Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! (3441 Views)

Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene / Ex-gov Ladoja: New Ibadan Indigene Governors / Breaking News: Ogun State Indigene Reject Saraki, Ask Kwara To Keep Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by scoty2910: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
You are the largest city is Nigeria and West Africa and you have seen impressive infrastructural growth in recent years.

You are now more secure than ever.

You have seen received renewed road infrastructure which keeps experiencing interesting expansion till now.

You have attracted even more investments towards your pacesetting self of late.

Ditto the Industrial Park and Free Trade Zone

Ditto 5 Mega Malls - The Palms Mall, Cocoa Mall, Heritage mall, Ventura mall, and the Jericho Mall

Ditto 3 Startup Incubators - Wennovation Hub, iBridge hub and Alftech.

Ditto international retail and hospitality brands like Miniso Japan, Ibachi, etc.

Ditto 3 buzzing Cinemas - Filmhouse Dugbe, Filmhouse Samonda, and Viva Cinemas

Ditto an avalanche of 5-star hotels - Golden Tulip, Best Western, Calton Gate, etc.

The best and first higher institutions - University of Ibadan and the UCH.

Then, you got the first ever Technical University on board and running.

You are championing and e-Governance and automation drive that's being understudied by others

You've got the highest number of functional Research Institutions - IITA, NISER, NIHORT, IAR&T, FRIN, CRIN, NABDA, and NACGRAB

The lush and refurbished the Agodi Gardens.

A seriously growing and attractive Nightlife.

The influx of radio stations, telecom HQs and Public-Private Partnerships of different spans and effect.

You court and engage one of largest crop of upwardly mobile youths who are mostly involved in tech based summits you host.

Under this one named #TheBuilder, you are smoothly jetting urban, while also preserving your ancient beauty.

Ibadan, keep moving, keep rising.

#AsiwajuNiWa
#Ibadan
Photo Credit:Tolani Alli

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by BankeSmalls(f): 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
All I see in Ibadan is BROWN ROOFS grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by Eggcelent(m): 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
Beautiful

Ibadan, My Second Home

2 Likes

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by fantasticone1(m): 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
All I see is well maintained brown roofs, poor roads, poor people and a state with low IGR...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by Strikethem: 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
I am not from Ibadan though, but I know children of hate will be be here to show there hatred, pains and enviness toward the great city. Op, don't worry, keep showing them more pictures to make them envy the more. Keep it up.

13 Likes

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by Strikethem: 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
fantasticone1:
All I see is well maintained brown roofs, poor roads, poor people and a state with low IGR...

One spotted.

2 Likes

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by 4kDdullard: 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2018
It's shameful that one of the oldest cities in the country cld look like this after many decades.
Please stop shaming this country, we know that we are in a shithole.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by Lipscomb(m): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2018
Yeah you're right God bless bola Ahmed tinubu for given Ibadan a visionary leader like senator Ajibola Ajimonbi . its has been a while I gone to Ibadan but last year I was there I'm so excited with tremendous effort the Governor made to beautify the state.most especially the road networking.

4 Likes

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by Lipscomb(m): 6:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
undecided you're from which state You should have do yourself a favour by keep your gutter mouth shut.
fantasticone1:

6 Likes

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by OkutaNla: 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
fantasticone1:

Did you see the list put up there? Can any state in your region match that? The only Cinema in Enugu state has shut down due to low patronage (Jason, IrokoTV boss himself said that, obviously he wasn't impressed)), while Ibadan city alone has 3 cinemas as well as top malls, with more coming up. Poor roads you say, cheesy This coming from the region that cries marginalization on account of the deplorable roads that traverse the state, home to the very worst roads in the country. The latest IGR data from 2017 is out and no single SE state raised more IGR than Oyo state, not one. Obviously, these 'poor people' are doing way better than all your SE states. undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
scoty2910:
You are the largest city is Nigeria and West Africa and you have seen impressive infrastructural growth in recent years.

You have seen received renewed road infrastructure which keeps experiencing interesting expansion till now.

Ditto 5 Mega Malls - The Palms Mall, Cocoa Mall, Heritage mall, Ventura mall, and the Jericho Mall

Ditto international retail and hospitality brands like Miniso Japan, Ibachi, etc.

Ditto an avalanche of 5-star hotels - Golden Tulip, Best Western, Calton Gate, etc.

You are championing and e-Governance and automation drive that's being understudied by others

You've got the highest number of functional Research Institutions - IITA, NISER, NIHORT, IAR&T, FRIN, CRIN, NABDA, and NACGRAB

The influx of radio stations, telecom HQs and Public-Private Partnerships of different spans and effect.

You court and engage one of largest crop of upwardly mobile youths who are mostly involved in tech based summits you host.

Under this one named #TheBuilder, you are smoothly jetting urban, while also preserving your ancient beauty.

#AsiwajuNiWa
#Ibadan
Nice cheesy cheesy

cc lzaa onyeoga strikethem

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by Femolacaster(m): 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2018
fantasticone1:

Omo irankiran!

2 Likes

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by LZAA: 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2018
imhotep:
Nice cheesy cheesy
cc lzaa onyeoga strikethem
u must laff in yoruba grin

3 Likes

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2018
LZAA:

u must laff in yoruba grin
i dey laugh kikikikikikiki grin grin

cc onyeoga strikethem

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by LZAA: 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
OkutaNla:

Did you see the list put up there? Can any state in your region match that? The only Cinema in Enugu state has shut down due to low patronage (Jason Njoku, IrokoTV boss himself said that, obviously he wasn't impressed)), while Ibadan city alone has 3 cinemas as well as top malls, with more coming up. Poor roads you say, cheesy This coming from the region that cries marginalization on account of the deplorable roads that traverse the state, home to the very worst roads in the country. The latest IGR data from 2017 is out and no single SE state raised more IGR than Oyo state, not one. Obviously, these 'poor people' are doing way better than all your SE states. undecided
the cinema is closed bcuz unlike yorubas ndigbo don't use their time to jukpa or faaji u dig?
ever heard of netflix?peeps subscribe for it pal

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by LZAA: 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
imhotep:
i dey laugh kikikikikikiki grin grin
cc onyeoga strikethem
mission accomplished grin grin

1 Like

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by LZAA: 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2018
scoty2910:

#AsiwajuNiWa
#Ibadan
also in ibadan grin grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by AnambraDota: 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2018
OkutaNla:

Did you see the list put up there? Can any state in your region match that? The only Cinema in Enugu state has shut down due to low patronage (Jason, IrokoTV boss himself said that, obviously he wasn't impressed)), while Ibadan city alone has 3 cinemas as well as top malls, with more coming up. Poor roads you say, cheesy This coming from the region that cries marginalization on account of the deplorable roads that traverse the state, home to the very worst roads in the country. The latest IGR data from 2017 is out and no single SE state raised more IGR than Oyo state, not one. Obviously, these 'poor people' are doing way better than all your SE states. undecided

Elede, you are using cinema to gauge your success when the population of beggars alone at Jericho and Challenge is bigger than the population of Ghana and Gambia combined.
Those women waiting at big men house at molete I know they are still increasing in number.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by ZZ22: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
LZAA:
also in ibadan grin grin
Pls put graphics

5 Likes

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by OkutaNla: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
LZAA:

the cinema is closed bcuz unlike yorubas ndigbo don't use their time to jukpa or faaji u dig?
ever heard of netflix?peeps subscribe for it pal

Yinmu. Translation: Enugu folks are too broke (and crude) to afford little luxuries like going to the movies. This is something that is becoming so commonplace that even the likes of Kano, Uyo, etc take such luxuries for granted these days. I understand the state is a civil service state but apparently the middle-class in the entire state is so piss poor that they couldn't sustain the patronage of the only cinema in the entire state. And this is supposed to be the 'best' city the SE has to offer. I can feel Jason's pain. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by ZZ22: 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2018
scoty2910 pls continue. I want to see more of Ibadan
Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by LZAA: 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
OkutaNla:

Yinmu. Translation: Enugu folks are too broke (and crude) to afford little luxuries like going to the movies. This is something that is becoming so commonplace that even the likes of Kano, Uyo, etc take such luxuries for granted these days. I understand the state is a civil service state but apparently the middle-class in the entire state is so piss poor that they couldn't sustain the patronage of the only cinema in the entire state. And this is supposed to be the 'best' city the SE has to offer. I can feel Jason's pain. undecided
apparently u have never been to enugu
most nollywood films are shot there
a good number of actors either schooled there or are from there
Enugu poor?grin grin
take such luxuries for granted?in dis hard economygrin
look an igbo man calculates every penny he earns and makes sure all around him are comfortable before indulging in such frivolities as going to the cinema when a simple netflix sub or fileshare will do the job
oh and in the east we have owerri,awka,aba and abakaliki so we don't do best city as each one is unique and cherished by all easterners

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by OkutaNla: 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2018
AnambraDota:

Elede, you are using cinema to gauge your success when the population of beggars alone at Jericho and Challenge is bigger than the population of Ghana and Gambia combined.
Those women waiting at big men house at molete I know they are still increasing in number.

Dang it! This Obiano errand boy bittch a$$ nigga is so fvcking pained. Lol Omo, go and vent your frustrations at Jason o, not me. Talking about beggars, some were recently rounded up in your glorified Onitsha village, while Aba is also a well known den of beggers you hypocritical cuunt. Citing beggars (majorly from the North) that are found in the city won't bring back the Enugu Cinema that shut down o. I repeat that none of your states can match Ibadan on any front. You can go and hang for all I care.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by OkutaNla: 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
LZAA:

apparently u have never been to enugu
most nollywood films are shot there
a good number of actors either schooled there or are from there
Enugu poor?grin grin
take such luxuries for granted?in dis hard economygrin
look an igbo man calculates every penny he earns and makes sure all around him are comfortable before indulging in such frivolities as going to the cinema when a simple netflix sub or fileshare will do the job
oh and in the east we have owerri,awka,aba and abakaliki so we don't do best city as each one is unique and cherished by all easterners

Yinmu. Enugu folks are just too broke to maintain a cinema culture like many other cities across Nigeria are doing. No surprises here though, considering that stats show that the SE has the lowest purchasing power relative to other regions that don't make as much noise as y'all. undecided Sotay, even common recharge card dey hard una to buy compared to other regions. Smh.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by BankeSmalls(f): 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
LZAA:

also in ibadan grin grin

What happened to those houses? A brown paint thrown over the city from a low flying jet? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by LZAA: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
OkutaNla:

Yinmu. Enugu folks are just too broke to maintain a cinema culture like many other cities across Nigeria are doing. No surprises here though, considering that stats show that the SE has the lowest purchasing power relative to other states that don't make as much noise as y'all. undecided Sotay, even common recharge card dey hard una to buy compared to other regions. Smh.
looooolz ds n***a is high grin
lowest purchasing power yet spar just opened a new branch there
Roban(its not rubber o o ye afonja it's a supermarket is rolling in money there)
fine brothers have branches dia yet d purchasing power is poor and ndi enugu are poor?
if u see any bad road in enugu,just know it's federal road grin
now back to the topic hw can u go to cinema when u can watch movie from your lappy or console in the comfort of ur own home ffs.
phyno did a gig at nnamdi azikiwe stadium and the place was full to capacity yet u utter such crazy stat as low purchasing powergrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by LZAA: 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2018
BankeSmalls:

What happened to those houses? A brown paint thrown over the city from a low flying jet? grin
grin grin
too much hydraulic soup grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by OkutaNla: 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
LZAA:

now back to the topic hw can u go to cinema when u can watch movie from your lappy or console in the comfort of ur own home ffs.

Spoken like a true broke a$$ lowlife poverty-panelbeated flatron. Na only una get 'lappy and console'? Do you have better access to netflx or bootleg movies than Americans or even Lagosians? Don't Americans, Europeans, Asians, and even other Africans/Nigerians do as well?? In spite of that don't they still go to the cinemas? I have already busted why Cinema culture is practically nonexistent in your parts, na poverty and low purchasing power. The same reason y'all have to flee that hellhole via nightbus just so you can experience the good life here at the best (West) side. Those big stores you mentioned self go soon packup due to low patronage like the Cinema before them. Una can fit to chest-beat for Africa but all na wash.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by SouthEastFacts: 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2018
OkutaNla:

Never in your life compare that your rusty city to Enugu. Cure your ignorance with a well written article by your fellow Afonja https://www.nairaland.com/4401301/pride-east-coal-city

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by SamuelTurner(m): 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2018
You will only see the beautiful places in pictures....
Go to apata, adigbe, beere, molete and all those ghetto and you will know that there is God...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by OkutaNla: 8:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Never in your life compare that your rusty city to Enugu. Cure your ignorance with a well written article by your fellow Afonja https://www.nairaland.com/4401301/pride-east-coal-city

Dude, you and your fellows can continue hyping that shythole for all i care (who gives a fvck anyway? undecided as in, why should anyone care a flip about Enugu, what's in Enugu? What is it renowned for? Obudu fit carry me go Cross River but wetin I wan go find for Enugu?? Heck, I can't even enjoy a simple luxury as going to the Cinemas in Enugu (like Jason experienced), and you call that a city, in this day and age?? Nigga pleeze g the fvck outta here. Y'all should restrict all that hype to yourself abeg coz we ain't buying it.

6 Likes

Re: Every Proud Ibadan Indigene Must See This! by OkutaNla: 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
LZAA:

grin grin grin
[s]u really are high
and what is this "better access" biko
imax cinemas are shutting down due to improved CGIs so according to ur logic those ppl have low cinema culture
hope u know all around the world now ppl buy more music online than going to physical record stores
the mentality of an igbo person is very different to that of a yoruba person
u ppl throw parties for silly reasons ffs
as per those big stores closing up u will find out that the no of ppl going to roban and shoprite are more or less the same[/s]

Trash.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between APC And PDP Edo Presidential Rally(pics) / See How Residents Welcomed Ihedioha Back To His Hometown / Which Is A No Mans Land? Calabar,Lagos or Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.