Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,102 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees (12004 Views)

Works Of Gov Wike:college Of Medical Sciences, RSU, Clinical Students’ Hostels. / Rt Hon. Nwifuru Offset Indigent Students' fees. / Anambra University/ COOU 100level And Clinical Students Resume School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by happney65: 8:20am On Mar 25, 2018
hmmmm
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by chloride6: 8:25am On Mar 25, 2018
jnfoage:

Truth. Education is neither free nor cheap anywhere in the world. We are used to free things in Nigeria. 12k for medical students, that is just too funny.

Education is free in a lot of countries. Why shouldn't education be free?
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by iphanyi10(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2018
those of you saying education isn't cheap, please be led.

Ui has the highest allocation after ABU, they admit the least number of students evry year.so where is shortage of funds coming from..

if other schools like OAU which does not receive as much as UI, can pay 3000 as hostel fee, i wonder why ui should collect up to 30,000 for hostel accomodation.

in the past, students pay very little or negligible amount of money for fees, and they are even fed everyday in school. dont tell me the govt cant afford it, cos that is a big lie.

the main goal of establishing govt owned institutions is to give both the poor and the rich equal chance at education. if you inflate this fees, then you deflate the hope of the poor who have a bright future.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by exdedon10(m): 8:43am On Mar 25, 2018
S3ttingz:
fellow nairalanders pls believe me on this

Am a student, and a already in my final year (HND II) , something happened and I lost my night security job, now my school portal closes this Friday.
Pls fellow nairalanders, I know there are people who can help here, I can provide my school login details for anybody who is willing to help to confirm this claim. Am an orphan from a tender age, pls mod don't block me either, instead confirm if this is real or not. I've a been guess on this forum since my ND days, I was forced to open an account base on this situation I found myself.
The tuition fee is 80,300 and I have just 30k with me. Pls people help me.

If there is any orphan in any public university who is at the verge of dropping out because of financial difficulties, tell such person to send his or her mail to: a2foundation@yahoo.com.
Spread this message to other groups so that others may benefit.
Sharing is caring ��
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by FroshJaynex(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2018
Is everyone a sicker in that school, Abi na sickness be their degree
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by dokiOloye(m): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2018
KOPT33:

Nope, I didn't apply to medicine my dear brother - I studied philosophy for my bachelors and have advanced degrees in behaviour management.

That being said, N12,000 for medical education is injustice, especially in Buhari's Nigeria. N100K is not so much money. Quality education is not cheap.
When you meet such ppl online,just ignore them.
They are obviously beneath you mentally.
Same person will be complaining about decline in quality of education but doesn't want ppl to pay the price.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by fantasticone1(m): 9:05am On Mar 25, 2018
Samusu:
Hahahaha hahahaha, they most be joking
Pls where did you get your statistics cos it's full of lies. Where are the Arab nations that receives millions of pilgrims every year?
Being religious has nothing to do with a nations economy. Trust me, you can read your history and you will find out that some of the greatest turn around in human history happened during the religious era...

NB; I don't mean to abusive
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by armadeo(m): 9:15am On Mar 25, 2018
KOPT33:
So is the fee too much?

Education costs money and it goes without saying that N12,000 for medical education is an injustice to the school, and especially, the students.

Deltayankeeboi:
you are a fool. I guess you applied for medicine but didn't get it and now you are just hopelessly lashing out your frustration on the intelligent ones that got it. Stop talking rubbish!

KOPT33:

Nope, I didn't apply to medicine my dear brother - I studied philosophy for my bachelors and have advanced degrees in behaviour management.

That being said, N12,000 for medical education is injustice, especially in Buhari's Nigeria. N100K is not so much money. Quality education is not cheap.

Deltayankeeboi:
please what is your definition of quality education. Is medicine the only course there in the school. so students doing courses other than medicine are not getting quality education because it's not medicine. "Studying medicine is a basis that you are getting quality education" that's just how you sound

Lol.

Reading this we can see why the educational sector is in shambles. No comprehension at all.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:19am On Mar 25, 2018
S3ttingz:

Am a student, and a already in my final year (HND II) , something happened and I lost my night security job, now my school portal closes this Friday.
Pls fellow nairalanders, I know there are people who can help here, I can provide my school login details for anybody who is willing to help to confirm this claim. Am an orphan from a tender age, pls mod don't block me either, instead confirm if this is real or not. I've a been guess on this forum since my ND days, I was forced to open an account base on this situation I found myself.
so u no get family and friends abi...u go old here...
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by jnfoage: 10:29am On Mar 25, 2018
chloride6:

Pls mention just one country in which education is free out of this "a lot of countries".
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by ademide0710: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2018
S3ttingz:

Go to Instagram, toke makinwa will help. Don't send a DM, wait for her to upload new picture and explain to her on her comment section.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:35am On Mar 25, 2018
Tertiary education in Nigeria is becoming expensive even when the standards aren't increasing as it supposed to be.

jnfoage:

Pls mention just one country in which education is free out of this "a lot of countries".
Some countries are actually free especially in Europe.
Germany, Finland, Sweden, Norway..
Germany is even free to international students at masters level.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by enemyofprogress: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2018
I would rather go and learn herbal medicine under a native doctor and graduate within one year than to waste my time and money going to UI
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by chloride6: 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
jnfoage:

Germany and the UK.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by supereagle(m): 12:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
Some people will feed fat on it. Forget Nigeria. We are too selfish to plan anything for the future generation.
DrObum:
Quiet unfortunate for the average Nigerian.

Would there also be an improvement in facilities and learning

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by lookingfly: 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
Yankiss:
The increment is unprecedented. The federal Government ought to subsidize Medical education in Nigeria. It is grossly unacceptable. Indigent but promising students would be shut out.
is it only medical students we've in this nation...... Government claims to want to diversify to agriculture and yet all agriculture and related courses is being neglected with no stipend or subsidy for these courses. I wonder how they want to spice up ppls interest to read these courses and go into agriculture?
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
icpc chairman came to ui
and said that 500 million was budgeted but vc had to sign for 200 mill
thats why they are charging students
MrHistorian:
There you have it guys!

The suspension of the Student Union is a well planned strategy to stifle life out of any political body that 'might' pose a threat to the autocratic governance by the institution's board of management.

Incase you don't know,UI is the second most funded university in Nigeria,closely following ABU.This same institution has the lowest number of admitted students yearly(of all federal universities) and yet aren't satisfied with their finances.

What else can be the cause of this if not excessive lust and greed for money?

Whichever way it pans out,the increment should be limited to the college of clinical sciences. smiley

This news isn't coming as a shock grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2018
MrHistorian:
There you have it guys!

The suspension of the Student Union is a well planned strategy to stifle life out of any political body that 'might' pose a threat to the autocratic governance by the institution's board of management.

Incase you don't know,UI is the second most funded university in Nigeria,closely following ABU.This same institution has the lowest number of admitted students yearly(of all federal universities) and yet aren't satisfied with their finances.

What else can be the cause of this if not excessive lust and greed for money?

Whichever way it pans out,the increment should be limited to the college of clinical sciences. smiley

This news isn't coming as a shock grin
and you naively think it will stop at clinical sciences
how quaint
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
why
DrObum:
Quiet unfortunate for the average Nigerian.

Would there also be an improvement in facilities and learning
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
fg HAS been subsidising education and now chickens are coming home to roost
no free lunch in life
Yankiss:
The increment is unprecedented. The federal Government ought to subsidize Medical education in Nigeria. It is grossly unacceptable. Indigent but promising students would be shut out.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
the doctor is clearly not relevant
Auxiliary:
Even with this increment the educational system will still be in comatose

And imagine a Medical Student paid all this amount, just to be a relevant doctor in the society, a good one at that, and this elite will still fly go abroad for medical check up...

Nigeria need deliverance, a swear!
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
can nigerian students reject anything
Desdola:
Increase in fee that will not yield to a better welfare for the Student. Just hope the students reject this move
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
are you blind
can't you see he is south southerner that believe they must get everything from govt free
Swint:

You obviously have a problem with comprehension as well as an inferiority complex. He said quality education is not cheap.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
is it compulsory to go to university
where are the uni jobs
just wasting resources same as our leaders
fergie001:
The accommodation is been increased across board.......

And honestly,all the school have been doing in the past few years is increase increase increase...

Is this Univ of Ibadan a different fed school from OAU?
Unionism has been sent to the dogs there so it's a free ride then....
There is an increase every year,and you ask yourself what they do with grants and all that,as someone rightly said UI gets the highest allocation after ABU,but come here now and see what they will do with the increase,maybe plant flowers and justify nonsense,
In these hard times,they still want to increase across board so as to augment other places they have 'tampered' with funds...
Increase Increase is what they have been singing,and the astronomical and annoying way they do it....they just do not care....
How many departments do they have here?Yet they want to just kill someone with pay here,pay there......
The money they make for PG admission alone,if I say it here....it won't be funny....but one day,they will sleep and not wake and perhaps take monies to their graves,who knows,just maybe!

It's honestly a pity...
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by bolubillionaire(m): 11:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
KOPT33:
So is the fee too much?

Education costs money and it goes without saying that N12,000 for medical education is an injustice to the school, and especially, the students.

I don't think it was ever 12k... Like 20 Sha. Tuition fee and it's ridiculously cheap, but these students still buy books per session running around 50k, as well as other materials and equipment.
And to those who think the increase is too much and want to protest, you don't a union to fight against injustice, u just need unity. If every uite stands against this decision, with or without a union, the authorities will definitely have a rethink.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by ultron12345: 7:12am On Mar 26, 2018
chloride6:

education is free nowhere. It's either the citizens pay for it directly (high school fees) or indirectly (high taxes). The latter looks free but it isnt
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by ultron12345: 7:15am On Mar 26, 2018
chloride6:

Germany and the UK.

education is not free in the UK. As for Germany, go and check how much taxes they pay and compare to what Nigerians pay.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by chloride6: 9:23am On Mar 26, 2018
ultron12345:
education is not free in the UK. As for Germany, go and check how much taxes they pay and compare to what Nigerians pay.

Education is free until you get a job that pays you 21k a year.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by chloride6: 9:24am On Mar 26, 2018
ultron12345:
education is free nowhere. It's either the citizens pay for it directly (high school fees) or indirectly (high taxes). The latter looks free but it isnt

Why are you shifting ground. High taxes are subjective.

The Americans pay high taxes and still they pay for tuition.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Precious111(f): 10:37am On Mar 26, 2018
Some people are saying 12k for schools fees, 12k is for clinicals, tuition used to be 29k and so on.. The total is #55000. Then it was increSed to 185k. Isn't the increase too much?
This people still have to buy a lot of textbooks, nothing less than 10k for each.
The people who impose this fee self, the funny thing is they unwent free education. They were almost next to nothing in the then Nigeria Now they become powerful and make life difficult for an average Nigerian.
Selfishness in a bid to swallow money is their problem not increase in the standard of education.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by kowalsky: 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
KOPT33:

Intelligent reply.
Education is not cheap and the mediocre school fees we pay at federal schools is complicit for the rot the system is currently in.

Most of these guys arguing here don't know how much it costs to run a medical degree in the US.

And before anyone comes at me with Germany free education, remember that Germany is not a failed state that's borrowing $15billion to fund a faux rail way project.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Hardebaryor(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
Rumours

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University Graduate Attempts Suicide Over Withheld Results / Akwa Ibom State University Charges N10,500 For Post-UTME Screening / How Do I Improve My Spoken English? I Need Your Advice Please!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.