Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. (48456 Views)

FG Can't Share Donated Funds To Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Ooni Charges Historians On Deeper Researches About Yoruba-igbo Family Ties / President Buhari Challenges Historians, Economists To Documen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by LaudableXX: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ngokafor:
..Laudate Ngokafor the attention-seeking,miidle-aged troll,always talking rubbish,your life makes no meaning till you quote someone on Nairaland..It shall never be well with who did this you Ngokafor.

The person called Laudate must have dealt with you badly. Accept my sympathy. But you need to look at my moniker rather well. It is quite different. Or are you trying to tell me that you do not know how to spell?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ngokafor(f): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
LaudableXX:

The person called Laudate must have dealt with you badly. Accept my sympathy. But you need to look at my moniker rather well. It is quite different. Or are you trying to tell me that you do not know how to spell?

Laudate get lost and quit constituting a major nuisance on peolple's mentions!..I dont know why an old man like you made it a career to shamelessly prowl around people's comment on Nairaland like a thief in the night..Please get lost!

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by LaudableXX: 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ngokafor:
Laudate Ngokafor get lost and quit constituting a major nuisance on peolple's mentions!.. Ngokafor I dont know why an old man like you made it a career shamelessly prowling around people's comment on Nairaland like a thief in the night..Please get lost!

Come, why do you keep calling out for this chap called Laudate? Is he your new boyfriend? Haven't you learnt how to be discreet yet? Are you so addicted to him, that you keep calling everyone you meet, by his name? Talk quick, so that everyone will know how to treat your case, o! For the last time, try to control yourself, okay?

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Cooly100: 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
Firstpage:

Because there was no independent Nigeria then.

So when there was Nigeria...Nigeria created its first university...which is the University of Nigeria Nsukka. smiley

Case closed!

You think say you dey do me, you dey do yourself..

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by kolaaderin: 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cooly100:

Why una no de straight foward...?

Digressing a bet...the ONLY think you guys believe Igbos are better than you is asking for their own country...

..but even at that some of your jebiti brothers can come here and tell you that the SW are even better than Igbos in that regard.

You guys never believe Igbo are better in anything, even when it is garing. Na whao...

You can't have everything...Just see how you bring rubbish about medical school to twist simple logic. Wetin concern me with that?

See reaction after been confronted with a superior and self explanatory comments. I respect the tribe as a whole and I do commend Igbo people as the true industrious tribe in this country, but the problem is they tends to have no limit in search of wealth. Soo hardworking but that tendency of switch business environment to crime scene lives in them naturally. If asked the cause of this ,I will say Igbo would have made a very proud region of the country if this country haven't messed us all up this way, but they dragging dicck length on some issues with Yoruba's is uncalled for, we might not be that good in petty businesses as most of your climes are into, we are still miles ahead of you in real money spinning business in this country. You can take your samples in all you know.

On this topic UI still remains the first like it or not. UNN is only the first to be started from scratch by Nigerian state. Because UI is not called university of Nigerian does not make it second to UNN.

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ritchiee: 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:
yorubas are most educated in nigeria = Busted lie (all statistics show SE is first and SS is second, leading SW)
sw is most developed in nigeria = Busted lie (except lagos, all SW is crap- osun, ibadan, ogbomosho, okitipupa, ekiti, ilorin, etc)
yorubas are most sophisticated = Busted lie (sophisticated/educated people voted a previously known bigoted illiterate in 2015 as presido)
yorubas leading the professions = busted lie ( anambra has the highest SAN's, Imo has highest Profs, Anambra has highest Entrepreneurs, etc)
Yorubas are first to get western education = Busted lie (Equiano Olaudah is proof)
Yorubas have many firsts = Busted lie (Igbos have more firsts than yorubas)
University of Ibadan is first uni in nigeria = Busted lie ( University of London is first uni in Nigeria and UNN is Nigeria's first uni.)

More lies will be busted as time goes on. My name is NuclearBomber. Good night.
If you do not understand,UI was the first affiliated University in Nigeria.Even Azikiwe and all your Profs never disputed it is the first University.It did the work of a University.UNN was the first indigenous University.All what you wrote up there are facts not lies.Here are some proofs:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Firstpage: 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cooly100:

So when there was Nigeria...Nigeria created its first university...which is the University of Nigeria Nsukka. smiley

Case closed!

UI is the "first University in Nigeria" we don't care if it was founded by the Chinese case closed.

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ritchiee: 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
And as for the most developed, Ibadan only dusts all Igbo states joined together and has bigger GDP than Anambra,your richest state.I know you,especially ,likes pix.Post any development in your 5 states that can stand these and I will believe you that you are even close to the development of SW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by deomelo: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cooly100:

Case closed!

According to Nigeria and history books, UI is the first university in Nigeria, not your unn village university.

The indigenous and UNN rubbish is what Igbos formulated to make themselves feel better regarding their cultural and communal low self-esteem issues.

What is unn today sef? A low-grade uni that's far behind UI and OAU in ratings.

Funny Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
I love Wikipedia

Anyone can go there and edit any entry.

What is interesting is that a record of every change is also visible. Just click on HISTORY

There you can see previous entries as well as changes made.

For some bizarre reason SEENAYDOO has been busy on the UNN entry since December making countless changes

??

I hopesomeone has the time to post a screenshot of all the changes

Why are you folk so desperate

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by ofai: 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
deomelo:

According to Nigeria and history books, UI is the first university in Nigeria, not your unn village university.

The indigenous and UNN rubbish is what Igbos formulated to make themselves feel better regarding their cultural and communal low self-esteem issues.

Funny Igbos.

We know it aches you badly that the university of NIGERIA, nsukka, is Nigeria's first indigenous and full fledged university. You can't change history.

University of Ibadan was born in 1962, before then, it was just a college being remote controlled by a foreign university.

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Cooly100: 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
deomelo:

Funny Igbos.

Which rating? Wetin una don produce there.

The past graduates are better known worldwide than the graduates of UI and Unilag put together...in different fields.

Now, when it is said that the first VC of those institutions were from SE, you guys will start to cry, blaming it on Zik.

When we say that we should go our ddifferent ways so we can compete effectively, una go say no...calling python dance...

What do you people really want?

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Cooly100: 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
Firstpage:

UI is the "first University in Nigeria" we don't care if it was founded by the Chinese case closed.

The first VC was from the great SE...and we don't care.

Case closed wink
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by deomelo: 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
[s]
ofai:

We know it aches you badly that the university of NIGERIA, nsukka, is Nigeria's first indigenous and full fledged university. You can't change history.

University of Ibadan was born in 1962, before then, it was just a college being remote controlled by a foreign university.
[/s]

Stop bothering me with your ignorant and ipob formulated nonsense about your village school.

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by deomelo: 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cooly100:

Which rating? Wetin una don produce there.

The past graduates are better known worldwide than the graduates of UI and Unilag put together...in different fields.

Now, when it is said that the first VC of those institutions were from SE, you guys will start to cry, blaming it on Zik.

When we say that we should go our ddifferent ways so we can compete effectively, una go say no...calling python dance...

What do you people really want?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6454589_addtextcommtazotiynje4ndu_jpege0de2c2168e41caa1ecc2b0f1e62fd5b

lmao.....Igbos and lies.. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by ofai: 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Stop bothering me with your ignorant and ipob formulated nonsense about your village school.

A "village school" that still produces some of the best brains on this earth... Jealous worm.

Lol smiley

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by deomelo: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
Best 1st, 2nd and 3rd universities are in the SW, even convenient, a private UNI in the SW is better than your village uni.

ipob losers

http://www.webometrics.info/en/africa/nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by ofai: 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
deomelo:

Best 1st, 2nd and 3rd universities are in the SW, even convenient, a private UNI in the SW is better than your village uni.

ipob losers

And you said you went to school

See what ewedu has done to your brain? Since when did webometrics become a standard for universities?

And what is it about being the first in webometrics that UNN not achieved before? cheesy
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Firstpage: 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cooly100:

The first VC was from the great SE...and we don't care.

Case closed wink

unfortunately for you, this thread is not about the first VC.

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ritchiee: 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
deomelo:

ipob losers

Even in African ranking,almost all SW universities are pooing on UNN...Igbos village University...but UNN is trying sha.

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Guestlander: 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
ofai:

University college Ibadan established in 1948 was the first university in Nigeria. I know iPods live in their own fantasy world. I wouldn't bother if your lies were posted only on biafra.com

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by ofai: 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
Guestlander:

University college Ibadan established in 1948 was the first university in Nigeria. I know iPods live in their own fantasy world. I wouldn't bother if your lies were posted only on biafra.com

Rant from now till thy kingdom come, UNN remains Nigeria's first indigenous and full fledged university.

Established in 1960 , while others (Ibadan included) was established in 1962.

Sorry eh....

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by oyatz(m): 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
Tribalism has eaten deep into some peoples fibres that education appears to have failed to help them.

Before 1960, Nigeria wasn't even owned by Nigerians and virtually every major milestone have to be established or enjoyed the support/approval of the Colonial master, especially in areas that may pose threats to their interests.

The University of Ibadan was a university before 1960 but not independent (like every other thing in Nigeria) and had to be affiliated to the University of London which regulated its intake, standards ,curriculum and even the courses being studied there. Courses like LAW and ENGINEERING which will make the colonized Nigerians aware of their rights and encourage technological advancement weren't offered before Oct-1,1960.

Even before that date, there was nothing like the Nigerian army (eventhough the N.A has been in existence long before 1960) and other paraphernalia of an independent Nation.

The Op should have asked why the UNN whose enabling law was actually passed in 1955 but didn't open till Oct, 1960?
Why didn't we start studying Law and Engineering in Nigeria before 1960?
Why didn't we have T.V stations until Awolowo established one on the twilight of independence?
Why was there no Nigerian armed forces before Oct,1960?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Guestlander: 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
ofai:

Rant from now till thy kingdom come, UNN remains Nigeria's first indigenous and full fledged university.

Established in 1960 , while others (Ibadan included) was established in 1962.

Sorry eh....

I know in ipobland it is quite possible that 1962 is older than 1948. After all, running to hide while women and children perish is also an act of bravery in ipobland. Selling gala on the highway while you own a Lekki mansion is also quite common in ipobland.
So, I agree with you sir. We are saying the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by ofai: 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
Guestlander:

I know in ipobland it is quite possible that 1962 is older than 1948. After all, running to hide while women and children perish is also an act of bravery in ipobland. Selling gala on the highway while you own a Lekki mansion is also quite common in ipobland.
So, I agree with you sir. We are saying the same thing.

Shift your goalpost for all we care

There is the University of NIGERIA, and then there are OTHERS (Ibadan, Lagos, ife, Zaria, etc)

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
My people, am glad that we have busted this UI first university lie. There is only one premier University of NIGERIA. Only ONE and it is in Nsukka.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by PFRB: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
kolaaderin:

Silly ipob dick length measuring. Its called university college because its first major is medical study. UI have its first fully graduated medical doctors in the year 1960, the same year UNN has its pioneering freasher students as University and its first graduated students not until 1965 the same year UI graduated students in other field of studies and its Fifith set of fully qualified medical doctors.

I know Igbo are seriously demented against Yorubas, but you can't change history, we are the cradle of civilisation in this country.

I'm also waiting for the demented claim that NTA never started in IBADAN, they first broadcast in Enugu.

There was no graduate of UI in 1960. I am surprised that people who claim to be educated are talking like this.

4 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by kolaaderin: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
PFRB:

There was no graduate of UI in 1960. I am surprised that people who claim to be educated are talking like this.

Research before replying me, I'm no push around man.
Here is your link and snapshot

https://www.ui.edu.ng/uihistory

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by vaxx: 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
op Do you know the meaning of university college?
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by ofai: 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
kolaaderin:

Research before replying me, I'm no push around man.
Here is your link and snapshot

https://www.ui.edu.ng/uihistory

Dude, he is correct. UI was not UI until 1962.

Prior to 1962, it was a degree awarding institution like some colleges of education, polytechnics and institutes are today.

YABATECH, KADUNA POLY, AUCHI POLY, SPIRITAN COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, etc are all Degree awarding institutions but not universities.
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by DerideGull(m): 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
The funny is that the lies perpetrated by the Yari.ba peeps have continued unabated. Everyday, the young Yari.ba people seemed to proliferate the falsehood bore by their forbears. From 1951 carpet-crossing, Fajuiyi sage in Ibadan to shooting war between Nigeria and Biafra, the Yari.ba peeps seemed to enjoy their lies. .

4 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Guestlander: 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
ofai:

Dude, he is correct. UI was not UI until 1962.

Prior to 1962, it was a degree awarding institution like some colleges of education, polytechnics and institutes are today.

YABATECH, KADUNA POLY, AUCHI POLY, SPIRITAN COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, etc are all Degree awarding institutions but not universities.

It was called the University College Ibadan from 1948.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lifeless : Na Dem Dey Rush Buhari- BBC / Governor Fayose At Muslim Faithfuls Eid Kabir Prayer (Photos) / Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.