Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees (11992 Views)

Works Of Gov Wike:college Of Medical Sciences, RSU, Clinical Students’ Hostels. / Rt Hon. Nwifuru Offset Indigent Students' fees. / Anambra University/ COOU 100level And Clinical Students Resume School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Maxwave: 1:34am On Mar 25, 2018
[Ibadan]–Information reaching THE PAGE has it that the University of Ibadan might be planning to increase clinical levy for students in clinical sciences from 12,000 Naira to 100,000 Naira.

The increase, THE PAGE learnt, will be carried out under the label of “Health Professional Training Fee” and will exclude other fees being currently paid by the students.

According to sources close to the Provost of College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, management is anchoring the new decision on the alleged development that the Federal Government of Nigeria has stopped financing Federal Universities.

To effect this plan, our source further revealed that the management is planning to have a Parents-Teachers meeting at the University College Hospital (UCH) where the parents will be ‘deceived’ to accepting to pay the proposed increment after which the University Senate will officially approve it.

Similarly, there have been growing concerns too amonsgt the students in the main campus about a possible review of accommodation fee from 14,000 Naira to 30,000 Naira.

http://thepageng.com/2018/03/24/university-of-ibadan-plans-to-review-clinical-levy-to-increase-accommodation-to-30000-naira/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by veacea: 7:01am On Mar 25, 2018
OmG
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Willzz(m): 7:01am On Mar 25, 2018
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by S3ttingz: 7:01am On Mar 25, 2018
fellow nairalanders pls believe me on this

Am a student, and a already in my final year (HND II) , something happened and I lost my night security job, now my school portal closes this Friday.
Pls fellow nairalanders, I know there are people who can help here, I can provide my school login details for anybody who is willing to help to confirm this claim. Am an orphan from a tender age, pls mod don't block me either, instead confirm if this is real or not. I've a been guess on this forum since my ND days, I was forced to open an account base on this situation I found myself.
The tuition fee is 80,300 and I have just 30k with me. Pls people help me.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by MrHistorian: 7:01am On Mar 25, 2018
There you have it guys!

The suspension of the Student Union is a well planned strategy to stifle life out of any political body that 'might' pose a threat to the autocratic governance by the institution's board of management.

Incase you don't know,UI is the second most funded university in Nigeria,closely following ABU.This same institution has the lowest number of admitted students yearly(of all federal universities) and yet aren't satisfied with their finances.

What else can be the cause of this if not excessive lust and greed for money?

Whichever way it pans out,the increment should be limited to the college of clinical sciences. smiley

This news isn't coming as a shock grin

14 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by barbstee(m): 7:02am On Mar 25, 2018
Heeyaarh!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by DrObum(m): 7:03am On Mar 25, 2018
Quiet unfortunate for the average Nigerian.

Would there also be an improvement in facilities and learning
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Samusu(m): 7:03am On Mar 25, 2018
Hahahaha hahahaha, they most be joking

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Yankiss(m): 7:04am On Mar 25, 2018
The increment is unprecedented. The federal Government ought to subsidize Medical education in Nigeria. It is grossly unacceptable. Indigent but promising students would be shut out.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by PigMeat: 7:05am On Mar 25, 2018
this is palpitational, aboxious and a Gargantuan evil from those helming the affairs of the citadel of learning.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 25, 2018
So is the fee too much?

Education costs money and it goes without saying that N12,000 for medical education is an injustice to the school, and especially, the students.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 25, 2018
PigMeat:
this is palpitational, aboxious and a Gargantuan evil from those helming the affairs of the citadel of learning.

Have you had some alcohol or did you smoke Skunk?
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by HoodBillionaire: 7:06am On Mar 25, 2018
d end is near
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by LilSmith55(m): 7:07am On Mar 25, 2018
Jesus......
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Auxiliary(m): 7:08am On Mar 25, 2018
Even with this increment the educational system will still be in comatose

And imagine a Medical Student paid all this amount, just to be a relevant doctor in the society, a good one at that, and this elite will still fly go abroad for medical check up...

Nigeria need deliverance, a swear!

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by PigMeat: 7:10am On Mar 25, 2018
KOPT33:

Have you had some alcohol or did you smoke Skunk?
U must be bereft of ravages of intelligence like the guano-gatherer helming the affairs of this nation.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Desdola(m): 7:12am On Mar 25, 2018
Increase in fee that will not yield to a better welfare for the Student. Just hope the students reject this move
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by eleojo23: 7:19am On Mar 25, 2018
Na wa o

Someone will struggle to get admitted into Medicine and still struggle to pay fees.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Deltayankeeboi: 7:19am On Mar 25, 2018
KOPT33:
So is the fee too much?

Education costs money and it goes without saying that N12,000 for medical education is an injustice to the school, and especially, the students.

you are a fool. I guess you applied for medicine but didn't get it and now you are just hopelessly lashing out your frustration on the intelligent ones that got it. Stop talking rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 25, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
you are a fool. I guess you applied for medicine but didn't get it and now you are just hopelessly lashing out your frustration on the intelligent ones that got it. Stop talking rubbish!

Nope, I didn't apply to medicine my dear brother - I studied philosophy for my bachelors and have advanced degrees in behaviour management.

That being said, N12,000 for medical education is injustice, especially in Buhari's Nigeria. N100K is not so much money. Quality education is not cheap.

8 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by otswag(m): 7:25am On Mar 25, 2018
Jesu
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by jnfoage: 7:25am On Mar 25, 2018
KOPT33:

Nope, I didn't apply to medicine my dear brother - I studied philosophy for my bachelors and have advanced degrees in behaviour management.

That being said, N12,000 for medical education is injustice, especially in Buhari's Nigeria. N100K is not so much money. Quality education is not cheap.
Truth. Education is neither free nor cheap anywhere in the world. We are used to free things in Nigeria. 12k for medical students, that is just too funny.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Endtimebro: 7:31am On Mar 25, 2018
If this is true then my suspicion of the rich/elite plan to make education difficult for the poor/mass is becoming true. They know that when a man is educated, he is enlightened (not in all cases). Look at the case in North and see how they (poor) are used because of ignorance/illiteracy
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Deltayankeeboi: 7:37am On Mar 25, 2018
KOPT33:

That being said, N12,000 for medical education is injustice, especially in Buhari's Nigeria. N100K is not so much money Quality education is not cheap
please what is your definition of quality education. Is medicine the only course there in the school. so students doing courses other than medicine are not getting quality education because it's not medicine. "Studying medicine is a basis that you are getting quality education" that's just how you sound
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Swint: 7:38am On Mar 25, 2018
Go to Instagram and contact @kokunfoundation
S3ttingz:
fellow nairalanders pls believe me on this

Am a student, and a already in my final year (HND II) , something happened and I lost my night security job, now my school portal closes this Friday.
Pls fellow nairalanders, I know there are people who can help here, I can provide my school login details for anybody who is willing to help to confirm this claim. Am an orphan from a tender age, pls mod don't block me either, instead confirm if this is real or not. I've a been guess on this forum since my ND days, I was forced to open an account base on this situation I found myself.
The tuition fee is 80,300 and I have just 30k with me. Pls people help me.
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Lisaint(m): 7:40am On Mar 25, 2018
Incase you dont know

The white bearded governor at ondo state just increase our school fees from

35- 100/150k

Claiming our current fees cannor buy Shoe
Am talking about

AAUA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Swint: 7:43am On Mar 25, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
please what is your definition of quality education. Is medicine the only course there in the school. so students doing courses other than medicine are not getting quality education because it's not medicine. "Studying medicine is a basis that you are getting quality education" that's just how you sound
You obviously have a problem with comprehension as well as an inferiority complex. He said quality education is not cheap.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by fergie001: 7:45am On Mar 25, 2018
The accommodation is been increased across board.......

And honestly,all the school have been doing in the past few years is increase increase increase...

Is this Univ of Ibadan a different fed school from OAU?
Unionism has been sent to the dogs there so it's a free ride then....
There is an increase every year,and you ask yourself what they do with grants and all that,as someone rightly said UI gets the highest allocation after ABU,but come here now and see what they will do with the increase,maybe plant flowers and justify nonsense,
In these hard times,they still want to increase across board so as to augment other places they have 'tampered' with funds...
Increase Increase is what they have been singing,and the astronomical and annoying way they do it....they just do not care....
How many departments do they have here?Yet they want to just kill someone with pay here,pay there......
The money they make for PG admission alone,if I say it here....it won't be funny....but one day,they will sleep and not wake and perhaps take monies to their graves,who knows,just maybe!

It's honestly a pity...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Jacktheripper: 7:53am On Mar 25, 2018
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by Deltayankeeboi: 7:58am On Mar 25, 2018
Swint:

You obviously have a problem with comprehension as well as an inferiority complex. He said quality education is not cheap.
quiet mr man. why do you have to conclude that quality education is not cheap. explain yourself better. that statement has no basis. Nigerian universities cant be used as case study to qualify your statement. most universities in nigeria are the same in the quality of education they offer. what i was trying to say was that' you did medicine doesn't mean you got quality education better than a student that did some other course & so for that reason you should pay more fees. Uniben medical students pay 14k, is ui any better than uniben in the quality of education they offer to medical students. get your facts right! you just want to show yourself. sorry at the end of the day your statement "quality education is not cheap" is a complete fallacy with no facts to prove it. learn not to pick on people and always mind your business
Re: University Of Ibadan Plans To Increase Clinical Students Fees by horpeyemmi66(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2018
Some people will have Tsunami without carry over. Really, somethings happen in UI, and I'd just be like, what is wrong with these guys? Take for instance CGPA issue. The whole of Nigeria was using 5.0pts, UI stuck with 7.0pts. Okay, finally, they chose to reduce it and guess where they took it 4.0. That 4.0 is way more difficult than the other first two.

Some people will just sit down somewhere and just come to decisions that in many instances aren't favorable to all and sundry. I don't understand UI sometimes, honestly.

I sincerely, hope your news is a here say Mr Op.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Al-hikmah University, Ilorin Produces 16 First Class Graduates / You Or Your Marriage Partner Who Will/is Assist/assisting The Kids With Math? / Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.