Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? (23360 Views)

Mko Abiola's Daughter Bags £100,000 Deal At Dragons Den Uk / With Waseet, Kola Abiola Bounces Back Into Media Business / How Do I Get An International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by bkbabe97: 10:08pm On May 07, 2010
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Katsumoto:

Are you a professor, Mekusxxxxx?
You only completed a Ph.D in 2008 and you are already a professor!!!!!!!
Recap
A US employer facilitated an H1B visa for you in 2008. In that same year, after migrating to the US, another company/body or perhaps the same employer sponsored your MBA studies full-time. In less than two years in the US, You have managed to complete (or about to) an MBA as well as attain professorship. Plus you became fluent in several European languages. I am not being facetious.

Mekusxxx
1985-1991 primary education scholarship (private school, Nigeria)
1991-1992- Break for personal reasons
1992-1998 secondary education scholarship (Nigeria)
1998-2003 BS scholarship (Nigeria)
2003-2005 (MS UK  scholarship)2005-2008 (PhD Dutch scholarship)
2008-2010 (MBA US scholarship)

mekusxxx:

Katsumoto,

I am so good that they call me professor even when I am not yet one. In all the mails I get inviting me to conferences, I am usually always refered to as Prof.

@MEKUYSSHSYTX

^^^^^Lol, Mekuusyshixxty, Finally, u've been outted.lol. youre, officially: THE JOKER OF THE 21st Century!!! Like the Feds will say when they bust members of La Cosa Nostra: "Sir, the gig is up". Dude You are not educated in the slightest! Now I remember how I used to view you when I first came on here and u used to claim how educated you were. I used to just view u as a crude, wild looking African, holding a matchete over his shoulders; and I'm not tryna elicit laughter. That was how unrefined you sounded back then!!! To your credit tho, u've managed to spruce up your language and now sound somewhat believable. I remember Nchara sounded way more refined; remember he made his exit and was never heard from again after it was revealed that he did not hold any of the degrees he claimed to have. It seems that ure about to go the same way. BUt, knowing you and how stubborn a person u seem to be, it will be no surprise u stay on and swallow the disgrace which this "exposure" seems to have gotten u!!!lol

Do u remember how Nchara got exposed? Remember, he also claimed to be this "wonderboy genius". We somehow convinced him to post his degrees on line, but to cover his name in digital whiteout so as to protect his "real" identity. lol.  He fell for it!!! lol. You do remember that Sauron or Sagamite (I dont remember which) managed to removed the "whiteout" thereby exposing Nchara's real name? Not only that, it was also revealed that Nchara posted a certificate that did not belong to him pretending it was his by covering the name of the REAL owner. Thank God for technology!!! Life is not about brawn, its all about brain. Funny how u guys think ure really smart.lol.

Do you remember that? Sure u do! Thats why u refuse to post your "certificate" on here. Not only because u do not have one, but because u know the fake one u post on here will be easily exposed even if u cover the name. Aight, post it, I promise (got my fingers crossed) not to give you the Nchara treatment.lol.  grin
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 10:12pm On May 07, 2010
Aderupoko2:

Haba, this is the evil genius at work again. He is trying to paint white black for us. Even if M.K.O was a drug baron, the whole country still voted for him. How many of these guys are free of skeletons. Why wait till your presidential ambitions before unleashing the power of the media to justify your evil decision to nullify all the collective will of Nigerians.
Nigerians,please beware,IBB is an anti-democratic force that will never relinquish power when voted in.
My submission,even if M.K.O was evil,he still helped many less privileged Nigerians with his philantrophic gestures.Many of our looters even never learnt a helping hand after stealling our money.
IBB,Nigerians don't have short memory,stop playing on our intelligence.

The fact that you deployed stolen money to help others does not absolve you of roguery. MKO was the greatest rogue and coup sponsor Nigeria has produced. Truly speaking, I do not care about IBB, but he is definitely better than 10 MKOs. Had Abiola ruled that country, it would have since gone to the dogs. Be thankful to God for using IBB to annul the DOUBTFUL election of a fraudulent man. MKO bribed his way through but was stopped right on his track. Live with that fact or die trying not to. Moti so tan
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 10:13pm On May 07, 2010
BK/BABE97,

I won't be repeating how dumb I believe you are. Go back and read my response to Katsumoto. Stop cherry-picking.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by bkbabe97: 10:15pm On May 07, 2010
^^^ Dude; please cherry pick!!! lol. JUST POST ONE OF YOUR NUMEROUS DEGREES, OJUKWUSTEIN!!!
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 10:21pm On May 07, 2010
Gutter boy bk/babe97:

You expect me to fall for your lowly gimmick like Nchara did? Even when Nchara posted his certs, you guys still went on doubting.
You aint getting nothing from me, so stop hitting your balls on the wall. The things I posted as evidence last year are more than enough. If you want to know me, attend the conference that I posted earlier. There we separate the wheat (Mekusxxx) from the chaff (you and the rest of the pack).
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 10:24pm On May 07, 2010
Now this is one helluva okoro man taking on hundreds of ngbatis. I still have some steam left to floor even more of you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by bkbabe97: 10:27pm On May 07, 2010
mekusxxx:

Gutter boy bk/babe97:

You expect me to fall for your lowly gimmick like Nchara did? Even when Nchara posted his certs, you guys still went on doubting.
You aint getting nothing from me, so stop hitting your balls on the wall. The things I posted as evidence last year are more than enough. If you want to know me, attend the conference that I posted earlier. There we separate the wheat (Mekusxxx) from the chaff (you and the rest of the pack).

Lol. How can u fall when u aint standing? U aint got jack, homes!!! You can dodge, duck, and weave all u want the fact is until u produce a certicate its clear that ure lying, as usual!!! This is a waste of time. Duke, I'm out!!!

P.S: attend the conference then what? Start screaming "Mekkuuuyshixxty, where are you??" in the face of a thousand guests?lol. Dude, u might think ure smart, but the more u reply the more it shows how st. . upid u really are. Peace, I'm out. Once again, uve been exposed. As a man without shame tho, u'll still run around in public with the leg-bone carcass of disgrace hanging from the side of ur mouth!!!
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Tuyis: 10:31pm On May 07, 2010
mekusxxx:

Now this is one helluva okoro man taking on hundreds of ngbatis. I still have some steam left to floor even more of you. grin grin grin grin

Yes mekuxxx, you are a super okoro man. Now, will you now let it rest. A ku klux klan for example will not ask you whether you are Okoro or Yoruba, he will attack you regardless. Can't you see how petty this is?
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 10:32pm On May 07, 2010
bk/babe (she-maled)97

Yes, attend the conference and listen to the only Nigerian (with a tinge of Nigerian accent) present talk. That is what you get from me, no more.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Katsumoto: 10:34pm On May 07, 2010
mekusxxx:

Katsumoto,

I am so good that they call me professor even when I am not yet one. In all the mails I get inviting me to conferences, I am usually always refered to as Prof.

Notwithstanding, I need a few years to become a prof if I want to because people with my kind of skills are far and in between. You can see that I cut across many disciplines.

BS (Crop Production)
MS (Molecular Biology)
Ph.D (Bio-Environmental Engineering)
MBA (Science and Technology)

From all indication, I am made for the industry big time.

mekusxxx:

BK/BABE97,

I won't be repeating how dumb I believe you are. Go back and read my response to Katsumoto. Stop cherry-picking.

What response was that? If you really attended an institution in Europe or the US, then you will know that they do not bandy titles anyhow like Nigerians. An American or European academic WILL never refer to you using an unmerited title in official correspondence. She referred to the individuals below using their proper titles because they worked for it. If you have a Ph.D as you claim you do, then she would have referred to you as Dr Mekusxxxx. Even if in private, your colleagues (i use that loosely) refer to you as prof (I doubt that very much), they would never refer to you like that publicly.

"The conference will be chaired by Dr Chris Murray (Cambridge) Dr David Rees (Cambridge) Prof Jim Wells (San Francisco) Prof Tom Blundell (Cambridge)."

Also, you want us to believe that Jane King, the event manager, knows you personally. According to you, she used a title loosely based on a preconceived relationship but yet she failed to start the correspondence without pleasantries!!!!!!!!!!!    

I know what I believe.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by simplychic(f): 10:37pm On May 07, 2010
mekuxxx   is   a   liar   he   lied   that   he   was   given   scolarship   after   first   term   in   primary1,how   deos   that   sound,its   a   big   lie.
I don't   believe   he   is  in   the   us   cos   only   a   primitive   person   will   reason  and   argue   like   him,if   he   outside   the   country  he   would  have  mixed   up   with  different   kinds  of   people   and  will   be  more  enlighthen,his   level  of   reasoning  will   be   higher   than  this  so  don't  get  fooled  by  his   lies.
Lets   even  believe  he   got   scholaship   was  it  your  coward  leader   ojukwu   that  gave  you  the  scholaship,definitely  it was  awolowo,now you  are  biting  thee finger  that   fed  you.
You   are  nothing  but  an  ungrateful  bastard.  Abiola  we  know, awolowo  we  know, Let  me  ask  you again cos you  seem to be   so  frustrated,who  is your  father
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 10:44pm On May 07, 2010
Katsumoto,

Another of your odeishness on display

The email is for all conference invitees/attendees. Why should she know me personally? Did I tell you she (whoever that is) knows me personally?

Let me tell you how it works dude, seeing that you are absolutely ignorant:

1. You establish your apparency in a given field by doing research and publishing peer-reviewed scientific articles
2. Your articles get into PubMED or ISI web of knowledge or other reputable scientific databases
3. Scientific conference organizers search for potential guest speakers in those databases based on the quality and relevance of their articles
4. They collect list of worthy speakers and send mails to them inviting them to come talk to peers and juniors
5. In the databases, nobody cares about your degree
6. But the quality of your work can persuade anyone to address you as they wish
7. In my case, my articles (15 of them so far) are so good that people who do not know me personally do not know what to call me, so they end up calling me Prof
8. Actually (and this is speaking the truth), before I completed my PhD, I was already being refered to as Dr. by conference organizers who thought this person must have a PhD already to be able to publish such  articles

Such is the quality of my work and I am not bragging for nothing. There is something to brag for. Thanks.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dominoifet(m): 10:48pm On May 07, 2010
Mekusxxx
I am so good that they call me professor even when I am not yet one. In all the mails I get inviting me to conferences, I am usually always refered to as Prof.Notwithstanding, I need a few years to become a prof if I want to because people with my kind of skills are far and in between. You can see that I cut across many disciplines.

BS (Crop Production)
MS (Molecular Biology)
Ph.D (Bio-Environmental Engineering)
MBA (Science and Technology)

From all indication, I am made for the industry big time.

Prof, is there any degree l quote u "MBA (Science and Technology)"? It would b wonderful 2 av it. Kindly tell me about it.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 10:50pm On May 07, 2010
Dominoifet:

Prof, is there any degree l quote u "MBA (Science and Technology)"? It would b wonderful 2 av it. Kindly tell me about it.

Do some googling. Time to stop spoon-feeding you or anyone else.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 10:55pm On May 07, 2010
Like Father Like Son shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Police arrest Deji Abiola over alleged N177m fraud
Detectives at the Special Fraud Unit of the Nigeria Police on Monday in Lagos arrested and quizzed Mr. Deji Abiola, one of the sons of the late businessman and politician, Chief MKO Abiola, for allegedly defrauding Guaranty Trust Bank of N177m.

Our correspondent gathered that Deji was also picked up for allegedly defrauding another company of $100,000. It was learnt that the management of GT Bank reported to SFU investigators that “Deji collected a facility only to disappear.”

A top security source said, “He told the bank that he needed the money for the importation of some goods into the country.

“There was an agreement between Deji and the bank that the bank would be involved in the sale of the goods when it arrives. But after waiting for a while, the bank became suspicious when it did not see Deji or the goods.

Officials of the bank went to his house and office but he was nowhere to be found. They then made a report to the SFU that he was owing them N177m.”

Operatives of the SFU were said to have arrested Deji when he showed up at the bank in Lagos on Monday for a meeting where another loan application from him was scheduled to be discussed.

However, the son of the late billionaire unwittingly walked into a trap set by the investigators.

The source said, “Recently, Deji applied for another facility in the bank and was asked to come for a meeting on Monday. Unknown to him, officials of the bank had alerted policemen who arrested him at the venue of the meeting in Lagos.”

The source further revealed that shortly after Deji’s arrest, another company informed the SFU that he was also owing it the sum of $100,000. Our correspondent learnt that Deji, who was picked up around 2pm, was released on bail to his younger brother, Agboola, around 7p.m.

The spokesman of the SFU, Mr. Ezima Akan, said he had been on vacation and had no idea of Deji’s arrest. Also, when our correspondent contacted GT Bank’s Assistant General Manager, Public Relations, Mrs. Lola Odedina, on the telephone, she said, “I have no idea. Thank you.”

Our correspondent tried to reach Deji through one of his brothers, Jamiu, at 8.12pm on Monday. After enquiring about The PUNCH’s mission, he promised to contact his brother and get back to our correspondent.

Jamiu called back at 9.11pm to say that he had been unable to reach his brother, as his phone was switched off. He promised to reach our correspondent whenever he was able to establish contact with Deji.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200911101575982
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dominoifet(m): 10:55pm On May 07, 2010
That course is scarcely offered in d US. Hw come u av urs in d state. Mostly peeps go 2 Canada to get it
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 10:58pm On May 07, 2010
^^^^^
You are a confused lot.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dominoifet(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2010
See Mekusxxx if ur friends and collegues and d so-called pple u trained call u prof, it is because they r ridiculing u. I wonder the kind of training u r giving to them. I doubt if it is not very much like below.

U sound like some1 fighting wrestling with Okonkwo in d thick evil forest, where things av fallen apart and knowledge has come to it wit-end.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by franktolk(m): 11:08pm On May 07, 2010
If this forum called Nairaland is an avenue for some unscrupulous tribalists to plant seeds of envy,hatred,tribalism and jealousy in the hearts of men,then I gats to quit the forum as quick as possible.
I believe by now, with our level of exposure and enlightenement we should have relegated the issue of tribal sentiments to the past.I dont care where you're from;be you white,black,red,hausa,ibo,yoruba,efik,Tiv,Idoma,Ishan,Kanuri,Fulani, whatever, as long as you share same Red blood with me you are my Brother. Your character and personality determines the rest.
Let's make this world a better place, please expand your horizon and come out of your presumed comfort zone and enclave , learn to appreciate other cultures, there is a great pride in diversity.

God bless you all.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Tuyis: 11:14pm On May 07, 2010
Dominoifet:

U sound like some1 fighting wrestling with Okonkwo in d thick evil forest, where things av fallen apart and knowledge has come to it wit-end.

No. no, no. Mekuxxx could have been one of the greatest men in Umuofia, you drove him to go and compete with the Ngbatis. Now he will live the rest of his life as a bigot. tongue
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 11:16pm On May 07, 2010
More evidence (this was actually before graduation in 2008)
This is for applied microbiology
More ''thank yous'' for excellent review in bioengineering and environmental science articles shortly

Dear Dr. Mekusxxxx

You are currently listed as a reviewer for the Journal of Applied Microbiology and Letters in Applied Microbiology.

Firstly, we would like to thank you for the reviews you have completed for the journals.  The success of the journals is largely due to the support of the reviewers - and we often receive comments from authors thanking us for the detailed comments they receive.

Secondly, in order to improve the way our reviewer database works, and to help ensure that you are sent manuscripts that are of interest to you, we have made an important change to our ScholarOne Manuscripts site.  All users will now be asked to select at least three (and up to eight) keywords in their user account to indicate their area of expertise.  These keywords can then be used by our editors to help select reviewers.

We would be very grateful if you could therefore login to ScholarOne Manuscripts at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/appliedmicrobiology and check the keywords that are currently listed for you.  If you have forgotten your login details, please use the ‘Password Help’ link.

It may be that you already have some keywords listed in your account, in which case we would suggest you login and check these are up-to-date by clicking on the ‘Edit Account’ link on the top right of the screen and navigating to the ‘User ID and Password’ section.  

If you do not have any keywords currently listed, we encourage you to login and choose relevant keywords. You may find that a message pops up to indicate your account needs updating.  In this case, please click ‘OK’ which will take you directly to the page on which you can choose your keywords.

Thank you again for your support.  We hope you will be happy to review further manuscripts for Journal of Applied Microbiology and Letters in Applied Microbiology in the future.

Best wishes

Kathy Brister

P.S. If you receive this email to more than one of your email addresses, it is likely that there are multiple accounts in your name.  Please let me know if this is the case and I will merge the accounts to one account with your preferred email address.

Kathy Brister | Managing Editor

Journal of Applied Microbiology and Letters in Applied Microbiology

Wiley-Blackwell

John Wiley & Sons

9600 Garsingston Road, Oxford, OX4 2DQ, UK
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 11:18pm On May 07, 2010
Dominoifet:

''fighting wrestling''. Now that is some shitty grammar. Hahahaha!
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dominoifet(m): 11:21pm On May 07, 2010
^
ROFLMAO **tears coming out**

Prof Mekusxxx Peacock. Keep showing ur feathers ur yansh is out and will still come out again.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 11:26pm On May 07, 2010
Dominoifet:

^
ROFLMAO **tears coming out**

Prof Mekusxxx Peacock. Keep showing your feathers your yansh is out and will still come out again.

Dundy Dominoifet?

I did not see any feathers in your yansh. Mind showing them to me? Thanks
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 11:30pm On May 07, 2010
Below was from somebody I did not know begging me for help with a job all the way from India. Notice he also called me a Prof. No be ma fault, na God do am. Hahahahah! His English sucks, though.

Dear Professor Mekusxxx
I here by takes this opportunity to introduce myself as P. YYYYYYYYYY. I did complete my Ph. D thesis, Department of Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, India . I wish to look for an opportunity as a Post Doctoral Fellow in your esteemed institution. I am very much interested in carrying my further research work in your lab. I am attaching my CV for your kind consideration and perusal. Thanking you in advance.
Yours truly,
P. YYYYYYYYYYYYY
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dominoifet(m): 11:33pm On May 07, 2010
How can u see, all u can see is 2 dot d I's and cross d T's in other pples post.

U really need help!!! And u have been getting help with schorlarship from Pry 1 till date, yet u don't have d real help. **shakes head**
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dotman01(m): 11:36pm On May 07, 2010
Devils a liar. Down down satan down down ibb
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 11:37pm On May 07, 2010
Dominoifet:

How can u see, all u can see is 2 dot d I's and cross d T's in other pples post.

U really need help!!! And u have been getting help with schorlarship from Pry 1 till date, yet u don't have d real help. **shakes head**

Point of correction. I did not ''get help with scholarship''. I deserved everyone of them; infact I was almost begged not to reject in some of them. Get the fact straight and thank you as you do so.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dotman01(m): 11:41pm On May 07, 2010
I dnt really like this cyber-campaignin. Its nt gonna work cos wer nt goin to vote on the internet. If u really av the courage to defend ibb just come bk to naija n start campaignin on the street of naija. If u get home safely, u win.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dominoifet(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2010
Mekusxxx

Point of correction. I did not ''get help with scholarship''. I deserved everyone of them; infact I was almost begged not to reject in some of them. Get the fact straight and than you as you do so.

"Get the fact straight and than you as you do so."

Not really a grammar right? Just omission right? How does it sound?

U r d best, u r d best that's why they r begging u, even from pry 1
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by SEFAGO(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2010
This is just so gay. Mekusxx, hubris is silly. He did not do his PhD at an Ivy or Oxbridge and he is already having o.r.g.asms.

I cannot believe I am arguing with someone who studied crop science at the Bachelors level undecided
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 11:48pm On May 07, 2010
SEFAGO:

This is just so gay. Mekusxx, hubris is silly. He did not do his PhD at an Ivy or Oxbridge and he is already having o.r.g.asms.

I cannot believe I am arguing with someone who studied crop science at the Bachelors level undecided

You don't even have a Ist degree. Now I see you are desperately catching straw
I studied in one of the best unis in Naija, one of the best in the UK and the very best in Netherland (find out which one this is)
Here in the US, I am working in one of the best organizations in my field. What more can I ask for?
Every country has their own ivy leagues and I was always in one of them in the different countries I studied. Bragging rights grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / N500b Capital Base: Capital Needed By Commercial Banks With International Spread / How To Send And Receive Payment Online Internationally In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.