Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison (2096 Views)

iPhone 11 Pro Vs iPhone 8 Plus Comparison!!! / Tecno Camon X Vs Tecno Camon CX : Comparison / Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus Price Leaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison by princechrming(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hello tech savvy people. Lets do a fast comparison between the two latest flagships of the two highest selling phone companies in the world; Apple and Samsung.

For Apple it's: iPhone X
For Samsung it's: Galaxy S9 (Plus)

COMPARISON:

Display quality:
Galaxy S9-1440 x 2960 pixels
Apple X- 1125 x 2436 pixels

Camera:
Galaxy S9- 12mp back/ 8mp front
Apple X- 12mp back/ 7mp front

Battery:
Galaxy S9- 3500mAh
Apple X- 2716mAh

CPU speed:
Galaxy S9- 2.7 GHz x 4 cores
Apple X- 2.3 GHz x 2 cores

RAM:
Galaxy S9- 6GB
Apple X- 3GB

Water proof range:
Galaxy S9- 1.5 meter depth
Apple X- 1.0 meter depth

3.55mm headphone Jack:
Galaxy S9- Yes
Apple X- None

Internal storage (ROM) highest:
Galaxy S9- 256GB
Apple X- 256GB

So looking at this, based on functionality and specs which stands out more? Clearly Samsung is the boss here, the only reason I can state why iPhone users especially here in Nigeria buy iPhones is to keep up with the façade that rich people use iPhones. Some folks even empty their little savings just to get it and "feel among."

Please iPhone users, do you guys have any other FACTS to justify why you buy an iPhone over a Samsung?

In my opinion Samsung phones should be way more expensive, but I get it that Apple was successful in including iPhone into the American dream philosophy and hence why the Americans buy it over other brands, but here in Nigeria, please apart from the rich façade iPhone supposedly comes with, what specs/functions of the iphone is so stunning over other brands that make iPhone users spend more money to acquire the device.

Let the discourse begin!
Re: Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison by bamdly(m): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
my bro even camon cm is better than that crap called eye fone
Re: Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison by princechrming(m): 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
bamdly:
my bro even camon cm is better than that crap called eye fone

grin Bro please let's not go there, you know a Camon CM can't be compared to an iPhone in general specs. Maybe I would say in price fairness you enjoy more with a Camon CM.

But I have seen someone with an iphone 7 plus of over 170,000k getting shocked how a 55k Camon CX camera beat his phone in terms of picture quality, I saw the pictures myself.

Note, I'm not comparing a Camon CX generally to an iPhone 7 plus though, just the picture quality which I saw, even the IPhone 7 plus user confirmed the Camon CX Picture superiority.

Back to the matter at hand, the comparison is between Galaxy S9 Plus and iPhone X. So lets roll on that.
Re: Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison by oluwayoungzi(m): 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
by far Samsung is better than iPhone but for Nigerians especially middle class and below, Samsung is expensive to maintain and too delicate. for example if d screen got broken, money for repair is enough for new phone.

1 Like

Re: Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison by bamdly(m): 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
princechrming:

grin Bro please let's not go there, you know a Camon CM can't be compared to an iPhone in general specs. Maybe I would say in price fairness you enjoy more with a Camon CM.

But I have seen someone with an iphone 7 plus of over 170,000k getting shocked how a 55k Camon CX camera beat his phone in terms of picture quality, I saw the pictures myself.

Note, I'm not comparing a Camon CX generally to an iPhone 7 plus though, just the picture quality which I saw, even the IPhone 7 plus user confirmed the Camon CX Picture superiority.

Back to the matter at hand, the comparison is between Galaxy S9 Plus and iPhone X. So lets roll on that.
S9 bro cause all the features are to die For i swear as for iphone X Na only celeb make that phone valuable or else the fone go dey compete with the likes of Bontel and Co
Re: Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison by princechrming(m): 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
oluwayoungzi:
by far Samsung is better than iPhone but for Nigerians especially middle class and below, Samsung is expensive to maintain and too delicate. for example if d screen got broken, money for repair is enough for new phone.

You are correct about the Samsung screen issue, both that's when you break it and such doesn't happen with careful handling. Every phone has its demerits if a particular function or part gets damaged.

But for this particular discourse we are making a comparison between S9 plus and iPhone X, and I take it your first statement does justice to your take on the matter.
Re: Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison by princechrming(m): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2018
bamdly:

S9 bro cause all the features are to die For i swear as for iphone X Na only celeb make that phone valuable or else the fone go dey compete with the likes of Bontel and Co

grin

S9 Plus is a boss compared to iphone X
Re: Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison by nellydc(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2018
Got myself one already. Truely the best phone around for now.... camera got me feeling like clearance peter.

Re: Apple Iphone X Vs Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Comparison by princechrming(m): 11:46am On Mar 25, 2018
nellydc:
Got myself one already. Truely the best phone around for now.... camera got me feeling like clearance peter.

This is a beauty to behold! Enjoy your beast of a device.

Yeah, its camera stands out among all top 4 cameras as reviewed by Android Authority.

Check here: https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-camera-comparison-847145/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Personal Review: Itel A32F Is An Inexpensive Android Go Smartphone With The E / The Best MTN Plan / How To Activate Airtel 5GB For 1500, 3GB For 1000, 1.5GB For 500 And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.