 5:21pm On May 07, 2010
Tonye-t:

And how exactly do they manipulate these scriptures? pls answer me. Its very obvious now i can tag you as member of the band of dilly-dallies.

what is manipulation in preaching tithing as a relevant task for believers of God?
what is manipulation in preaching for collections to be used to help give scholarships to folks in school?
what is manipulation in preaching to christians the benefits of giving to one another?
what is manipulation in preaching for collections to be used for outreaches and missions?
what is manipulation in preaching to believers the christian obligations to the needy and orphans?

Nuclearboy, all you guys do is come around, find some gossip stuffs about innocent MOG and paint their ministries black. "pls remove that log b4 pointing at the others' speck" - just an advice!

tell me you support tithing fine!
tell me you agree to giving fine!

else tell me you ( and i mean your band since you used the word 'WE') are of the opinion that [color=#006600]giving should stop in churches because of the way some fake MOGs abuse it and i'll have problems with that.
undecided undecided[/color]

What you and your Jerry Curled con men fail to realize tonye-tithe is the "change in Priesthood" , maybe you should read up on that in case you forgot the Christian is the Church now and our MOG is non other than Jesus Christ, not some other guy no matter what he wants to be called or how many greatest hits videos he has to his credit.

By their FRUITS we shall definitely know them! Get a REAL JOB instead of trying to use the Bible dude cheesy
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Tonyet1(m): 5:36pm On May 07, 2010
ttalks:

Eph 4:28
(28) Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

(1) Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
(2) Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Gal 2:10
(10) They only [made one stipulation], that we were to remember the poor, which very thing I was also eager to do.

ROTFLS seriously i can now read their minds. . .goooosh i thought of these scriptures as much too as it appears that's all they got to show and offer.

1. What Paul meant in ephesians was a plea to idle folks who lazy around and make a living from stealing to desist and bcome of responsibility to those who'll need their services. It had nothing to do with giving your money to the poor as he never refered to all christians but rather does who steal. correction!

2. So when did "collection of the saint" bcome "collection for poor and needy" gooosh these guys will not seize to pop lafter in me. grin grin grin

3. what a point you gave in Gal.2:10. But pls did you check the meaning of that usage 'poor'. for your info it never referred to beggars, nor those in need.maybe Matt. 5:3 will explain berra. wink wink wink *see how serious he posted thinking to have made a point grin grin grin grin
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Tonyet1(m): 5:40pm On May 07, 2010
ogajim:

What you and your Jerry Curled con men fail to realize tonye-tithe is the "change in Priesthood" , maybe you should read up on that in case you forgot the Christian is the Church now and our MOG is non other than Jesus Christ, not some other guy no matter what he wants to be called or how many greatest hits videos he has to his credit.

By their FRUITS we shall definitely know them! Get a REAL JOB instead of trying to use the Bible dude cheesy

what a post grin grin grin grin grin gooosh cant help lafter anymore. what has 'change in [size=15pt]Priest[/size][size=19pt]HOOD[/size]' got to do with giving? angry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Zikkyy(m): 5:46pm On May 07, 2010
Tonye-t:

Simply becuase it's not a relevant task. You are yet to prove it is a relevant task. To force it on the congregation as a relevant task amounts to manipulation.

Tonye-t:

And what exactly are your evidence? do you attend their churches? do you know the number of poor folks who receive blessings from this same ministries you guys always come around crucifying here?

Tonye-t, you are begining to disappoint me. What evidence do you want? Posts from NL pastors, facts that pastors are buying private jets from special collections? I just dont understand you. [color=#990000]Edit: some poor folks received their blessings in Rev. Kings church.

Tonye-t:

What you guys fail to realise is that these 'poor' folks would not attend these churches if they were not blessed, like the scriptures rightly put it[/color]

Please note that i have nothing against the poor being blessed(anywhere), but you are talking like a baby, i am not going to go into why the poor are in church, everybody knows that. Not when you know the state of the Nigerian economy. Then tell me what you think the ratio of poor to rich in christian community as proof of blessings. Please dont forget to explain why only a few are being blessed.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by nuclearboy(m): 6:06pm On May 07, 2010
@Zikky:

Why are you suprised at T-Tithes? didn't you read what he wrote above saying it is "thieves that should work so they can give to the poor"? Isn't it obvious the guy is rabid and just looking for someone to bite? He's totally out of his mind! A person that does not realise most poor come because of the sweet-mouthed honeyed speech that beckons to them to "sow" and get a miracle.

2008, Ashimolowo was at Victory Church, Ibadan and offered "24 hour miracles" to anyone who "sowed" 20K. you can imagine a lot of people sowed ( grin ). Some borrowed to "sow".

@Tonye-T:

You're ignorant and refuse to learn in addition. You ask what change in priesthood has to do? shocked Everything, Tonye. The Bible says we ALL are levites. That means ALL Christians. There is only one High Priest (MOG) and that is Jesus Christ. Who did the levites pay tithe to? Please answer this then tell me who you, a supposed levite are supposed to pay to. Please note it is the Bible that says there is only ONE high priest amongst all the priests! There is no seniority aside His own amongst them.

Following the point above, that High Priest HIMSELF said "when you feed the poor you feed me, in clothing them, you clothe me and in sheltering them, its me you shelter". So if you wish to pay your "tithe" to the high priest (being the only Levite's LEVITE), who has He said to pay it to?

We know you're likely past redemption. But it is good you have made a stand like this as it has allowed a lot of truth to be shared here and a whole lot of people will read and leave quietly. Almost all of them will pray that God does not give them children after your order. The others will vow to beat such rubbish out of their children by themselves. That alone, is sufficient as reward here. We'll know the next generation will possess brains and a conscience tongue
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by ttalks(m): 6:32pm On May 07, 2010
It is now very clear that Tonye does not know his bible:

Tonye-t:

ROTFLS seriously i can now read their minds. . .goooosh i thought of these scriptures as much too as it appears that's all they got to show and offer.

1. What Paul meant in ephesians was a plea to idle folks who lazy around and make a living from stealing to desist and bcome of responsibility to those who'll need their services. It had nothing to do with giving your money to the poor as he never refered to all christians but rather does who steal. correction!

Mr. Tonye, the man paul was talking to Christians in that passage too; in that when you have, you give to those that need. Your view is so myopic
that you can't see what needs to be seen. When the thief stops stealing and becomes responsible;meaning when he repents and does the right thing,he should be able to give to those that are in need. That message of giving to the needy when you have is meant for you too.

Tonye-t:

2. So when did "collection of the saint" bcome "collection for poor and needy" gooosh these guys will not seize to pop lafter in me. grin grin grin

Kai! This man does not know his bible at all.

This was Paul's instruction:

(1)  Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
(2)  Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

This is what he did after some christians responded:

Rom 15:25-26
(25)  But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
(26)  For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

This was his appreciation of the response of some christians to the instruction:

2Co 8:1-4
(1)  Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
(2)  How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
(3)  For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;
(4) Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.

Tonye, do you now see that the collection was for poor saints in Jerusalem who were in need?
Please read the bible more and you will see more connections to that fact.

Tonye-t:

3. what a point you gave in Gal.2:10. But pls did you check the meaning of that usage 'poor'. for your info it never referred to beggars, nor those in need.maybe Matt. 5:3 will explain berra. wink wink wink *see how serious he posted thinking to have made a point grin grin grin grin

You are amazing. How on earth does the passage in Matthew relate to this you this man?

Look at other translations if the one I gave does not make sense:

Gal 2:10(AMP)
(10)  They only [made one stipulation], that we were to remember the poor, which very thing I was also eager to do.

Gal 2:10(BBE)
(10)  Only it was their desire that we would give thought to the poor; which very thing I had much in mind to do.

Gal 2:10(CEV)
(10)  They only asked us to remember the poor, and that was something I had always been eager to do.

Gal 2:10(ISV)
(10)  The only thing they asked us to do was to remember the destitute, the very thing I was eager to do.

Gal 2:10(KJV)
(10)  Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by aletheia(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2010
@Tonye-t:
Why have you not responded to my previous posts? Instead, you have gone ahead to post disjointed and discombobulated drivel, dragging all sort of red herrings out?

Tonye-t:

since you guys carry the crusade that the wholistic message of giving by Paul in the Ntestament was to give to the poor et al, pls show me where paul in the whole of the NT ever mentioned that WE AS CHRISTIANS SHOULD EVER GIVE MONEY TO THE POOR. pls show biblical reference else forever keep quiet here. i didnt say so the jury did.!  cool

To your challenge: ttalks gave you the answer from the bible but your greed would not allow you to see it. Again to reiterate:
Gal 2:10  Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.
To which you wrote this:
Tonye-t:
what a point you gave in Gal.2:10. But pls did you check the meaning of that usage 'poor'. [size=16pt]for your info it never referred to beggars, nor those in need[/size].maybe Matt. 5:3 will explain berra
Tonye-t up to his usual word games.
Your strategy is patently obvious; first isolate a word, taking it out of context, then redefine it to mean whatever you want it to mean.

Here goes:

The word translated poor in Galatians 2:10 is:
πτωχός (ptōchos)
From πτώσσω ptōssō (to crouch; akin to G4422 and the alternate of G4098); a beggar (as cringing), that is, pauper (strictly denoting absolute or public mendicancy, although also used in a qualified or relative sense; whereas G3993 properly means only straitened circumstances in private), literally (often as noun) or figuratively (distressed): - beggar (-ly), poor.

It now official, Tonye-t is a lying pastor who twists scriptures for his own greedy ends.

And you have the effontery to post this:
Tonye-t:

wink wink wink *see how serious he posted thinking to have made a point  grin grin grin grin

What a ninny you are.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 07, 2010
@tonye, joagbaje, olaadegbu and all you tithe peddlers:

My heart goes out to the ignorance and pride that is in your spirits. I just hope it wouldn't be too late for you to repent.

If you were all humble, you would believe the words of Jesus and His disciples and not corrupt it to quench your greedy thirsts.

The gospel of Christ is not about worldly gain. It's everywhere in the NT and you don't need to be super intelligent to understand this.

@nuclearboy, ttalks, athelia, zikky and all others contending for the faith given to the saints, May the Lord strenghten us all even in the face of trials and persecutions.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by aletheia(m): 7:27pm On May 07, 2010
. . .continuing to address the OP

Tonye-t:
- Are the antis really telling the truth about giving?
What we are against is WOF, the prosperity gospel and its twisting of God's grace to make the sacrifice of Jesus of no effect. Against that we stand and will not yield nor give any quarter.
Gal 2:16  yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Tonye-t:
- Are the antis really not biaised?
Yes. Biased for the words of Jesus.

Tonye-t:
- Are the antis really not sentimental?
Yes. Sentimental for the words of Jesus. Sentimental for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.

Tonye-t:
- Who really are the hypocrites: the pros or the antis?
Yeah. Name calling. Let's see what hypocrites usually tell God.
Luk 18:9-14  He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt:  (10)  "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.  (11)  The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.  (12)  I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.'  (13)  But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!'  (14)  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."
Hypocrites come to public forums and boast about giving tithes, forgetting this command:
Mat 6:1-4  "Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.  (2)  "Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.  (3)  But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,  (4)  so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
But other men cast themselves upon the mercy of the Sovereign Lord.
Others can judge who is the hypocrite between the pro-tithing and the antis.

Tonye-t:
- Who really is telling the truth and spreading the true gospel: the pros or the antis
See above response

Tonye-t:
- Who really is honoring God and the lessons of giving: the hypocrites or the doers?
See above response

. . .to be continued grin
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On May 07, 2010
Greater Damnation

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation." (Matthew 23:14)

Among the eight "woe's" in Matthew 23 is this awful condemnation on religious leaders for misusing their office and misleading their followers.  What they did was pretty serious, but the emphasis in the passage is on the "greater" result of their impact on many lives.  James certainly had this incident in mind when he said, "My brethren, be not many masters |teachers|, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation" (James 3:1).

Paul's second letter to Timothy listed a series of wicked attitudes that would characterize religious leaders in the last days, warning us about the prevalent conditions.  They would have a "form of godliness" but would deny "the power thereof." Those of us who love the Lord are told to "turn away" from them, "for of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Timothy 3:5-7).

The overriding principle is this: "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required" (Luke 12:48).  The Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus' day knew the Scriptures.  Therefore, their hypocritical and destructive behaviour received His harsh judgment.

Just so, all those who use their platform of leadership to distort truth and seek the praise of men (John 12:43)--whether in religious environs, in positions of political authority (as were the Pharisees and Sadducees), or merely the "masters" of academia--will reap "the righteous judgment of God" (Romans 2:5).

May the Lord give us the discernment to avoid "them which cause divisions and offences" (Romans 16:17). HMM III
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by ogajim(m): 12:01am On May 08, 2010
Olaadegbu, I sincerely hope you are engaged in legitimate business/work in the UK rather than peddle this kind of nonsense to other folks who are genuinely seeking the Salvation of Christ.

You are the same guy in another thread who thought Cumin was a means of exchange, I am waiting for you to tell me soon that Coriander or ginger can be exchanged too. No shame in your game one can clearly see. Remember what Jesus Christ taught us about giving and not what your so called mog preaches (if they don't align with the Bible, cease and desist).

We need to keep you folks in our prayers (Seriously)
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:38am On May 08, 2010
ogajim:

Olaadegbu, I sincerely hope you are engaged in legitimate business/work in the UK rather than peddle this kind of nonsense to other folks who are genuinely seeking the Salvation of Christ.

You are the same guy in another thread who thought Cumin was a means of exchange, I am waiting for you to tell me soon that Coriander or ginger can be exchanged too. No shame in your game one can clearly see. Remember what Jesus Christ taught us about giving and not what your so called mog preaches (if they don't align with the Bible, cease and desist).

We need to keep you folks in our prayers (Seriously)

@ogajim,

Don't worry about my business as I can assure you that the Lord is blessing me more than you can imagine, and I'm not a pastor and I pay my tax.  The British Govt unlike you and your folks recognises tithes and adds a good sum to the church's coffers on behalf of those who pay tithes and offerings.  I hope you don't have problems paying your tax since you struggle against paying your tribute to God?  Threads like these reveal those who are tax evaders. 

You made an accusation that I said cumin is a means of exchange, can you post the link for us to see and prove that you are not a child of the accuser of the brethren? or you hold your peace if you have any, and by the way, who is your mentor?
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Enigma(m): 11:18am On May 08, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The British Govt unlike you and your folks recognises tithes and adds a good sum to the church's coffers on behalf of those who pay tithes and offerings. 

This is an untruth (and I am choosing to be kind with my words)! The reference is to a scheme called Gift Aid which applies to all charitable giving ------ even to Moslems. So we can say the British goernment recognises zakat.

The kind of untruth above pervades and runs through the doctrine of all these tithe-mongers as exemplified by various false use of scripture on this very thread!
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2010
Enigma:

This is an untruth (and I am choosing to be kind with my words)! The reference is to a scheme called Gift Aid which applies to all charitable giving ------ even to Moslems. So we can say the British goernment recognises zakat.

The kind of untruth above pervades and runs through the doctrine of all these tithe-mongers as exemplified by various false use of scripture on this very thread!

Does tithes and offering not qualify as Gift aid?  Even muslims see more sense than spiritual rebels who stubbornly dig their heels in when it comes to giving.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28pm On May 08, 2010
Double Damnation

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves." (Matthew 23:15)

Among the eight "woe's" in Matthew 23 is this frightening possibility that false teaching will produce double wickedness--a multiplying effect that redounds to terrible consequences.  Jesus said that these self-righteous and hate-filled Pharisees were of the devil (John 8:44) and were so intent on resisting the truth that they were ready to kill if they could silence the message of liberty.  Paul condemned Elymas the sorcerer as "full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness" (Acts 13:10).

During a great revival in Iconium, "the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren" (Acts 14:2).  And they were not content with that.  When Paul and his fellow helpers fled to Lystra, the God-hating group from Iconium followed them to Lystra and "persuaded the people, and having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city" (Acts 14:19).

Make no mistake about this issue; those who hate truth and God will turn their hate against the people of God.  "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you . . . because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. . . . If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also" (John 15:18-20).

The rising atheistic and secular favour has given boldness to the enemies of truth.  May God grant us boldness to speak His Word (Acts 4:29) amidst "many adversaries" (1 Corinthians 16:9). HMM III
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Zikkyy(m): 1:50pm On May 08, 2010
'master' olaadegbu, if you believe your position is the truth why not defend, instead of spreading baseless accusations.

OLAADEGBU:

I hope you don't have problems paying your tax since you struggle against paying your tribute to God

I'll repeat one more time, its either you dont read or you have problem intrepeting what you read. Maybe you post out of frustration. Nobody is against paying tribute to God or giving to God, this is simpe enough for you to understand. All you need to do is provide evidence that God requested a compulsory tributeof 10% of our earnings be paid to the pastor. Thats all.
Re: The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! by Zikkyy(m): 2:13pm On May 08, 2010
Tonye-t:

[color=#000099]And how exactly do they manipulate these scriptures? pls answer me. Its very obvious now i can tag you as member of the band of dilly-dallies.

Tonye-t, as usual, you try to be smart by posting some truths you know everyone agrees with then you insert a lie hoping no one sees it. You dont get away with such around here. We will continue to expose your posts for what they really are - LIES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Baba God Says There Is Somebody That Will Be Overtaken - Pastor Adeboye / Religulous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.