Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market (13238 Views)

Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents / Protest In Sabon Gari Market, Kano, Over Demolition Of Roadside Shops (Video) / Traders Weep Over Demolition Of Festac Town Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by pedrilo: 8:01am On Mar 25, 2018
Prinxxdave:

the person wai dy shake your bottle, no get joy at all

u dy form rich person shey
cognitively delayed schmuck with abysmally low reasoning
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 25, 2018
blackpanda:

U dont even live in abuja and u are opening mouth to spew trash Mtscheew
Yes! i don't liive in Abuja, how can i? with people like you? grin
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by onatisi(m): 8:11am On Mar 25, 2018
linkers:
Abuja looks dirty under this man unlike before
seriously?
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by pedrilo: 8:11am On Mar 25, 2018
gypsey:
Good! i don't want to keep seeing poor, scruffy and dirty looking people and filt littered road when i am on my way from the Aiport, it's supposed to be an International Airport Road. not a local street market.
enjoy ur ecstasy in schadenfreude

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 25, 2018
pedrilo:
enjoy ur ecstasy in schadenfreude
thanks! grin i will!
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by onatisi(m): 8:14am On Mar 25, 2018
Nigeriadondie1:

undecided
I can authoritatively tell you that there are parts of the world where there are not poor people. Like polio it is possible to eradicate poverty completely thru good governance and equitable wealth distribution for all.
In the words of late reggae artist Joseph Hill ‘There is more than enough to satisfy everyman’s need but never enough to satisfy their greed’.
In Nigeria, it is possible to eradicate poverty if we stop the avoidable wastage in govt from the illegal and high salaries of your public office holders like the lawmakers who gulp 13.5 million, get constituency allowances which in d first place lawmakers have no business financing projects. That is the exclusive dury of the executive, the illegal security votes never accounted for by governors with inflated cabinets even at the federal level.
Nigeria is forever doomed beyond redemption.
You can only minimise or reduce poverty ,you can't erradicate it .there is no place under the sun where you won't find poor people,sometimes the actions of people themselves is the cause

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by pedrilo: 8:15am On Mar 25, 2018
gypsey:
thanks! grin i will!
you've really got to be some schmuck to fall for that one grin
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 25, 2018
pedrilo:
you've really got to be some schmuck to fall for that one grin
thanks! Anything else reasonable you want to add? grin
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by hollywater: 8:36am On Mar 25, 2018
Wetin concern me.
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by CharleyBright(m): 8:41am On Mar 25, 2018
So this elitist govt have decided to demolish Gosa market. This is one of the few markets where people go to buy items and foodstuff at cheap prices.
The question is why demolish the market if it give the masses succour in hard economy?
Government clamping down on the masses.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by blackpanda: 8:42am On Mar 25, 2018
gypsey:
Yes! i don't liive in Abuja, how can i? with people like you? grin

Then mind ya biz and stfu
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2018
blackpanda:

Then mind ya biz and stfu
Is this supposed to make sense? undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by fabienjoe: 8:44am On Mar 25, 2018
jnfoage:

Pls mention the countries that don't have poor people, that's the part I'm interested in. I am not interested in the lengthy sermon. Example, US that is not doomed, do they have poor people? If they do, are these poor people presented as the image of the country? Pls this is just what I'm interested in, leave the other sermon for another day.

If poverty is a word, it exists in all countries but poverty in Nigeria context, I mean absolute and dehumanising poverty, does not exist in many countries in Western Europe. The average poor in these countries enjoy good food, clothing and decent accomodation, job or no job. Government makes sure that is the case. Even prisoners there enjoy these. Their poor are well mannered and sometimes provided decent accommodation in the centre of cities, next to the rich. You can't tell the difference. You can never see the likes of the demolished Gosa market and gut wrenchingly poor dirty people eking out a living anywhere in western Europe. In case you need more clarity, I mean countries like the UK, France, Germany and so on.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by pedrilo: 8:55am On Mar 25, 2018
gypsey:
thanks! Anything else reasonable you want to add? grin

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 25, 2018
[quote author=pedrilo post=66135920][/quote] thanks! Anything else reasonable you would like to Add? grin
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 25, 2018
gypsey:
Good! i don't want to keep seeing poor, scruffy and dirty looking people and filt littered road when i am on my way from the Aiport, it's supposed to be an International Airport Road. not a local street market.

worst form of poverty is that of the mind, and you re full of it

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by chloride6: 9:06am On Mar 25, 2018
jnfoage:

Pls mention the countries that don't have poor people, that's the part I'm interested in. I am not interested in the lengthy sermon. Example, US that is not doomed, do they have poor people? If they do, are these poor people presented as the image of the country? Pls this is just what I'm interested in, leave the other sermon for another day.

Have you heard of Germany?
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 25, 2018
quentin06:

worst form of poverty is that of the mind, and you re full of it
is this supposed to make sense? undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by IdeyFindWife: 9:31am On Mar 25, 2018
kevoh:
If you stay in that lugbe, Kuje,ACO, airport e.t.c axis you will understand how important that market is to your pocket, both for the farmers and the average consumer in this Buhari's induced recession.

And advocates of government will come and tell us that just demolishing that market without any other remedial/ compensatory measures is the best thing ever.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Princessgrace(f): 9:33am On Mar 25, 2018
Nigeriadondie1:

undecided
I can authoritatively tell you that there are parts of the world where there are not poor people. Like polio it is possible to eradicate poverty completely thru good governance and equitable wealth distribution for all.
In the words of late reggae artist Joseph Hill ‘There is more than enough to satisfy everyman’s need but never enough to satisfy their greed’.
In Nigeria, it is possible to eradicate poverty if we stop the avoidable wastage in govt from the illegal and high salaries of your public office holders like the lawmakers who gulp 13.5 million, get constituency allowances which in d first place lawmakers have no business financing projects. That is the exclusive dury of the executive, the illegal security votes never accounted for by governors with inflated cabinets even at the federal level.
My dear the poor we will always have in our midst. You can't eradicate poverty completely.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Lifestone(m): 9:56am On Mar 25, 2018
Nigeriadondie1:

undecided
Haba
Name the country in the world you don't have poor people. USA has lots of homeless sleeping by the roadside. Even bible agreed that poor people will always be among us on earth.
I agree that we can make life better for our people.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by nuelyoyo(m): 9:59am On Mar 25, 2018
jnfoage:

poverty is relative as there are many measures of poverty. There are countries in the world where there are NO POOR PEOPLE (CITIZENS) BY THE NIGERIAN POVERTY STANDARD. Countries like Luxembourg and Denmark. the people referred to as poor in these countries live far better than the poor people in Nigeria. Nigeria, like many African, some Asian and south American countries have extreme poverty levels that are not present for citizens of many prosperous and developed countries. If you see extremely poor people by Nigerian standard in any highly developed countries like the ones mentioned above, then just know there are refugees or illegal immigrants.
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by nuelyoyo(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2018
fabienjoe:

If poverty is a word, it exists in all countries but poverty in Nigeria context, I mean absolute and dehumanising poverty, does not exist in many countries in Western Europe. The average poor in these countries enjoy good food, clothing and decent accomodation, job or no job. Government makes sure that is the case. Even prisoners there enjoy these. Their poor are well mannered and sometimes provided decent accommodation in the centre of cities, next to the rich. You can't tell the difference. You can never see the likes of the demolished Gosa market and gut wrenchingly poor dirty people eking out a living anywhere in western Europe. In case you need more clarity, I mean countries like the UK, France, Germany and so on.
Bros, thanks for this reply u gave. I didn't even know u responded before I replied him. Pls scroll and read my response to him. Cheers.
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Ttipsy(f): 10:12am On Mar 25, 2018
must they set on fire.
no law. they should demonstrate peacefully
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by desmond2pk: 10:17am On Mar 25, 2018
At least they can protest. Lagosians can't protest.
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by adecz: 10:29am On Mar 25, 2018
This govt is expert at compounding
problems for it's citizens,

but clueless on how to go about
solving any problem.

Tufiakwa!!! undecided undecided

Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by iksman2002(m): 11:03am On Mar 25, 2018
na wa for u oh u don't even regard ur fellow humans
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by oluwamitomisin: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2018
Who be this one?

gypsey:
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 25, 2018
oluwamitomisin:
Who be this one?

is this supposed to make sense?
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by Bomgirl(f): 11:57am On Mar 25, 2018
My Gosa o! sad sad cry cry cry
Where I wan buy cheap tomatoes?
Re: PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market by henryhemon(m): 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
ellalina:
That life saver market

But it's very close to the highway,it's too dangerous.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

China-Nigeria Shipping, Sea, Air, Express, For Those Who Import From China / PHCN Has A New Way Of Extorting Money From Prepaid Customers? / Banks Raise ATM Daily Withdrawal Limits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.