Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

$1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide (690 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Leah Sharibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by Lawrencejr73: 10:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
I will greatly recommend a $1 donation for Leah Sharibu which would later be handed to the Federal Government of Nigeria since they are Chief Negotiators with Boko Haram terrorists by all Christian bodies instead of wallowing in prayers to no avail.
We have to fight for our own, Leah did what most religious men and women of God cannot do.

This is our own little contribution for a priceless life of a young girl. She has indeed changed the face of Christianity in Nigeria.

Please someone should start something to help us release a true believer in the hands of the enemy.
Tag me cause I have decided to be a part of the pledge.
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by eTECTIVe(m): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2018
What exactly is d donation supposed to do? Pay for her ransom or what exactly?
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by shobroy10(m): 11:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
Financial enrich the terrorist or Yahoo Yahoo wc of the 2

2 Likes

Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by MizMyColi(f): 12:48am On Mar 24, 2018
This does not make sense, imo.

The FG will chop your money and clean mouth.

If just a few, just a few, rise up in sincere prayers and wishes for her, they will decree a thing concerning her and it shall come to pass.

They can make angelic invocations and the rest will be history.

Instead of giving this untrustworthy FG money, save it and let it be used to build her future.

2 Likes

Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 24, 2018
shobroy10:
Financial enrich the terrorist or Yahoo Yahoo wc of the 2
Awon science student looking for donations to fund his research
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by CuteMadridista: 6:53am On Mar 24, 2018
MizMyColi:
This does not make sense, imo.

The FG will chop your money and clean mouth.

If just a few, just a few, rise up in sincere prayers and wishes for her, they will decree a thing concerning her and it shall come to pass.

They can make angelic invocations and the rest will be history.

Instead of giving this untrustworthy FG money, save it and let it be used to build her future.

I find this line of thought bizarre

This post assumes "A few" hasn't risen up in sincere prayers and wishes for the kidnapped girl and they haven't made "angelic invocations" for her sake.You think our Christians haven't done that and aren't doing that already? I may not have witnessed people doing this but it would be extreme level of pessimism to think it hasn't and it isn't happening

when we realise prayers never really does anything to us as a society and only appears to have worked due to placebo or our brain being influenced by confirmation bias, Then we'd rise up as a nation with the knowledge that no imaginary friend would do anything to help us, we are the ones to help ourselves out of any predicament. Nothing backs up the notion that prayers work, religious people face roughly the same rate of predicaments as everyone else. dies at roughly the same rate as those of other religions or irreligious

I totally disagree with OP and I think OP, while good intentioned, could only have come from someone who is ignorant of the Nigeria government but yours isn't much better either

2 Likes

Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by MizMyColi(f): 7:12am On Mar 24, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I find this line of thought bizarre

This post assumes "A few" hasn't risen up in sincere prayers and wishes for the kidnapped girl and they haven't made "angelic invocations" for her sake.You think our Christians haven't done that and aren't doing that already? I may not have witnessed people doing this but it would be extreme level of pessimism to think it hasn't and it isn't happening

when we realise prayers never really does anything to us as a society and only appears to have worked due to placebo or our brain being influenced by confirmation bias, Then we'd rise up as a nation with the knowledge that no imaginary friend would do anything to help us, we are the ones to help ourselves out of any predicament. Nothing backs up the notion that prayers work, religious people face roughly the same rate of predicaments as everyone else. dies at roughly the same rate as those of other religions or irreligious

I totally disagree with OP and I think OP, while good intentioned, could only have come from someone who is ignorant of the Nigeria government but yours isn't much better either

Helloooo,

It is not about being religious. It is about applying something that I strongly believe works for me.
I am a strong proponent of the power of the mind.

I believe in the power of conscious thinking that produces desirable outcomes.

You are entitled to your opinion, nonetheless.
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by CuteMadridista: 7:37am On Mar 24, 2018
MizMyColi:

Helloooo,

It is not about being religious. It is about applying something that I strongly believe works for me.
I am a strong proponent of the power of the mind.

I believe in the power of conscious thinking that produces desirable outcomes.

You are entitled to your opinion, nonetheless.

Fair enough but I'm not pessimistic enough to think no Christian has prayed, made angelic invocations and decree on the girl's situation

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by MizMyColi(f): 8:05am On Mar 24, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Fair enough but I'm not pessimistic enough to think no Christian has prayed, made angelic invocations and decree on the girl's situation

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer

Christians might have prayed, but I am not sure that it is a sincere, heartfelt prayer in LOVE.
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by CuteMadridista: 8:09am On Mar 24, 2018
MizMyColi:

Christians might have prayed, but I am not sure that it is a sincere, heartfelt prayer in LOVE.
I believe most Christians in the northern part of Nigeria where the incident hits more close to home would've prayed and a good number of those prayers must've been done in a loving, sincere and heartfelt way.

2 Likes

Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by MizMyColi(f): 8:17am On Mar 24, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I believe most Christians in the northern part of Nigeria where the incident hits more close to home would've prayed and a good number of those prayers must've been done in a loving, sincere and heartfelt way.

it is a belief, we are both not sure.
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by CuteMadridista: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2018
MizMyColi:

it is a belief, we are both not sure.

what about the family of the girl? are you saying they haven't too? if she were your family member won't you give a loving, sincere and heartfelt prayer? of course we can't really KNOW but we can put ourselves in the shoes of the Christians around her and think about how we would've reacted and make a conclusion based on that

2 Likes

Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by MizMyColi(f): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2018
CuteMadridista:

what about the family of the girl? are you saying they haven't too? if she were your family member won't you give a loving, sincere and heartfelt prayer? of course we can't really KNOW but we can put ourselves in the shoes of the Christians around her and think about how we would've reacted and make a conclusion based on that

The girl's family is different.
They are one entity, they need an exogenus force to join hearts and minds with them.

We can put ourselves, but we didn't. So we are not in their shoes, so we can't really know.

That's why I said IF. If they have done that, it is all well and good as it is in the best hands possible, otherwise, they still can.

That was the essence of the word IF in my essence.
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by Rich4god(m): 11:13am On Mar 24, 2018
@MizMyColi... No vex, but your argument here no hold water at all.
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by MizMyColi(f): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
Rich4god:
@MizMyColi... No vex, but your argument here no hold water at all.

Your opinion.
Re: $1 Donation to free Leah Sharibu by Christians worldwide by sulasa07(m): 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2018
This is it,the only thing they know is all about money.

(1) (Reply)

How Britain Gave Africa Fake Christianity - Prophet M.K.O Tibetan / Help?! God No Longer Answers My Prayers. / The Owner Of Nairaland Is Strongly Against Christianity And The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.