Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. (48457 Views)

FG Can't Share Donated Funds To Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Ooni Charges Historians On Deeper Researches About Yoruba-igbo Family Ties / President Buhari Challenges Historians, Economists To Documen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by LaudableXX: 8:50am On Mar 25, 2018
Ikechuob:
Is it today you learned everything from Yoruba is a damn lie. Nigga I'm 26 years old and even I know to take everything from Afonja with a grain of salt. If you truly older than 40 and you're just learning this then brother I pity you. You woke up late. You should know by now that anything written by an Afonja throw that shit in a garbage until a non yoruba confirms what the Afonja wrote.

You are only 26? Now that explains why immaturity, juvenile drivel and shallow reasoning drip through a lot of your posts....

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by LaudableXX: 8:54am On Mar 25, 2018
omojesu202:
watch that your niece closely. you mighty need to take her to see a psychiatrist

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ikechuob: 8:57am On Mar 25, 2018
LaudableXX:

You are only 26? Now that explains why immaturity, juvenile drivel and shallow reasoning drip through a lot of your posts....

8 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by LaudableXX: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2018
Ikechuob:
Now, why are you giving yourself the finger? You just proved how accurate my statement was about you.

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ikechuob: 9:04am On Mar 25, 2018
LaudableXX:

Now, why are you giving yourself the finger? You just proved how accurate my statement was about you.

Go and join the rest of your tribalist savage brethren and stop disturbing my mentions. When I'm ready to address your stupidity, I'll call you. It's Sunday. I got better shit to do than deal with your unemployed coward delusional pedophilic ass. Go rape your sister like you're known for and f2k off my mention.

Lastly, once more

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by LaudableXX: 9:08am On Mar 25, 2018
Ikechuob:
I Ikechuob will Go and join the rest of my your tribalist savage brethren and stop disturbing your my mentions. When I'm ready to address your my stupidity, I'll call you. It's Sunday. I You got better shit to do than deal with your my unemployed coward delusional pedophilic ass. I Ikechuob will Go rape your my sister like you're I am known for and f2k off my mention.

Lastly, once more

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by kolaaderin: 9:31am On Mar 25, 2018
Silly ipob dick length measuring. Its called university college because its first major is medical study. UI have its first fully graduated medical doctors in the year 1960, the same year UNN has its pioneering freasher students as University and its first graduated students not until 1965 the same year UI graduated students in other field of studies and its Fifith set of fully qualified medical doctors.

I know Igbo are seriously demented against Yorubas, but you can't change history, we are the cradle of civilisation in this country.

I'm also waiting for the demented claim that NTA never started in IBADAN, they first broadcast in Enugu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by ayorinde217(m): 9:35am On Mar 25, 2018
dunkem21:

Today, we will rewrite history.. UNN is the first Nigerian University.

Agreed? cheesy
for your mind

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by christopher123(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2018
ariketalks:

University of Ibadan Started as Yaba College, Lagos
The University of Ibadan has her origins in Yaba College (now YabaTech), founded in 1932 in Yaba, Lagos. The Yaba College is the first tertiary educational institute in Nigeria. Yaba College was transferred to Ibadan in 1948. That was when it became the University College of Ibadan. This is the name some of our fathers and grandfathers still call the University of Ibadan till today.
So, when did we start calling the institution University of Ibadan and when was it moved to its own site.

In February 1948, London University allowed Ibadan its special relationship scheme. Arthur Creech Jones, then Secretary of State for the Colonies, and an influential member of Elliot Commission, cut the first sod at the permanent site of the University College on 17 November, 1948, which thereafter became the Foundation Day.

How does this translate to the university being founded in 1962? UI remains the premiere university in Nigeria, nothing you can do about it.

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Sctests: 9:40am On Mar 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:
You just woke of from the hypnotic powers of the Lagos-Ibadan propaganda machine, who, thanks to the Internet are loosing their grip on the cocktail of lies they keep serving to the Nigerian populace. grin

Lmao!
The biggest revolution against SW revisionism is the internet. It's a pity my SW friends have lied their way to discredibility for donkey years.

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by kolaaderin: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2018
Sctests:

Lmao!
The biggest revolution against SW revisionism is the internet. It's a pity my SW friends have lied their way to discredibility for donkey years.

Silly ipob dick length measuring. Its called university college because its first major is medical study. UI have its first fully graduated medical doctors in the year 1960, the same year UNN has its pioneering freasher students as University and its first graduated students not until 1965 the same year UI graduated students in other field of studies and its Fifith set of fully qualified medical doctors.

I know Igbo are seriously demented against Yorubas, but you can't change history, we are the cradle of civilisation in this country.

I'm also waiting for the demented claim that NTA never started in IBADAN, they first broadcast in Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Chai. you are so helpless that your lies are being busted. List of SW lies that have been busted on nairaland

yorubas are most educated in nigeria = Busted lie (all statistics show SE is first and SS is second, leading SW)
sw is most developed in nigeria = Busted lie (except lagos, all SW is crap- osun, ibadan, ogbomosho, okitipupa, ekiti, ilorin, etc)
yorubas are most sophisticated = Busted lie (sophisticated/educated people voted a previously known bigoted illiterate in 2015 as presido)
yorubas leading the professions = busted lie ( anambra has the highest SAN's, Imo has highest Profs, Anambra has highest Entrepreneurs, etc)
Yorubas are first to get western education = Busted lie (Equiano Olaudah is proof)
Yorubas have many firsts = Busted lie (Igbos have more firsts than yorubas)

And many more.
You said all these lies that has no prove just to show ur supremacy over Yoruba people.
We r working on kicking you hateful pigs out of all our lands Kogi, kwara, Lagos is not exempted.

Igbo doesn't best Yoruba in anything I swear in anything.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by kolaaderin: 9:52am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Yaba college was not a university, nor did it award degrees.
Federal school of surveying was not a university, it did not award degrees.
University college Ibadan was not a university, it did not award degrees.
UNN is the first university in Nigeria. Its name says that.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Sorry. This thread says UNN is the first uni in Nigeria. I don't care about instititions in SW, I care about Universities. And please don't lie here, those so called institutions did NOT award degrees independently unless you submit a proof.

Am not igbo, but the igbos had doctors and profs even though the SE did not have those institutions. Anyway UNN is first nigeria uni.
Most Igbo people that achieved success that you mentioned all came from Yoruba land, most of them speak Yoruba than me.
Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, the founder of UNN. speaks Yoruba language than myself.

if I will ask you a question, mention five Igbo people that achieved their success without the help of Yoruba people.
You will keep mute.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by jhubril(m): 10:15am On Mar 25, 2018
Truth OUT!

I'm Yoruba and I want to keep a straight face in admitting that UNN is the very first indigenous degree-awarding university on our soil.

From Wikipedia:

The university was fully autonomous, with the power to grant its own degrees. Technically speaking, therefore, it became the first fully-fledged university in Nigeria, since Ibadan was still at that time a university college granting London degrees. It also became the first university established by a Nigerian Regional Government. The University College Ibadan , the oldest university institution, cut its umbilical cord with London in October 1962, becoming the University of Ibadan . In July 1965, it turned out the first graduates holding Ibadan (rather than London) degrees, by which time Nsukka had produced two crops of graduates and taken all the publicity for turning out the first graduates of an autonomous Nigerian university. [7]

8 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Cooly100: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2018
kolaaderin:

No shift goal post using NTA. Keep your eyes on the topic...Una wururu, jebiti, cunny, lies, treachery and deceit...no start today...

If UI was the first, why not call it University of Nigeria?

Simple sense would have told you why?

6 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 11:00am On Mar 25, 2018
dunkem21:

Like I said, I don't involve myself in issues concerning Igbos and Yorubas..

Some other people will be glad to take you on that wink
Thought you ate beating chest before na grin, are you running from the little task?
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by dunkem21(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2018
Strikethem:
Thought you ate beating chest before na grin, are you running from the little task?

Sharap dia cheesy I know it's painful watching an age long lies busted tongue

Call UNN again make I pounce on you cheesy

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by mandarin: 11:40am On Mar 25, 2018
All these arguments call to question the quality of graduates Nigerian universities are producing if truly the op is a professional engineer as he stated. Really I will like to know from which school he graduated.
Having been on some interview panels, I've said it before on this forum that the East can only boast of relatively few universities with good products and I think I mentioned UNN, FUTO and Fed Univ of Agric Umudike.
I think there's a quiet contest of who will have the highest number of graduates without recur to quality and that in itself is another aberration to our development. Am an advocate of good and quality education but measurements with ethnic colouration won't help.
The question now is a man born in 1948 and another born in 1960 which is older? The truth remains that UI or UCI was awarding university degrees and the name couldn't have been Nigeria because there was simply no Nigeria until 1960. Powered by the quality of University if London and for Nigerians (later so called)
Most of Nigerian elites were graduates of that school and it remains one of the best in this country incomparable to any in the East or North( I do not mean to beat any ethnic gong).
Let's put ethnicity aside, you cannot compare in history or quality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by kolaaderin: 11:44am On Mar 25, 2018
Cooly100:

No shift goal post using NTA. Keep your eyes on the topic...Una wururu, jebiti, cunny, lies, treachery and deceit...no start today...

Read you no go read, the reason is already in details in the comment, is college of medical study a diploma awarding school. All the college of medical study in Nigeria, are they not where various medical students in Nigeria ends there study before becoming a doctor. U I delivered the first degree on this soil be it the certificate of cambridge. The joke is on you, the Question still remain is which of the this two is first university, which is still UI as they have already been graduating students 5 years ahead of UNN. Ui started with medical study and they never awards a diploma, all are full degree even though it's from Uk, the fifth set of doctors where graduated with the first set of other fields same year UNN graduates her first set of graduates

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ejanla07: 11:45am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Chai. you are so helpless that your lies are being busted. List of SW lies that have been busted on nairaland

yorubas are most educated in nigeria = Busted lie (all statistics show SE is first and SS is second, leading SW)
sw is most developed in nigeria = Busted lie (except lagos, all SW is crap- osun, ibadan, ogbomosho, okitipupa, ekiti, ilorin, etc)
yorubas are most sophisticated = Busted lie (sophisticated/educated people voted a previously known bigoted illiterate in 2015 as presido)
yorubas leading the professions = busted lie ( anambra has the highest SAN's, Imo has highest Profs, Anambra has highest Entrepreneurs, etc)
Yorubas are first to get western education = Busted lie (Equiano Olaudah is proof)
Yorubas have many firsts = Busted lie (Igbos have more firsts than yorubas)

And many more.

as a yoruba muslim wit cone head. dis conment is not good for my heart and ewedu head

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Obdk: 11:50am On Mar 25, 2018
Cinkq:

I beg you to check the history of UI before you continue with this arguement.
The history of the school says first medical students were fully admited before Nigeria got independent, and the first batch graduating in 1960, thesame year UNN became operational.
Fact is that, the school was alredy awarding degrees before UNN started recruiting students.
UI is the oldest and the best University in Nigeria.
u mean colleges award degree...

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Colleges award degrees and many other institutions award degrees for example

NDA
Lagos Business School
Nigerian Law School
and so many other "institutes" even issue post graduate degrees
NIPSS e.g
Some universities operate as

COLLEGIATE UNIVERSITIES go and find out what it means.

These days some Universities operate a College of Medicine under a Provost and not a Dean of Faculty.

There is a difference and a reason .

So the word College is nothing special

In the USA COLLEGE means University

Where did that come from?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Cooly100: 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
kolaaderin:

Read you no go read, the reason is already in details in the comment, is college of medical study a diploma awarding school. All the college of medical study in Nigeria, are they not where various medical students in Nigeria ends there study before becoming a doctor. U I delivered the first degree on this soil be it the certificate of cambridge. The joke is on you, the Question still remain is which of the this two is first university, which is still UI as they have already been graduating students 5 years ahead of UNN. Ui started with medical study and they never awards a diploma, all are full degree even though it's from Uk, the fifth set of doctors where graduated with the first set of other fields same year UNN graduates her first set of graduates

Why una no de straight foward...?

Digressing a bet...the ONLY think you guys believe Igbos are better than you is asking for their own country...

..but even at that some of your jebiti brothers can come here and tell you that the SW are even better than Igbos in that regard.

You guys never believe Igbo are better in anything, even when it is garing. Na whao...

You can't have everything...Just see how you bring rubbish about medical school to twist simple logic. Wetin concern me with that?

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ngokafor(f): 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
One thing i know about yorubas is that they are adept at twisting facts,re-writting history,out-right lies and manic propaganda.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by LaudableXX: 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ngokafor:
One thing i know about yorubas is that they are adept at twisting facts,re-writting history,out-right lies and manic propaganda.

Maka gini? shocked Na wetin Yoruba people take do you? It appears that special 'juju they cooked for their detractors, has finally taken root in your life. If you do not mention their name in one day, it appears you cannot make progress for that day. Otherwise, how can anyone explain this obsession you have with them? Ndo. Try and take it easy. Enyi, may you receive deliverance from the affliction that plagues your mind. If you were from my area now, I would know the right dibia that could be summoned to treat yah case.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Firstpage: 2:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

The first University in Nigeria was University College Ibadan

The first Nigerian University is University of Nigeria Nsukka

University of Ibadan was the second Nigerian University

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN was nonexistent when UNN was created and launched.

Nigeria was created by the British, but it wasn’t British. If they wanted Nigeria to be British, they would have entrenched the POLICY OF ASSIMILATION like the French did in neighboring nations.

A NIGERIAN SCHOOL is defined by ownership, administrative structure, qualifications and location.

An Islamic school controlled and administered by a foreign Islamic body with foreign Islamic qualifications issued from them but with structures built in Nigeria is a foreign school

An Islamic school controlled and administered by a Nigerian Islamic body with foreign Islamic qualifications issued by the school and with structures built in Nigeria is a Nigerian school

Likewise;

A University controlled and administered by a foreign university with foreign tertiary qualifications validated and issued from overseas but with structures built in Nigeria is a foreign University

A University controlled and administered by Nigerians with tertiary qualifications approved and issued from a Nigerian regulatory authority and with structures built in Nigeria is a Nigerian University

I'm just curious as to this your logic. If UI was foreign pre independence, and became indegenous after independence, wouldn't it automatically still be the first? Or was unn created before Oct 1960?

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
Firstpage:

I'm just curious as to this your logic. If UI was foreign pre independence, and became indegenous after independence, wouldn't it automatically still be the first? Or was unn created before Oct 1960?
That is Yibbo logic

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by OBAGADAFFI: 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
I am shocked some people don't know that King's College London is university.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Firstpage: 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cooly100:

Because there was no independent Nigeria then.
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Firstpage: 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
I am shocked some people don't know that King's College London is university.

Obdk:
u mean colleges award degree...
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ngokafor(f): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
LaudableXX:

Maka gini? shocked Na wetin Yoruba people take do you? It appears that special 'juju they cooked for their detractors, has finally taken root in your life. If you do not mention their name in one day, it appears you cannot make progress for that day. Otherwise, how can anyone explain this obsession you have with them? Ndo. Try and take it easy. Enyi, may you receive deliverance from the affliction that plagues your mind. If you were from my area now, I would know the right dibia that could be summoned to treat yah case.... undecided

..Laudate the attention-seeking,miidle-aged troll,always talking rubbish,your life makes no meaning till you quote someone on Nairaland..It shall never be well with who did this you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lifeless : Na Dem Dey Rush Buhari- BBC / "We've Blown Two Oil Pipelines In Bayelsa" - Niger Delta Avengers / Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.