Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG (15198 Views)

Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? / 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars / 5 Annoying Things Nigerian Drivers Do With Their Car Horn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Ceenacks(m): 11:34pm On Mar 24, 2018
just these ba?
hmm Lagos might hv been getting sane then..
Check my state. They will overtake you in a furious frenzy only to pull over in ur front. Destination. We are all guilty
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by piagetskinner(m): 11:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
that number two. ...I've been in such situations a couple of times....

one idiot will be driving slowly in front of me as if he's carrying 100 crates of eggs,, and then I become tired of his sluggishness and try to overtake, the idiot will now begin to speed up...

I'm now like; are u mad..is ur brain paining you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Vince77(m): 12:17am On Mar 25, 2018
It happens everywhere not only Lagos
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 25, 2018
AutoReportNG2:
Lagos, the commercial capital of Nigeria can best be described as a cosmopolitan city, its a place you meet different sorts of people ranging from the way they think, drink and drive. I was watching a clip from Lasisi Elenu where he complained of how a man stopped his car in the middle of the road to buy mango, yes, you heard that right and you wonder where are the LASTMA officials when you need them and why is it hard for people to be civil and obey simple instructions. These are some annoying Lagos drivers do on the road.

1. Stopping in the middle of the road to buy things or to greet
This has become a norm especially in places like Lagos Island, you hear them say "Ladugbo Mi" which means they are free to constitute a nuisance in their area or in places where they grow up. Greeting in the middle of the road is as rampant as you buying pure water. I have witnessed a scenario where a driver stopped in the middle of the road to buy a recharge card and the seller did not have change so he kept everyone waiting for almost 10mins until when the woman finally surface, what best can we call that? Omo adugbo!

2. Drivers being aggressive when you try to overtake them
Most times you wonder how some people reason and the rationale behind that. There are some people that are the slow drivers and when you try to overtake them or signal them to hurry up, they get aggressive to the point that they turn it into Formula 1 racing event. They refused to move and when you try to move, they either call you names or try to stop you, fear village people.

3. Horning at the traffic lights
This may sound funny or look like a psychological disorder but it happens. I have witnessed cases where drivers who are in hurry hurl at the traffic light and I used to ask, for what? Why will someone horn at something that was configured to work automatically, to hurry up or what? In Lagos, expect anything to happen.

4. Making calls while driving
Despite warning from the Federal Government, State and Local Government of the dangers of calls while driving, many drivers have not heeded this advice, in fact, it is getting worse by the day. The rate at which people make phone calls on the steering is getting alarming as even the so-called elites, educated folks are not left out. At times you wonder how these drivers drive with one hand and use the other to make calls. Even if you are a professional driver, you can't be too good with just a hand.

5. Claiming Levels or forming VIP
Have you ever been with a stubborn driver before? I have seen quite a few that despite being wrong will be claiming right. You will hear words like I will get locked up, do you know who I am? I will jail you etc and this happens even when they are wrong, they find it difficult to apologize. This is one of the few encounters you see when you are driving especially when you hit their car or when they hit, instead of them to apologize, they start forming levels or threaten you.

6. The yellow cab drivers are something else
Set of the people to avoid when driving in Lagos apart from danfo are the yellow cab drivers popularly called kabu kabu, these men are something else. They drive as if you are their rivals, old men behaving like touts, if its possible to avoid them, avoid them as plague as they are always right on the road, if you try to complain, they will tell you the history of when Nigeria starts using cars, the first man to drive car in Nigeria and many more.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/annoying-things-lagos-drivers-do-on-road.html

Lagos drivers like to use one hand to drive and you'll think its swag? it's a lie.. The other hand is aon WAKA mode, Ready to giv u waka if u do anyhow

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Dantedasz(m): 5:35am On Mar 25, 2018
Come to Port Harcourt and see mad driving.
I don't think bad driving has anything to do with States or locality. The fact is that most Nigerians are bad and impatient drivers who don't obey traffic rules.
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:07am On Mar 25, 2018
The Nigerian transport situation is a gold mine, the government has left untapped in the hands of thugs and unprofessional people, like the useless police force, and the very useless federal road safety.

As far as we have touts running the show, we will have no head way.
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by steroid: 6:09am On Mar 25, 2018
There is a lot of disorders on our roads because even law enforcement agencies are the chief law breakers.

How do you explain a police vehicle following one way and still intimidating you that has right of way.

If there will be sanity on our roads, then it must begin from the top. If our leaders have high standards of decorum on the roads, irrespective of how many cars they have in their convoy, then the populace will follow suit.
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by tonigreen: 8:58am On Mar 25, 2018
airlord2020:
Everything is wrong about driving in Lagos. A whole lot of drivers are idiots. angry

So on point.......
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Bundaweber: 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pat081:
my brother we ve dem here in osun state too all dos small small blue bus in Osogbo dey re d madness in d mad man

oga we get them for Benin too, na for Benin na him u go dey here truck driver talk say "u nor go commot for road, I do jam person b4 o" like say him na gold medal na him win. or u go see one person go just dey drive like say him dey sleep but the moment u wan overtake am ehhnn, him go turn to lewis Hamilton, na all only for here driving school go dey train person for express road.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Bundaweber: 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
The Nigerian transport situation is a gold mine, the government has left untapped in the hands of thugs and unprofessional people, like the useless police force, and the very useless federal road safety.

As far as we have touts running the show, we will have no head way.

as in ehhnn. I personally know of a park chairman in Benin who built two super mansions, sent his children to study in us, bought a house in the same us upfront and sent the wife to live there. also another guy was given this their union for just less than a year hmmn let me just say that guy is stinkingly rich. its one of the reasons why they kill themselves over it.
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Bundaweber: 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
steroid:
There is a lot of disorders on our roads because even law enforcement agencies are the chief law breakers.

How do you explain a police vehicle following one way and still intimidating you that has right of way.

If there will be sanity on our roads, then it must begin from the top. If our leaders have high standards of decorum on the roads, irrespective of how many cars they have in their convoy, then the populace will follow suit.

let me just give you a simple example, in Benin government has banned motorcycles from urban centres for over 3 yrs now. Do you know that security men usually ignore this law. heaven help you if you try to correct them
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
Bundaweber:

as in ehhnn. I personally know of a park chairman in Benin who built two super mansions, sent his children to study in us, bought a house in the same us upfront and sent the wife to live there. also another guy was given this their union for just less than a year hmmn let me just say that guy is stinkingly rich. its one of the reasons why they kill themselves over it.

I wish they kill only themselves, but the innocents who die, due to their greed is heartbreaking.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Pat081: 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
Bundaweber:

oga we get them for Benin too, na for Benin na him u go dey here truck driver talk say "u nor go commot for road, I do jam person b4 o" like say him na gold medal na him win. or u go see one person go just dey drive like say him dey sleep but the moment u wan overtake am ehhnn, him go turn to lewis Hamilton, na all only for here driving school go dey train person for express road.
lol
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by maryamuwane: 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pat081:
my brother we ve dem here in osun state too all dos small small blue bus in Osogbo dey re d madness in d mad man
lol, I've lived in both places and I'm presently living in Lagos. trust me, your drivers are learning when it comes to Lagos. everyone is mad on the road, horning at traffic lights disgusts me the most
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Bluehill1051: 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
Reversing at a roundabout
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by iaatmguy(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
Switching lanes without trafficating
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by Bundaweber: 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
maryamuwane:

lol, I've lived in both places and I'm presently living in Lagos. trust me, your drivers are learning when it comes to Lagos. everyone is mad on the road, horning at traffic lights disgusts me the most

bros na horning u dey talk about, u Neva see were person go dey curse traffic light, im go even curse d people wey install am and even government join
Re: Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG by jayraster(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
kanubiafra:
IN SUMMARY LAGOS IS AN ANNOYING PLACE OR WHAT? I DON'T GET IT

Ooh jhyesss!!!!! It is

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Important Rules To Know When Driving At High Speed / Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market / Hyundai Motor Unveils Future Design Direction At Geneva Motor Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.