Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. (48433 Views)

FG Can't Share Donated Funds To Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Ooni Charges Historians On Deeper Researches About Yoruba-igbo Family Ties / President Buhari Challenges Historians, Economists To Documen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2018
Strikethem:
And did you read well? But you said you are a professional engineer. Where did i say they were university. Don't you know different between instition and university? I tell you, south west already had 3 institutions before south get get one. Doctors, lawyers, engineers and many others have been produced in those schools before any institution in South East. The institutions are
The federal school of surveying founded in 1908
Yaba college of technology founded in 1932
University college Ibadan founded in 1947.
I didn't say they were university but those are the first 3 institutions in the country.
UNN was named a university before UI and it is just a space of less than 2years.

Sorry. This thread says UNN is the first uni in Nigeria. I don't care about instititions in SW, I care about Universities. And please don't lie here, those so called institutions did NOT award degrees independently unless you submit a proof.

Am not igbo, but the igbos had doctors and profs even though the SE did not have those institutions. Anyway UNN is first nigeria uni.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by flokii: 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
When did education get to the East?

How old is the UNN sef to start with? When the likes of YABATECH, UNI OF IFE (OAU) and co. have been in existence.

Nsukka my foot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Go away joor. Stop talking crap. Yaba college was university of ibadan, who are you telling crap. Even at that, when did a college become a university. A college is an advanced secondary school.
Jeez, and you said you are a professional engineer, which school produced you that made it difficult for you to read and understand. Where in my post did I say yaba college become a university. Someone said something and I tried to correct him and you just conclude I call yabatech a university. Read again, I said when fed govt wants to create fed university in akure, they picked that location. of which fed poly ado was already operating their. But was moved to ado ekiti in order for fed university to be sited in the same place. Read again sir.

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
flokii:

How old is the UNN sef to start with? When the likes of YABATECH, UNI OF IFE (OAU) and co. have been in existence.

Nnsuka my foot

Igbos were educated abroad even if there were no institutions in SE. Yabatech, OAU have been in existence as what? As colleges, advanced secondary schools that did not award degrees. Go and sleep abeg.

SW had institutions before SE and igbo profs led Yabatech and UI. Dont make me angry.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
flokii:

Nnsuka my foot
No, UNN is older than OAU.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by unohbethel(m): 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Chai. you are so helpless that your lies are being busted. List of SW lies that have been busted on nairaland

yorubas are most educated in nigeria = Busted lie (all statistics show SE is first and SS is second, leading SW)
sw is most developed in nigeria = Busted lie (except lagos, all SW is crap- osun, ibadan, ogbomosho, okitipupa, ekiti, ilorin, etc)
yorubas are most sophisticated = Busted lie (sophisticated/educated people voted a previously known bigoted illiterate in 2015 as presido)
yorubas leading the professions = busted lie ( anambra has the highest SAN's, Imo has highest Profs, Anambra has highest Entrepreneurs, etc)
Yorubas are first to get western education = Busted lie (Equiano Olaudah is proof)
Yorubas have many firsts = Busted lie (Igbos have more firsts than yorubas)

And many more.
jesus! as a yoromuslim, this comment is not good for my health..wich kyn busting is this?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by mandarin: 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
As a professional engineer you should understand the collegiate system that exist in British university system. If graduates of university of Ibadan were awarded a London/UK certificate and now you say it wasn't a university then what are you reconstructing it to become? Oxford university has many colleges and UCL was a university college and awarded it's graduates certificates.
I want to give you an assignment, just show me the photos of Enugu, Nsukka or even just anywhere in Nigeria in 1948 and tell the number of graduates from each ethnic group across Nigeria as at then.
Better go back to school to learn.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Igbos were educated abroad even if there were no institutions in SE. Yabatech, OAU have been in existence as what? As colleges, advanced secondary schools that did not award degrees. Go and sleep abeg.

SW had institutions before SE and igbo profs led Yabatech and UI. Dont make me angry.
Do you know that Yoruba get proffesorship in most but not all of the discipline in Nigeria
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
mandarin:
As a professional engineer you should understand the collegiate system that exist in British university system. If graduates of university of Ibadan were awarded a London/UK certificate and now you say it wasn't a university then what are you reconstructing it to become? Oxford university has many colleges and UCL was a university college and awarded it's graduates certificates.
I want to give you an assignment, just show me the photos of Enugu, Nsukka or even just anywhere in Nigeria in 1948 and tell the number of graduates from each ethnic group across Nigeria as at then.

UCI was an overseas class of University of London. It was not a Nigerian Uni. Sorry.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by unohbethel(m): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
Strikethem:
And did you read well? But you said you are a professional engineer. Where did i say they were university. Don't you know different between instition and university? I tell you, south west already had 3 institutions before south get get one. Doctors, lawyers, engineers and many others have been produced in those schools before any institution in South East. The institutions are
The federal school of surveying founded in 1908
Yaba college of technology founded in 1932
University college Ibadan founded in 1947.
I didn't say they were university but those are the first 3 institutions in the country.
UNN was named a university before UI and it is just a space of less than 2years.
in other words, unn is really the 1st university in nigeria not uni ibadan rite?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by unohbethel(m): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2018
mandarin:
common sense bro is not always common..question is wat is d first nigerian uni? and ur answer is?

9 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
unohbethel:
common sense bro is not always common..question is wat is d first nigerian uni? and ur answer is?

Don't mind them. They are helpless when caught. UI calls itself- Pioneer university, Premier university, number 1 university- and all sorts of names. Its all founded on decades of lies, its really sad. Nigeria is really sick as a nation. I was shocked yesterday when I stumbled on this info and the UNN seems not interested in challenging the decades of lies. Thank God for the internet.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Cinkq: 10:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:

UI was first founded as a offshore college of the University of London. Am not debating that. But UCI was not a fully fledged Uni. It was not run by Nigerians, not owned by Nigeria, could not award degrees, had no senate, no vice chancellor, etc. It was not a uni by all standards. Please accept the truth that while UCI was the first college, it was not the first uni.

I beg you to check the history of UI before you continue with this arguement.
The history of the school says first medical students were fully admited before Nigeria got independent, and the first batch graduating in 1960, thesame year UNN became operational.
Fact is that, the school was alredy awarding degrees before UNN started recruiting students.
UI is the oldest and the best University in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
Cinkq:

My previous post says UI was already awarding degrees for decades before UNN became operational, that's an exageration.
But i beg you to check the history of UI before you continue with this arguement.
The history of the school says first medical students were fully admited before Nigeria got independent, and the first batch graduating in 1960, thesame year UNN became operational.
Fact is that, the school was alredy awarding degrees before UNN started recruiting students.
No, engineer will not check. Beefing UI is what he is really after.
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
Cinkq:

My previous post says UI was already awarding degrees for decades before UNN became operational, that's an exageration.
But i beg you to check the history of UI before you continue with this arguement.

UCI was an offshore class of University of London. It was not a Nigerian uni. Sorry.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 10:29pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Don't mind them. They are helpless when caught. UI calls itself- Pioneer university, Premier university, number 1 university- and all sorts of names. Its all founded on decades of lies, its really sad. Nigeria is really sick as a nation. I was shocked yesterday when I stumbled on this info and the UNN seems not interested in challenging the decades of lies. Thank God for the internet.
Why won't she call herself pioneer when she has produced many graduate. Even when UNN was given a name university, what graduate did she produced before UI was named University.

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2018
unohbethel:
in other words, unn is really the 1st university in nigeria not uni ibadan rite?
UNN was given the name then, in less than 2years, UI was also given but UNN never had any graduate then. I know UNN was first university but not first institution.
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2018
Strikethem:
Why won't she call herself pioneer when she has produced many graduate. Even when UNN was given a name university, what graduate did she produced before UI was named University.

go back to school and learn english.

9 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2018
Strikethem:
UNN was given the name then, in less than 2years, UI was also given but UNN never had any graduate then. I know UNN was first university but not first institution.

Thanks for admitting UNN as first uni. But your first institutions in SW needed igbo vice chancellors.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by dunkem21(m): 10:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
My Alma mater, the great University of Nigeria is not interested in the challenge of lies..

We also busted the lies that UI has the highest professors in Nigeria..

We know we are the first and will be strategically releasing info on the media to exert our full authority..

THE DIGNITY OF MAN MUST BE RESTORED!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
For the avoidance of doubt, the University College Ibadan was actually a part of university of london. Its was one of the colleges of that uni. Thus the true rankings of both Unis is:

University of London, Ibadan = First (foreign) university in Nigeria.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka = First Nigerian university.
University of Ibadan, Ibadan = Second Nigerian university.

This is the TRUTH and is FIXED.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Thanks for admitting UNN as first uni. But your first institutions in SW needed igbo vice chancellors.
Igbo which azikwe used tribalism to appoint. Are you a learner. All of you keep shouting first rector of Yabatech is igboman and I have been asking you to give me the name if the igboman as you you are giving that of UI and UNILAG. And mind you, Yoruba produce the first professors in 70% of all disciplines in Nigeria. Both male and female professors While others share the remaining 30. Is it in law, medicine or engineering.

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 10:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:
For the avoidance of doubt, the University College Ibadan was actually a part of university of london. Its was of the colleges of that uni. Thus the true rankings of both Unis is:

So you know UN is the first university in Nigeria, though not the first Nigerian university. But the first university in Nigerian soil.
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by BankeSmalls(f): 10:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
dunkem21:
My Alma mater, the great University of Nigeria is not interested in the challenge of lies..

We also busted the lies that UI has the highest professors in Nigeria..

We know we are the first and will be strategically releasing info on the media to exert our full authority..

THE DIGNITY OF MAN MUST BE RESTORED!

"A UNN graduate is ahead of you NATURALLY"
This quote was written on a luxurious car that overtook me one day, I nearly cried grin
The driver or owner said the truth.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 24, 2018
Strikethem:
So you know UN is the first university in Nigeria, though not the first Nigerian university. But the first university in Nigerian soil.

Who is the one? the First university in Nigeria is the University of London. Or does Awolowo own the University of London. Go away joor.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:
For the avoidance of doubt, the University College Ibadan was actually a part of university of london. Its was one of the colleges of that uni. Thus the true rankings of both Unis is:

University of Ibadan, Ibadan = Second Nigerian university.

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Chai. you are so helpless that your lies are being busted. List of SW lies that have been busted on nairaland

yorubas are most educated in nigeria = Busted lie (all statistics show SE is first and SS is second, leading SW)
sw is most developed in nigeria = Busted lie (except lagos, all SW is crap- osun, ibadan, ogbomosho, okitipupa, ekiti, ilorin, etc)
yorubas are most sophisticated = Busted lie (sophisticated/educated people voted a previously known bigoted illiterate in 2015 as presido)
yorubas leading the professions = busted lie ( anambra has the highest SAN's, Imo has highest Profs, Anambra has highest Entrepreneurs, etc)
Yorubas are first to get western education = Busted lie (Equiano Olaudah is proof)
Yorubas have many firsts = Busted lie (Igbos have more firsts than yorubas)

And many more.

Another busted lie...

University of Ibadan is first uni in nigeria = Busted lie ( University of London is first uni in Nigeria and UNN is Nigeria's first uni.).

8 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Who is the one? the First university in Nigeria is the University of London. Or does Awolowo own the University of London. Go away joor.
So it is azikwe that own UNN right?

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Strikethem: 11:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Another busted lie...

University of Ibadan is first uni in nigeria = Busted lie ( University of London is first uni in Nigeria and UNN is Nigeria's first uni.).
Why are you now quoting yourself? grin
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
Strikethem:
So it is azikwe that own UNN right?

You are in trouble today... cry more.

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 24, 2018
Strikethem:
Why are you now quoting yourself? grin

I added another busted lie to the list. sorry.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by dunkem21(m): 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
BankeSmalls:

"A UNN graduate is ahead of you NATURALLY"
This quote was written on a luxurious car that overtook me one day, I nearly cried grin
The driver or owner said the truth.

grin Sorry dear .. cheesy

Just imagine; University of London, Ibadan cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fatima Ganduje Dancing & Singing Video Shared By Man. Nigerians React / Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) / NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.