Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) (22957 Views)

Toddler Branded Witch And Abandoned In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / Family And Friends Mourn Nigerian Woman Who Died 15 Days To Her Wedding / Names & Photos Of Nigerians Who Died Of Coronavirus In UK And USA Released By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by gameboyo: 12:00am On Mar 26, 2018
JimOvia:

Sorry to burst your bubble.
You are very wrong to assume that this child was killed by the above assumptions.

1st of all, this child is a toddler. Which means she's at least a year old.

What you wrote only applies to infants (6 months and below). You also stated it yourself that it happens to kids between 3-4 months.

Obviously you don't know the difference between a toddler and an infant.

It doesn't even happen to all infants once they're old enough to turn their necks or heads to avoid choking on the food.

I'm actually disappointed that nobody corrected you and you have several likes. Shows the caliber of people on this forum.

Be guided and stop misleading people.

PS: Stop jumping to conclusions. The baby could have died from any of several natural causes.

Since she's due for dedication, then she should be about 3-4 month, a child can't be dedicated approaching a year except she had a stunted growth. But as for the person u quoted, he or she just copied it from a commenter of this post on Facebook. I saw exactly similar post this morning on fb and my intuition told me someone will quote him and then post it on Nairaland for likes
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by IME1: 12:00am On Mar 26, 2018
bjayx:
Its a pity
RIP

I'm not a muslim but I won't deride their beliefs
I'm not Igbo but I won't insult their traditional style and beliefs
I'm not a billionaire but I won't curse those who are

While God Almighty is worshipped by those who have received grace to so do,
God is still Creator of the world, Ruler above all irrespective of your belief.
I don't need a DNA test to know my mother.
I don't need to live to 121 years to know that God loves me, He's all powerful and saves.

The Jewish God Who we worship, the I Am, Yahweh, Jehovah, God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Christians (even where some Jews don't agree)
Saw His own Son, die on the cross and did not stop it. He stopped Isaac from being sacrificed but provided a lamb. This lamb of God for us is Jesus.
If Jesus did not die we will still be in need of atonement, redemption a nd salvation.

Jesus at the right hand of God saw Stephen being stoned, and Stephen did not complain (as you are complaining for this sweet baby girl) but prayed for the ignorant ones around him (of which Saul [later Paul] was also there in ignorance).
At the cross people also asked why Jesus Who could save and raise others could not do so for Himself? But the will of God supercedes every human understanding.

Many Christians and even Jews have been killed, but still God is God, because when His will is done, you would see that His "foolishness" is wiser than your greatest wisdom.

We as Christians are living the life of Jesus and not carrying religion on our head. It's like saying Putin is carrying Russia on his head when he talks, but what he is doing is living as a Russian and being a Russian. He is not acting or being ignorant. We Christians are not trying to be Jews or Westerners but are living in the new covenant of Jesus Christ.

Finally, whenever you hear a Christian dies, what you should in love, compassion and justice should ask is how, why and by who and not why didn't God prevent it? But ask why did someone or something cause it. If a reverend sister or pastor's wife gets raped (God forbid) as a human with blood in you, you should chastise the rapist and condemn the act and not ask why didn't God prevent it. Why did your fellow brother who does not acknowledge God or feigns to, commit that evil act? I lost 2 of my nieces before they clocked a year old also and i can only pray God comforts the family, and not question Him like I joined Him to create life. Don't be the devil's advocate but condemn him and his acts and agents.
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 26, 2018
JimOvia:

Sorry to burst your bubble.
You are very wrong to assume that this child was killed by the above assumptions.

1st of all, this child is a toddler. Which means she's at least a year old.

What you wrote only applies to infants (6 months and below). You also stated it yourself that it happens to kids between 3-4 months.

Obviously you don't know the difference between a toddler and an infant.

It doesn't even happen to all infants once they're old enough to turn their necks or heads to avoid choking on the food.

I'm actually disappointed that nobody corrected you and you have several likes. Shows the caliber of people on this forum.

Be guided and stop misleading people.

PS: Stop jumping to conclusions. The baby could have died from any of several natural causes.

I agree with you..

However, I don't agree that this baby is a toddler as stated in the topic. From the picture she definitely looks like she's below 6 months. Her age is not stated in the post
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 26, 2018
AuroraB:
People, don't, I repeat, don't lay your baby to sleep on his or her back!!!
You either lay the baby on his or her side with a baby pillow, propping him or her or, you lay him or her on his or her tummy.
Don't say you were not warned sad sad sad
haaa! Please babies below 6 months should not be placed on their bellies unsupervised oh, especially if they are yet to gain neck control.
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 4:58am On Mar 26, 2018
booqee:
haaa! Please babies below 6 months should not be placed on their bellies unsupervised oh, especially if they are yet to gain neck control.
And who would leave a baby of below 6 months unsupervised undecided
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by Lolr(f): 6:58am On Mar 26, 2018
AuroraB:
You either lay the baby on his or her side with a baby pillow, propping him or her or, you lay him or her on his or her tummy.

laying babies on their back is the best position because it prevent sudden infant death (SID)
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by BlowBack: 7:39am On Mar 26, 2018
tendy08:
@Blowback

Part of the info you put out there is erroneous and I thought to point it out, so you can correct that.

The recommended sleeping position for infants below 6months is, lying on the back or at most, by the side. Putting infants on their tummies is a no no, as the position narrows their airways and makes it difficult to expel regurgitated food, while asleep.

Here's a link for more info. You can also check online to garner enough information https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sudden-infant-death-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20352800 on this.

Believe the CDC and UN at your own peril.

The best position is to lie the baby on their sides.

Their diaphragms are not as strong , so when you lie them on their backs it becomes difficult to breath or cough out.

Try lying on your back and choking and see if you won't want to get up and cough harder. The baby does not have the luxury of getting up in this sleeping position when they are choking.

Even lying on your back as an adult is even wrong as it puts stress on your spinal cord talk more of a little baby whose spine isn't as strong yet.
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by Dinvictus: 7:40am On Mar 26, 2018
Please it is wrong to lie a baby on the tummy when the child is less than 4 months old and has gained little or no neck control. Stop posting misleading advice.

Place infant on their back with small folded up wrapper to tilt them up just a little. When they burp the food spill to the side if the mouth. Babies have strong gag reflexes and don't child on burp.

But if you lie on tummy , they can put they face down on the mattress and suffocate cos they can't turn their head to side.

If you lie in the side they could tip over face down (You don't want that)

Lie babies on the back. It's safest.
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by Dinvictus: 7:46am On Mar 26, 2018
Pls ignore the posters above .don't put your babies on their tummy. When they are less than 4 months. The nurses will teach u at the hospital.

Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by Dinvictus: 7:49am On Mar 26, 2018
AuroraB:

I implore you to read up and research. Then ask other mums and medical people in this Nigeria. You are misleading people. Tummy time for babies are for only when baby is awake. Or 100% supervised
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by Dinvictus: 7:50am On Mar 26, 2018
BlowBack:
So sad.

This was an avoidable death.

Just looking at her you will know she was a healthy baby.

I know what killed her and it is usually when after breastfeeding, mother's lie their babies on their backs just as she is pictured.

I know of one case like this.

Babies younger than 3 or 4mths should never be laid on their backs especially after feeding.

The baby must be made to belch by simply holding the baby on one's shoulder and tapping her back gently before lying her on bed.

The baby must have belched and the milk regurgitated and from there went into her lungs.

If she was on her side or on her belly, she would have been able to cough out the regurgitated milk.

Always check on your baby every 2mins when they are this young

Please you are wrong, read , research and ask medical personals around you. Babies should sleep on their backs.
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by alan056: 7:59am On Mar 26, 2018
gameboyo:

She copied it from a Facebook wall

Still man...I didn't see it on a Facebook wall
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by BlowBack: 8:43am On Mar 26, 2018
Dinvictus:

Please you are wrong, read , research and ask medical personals around you. Babies should sleep on their backs.

That is very wrong!

I have had 3 babies and I know what I am talking about.

The best position is on their sides.

The only reason the CDC is assuming the back position is best is because most babies that died of SIDS in the US were found sleeping on their tummy. But there is another research that pin-points SIDS prevalence and poverty in the US with most homes were infants where found dead to have rotten floor boards and the spores from the algae and fungi growing in the rotten word may have been a cause of death.

Their diaphragms are not as strong , so when you lie them on their backs it becomes difficult to breath or cough out.

Try lying on your back and choking and see if you won't want to get up and cough harder. The baby does not have the luxury of getting up in this sleeping position when they are choking.

Even lying on your back as an adult is even wrong as it puts stress on your spinal cord talk more of a little baby whose spine isn't as strong yet.

The key rule is never to keep your baby in one sleeping position. Yous should change their position regurlarly as they sleep and also an infant can not sleep for more than 30mins . The baby should naturally wake up to suckle as their tummy is very small so they need to eat regurlarly.
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by sartorius(m): 9:58am On Mar 26, 2018
Place your baby on their back to sleep, in a cot in the same room as you, for the first 6 months.
Don't smoke during pregnancy or breastfeeding, and don't let anyone smoke in the same room as your baby.
Don't share a bed with your baby if you've been drinking alcohol, if you take drugs or you're a smoker.
Never sleep with your baby on a sofa or armchair.
Don't let your baby get too hot or cold.
Keep your baby's head uncovered. Their blanket should be tucked in no higher than their shoulders.
Place your baby in the "feet to foot" position, with their feet at the end of the cot or Moses basket. Few tips to reduce the risk of cot death.
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by obi123: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2018
any child below 6months should be laid on their back, my midwife advised that until a child is able to raise his/her head or roll over , they should be laid on their back to avoid suffocation, although this might mean that they loose some of their back hair but better to suffer hair lose than them dying.

There are so many practices that should be thrown out at the moment like swaddling apparently not necessary baby should not have any restricted movement, baby beddings should be very minimal, using nut based oils on new borns especially when u dont know if the child was born with nut allergies, over bathing too, this strips their skins of necessary oils.
when placing them in their cot , their feet should be almost touching the end of the bed or basket this is to minimise the baby slipping down the sheet.
over covering is another thing my midwife talked about, so many babies overheat and break out in rashes, and cry because they are uncomfortable
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by Dinvictus: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2018
Abeg are you a man or a woman? You are talking theory. Do you put your babies to bed yourself? And breastfeed a baby every 30 mins ke? In that case baby and mum won't sleep. You breastfeed for 5 to 30 mins every 2 hours when babies are just born. After that baby decide his pace. You don't like babies on their side like adults do. But on their backs and you prop up their upper bodies slightly on one side. Ask your anti natal nurses.

BlowBack:

That is very wrong!

I have had 3 babies and I know what I am talking about.

The best position is on their sides.

The only reason the CDC is assuming the back position is best is because most babies that died of SIDS in the US were found sleeping on their tummy. But there is another research that pin-points SIDS prevalence and poverty in the US with most homes were infants where found dead to have rotten floor boards and the spores from the algae and fungi growing in the rotten word may have been a cause of death.

The key rule is never to keep your baby in one sleeping position. Yous should change their position regurlarly as they sleep and also an infant can not sleep for more than 30mins . The baby should naturally wake up to suckle as their tummy is very small so they need to eat regurlarly.

Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
Lolr:

laying babies on their back is the best position because it prevent sudden infant death (SID)
Chai sad
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
Dinvictus:

I implore you to read up and research. Then ask other mums and medical people in this Nigeria. You are misleading people. Tummy time for babies are for only when baby is awake. Or 100% supervised
Go with your idea, Biko smiley
Re: Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) by Cokoxtrablog: 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
victoriousman15:
You are mentally sick brother. Why advertising on this kinda post?
Scammer how is your insurance job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killer Cop: Victim’s Daughter Develops Seizure After Mother’s Killing(pic) / Akwa Ibom Blames High Rate Of HIV/AIDS On Influx Of Visitors / Lagos Opens DNA Forensic Lab, The First In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.