Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State (17724 Views)

BEDC Staff Electrocuted While Reconnecting Power Cables In Delta (Video) / UNIUYO Staff Electrocuted While Reconnecting Vandalized Armored Cable (Photos) / Electrician Electrocuted While Working On A Pole In Port-Harcourt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by maxiuc(m): 10:39am On Mar 26, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
I fear ELECTRICITY like .... shocked shocked shocked

To change a bulb sef, i dey fear. Some women say it's not sexy to be handy around the house, but

my life is more important. I don't give a shit...i call an electrician for the least electrical fault.

Imagine, even NEPA/PHCN/DISCO officials get electrocuted on a regular basis
the electric is your house has a low voltage to instantly shock a full grown man Dead unless it is triggered by the water factor which is a good conductor of electricity

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by MissRaine69(f): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2018
Power was restored? By whom? That’s some seriously flawed communication right there
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by micflo28(m): 10:44am On Mar 26, 2018
No occupational hazard protection plans and policies in naija. You touch high tension wires with bare hands, no protective gears with the hope power won't be restored. His family should sue BEDC for his death over lack of provision of protective wears and tools.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by noble2faith(m): 10:44am On Mar 26, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

To change a bulb sef, i dey fear. Some women say it's not sexy to be handy around the house, but

my life is more important. I don't give a shit...i call an electrician for the least electrical fault.

finally brethren, here is someone like me
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by 2day6(m): 10:46am On Mar 26, 2018
is our work oh soft work. I fear village people.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by noble2faith(m): 10:46am On Mar 26, 2018
maxiuc:
the electric is your house has a low voltage to instantly shock a full grown man Dead unless it is triggered by the water factor which is a good conductor of electricity

jamah, shey e gbor radarada ti eleyi nsor?
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by Godyke(m): 10:51am On Mar 26, 2018
Another possible cause of his electrocution is the use of aluminum ladder instead of a wooden or fibreglass ladder as seen in the picture. Aluminum is a good conductor of electricity. I can also assure you that the base of that ladder is not insulated thereby exposing the user to direct contact with the ground which act as neutral.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by erico2k2(m): 10:51am On Mar 26, 2018
BleSSedMee:

That was no stealing bruv. Twas an official assignment.

Wonder why the light was restored. Guess there was no proper communication.
I think it says illegal, hence they had no clue of power coming back
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by BabatCargo(m): 10:52am On Mar 26, 2018
Hmmm..Not Good at all....
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=Mekanus post=66166415]Try and develop some reading culture, it will seriously damage your ignorance.[/quote/) BRUTALITY
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by MissRaine69(f): 10:54am On Mar 26, 2018
micflo28:
No occupational hazard protection plans and policies in naija. You touch high tension wires with bare hands, no protective gears with the hope power won't be restored. His family should sue BEDC for his death over lack of provision of protective wears and tools.
Protective wears and tools is the least of the worries here
Hazards and saferty policies do exist but most prefer to adopt the Naija approach the “God will protect me policy” “ the village people protection policy” and the “ I don’t know and I never want to know policy”
How many employers actually care about Health and Safety and how many employees make an effort to know?
This man’s death is a travesty but disregard for human life is rife in this country.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by KillerBeauty(f): 10:55am On Mar 26, 2018
calddon:
Benin ke? the wrongest place to do Nepa work
The topic clearly said Delta state
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by Godyke(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2018
maxiuc:

Point of correction. The voltage of electricity in your house is the same as the one on the pole. Both can kill anybody instantly. The difference between them is the size of cable through which they are traveling. Don't underestimate or over familiarize yourself with the one in house. Never make that mistake.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by Kadejo(m): 10:59am On Mar 26, 2018
No communication at all, too bad.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by KillerBeauty(f): 10:59am On Mar 26, 2018
MissRaine69:

Protective wears and tools is the least of the worries here
Hazards and saferty policies do exist but most prefer to adopt the Naija approach the “God will protect me policy” “ the village people protection policy” and the “ I don’t know and I never want to know policy”
How many employers actually care about Health and Safety and how many employees make an effort to know?
This man’s death is a travesty but disregard for human life is rife in this country.
If you want to advise some people about safety first they will tell you that they have been doing it since before you were born. I once saw a guy climbing mask with nothing to protect him because to him he's a Pro.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by swaggprofessor(m): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2018
Johnnyessence:
A 43-year-old man suspected to be a staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company, BEDC, has died while disconnecting all illegal connections in the Olori area of Ughelli, Delta State.
The deceased identified as Theophilus, was called by his boss to carry out the assignment. However, power was restored while still trying to effect the disconnection, thus leading to his instant death. https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/03/man-electrocuted-while-disconnecting.html?m=1
I met this guy during my short stay in ughelli I can say he was an awesome guy. Very down to earth, funny n extremely hardworking. The most reliable PHCN staff I have ever met n will ever meet. A great lost to the parliament
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by swaggprofessor(m): 11:05am On Mar 26, 2018
Godyke:

Point of correction. The voltage of electricity in your house is the same as the one on the pole. Both can kill anybody instantly. The difference between them is the size of cable through which they are traveling. Don't underestimate or over familiarize yourself with the one in house. Never make that mistake.
My friend Shutup voltage on the pole is 415 which is stepped down to just 220v for indoors
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by Godyke(m): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=swaggprofessor post=66167230]My friend Shutup voltage on the pole is 415 which is stepped down to just 220v for indoors[/quote

Keep quiet and stop disgracing yourself here. The pole we are talking about here is the one that carries power to every home and it is usually 220-230 volts and it is known know as low voltage line. It gets its supply from transformer. If 415 volts is sent into your apartment how do you step it down. Maybe your China made stabilzer I think. Instead of asking question to learn you are here messing your self.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by Godyke(m): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2018
swaggprofessor:
My friend Shutup voltage on the pole is 415 which is stepped down to just 220v for indoors

Keep quiet and stop disgracing yourself here. The pole we are talking about here is the one that carries power to every home and it is usually 220-230 volts and it is known know as low voltage line. It gets its supply from transformer. If 415 volts is sent into your apartment how do you step it down. Maybe your China made stabilzer I think. Instead of asking question to learn you are here messing your self.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by usomine2014: 11:27am On Mar 26, 2018
RIP
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by rookiy(m): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2018
nairaman66:
This guy was assasinated by his co-workers!!

It’s simple, there is something fishy about his office! Firstly, he was called by his boss for an official assignment!

Secondly, power was restored while he was on the job! His boss should be arrested with immediate effect!
I concur
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by MissRaine69(f): 11:34am On Mar 26, 2018
KillerBeauty:

If you want to advise some people about safety first they will tell you that they have been doing it since before you were born. I once saw a guy climbing mask with nothing to protect him because to him he's a Pro.
Tell me about it. One colleague caused an infection everytime he did sutures on a patient so rather than argue with him because like you mentioned “ I was doing this before you were born” is the regular defence so to avoid issues it was easier to just redo the sutures without telling him.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by calddon(m): 11:56am On Mar 26, 2018
KillerBeauty:

The topic clearly said Delta state
Thank u, he is working for benin electric
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by staggerman(m): 11:57am On Mar 26, 2018
Johnnyessence:
A 43-year-old man suspected to be a staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company, BEDC, has died while disconnecting all illegal connections in the Olori area of Ughelli, Delta State.
The deceased identified as Theophilus, was called by his boss to carry out the assignment. However, power was restored while still trying to effect the disconnection, thus leading to his instant death. https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/03/man-electrocuted-while-disconnecting.html?m=1

The simple yet most effective safety control measure to prevent this incident is a LOCK OUT TAG OUT procedure, in addition to a permit to work system.
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by suco01(m): 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
That is unprofessional if he use bare hands on cables without insulated hand gloves not a good idea @ all. Maybe he use the insulated hand gloves but had body contact with a naked cable on the pole when power was restored. God knows what really happened. RIP
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by einsteine(m): 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

To change a bulb sef, i dey fear. Some women say it's sexy to be handy around the house, but

Let those women go and ask if Dangote changes light bulbs or starts the generator. If you have the money to hire help, do so. Who handy help?
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by Hardewhale23(m): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2018
simplyhonest:
stealing is bad....
Is that one stealing, u better read a post b4 commenting on it Mtchewwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by Yankiss(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
simplyhonest:
stealing is bad....

Did you read the post at all?
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by no1madman(m): 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hmmm [img][/img]

Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by fuckboi2022: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
Yusfunoble:
shocked

Fear village people u no hear, chai!

Dem finally get this man.. village people no need electricity to operate.
grin grin grin LOLz
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by swaggprofessor(m): 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
Godyke:

See this muturu when 2 live wires are tested u will get roughly 415volts.but the household voltage is abt. 230volts. U r a Gud engineering student. Bt with a zero practical knowledge. Mumu ask n ye shall learn
Re: Man Electrocuted While Disconnecting Electric Wires In Delta State by Nnabugwu8590: 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2018
nairaman66:
This guy was assasinated by his co-workers!!

It’s simple, there is something fishy about his office! Firstly, he was called by his boss for an official assignment!

Secondly, power was restored while he was on the job! His boss should be arrested with immediate effect!
My dear, don't say what you don't know its technicality.
If actually it was an official assignment and the guy knew safety aspect of the assignment, he would not have died. Was he with his PPE kit? Another option, he would have deloaded the feeder pillar's unit of the transformer that powered the LT of the network that he climbed. Whether Nepa restored light or took the light, nothing would have happened to him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K / Earn Real Money Online Easily, You Can Earn 2500$ Dollars Weekly Guaranteed / 45 Police Officers Who Arrested Evans Get Special Promotion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.