Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 (58313 Views)

Things Every Lady Should Know Before 30 / Things Every Guy Should Know Before 30 / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Gpowerstechnlgy(m): 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Like Aisha Buhari said ' what will a 40 year old man like Nnamdi Kanu be doing in his father's house? Glad Buhari pushed him out so he can work and be a responsible man
Kawai!!!
This one got me cracking
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Cuteamigo1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
you write up is quite insightful but applies relatively and i dint see you make a disclaimer about that. i live in an area where guys are quick to vacate thier parents house even when they are clearly not ready for it with emphasis that it is what is expected of a MAN and end up creating more problems for themselves and i see those manage the situation until the time is right so all this internet advice should be taken with a pinch of salt.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
Do something you're good at....or find your passion and become good at it
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by adeleks: 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
Nice post. I support your view except the pursuing of masters. Rather than stay idle or jobless. It's better to engage your mind with academic endeavor. Masters or professional certificate is okay. What you were taught in school cannot make you relevant.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by alertness(m): 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
The more you look the less you see.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by udemejack(m): 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2018
Prechbills:

you're not okay for quoting me undecided
i only wanted to remind you of your insanity
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by NairaMaster1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
daewoorazer:
1. Days of little beginnings:

To every individual is unique print pattern. It doesn't matter which of your mates you graduated university with neither does it which of them now works with Total NG, at the end what matters is the integrity of what you do, it will payoff someday! It doesn't matter if you hawk gala on the streets today, the disaster therein is complacency. Be proud of what you do, be hardworking, and always improve on yourself; if you don't believe me, read about the Ghanian teacher who taught computer lessons by drawing them on board.

2. Never settle for less when you are still hustling:

The best time to show who you are is when you are still "in the making". If anyone steps on your foot, let the person know immediately. This is the time you can have your shoulders high up; you know why? The best friend of wealth is humility. Once wealth comes in, the wise ones know a slap from a boy of 12 years should be followed by "thank you sir/ma".

3. Leave parent's house:

Nowadays, the greatest fear of an average Nigerian man is the fear of the unknown; all thanks to the Nigerian economy. Staying under your parent's roof equates complacency and definitely you'd never be ready to throw stones at the fruits the life tree presents. Get out there and marvel you can actually feed yourself, probably even do more.

4. Leave the suburbs:

I do tell my friends this "...save being a farmer or for official reasons, what reason would a 21st century unemployed young man give for living in the villages?" Inspiration comes from seeing what magnificient projects your mates handle in the society. You claim nothing works yet you are enjoying akpu and palmwine in the village? Go out to the city and make yourself relevant. Information is power!

5. Its not always Nigerian Masters after BSc:

This is what I do tell people. Save the fact you currently work for a company and the portfolio of the office you hold supports improvement educational wise, kindly invest the money on a good and lucrative business. Make sure you do your homework well. If my parents had given me money for masters, I'd never dash it out to our poor educational system that adds nothing to the life of an average graduate. Life isn't about competition, many of your mates will rush to do masters even PhD after BSc, be intelligent enough to know what is next.

6. There is no right age for marriage:

Do you have a dream taking your time at the moment? Please invest all your energy in it. Never bow to pressure. It doesn't matter whatever tales have been told to your hearing; yes, they will surely tell you your friend's children will call you brother lagbaja. What matters at the end is the places your children can confidently march into and that which theirs cannot. Do not forget so easily how you wished you were some kids in your elementary school.

At the end if the perks of being married debars your life pursuit, the same people will be the ones to mock you! Be wise!

7. The power of life and death lies in the hand of a woman (not literarily).

It is safer not to marry than do and physically assault your wife. It does nothing but reduces man to nothing. As a young man, never take women seriously and do not kill yourself for a woman, the right woman will actually expend less of your energy and money.

Add yourz

Your number 5 and 6 messed your opinion up. If you think you must earn masters abroad then it may not come. Your point : days of little beginning is contradictory to the 5 and 6. How will advice people to start little and still advice them to despise masters at home? You really try but....
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by NairaMaster1(m): 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
Not entirely true..lots of grey areas

Thank you. I thought I am the only one that noticed the contradiction thereon.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by bionixs: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
Midgut:
v
avoid a battle you can win even if you don't fight.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by sitibemfen(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
At 30yrs in this digital age, one must have got life's bearing.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Holywizard: 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
This is exactly what I did.
Immediately I passed out from NYSC, I stayed only 3days with my parents and I left for Rivers state.
If I tell u what I'm doing now u are definitely gonna ask me whether I passed out from NYSC but everything is just for the future.
God bless me Amen

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Omooba224: 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
PraiseDLord:

8. A life without Christ Jesus is worthless, meaningless and vain
Be saved today by confessing your sins and acknowledging Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour as great dreams and hard works may bring riches but also add sorrows, but Christ blesses and added no sorrow. I'm honestly a living testimony!!!!!
Repent and have eternal life as the above list CANNOT be complete without this fact!
Go and tell that to billions of people that don't have belief in your religion. So others that are doing something else are going to hell?. Wake up! Your so called Christ is not even celebrated in his hometown, so why disturbing people?

5 Likes

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
daewoorazer:

To every individual is unique print pattern. It doesn't matter which of your mates you graduated university with neither does it which of them now works with Total NG, at the end what matters is the integrity of what you do, it will payoff someday! It doesn't matter if you hawk gala on the streets today, the disaster therein is complacency. Be proud of what you do, be hardworking, and always improve on yourself; if you don't believe me, read about the Ghanian teacher who taught computer lessons by drawing them on board.

The best time to show who you are is when you are still "in the making". If anyone steps on your foot, let the person know immediately. This is the time you can have your shoulders high up; you know why? The best friend of wealth is humility. Once wealth comes in, the wise ones know a slap from a boy of 12 years should be followed by "thank you sir/ma".

3. Leave parent's house:

Nowadays, the greatest fear of an average Nigerian man is the fear of the unknown; all thanks to the Nigerian economy. Staying under your parent's roof equates complacency and definitely you'd never be ready to throw stones at the fruits the life tree presents. Get out there and marvel you can actually feed yourself, probably even do more.

4. Leave the suburbs:

I do tell my friends this "...save being a farmer or for official reasons, what reason would a 21st century unemployed young man give for living in the villages?" Inspiration comes from seeing what magnificient projects your mates handle in the society. You claim nothing works yet you are enjoying akpu and palmwine in the village? Go out to the city and make yourself relevant. Information is power!

This is what I do tell people. Save the fact you currently work for a company and the portfolio of the office you hold supports improvement educational wise, kindly invest the money on a good and lucrative business. Make sure you do your homework well. If my parents had given me money for masters, I'd never dash it out to our poor educational system that adds nothing to the life of an average graduate. Life isn't about competition, many of your mates will rush to do masters even PhD after BSc, be intelligent enough to know what is next.

Do you have a dream taking your time at the moment? Please invest all your energy in it. Never bow to pressure. It doesn't matter whatever tales have been told to your hearing; yes, they will surely tell you your friend's children will call you brother lagbaja. What matters at the end is the places your children can confidently march into and that which theirs cannot. Do not forget so easily how you wished you were some kids in your elementary school.

At the end if the perks of being married debars your life pursuit, the same people will be the ones to mock you! Be wise!

It is safer not to marry than do and physically assault your wife. It does nothing but reduces man to nothing. As a young man, never take women seriously and do not kill yourself for a woman, the right woman will actually expend less of your energy and money.

Add yourz

Interesting bro
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by 8stargeneral: 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2018
With dis my sunday is okay grin
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
swiz123:
Though I am far from 30, I have already decided not to get married. Women are leeches.

My money can only be expended on my future kids.
how do you expect to have kids without getting married?
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2018
donestk:
Wrong women have sweet pvssies
talking from experience?
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Awoleesu(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
It's time to let go the youngster gangsterism/non-purposeful solidarity company... Stand your world, Rule your world!
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by chukzyfcbb: 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2018
That clause of leaving your parents house isn't always the best.

Sometimes, you need to stay back so you can build up your financial power before you leave home. Most of these guys who leave home aren't doing so because they plan for the future, they just want a free space where they can invite girls over to have stress free S.ex

There is nothing bad if you spend some years working while still in your parents house, saving money for the future only to pack out and start erecting a structure.
Even your friends who packed out will begin to admire you and come to you for guidance.

Saving 600-1.5m/pa on rent for a few years by staying in your parents home for awhile can save you a lot of future financial stress. Drop your pride and plan your life first, its not by rushing out of parents house that you are certified a man.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by chukzyfcbb: 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
serialkilla:
how do you expect to have kids without getting married?
- Surrogate mom like Cr7 did
- Having a Baby Mama

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Pat081: 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
Dis ur number 6 There is no right age for marriage:

At the end if the perks of being married debars your life pursuit, the same people will be the ones to mock you! Be wise! Do u think dos Wu re jobless will be thinking dat way too

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by guttentag(m): 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
On point

FTC on palm Sunday this week more blessings

cool fear women

9) fear woman also

10) make sure you fear woman

My mum advise me to Fear Woman, does that mean they are Evil?
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by amodu(m): 3:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
GOATandYAMtheory:
So how did you make it?
Oniro oshi angry angry
Yahoo plus...
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by akigbemaru: 3:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
daewoorazer:

3. Leave parent's house:

4. Leave the suburbs:

Add yourz

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by MaGenT77: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
Please who is this fucking neega, you just exposed our secret man.
Damn! you threw off the 21st century guy code away so easy
Dont share no more. E don do
Let them marry, born pikin like churcg rats
Buy naija used tokunbo and front
Borrow do wedding
Blame pikin after for failure
Get all the masters
Abeg allow them not to use their head
No more lending of brain ejoo
Spend your salary buying dusse
Smash all the oloshos and married women available for young d in ur village, local yampion
There is federal government award for weddings
Remember that you need to make your life
Women are angels, thats if u don create heaven but dem be winch if na hell u create
Pikin go ask u, daddy where were u when ur mates were using their head not their dickcap
Whatelse
Hustle continues jare
daewoorazer:

3. Leave parent's house:

4. Leave the suburbs:

Add yourz

Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Krafty006: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
Thought provoking, I gbadun this write up ...........office shoes... loafers, boots , check here https://www.nairaland.com/4405075/new-designs
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by banio: 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
Nice write up.
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
guttentag:

My mum advise me to Fear Woman, does that mean they are Evil?

Women of this century are evil
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by charley94: 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
Find a passion/what you love doing and make it a career
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Tamakay(m): 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
Very educative but the part that enthuses me most is "as a youngman, never take women seriously".
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2018
missioner:
Tecno Spark K7 (blue) available for urgent sale.
Am in Ogun.
Dm if interested. 28k

Do dey DM on NL?
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by Johnson5258: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
Good day writer, this is indeed great. May God direct you too in Jesus Name!
Re: 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 30 by daewoorazer(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
Johnson5258:
Good day writer, this is indeed great. May God direct you too in Jesus Name!

Good day sir! God bless you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident Involving Corpers Leaving Sagamu Camp In Ogun State. (photos) / Newest Member: Give Me Some Luv! / Men, Delete One Forever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.